~~Melting on Monday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Melters!

Today I did a 20 minute I-Climb on the eliptical followed by 4DS triceps & biceps. WOW that eliptical workout can be tough. I was not able to keep up so I just stayed at my own pace listening to the music.

Tneah:
I don;t know how you can do 45 minutes on the eliptical! That is great.:) Do you use anything like CC or I-Train? Good for you on keeping the food choices healthy!

Lainie:
Do the 4DS.. it is great! I am now in my 6th week and I don;t want to change to anything else, although I know I should.

TK:
Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. Turkey soup.. yum:9 . I figured out that I have to wash down the strap on the HRM each time with water, and so far it has not cut out. I used to wipe it down every couple of days with those Clorox wipes, but I don;t think that was good for it. Now I do it every day with water and have had no more problems (says with fingers crossed!)

Hi to all that I missed!

Have a great day

Deb;-)

Hey There!

How are our injuries and germies doing today?

Deb- Good going on doing the workout early.

Today is spin class, Monday clean max, some last minute shopping ( yuck! I missed my JCrew free shipping deadline! ) and meal planning. I forgot to plan meals yesterday!!! It will also be a big driving day.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning!

I haven't had the nerve to check the scale this weekend. Sunday was not good. But you should see the food I have packed today! Clean, clean, clean. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way.

After work I get to do water aerobics! I plan to get a solid workout this time, at least 45 min. Whether I go for a full hour will depend on how the hot water affects me. A-Jock has warned me!

Deb - I'm utterly impressed that you can do such an amazing workout so early in the morning. Great job!

Judy - I hope you get everything done. My goodness!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Good morning All!

Well... it's finally happened. I've caught the germs!!! x( I woke up feeling crappy but hopefully the OTC meds will work pronto!!!

I still plan on getting my workout in when I get home from work and am looking forward to a nice, healthy soup for lunch.

See you guys later... Have a great day!

Hey there, Monday Melters! :D

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty nice, except for the ice storms. Fortunately, we ran all of our errands on Saturday, so we were all prepared to stay in on Sunday. I did BM2 on Saturday, which totally kicked my butt - what a workout! I think that's the first time I've done the entire thing start to finish. My eating was alright over the weekend. Not perfect, but not terrible either. I made Buckeyes yesterday, but only ate 2 of them. They're supposed to be for the holiday potluck at work. :) This morning I did MIC - great cardio! I'm ready for a week of healthy eating and good workouts - let's get this party started! :D

Deb, great job on the elliptical workout!

Judy, have fun at spin class!

Shannon, good job on packing clean food for the day! I hope your water aerobics goes well. :)

B, oh no! I'm so sorry you're sick! I'm sending get-well-soon vibes your way. Healthy soup is just what the doctor ordered - enjoy it! :)

Morning All!

A sluggish start this AM, I think I may need a rest from working out, been at it all week (last Monday was my last rest day) my hip is sorta bugging me (PlyoX probably) so will walk it out and stretch,otherwise its 4DS Chest/Back I believe.

Anyway, have fun at your spin class Judy, I have a spin bike here at home and rarely use it because I love the class setting so much more, I really push myself!

Deb, I go at a moderate pace on the elliptical, nothing to hard. I save the hard cardio for Tony H. and Cathe! I have used the iTrain thingies, but don't like someone's voice in my ear telling me how hard to workout for some reason.x(

B, so sorry to hear you caught the bug, it'll go away if you rest, rest and then rest again!:)

Shannon, have fun in the water! Glad its you and not me, I like to "play" in the pool, but not exercise in it-you go!:)

I get my body shot pics back today, I will look at these before braving the scale. I don't know, that scale thing is just not telling enough for me. I seriously am considering getting my bodyfat tested professionally at University or something-not at the gym by one of those wanks that claim to be "professional fitness trainers!"x(

Hi to everyone I missed:)

Good morning...er...afternoon, Melter's!

I had a lovely weekend which, unfortunately, included some unhealthy, dirty food choices :eek: :p . I also missed my workout yesterday so I'll be making it up today.

I was thrilled Saturday night when I tried on a pair of dressy black jeans and THEY FIT!!! Well, they're a little snug, but I could get away with wearing them. I bought them early last spring to take to Italy and I haven't been able to zip them up since last May ;( . I'm trying to find some snappy red shoes to wear with them but I haven't had any luck.

One of you lovely Melter's, TK I think, suggested that I stay with the 4DS since I've had good results with it. I just might do that, for a couple of weeks anyway. Cathe was downright inspired when she came up with this one!

I need to skedaddle. I'm sorry for the lack of personals but I'll make up for it tomorrow. Have a good one everybody!

Hi everyone. I'm just taking a little between workouts. I did the cardio from 4DS Bootcamp before I went to get Isaac up at the bus stop. I liked it more than expected, since I'm not a fan of bootcamp workouts normally. Now I'm about to start the lower body section from Slim, Sexy & Strong Body Sculpt with Michelle Dozois. I decided that from now until the end of December I'd do a combo of upper and lower splits and circuits. Then starting in January I'll do a 4DS rotation. That will also work well because I'm giving myself a new barbell set for Christmas. :)

Here's what I'll do this week:
MONDAY.......SSS Body Sculpt: lower (Michelle Dozois) + 4DS Bootcamp .............cardio
TUESDAY......SSS Body Sculpt: upper (Michelle Dozois) + Hot Body Cool .............Mind cardio segment (Jennifer Kries)
WEDNESDAY....Kundalini Yoga (April Bernardi)
THURSDAY.....Step it Strong (a circuit workout with Keli Roberts)
FRIDAY.......Yoga class
SATURDAY.....Jog (weather permitting) or step aerobics
SUNDAY.......Rest

What do ya'll think?

For now I'd better get my butt in gear and finish working out, but I'll bbl for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Gosh Lainie -- aside from the 4DS, I don't have any of the workouts you listed so I really can't comment on your rotation except to say that, based on the descriptions, you seem to have all your bases covered.

I think you're going to love the 4DS rotation -- I know I did. Well, I didn't do Cathe's cardio because I'm a cardio weenie, but the strength segments are fantastic! :)

OK, I'm back to do some personals before I go make dinner!

Deb, do you use a lot of I-workouts? I just did Cardio Coach for the first time on Saturday--but used it to jog outside.

Judy, I'm tired just reading about the plans you had for today! Busy!

Shannon, how did the water aerobics go this time?

B, sorry you got sick! Hope you get well very soon!

Emily, what are Buckeyes?

Tneah, by all means, rest if you're worn out! Sometimes a rest is best. (No, didn't mean to rhyme there but I decided to leave it in).

Michele, I'm pretty excited about the 4DS rotation but figured I'd ease myself back into full workout mode again before I do the heavy lifting again. Plus I like to start a month-long rotation at the beginning of the month. :p It's silly since I know it doesn't matter when I start, but that's how I roll. Oh, and I guess I should have put in the more generic translation of my rotation, so I'll put that here:

Mon.....lower body + abs & short (30 min.) cardio
Tues....upper body + abs & short cardio
Wed.....relaxing & stretching yoga
Thurs...cardio & weights circuit workout + abs
Fri.....long yoga workout (1.5 hours)
Sat.....long (60 min. and hopefully HIIT) cardio
Sun.....rest or yoga

Sometimes I wish my kids had mute buttons.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hey girls... just checking in after a busy day and stress-filled evening. When I picked Sophie up from school today, she looked really down, so I asked her what was wrong. She told me that one of the other girls had blamed her for "wrecking" her jacket and that Sophie had to give her $250 by tomorrow. Well, as you can imagine, I was livid. She then told me that this girl, plus a couple of others, had trapped her in a corner outside during both outdoor breaks and not let her go, and if she tried to go, they would spit on her. I was almost in tears. So I spent the evening doing KB (good outlet for rage), speaking with the mother of the "ringleader" of the group (who informed me this is the second such incident her lovely daughter has been involved in this month) and writing a letter to the teacher to let him know what went on. Anyway, sorry for venting, but I was just floored by all of this.

I weighed in on Saturday and haven't gained or lost, so that's a good thing, I guess.

*sigh*

Well, I have only a few minutes tonight but wanted to check in quick. I am so tired lately I think I am coming down with a cold or something. So I have been skipping some workouts. I seem to go in circles with really being on track with working out but very hungry and then skipping workouts but then really being careful with what I eat. If I could only figure out how to balance the two. Oh well. It's an opportunity.

I will think melting thoughts for all of you tonight.

Cari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.