~~~Challengers - 6/22-6/28

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Hi everyone. Hope you had a nice weekend and enjoyed Father's Day with your loved ones. Eating this weekend was Ok, but I had movie popcorn 2 days in a row so my weight is up today. Hopefully just bloat, so I will drink a lot of water. This morning was 40 min walk/jog. I off to go do abs now. Hope everyone has a good week.

Roxie, sorry to hear that rain complicated the wedding. Hope it all worked out.

Jean

Good Morning,

Today is Lean Circuit 1 and yoga. I am on vacation this week so I should be able to get them all done. I have to add on two more days next week to make up the ones I missed.

Jean-she is now married that is all that mattered and everyone had a good time.

Hi everyone.

Great job Jean, you seem to be steady with the walks/jogs!

Another bootcamp class last night. I'm incorporating one of FF's muscle building rotations in, so I keep up with the weights.

we got our new puppy for miss 4. Its waaaay too cute, I can't stop cuddling him. his name is Chuck and hes a staffy/jack russell cross.

got to go.

Here are my workout stats tonite:

Lean Circuit 1 for the last time and not really feeling it.

Bicep Curl with Calf Raise-10lbs/24reps
Triceps Push-up-11reps
Split Lunge with Biceps Curl-10lbs/12reps
Triceps Extension in Runners Lunge-5lbs/12reps
Biceps Curl with Hamstring Curl-10lbs/24reps
Plank with Triceps Extension-10lbs/24reps
Reverse Lunge with Double Biceps Curl-10lbs/12reps
Supine Tricep Hover-12lbs/12reps
Sumo Squat Calf Raise with Biceps Curl-12lbs/10reps

44 min
19 in the zone
122 min hr
167 max hr
224 cals burned.

TBS
13 min
0 in the zone
103 min hr
134 max hr
47 cals burned

This morning was 1 mile jog followed by STS legs Disc 6.

Andrea, great job with the bootcamp and adding the rotation. What kind of things do you do in the bootcamp class.

Roxie keep up the good work. Enjoy your week off of work.

Hi to Elaine, Amelia and Andrea H.

Jean

Good Morning,

Any one know whats happened to Amelia she hasn't posted on here for awhile? Today is LM step combos only not really feeling like working out this week don't know what the issue is. Food yesterday was ok.

Jean-good job on the workout.

Andrea-sounds like you are doing great.

Hey Girls,

Sounds like the WOs are going well.

Yesterday I did HSTA and this morning I did KM bootcamp premix(had a blast!). I was sweating buckets for both of these.

I had chinese food on Father's Day, but I was right back at eating healthy yesterday.

Okay I have laundry and errands to do.

See Ya,

Went for a 2 mile walk

3.5 mls/hr
35 min
31 in the zone
159 min hr
186 max hr
286 cals burned.
4,456 steps

Temp was 90 degrees with 50% humidity.

Just finished LM step only and I wish I would have found this one earlier I liked it.

45 min
41 in the zone
145 min hr
169 max hr
315 cals burned.

STS Med Ball Abs
9 min
5 in the zone
133 min hr
174 max hr
58 cals burned

Between the walk and LM I have burned over 600 cals

Morning:)

Great workouts going on this week girls!!! so far here is mine:
saturday&sunday i took off....
mon-cardio coach volume 4/abbs
tues-4ds chest,shoulders,triceps then 4ds Kb
today is 4ds legs then, if my legs allow, another cardio..
tomorrow 4ds back&biceps,cardio
friday-rest or a carido
saturday-LIC
sunday-rest

My weight sunday morning was a jaw dropper(not a good draw dropper) so i got back on track monday and lost some water weight! I started back on 1700 calories a day...i will try that for a while and see if i can't get the scale moving! my body is SO CONFUSING to me...my workouts rock(most of the time) and my eating isn't that bad but still no change in the scale. And for someone that logs her food,and drinks her water...and has alteast 20lbs to lose(maybe even 30:eek:)..i would think the scale would move some? And muscle doesn't weigh that much,so the whole 'maybe you gaining muscle' theory cant be the problem!

ok,i'll stop whinning:p:D just needed to vent:rolleyes:

Roxie-Great workouts girl!!! im here,ive been lurking:eek: i find myself online to much and i dont get anything done:rolleyes:

Andrea-Im glad your having fun with the bootcamp class

Elaine-great job with your workouts...i plan on having chinese food saturday for my cheat meal..mmmmm,can't wait

Jean-another one with a great workout yesterday! High fives!!!

Hey to anybody I missed!

later gators:cool:

Last edited:
Amelia, I just read some of the post from the link you provided. I don't know if it is worth paying a monthly fee for a gadget. I personely wouldn't do it because I am to cheap!:eek: I would probably ignore it after a while.(JMO)

Hi to everyone,

I did ME upper body,abs and L&G floor today. I purchased a foam roller for my lovely hip. Since last summer it has bothered me off and on. I believe I strained my Piriformis muscle. The foam roller is hard to do because it hurts so much, but when I am done my hip feels so much better. It's like getting a message.

Okay I've got to get moving.

As Tigger would say,"TTFN",

Good Afternoon,

Tonite is Lean Circuit 2 I hope mom is here and ya know how she likes me working out. After all the calories I burned this week and still having a 600 calorie deficeit the scale say I am up 4lbs in 2 days WTH makes me just want to throw in the towel.

Amelia-I here ya girl on the wt stuff it doesn't make sense some times I guess we do it just to feel better about ourselves.

Elaine-I am having some pain in my hip area to. I once had a tilted pelvis and I think its back.

Hello.

Roxie, Amelia - Don't throw in the towell! Hang in there girls! If for nothing else, you are keeping yourselves fit and healthy. I can't answer the questions as to why we aren't losing weight. AND YES, its terribly frustrating and disappointing BUT we are healthy. Bonus.

I have a seriously evil toothache. I can't take the day off work because I've got heaps to do! but the weekends coming up and I'll need to do something!
Hi Jean and Elaine, Elaine, I was supposed to get into the laundry yesturday, but got carried away playing with Chuck and Miss 4.
see ya guys.

Hi all.

This morning was 20 minutes with dogs, 40 minutes without. All jogging except for the dog potty breaks. I was sweating buckets.

Amelia, I thought about the GoFit, but I have problems with skin irritation, so wearing something 24 ours a day would wreck havoc on my skin. Once I wore my HRM for 24 hours and I had skin irritation for 2 weeks from it. Plus I decided I really didn't need another gadget to keep up with. Besides that I don't need a gadget telling me I'm not doing it right. I already know that, LOL. What I need is a gadget that convinces me, no matter what my head says, my mouth doesn't need it, (like with sweets). I've seen many discussion on the Open Dis. Board and everyone who has one seems to love them.

Roxie, drink tons of water. This weekend I was up 3.5 lbs and have already liquidated 2.5 of those. Sometimes our bodies just hold onto that extra fluid for no apparent reason.

Elaine, hope that hips start to feel better.

Andrea hope that tooth feels better too.

Andrea H. where are you?

Jean

Back again.

I've just finished Bootcamp and Im totally fried! And to be honest, Amelia, Roxie, I too am feeling very very frustrated that the weight doesn't seem to be shifting. Lots of effort for little reward. BUT that said, I will NOT give up and neither will you!

Funnily, my tooth didn't trouble me during the workout, but its aching now. I can't get in to my dentist until July 7th! how ridiculous is that! I don't think the tooth and I are going to last that long.

Jean - Bootcamp lots of 30sec reps of pushups, crunches. Heaps of frog jumps, planks, pushups, squats pushing over tyres, drills, running, short sprints, longer sprints with recovery runs, tuck jumps, agility drills/ courses, planks, pushups, core work, laying on the ground getting up. They use tennis balls, tyres, bricks, bits of wood held above your head while you run all sorts of different things, did i mention planks and pushups?

Last edited:
Andrea your class sounds like one at my DS' Martial Arts gym. Are the pushups on your toes? If you are doing all of them on your toes then I bow down to you!!!:eek::eek::eek::D

Morning

Andrea-no way im giving up...i feel too good:)! Ive got one more lb of water weight left then i will be thrilled to see the scale move! Are you counting calories? If so,how many are you allowing yourself? Great job on your bootcamp class...wish i could come down there and do it with ya:D it sounds fun...

Elaine-i have a dull pain sometimes on the side of my hip, i wonder if a foam roller would help? I hear ya on the monthly prescription to the gofit device...im cheap too:eek: Great workout yesterday!

Jean-I didn't think about the gofit irritating my skin...my skin is sensitive too:rolleyes:. I totally agree with you on the water...i try and drink a gallon a day. I think its one of the keys to weightloss. Great job on your run with your dogs yesterday!

Roxie- don't throw in the towel....your doing awesome!! Have you measured lately? I need to measure ...i bet your seeing results in the mirror....come girl,we can do this:cool: Your workouts rock!!!

glad to see everyone checking in:) Today is 4ds back and biceps then cardio coach volume 2 on the treadmill

bbl

Amelia: I think you have something there about the water. I struggle to drink 60oz. The foam roller is like getting a message. It hurts at first but you can feel it get the knots out. I only do it for a few minutes at a time.
I got mine at Target.

Jean: great job jogging outside!

Roxie: Don't give up we can do this!!!

Andrea: are they on your toes?

This morning I did a very crazy WO. Well the WO wasn't crazy but how I did it was. I did CC#1. I ran in my basement. I used my high step for the hills then I jogged back and forth for steady state and did sprints like suicides (like in 4DS BC). My heart rate stayed where it should be for each zone. When I did CC using my rebounder I struggeld to keep my heart rate in the zone. I really don't have a good place to run outside. Too many hills.

Okay I need a shower before my DS gets off the bus. He has half a day of school today. Tomorrow is the last day of school.

TTFN

Good Morning,

I figured out why my mood is crappy this week and why I put on wt. TTOM started early this morning and I hurt and feel awful. I decided to just take the rest of the week off and then make it up next week. I would never give up I have worked to hard to do that and I don't like the way I feel when I am not working out. Thanks Everyone for your encouragement.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.