~~~Clean and Tidy Friday~~~

Hey Robin and all the clean peeps to follow!

Kate, i'm so glad she is feeling better, i'm sorry you're not though, we're here if you need us!

All the new posters, great to see you!!

Im off work today, taking my mom to an appointment and getting my hair cut. So far, workout, B&G leg blast premix/floor work, then did Bootcamp cardio, what was i thinking????? I did this at 5am, no knowing if i would get a chance later, i'm not used to doing cardio on an empty stomach...didnt feel too great, but i did it!!

B: oatmeal, hemp pro, raspberries and blueberries and almond milk.
Will post later!

Steph

Hi Steph. Mikkia I slipped yesterday also i had a slice of pizza :9 :9 :9 . Today is a new day.

Hi Jess Miss Ya P90X looks hard.

Kate how is DD and your postpartum will ease up soon.

Hi Newbie Stephanie your menu looks good and angel food cake I think is simi clean because is low fat. I never has raw jicama before.

Steph D. I've been buying veg soups Healthy Choice (sodium so so).

Robin (buffettigirl) Miss YA.

Trixie yes I need their help I'm trying to replace the money they spend on junk.I was looking at Tracey Staehle's website...looks interesting.

Mariah0803 (i forgot your name) I've preordered 4-day slip...can't wait

Elaine Ziploc Omlette???? recipes

b- kashi
s- yogurt
l- soup and salad
s-?
D-?

Have a clean day peeps.

Good morning everyone. Thanks again for all the kind words. I got some better sleep last night so feeling better today. I think everyday that I see her not like that will be better.

So far so good today.

b - granola, apple

not sure about the rest of the day. Need to get my fridge restocked after this crazy week. Hoping to get a workout in tonight. I sure need it. Looking forward to the long weekend before Gina starts KINDERGARTEN Tuesday. How does time fly so fast?

I'm curious about the Ziploc omelette too. Hopefully lots of veggies!

Have a WONDERFUL day!

Hi guys. Newbie here.
Kate--Glad you and your daughter are doing better. My son (I have two, ages 2 and 5) started kindergarten last week. It was very emotional -- for me. But he LOVES it. Time does fly!

Ok, my day hopefully will be:
B-Fiberone Bar, milk
S1-strawberries
L-salad and Luna bar
D-Unfortunately will be left up to my sister. We're visiting them this weekend. Hopefully it will be semi-healthy

Still wondering if granola bars and protein bars are OK... Thoughts?

Hey Stephanie!
This is going to get confusing with both of us!! It'll be fun :)

Depends on the ingredients in terms of granola and protein bars. Many have added sugars, or sweeteners etc. Depends on which you buy. There are many natural bars that are just fine. When i eat a bar, its usually a VEGA bar, or Elevate bar, but i'm not sure if there sold in the U.S or not. If you search general forum, its a hot topic for sure.
Steph

Hi Robin,Kate,Steph,Stephanie and all who follow,

Kate I'm glad your daughter is doing better. You'll bounce back. It is so difficult when you see your child go through something like that. Hang in there.

Stephanie: I think protein bars and granola bars are okay occasionally. Like Steph said some do have artifical ingreedients and some have a lot of sweetners. I like Lara bars. They are all natural and the sugar in them comes from fruit. Although, they typically do not have a lot of protein.

Robin: Ziploc Omelet recipe came from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book. Use a Ziploc freezer bag
3-4 egg whites
1/2 cup vegetables of choice

put egg whites in ziploc bag,shake to mix. vegetables (onions,peppers,salsa etc.) place bag in boiling water for exactly 13min. Open bag and Omelet will roll out easily.

My Omelet did not look as pretty as the picture in her book,but it still tasted good.

W/O B&G standing,LIC upper body sculpt

B:Muesli and skim,1egg white,1whole egg,salsa,spinach and a pinch of parmesean cheese
S: fruit and NPB
L:?
S:?
D: turkey burger on flatbread
S:?

Elaine

Good morning all,

Sorry I've been out of the loop since last week when I started. My mom was in town and then this week my family's been sick so things have been a little out of whack! I leave for my reunion in 3 weeks so it's time to get serious.

So can anyone give me ideas for some dinners that I can make for our family? My husband said he would eat well with me (he's 6'5 and can pretty much eat whatever he wants so it's so frustrating!) but I need to actually cook things that have flavor or he won't eat them. How can I do this while still eating clean? I have to hit the grocery store tomorrow so that puts me in a pretty good place to have a "clean" start! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, does anyone have any idea how much the new software is going to cost or how much each download will cost? I'm anxious to hear becuae I currently don't own any dvds - just working off of fit tv.

Did a slow and heavy yesterday (legs and shoulders) and boy am I sore today! Was up in the night with my 2 year old so didn't make it out of bed to work out this morning!

Okay, enough rambling...

Have a great day everyone!

angie

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick post to say hi! Today's my anniversary and already we did not start the day off eating well. Tomorrow will be our big treat - dinner at Smith & Wolensky. I did manage to w/o - Drill Max upper body premix.

Stephanie - I usually eat Cascadian farms granola bars. They have sugar but they are natural so it is better than eating the other overly processed granola bars. I have found that most have high fructose corn syrup, which is why I went natural.

Kate - glad your daughter is getting better. I know it will take you some time to recover from the scary incident.

Have a great day everyone!

Did good today. M&Ms are gone....thank goodness.

To chime in on the granola bar issue...
The FiberOne bars taste AMAZING! My sis and I love those things. I treat them like desert. If the fam is indulging at the ice cream store I *try* to bring one of these along. I can't decide if I like the chocolate or peanut butter more. Ooh! Maybe I should combine them! I think it is easy to overload on granola bars as meal replacements. I try to only do this if I know I'm going to be on the run and have NO other options for packing.

To chime in on the soup issue.......
Campbell's Select Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I can't stand the chicken in canned soups so I add some other source of protein. And there is white rice in it, but when there aren't many options in the cupboard this soup is great. Add in a big apple and yum!

Tonight I was at Walmart and Kashi GoLean Crunch was $2! I bought 6 boxes. I love finding things on sale.

Trixie - Happy Anniversary! How many happy years? Hope your dinner out tomorrow is fabulous and guilt-free uncleanness. Order something chocolate and come back here to describe it in detail!

No workout tonight. Just not up to it yet. Tomorrow AM I might go to a place in town to take a step class.

P.S. Welcome to the newcomers! Glad to have you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.