~~It's Tuesday! Let's cLEAN it up!~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Well, my eating has been attrocious the past few days. I don't know what my problem is but I'm going to go back to reporting what I eat here. Hopefully it will keep me accountable. If I report bad things, don't tell me it's ok... give me a swift kick in the rear!

So, this morning I've had:

One piece of ww toast with all natural pb and a banana. I'm having a small glass of OJ right now - don't usually drink juice but my throat is a bit sore so I'm downing the Vit C!

WO today is 30/30. I didn't get up and do it this morning. Couldn't open my eyes for some reason so my plan is to do it after my test - that's at 12. Wish me luck. I think I'm almost overly prepared so I'm not worried. I just hate first tests. Never know what to expect.

Anna's alarm went off once last night but she was barely wet - didn't even have to change her sheets. She was disappointed though because we've told her once she goes 10 nights in a row we'll take her to pick out a toy. So now she has to start over! Bummer.

Kate, hope you got a better nights' sleep and that J is feeling better. Great job with the clean eats and the WOs. Your weight has got to be down, no?

Dr. Becky (that's my fave name chocie), ^5 with all the pushups! I am so anxious to get better at pushups. I SUCK. And, oh, how I love OG! Good thoughts though with the run! Oh, and I'm enrolled in an online program through Utah State to get a second bachelor's degree in Communicative Disorders. I plan to apply to grad school when we move back to the States. Today I'm taking an anatomy test.

Clintoya, YUCK about the flu feeling. I hope a good night of sleep made you feel better!

Becky, I love 24! I've watched every season. There's just something about the tension... Ryan's started doing P90X yoga and as much as I hate it, I was thinking about joining him. I know it's so good for me!

Nina, how on earth do you find the energy to run 10 miles on 2 hours of sleep??? I just don't get it. If I did that, I would definitely get sick! Why did you get so little sleep?

Klaudia, bummer about the punishment. Sometimes I hate being a parent b/c of discipline. Ugh. And guac is my arch nemesis. I LOVE it and have no pc with it! The bump and Run thing looks AWESOME! I would so join you if I lived close!

Robin, good eats yesterday - is your weight down?? :D

Colleen, did you get another WO in last night? What did you end up having for dinner. Salmon sounds good. We haven't had it in a while. You guys are all making me anxious to try CCC!

Katie, hope CCC got you out of your funk yesterday!

OK, one last time through my notes then I'm off to take my test. BBL!

Good Morning Girls !

Angie, GOOD luck with your test, though it sounds like you'll ace it !;)
I was never a fan of yoga either and just recently started to really enjoy it. I love the "balanced" feeling and you get in a lot of good stretching- which I NEED doing STS !

Dh started the Belly Fat Cure (jorge cruise) yesterday and I am following it with him. I will make a few adjustments for me ......because I think doing STS I need more than you get on this , at least the first weeks. It is mainly restricting sugar and carbs and I think I NEED to seriously watch my sugar......but I already miss my fruit smoothie !!! I WILL add that back in soon, just because I firmly believe natural sugars in fruits aren't the same as dumping spoonfuls of sugar on your cereal !! (which I've never done but you know what I mean).
Dh doesn't exercise, and he has a lot of weight to lose, so for now, he is following the diet pretty much to a T .

I woke up very early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep and I think it's because I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

BeckySue (dr.becky) yes, I live between Cincy and Dayton. You had my all-time favorite Graeters flavor !!!!:D It's to die for, isn't it ???? ;)

I'm doing either AS or SM OR intervals on the bike and abs.........havent' decided yet.

I'll bbl ........

Becky

Mornin' Ladies!

Better night's sleep but I woke up with my throat being RAW!!! It hurts so bad!:mad:
Did my AM CS'ing - boy am I tight today. I'm going to go to the girls' school and do both of their gym classes w/ them today (Laura's coming over to babysit) so I'm ASSUMING that will be my cardio...we'll see how much running around I do. Will prob add GS triceps on tonight.

Angie, Sorry for the bad eats...my 30th bday derailed me too! And yes, I am losing weight and I'm so happy about it!
Good luck w/ your test today!!!

Becky, Good luck w/ DH!

DrBecky, HATS OFF TO YOU!!!! WTG on the pushups! If angie just sucks at pushups then I EXTREMELY SUCK at them!:p Nice run too!!

Hey Kate! I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hate sore throats... it always makes me nervous that it's going to turn into something really bad! WTG on weight loss! I'm happy for you... getting that body ready again for another baby! ;)

So, my test went really well. I got a 95 and I'm not complaining! :) Thanks for all the support.

Off to workout, shower, study more (another exam for my other class next week!) and pick up the girls!

Maybe... bbl.

Morning!

Up early to get ready for a Wellness Committee meeting. I don't think I could ever have a real job-this getting up early thing is for the birds!! Nothing else planned for today except for dance. Today is cardio and abs. I may try one of the SC step workouts or do an incline walk on the treadmill. The step workouts look difficult choreography wise-I seem to have developed two left feet! And I need to figure out how to put the running back into my rotation so that I can survive the trail run!

Angie, I did great all day yesterday and then when Darrin came home I had a handful of popcorn-not clean when D makes it and 2 pieces of the blondie I made:eek: Talk about atrocious!! And then I wonder why I look preggo! Good luck on you exam-you'll ace it!

Becky, I so need to cut out the sugar! I can't give up fruit though. We have the same workout in mind:)

Kate, have fun at school! Have a teaspoon of honey for your throat-it's a cure all!

DrBecky, way to go on the push ups and getting a run in too! I htink that;s what I'm going to have to do-run on my weight days and hiit/kickbox on my cardio days. Thanks for the motivation!

Clintonya, hope you feel better this morning!

Angie, Great job on your test! Must feel really good to have the first one out of the way!
No next baby...yet! Right now I'm content to stay with the 3. I want to enjoy a few summer activities (Disney, Warrior Dash) not pregnant and we'll see how we feel after that. Mike wants to stop but he could be persuaded!;) What is really annoying is that I wouldn't share this info w/ my SIL but she evidently comes on here to read (without telling me) about my life so I guess she knows this now too.:rolleyes::rolleyes:) I don't even have my period back yet so THAT makes it hard to plan one too. If anything I would accidentally get pregnant before we were planning it....which actually happened to by brother and his wife this last month!! I'm so excited for them! Their baby girl was born the week after Julia. :D

Better get goin'!

great job angie!! enjoy that wo. not sure how i function on little sleep. luckily it is not constant like when the boys were newborns.

beckysue, i absolutely love pu's. great wo yday. i was up with you at 4:45

becky, good job for your dh. what is the initial part of the diet like?

kate, feel better.

awesome 9miler this am after some good sleep. lots of yard work today and hopefully weights later. and the dentist:( eats will be clean and pc too! bbiab

Klaudia, I hate being forced to get around in the AM too!:p
Maybe just do the WU and Combo1 of step to learn the choreo and then do your TM to get that sweat going!

Nina, Nice run! Why sad abt the dentist? Not just a cleaning?

Sorry, forgot a few things...

"Lunch" was 3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of turkey.

Becky, I know I should incorporate yoga - I do NO stretching. Good luck with the diet. I don't see a problem with natural sugars either! Fruit is soo good.

Klaudia, I'm with you on the early morning thing. When we move back to the States, the girls will be starting school at 7:45 which is a HUGE diff from 9! Plus, when I start working, I'll have to workout and get myself and the girls out the door by close to 7?! I might turn into a late night worker-outer. :)

Kate, I totally hear you on wanting to enjoy summer activities. You have such great kids though. Mike will come around! :) Thanks for the congrats!

OK, really off to WO now.

Morning.

Crazy long day today. I work until 4 or 5.

Kate take a spoonful of raw honey..it works like an antiseptic for your throat. Feel better

Angie good luck on your test. Will it be essay or multi choice?

Becky sts and yoga goes nicely together. jorge cruise was on the dr oz show and this diet seems to be similar to the atkins. I knew of a coworker who went on the atkins diet and lost a lot of weight ..she never exercised. Maybe once he loses a certain amount of weight he may want to start to w/o.

I'll try to bbl.

Morning lovelies!

Kate, first of all - your SIL sucks for spying on you. Boooo! Second, LOL at you being so "tight" this morning. Ahahahaha I am so immature! I bet those kiddos will get a good sweat working for you!

Angie, ^5 on the test, 95 is awesome! Did you pay an arm and a leg for the proctor? Awesome job on the eats so far today and your renewed enthusiasm.

Klaudia, IMHO you DO have a "real" job!! And FWIW, I could never do YOUR job - although maybe 3 girls is the same amount of work as one boy....?

Becky, I should really give yoga another shot. I am not patient enough...

Robin, hope you make it thru the work day!

Disk 7 chest/shoulders/bis done. I did a 2 mile walk on the tm last night and some more core (did CCC yesterday am but didn't get enough of a burn).

Now that my fabulous husband has installed my new screen tv above my treadmill, I am hoping to walk most nights after dinner (about 2 miles) and watch the news or wheel or something instead of sitting on my butt!

Angie, Hope you're getting a good sweat this morning!

Robin, ugh...honey...yuck. :p
Work today?

Katie, Nice WOs!
and I have a terribly dirty mind too!:eek:

-
I want to go drown myself in a giant bowl of granola.:eek:

30/30 done. I love those HIIT workouts. Especially for days when I don't have a lot of time. I feel like I get an awesome, throwdown of a WO without having to go 80 min. I still get a little concerned about only burning 250 cals but I know that there are longer term cal burns from HIIT than steady state.

Robin, sorry for your long day. I always wonder about "fad" diets... it concerns me that unless you stay with it forever, you will gain weight back like so many did with Atkins.

Katie, I so wish I had a tmill at my house to watch tv on. I hate sitting on the couch! I would love to do that!! You do have an awesome husband! I did have to pay 60€ - I'm going to check out another option tomorrow and crossing my fingers that it works. I think patience is my problem with yoga too.

Kate, I agree with Katie and I'll be bold enough to tell SIL - GO AWAY! Granola? Really? On a sore throat? I'd be thinking more like rice, pasta-roni (my favorite boxed indulgence)... hope you feel better!

I'm off to make a protein shake! My fave recipe is from the eat clean cookbook. It's got oatmeal, fruit, pb, etc. LOVE IT.

kate, i love granola with warm milk on it - mmmm!! and tel sil to go jump in a lake! let her read and gossip about you, and just ignore it!! she'll lose interest. i just hate the dentist.

katie, my dh would flip if i walked on the tm in the evenings during "family time":rolleyes: enjoy it!

robin, good luck with your day.

angie, great wo and smoothie. ikwym about taking the wos down and still feeling like you are doing enough.

gotta get busy...

Good Morning Everyone!

Well we didn't make steak or salmon for dinner. DH got wrapped up in work so I made a treat (grilled cheese with apples on sourdough and salad). I got grilled cheese idea from ellie krieger's cookbook although she makes it as ww quesadilla. I used sourdough since DH picked it up at the bakery. It was really tasty.

Today's workout was Mindy Mylrea Workout. It fried my legs which is what I wanted. I think next time I am going to use some of her bonus intervals for more of a calorie burn. Some of them were a little easy. She also did abs with gliding discs which was really intense. I need to work up to some of those moves.

Angie, ^5 on the great score on the exam. Good luck finding a new proctor and keep the eats clean.
Kate, hope your throat feels better. Have fun a gym class today.
Katie, that's so nice that you have a tv now. Good plan to walk in the evenings.
Robin, I hate long work days. Hope it goes by fast.
Nina, never understood why people hate the dentist until I met DH. Hope your appt goes well.
Becky, I enjoy yoga too but I never make the time. I am really trying to force myself to do it on Sundays because I really need it.
Klaudia, I agree getting up early is for the birds. But I think your job is tougher than mine.
Becky Sue, not a huge fan of OG (I am sure some people will boot me off this forum for saying that), so it is easy to resist. Good job running to burn off the ice cream.

b: oatmeal w/ apples & almonds
l: grilled chicken salad, banana
s: blueberries & yogurt w/ walnuts, chopped veggies
d: DH said he wanted steak, sweet potato, veggies

Athletic step and STS SB abs is done !

I ate a protein pancake. and feel much better !

Kate, sorry about your sore throat. I was going to tell you HONEY too ! It helps !
Angie, 95% ROCKS! ESPECIALLY for a first test !! Way to go !
Robin, I agree this diet reminded me of the Atkins diet, which I would never do, for the same reasons you said . I know a LOT of friends who lost weight and when they went off the diet , they put it back on. We decided to use common sense. DH is on it now strictly because he has 50 plus pounds to lose and he needs to lose it . But after the intial week or so, just so he can feel motivated with a real weight loss......I'm changing it up some. I do NOT believe and can't be pursuaded to believe that bacon and cheese should be added to our sandwiches, or that cheese-its make a better snack then a piece of fruit !!!!!!!!! (in the book !) so we will taylor it to add in HEALTHY snacks and fruit and skip the butter, mayo and cream !!!!!

Hi to everyone else ! I am completely wasting my morning. I had a short night last night (awake before 4 am) and I just can't make myself get going with my day !!!
Off to shower !!!

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.