~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Sept.19<~~~

Wow Good morning yall!
September 19 already! I can not believe how fast the time is flying! I think it still seems like Aug. around here because it is still so darn hot. We were at 100 again yesterday. Normally we should be at least in the upper 80's. I am telling you that this weather is relentless!:rolleyes: I have all this time off and now that I am done on the inside (sort of) I am ready for some outdoor projects but not in this heat.

Oh yea I was going to tell you about the truck...I will try to make it short. DH went to get it inspected the other day..of course we thought there would be no reason for it not to pass...The guy told DH that the emergency brake was totally gone and would not hold at all. Totally disappointed dh came home to google (love google) to get an idea of what it would take to fix it or how much we were going to be out having it fixed...The range on cost was huge, between 200 and 1200. So we talked to a friend of ours and his brother is a mechanic in a neighboring town at a dealership there and they told us it would probably be the latter. Dealerships like to sell you things you don't really need:rolleyes: We called our guy at the dealership and he said "oh no it won't be that much, bring it in" SO we did and he took it to the back for about 2 minutes and came back saying our rear brakes were totally gone and it would be a whole new brake job and yea it would be about 1200$. DH asked him how they determined that so quickly and they said they looked through the wheels and saw...Well we drive a dually and it is impossible to see the breaks so that was a red flag. Anyhow, we took it to our friends brother who took it apart in about an hr (dealer ship said 3 days) and it was not the brake at all but some seals had leaked on the pads making them slick which prevented it from stopping when applying the emergency brake. Now if the dealership had it they would have charged us for brakes and seals and then there is no telling what that would have ended up being! Long story , sorry but it is just another example of how easy people can get ripped off. We did not even need brakes. It is kind of like a dr. When it gets that expensive, get a second opinion!

Cendrine-I had to laugh about your excitement for the droid. You would laugh at my phone...My friends call it the Nokiasaurus! LOL It is a dinosaur in the phone world! I think I use it more as an alarm clock than anything else!

Jo-22 yrs is amazing and I love that it seems from the story of how yall got together that yall were destined to be together! I hope you have a great make up dinner tonight!

Kim-I know you are off having a great time. I can't wait to hear about everything you got!

Well here I am! Rachel, interesting truck story! Unbelievable isn't it? Good that your friend was able to help. Scheesch! Gosh...I'm already wearing Polartech...I'd love to have a 100 degree day! LOL! Oh well, it's like curly and straight hair, you always wish you had something different! LOL!

So I went to Seattle today and met a GF (glad I got most of my house chores done yesterday since I've been gone 6 hours!). I just got home and so need to get busy on homework. It was nice to get out though. DH decided to make his world famous clam chowder so we won't be going to dinner tonight. We decided we'll make reservations for next weekend at our favorite restaurant in Seattle. Then I can settle in and have a lemon drop martini! :D

Not much else going on. I'm with you Rachel, I cannot believe it's September 19! Holy Moly, Xmas will be here before you know it!

TTYL!

Good Monday!

MMA Boxing today so I got to kick some butt today:D.
Not too much going on yet but I am hoping to get something cooking.
I really need to get the house scrubbed down but it is hard when there are 2 100 lb dogs in my living room. I think we have spoiled them. They were in all last week and now when I get up in the morning they are at the window staring in at me and I have a hard time ignoring them:rolleyes: So they are in on there special carpet snoozing. I probably could vacuum around them and they would not move.

Better get to it.

Jo-It sounds like you got some much needed gf time. The lemon drop martini sounds like something I would love!

TTYL

Good Monday morning!!!

Oh Rachel, I wish I still had my 120 lb dog! oh well, we'll have another one someday! What are you puppies names anyway? Mine was Max (he was a german shepherd).

It's definitely fall! The trees are starting to turn! Not much going on for me today either...not yet anyway! We do have a guy coming today to replace the sides in our gas fireplace and to service it. Other than that..it's Monday at work! Speaking of which, I better get busy!

Hello Kim and Cendrine! Talk later!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, we were all vegging all day long!:eek:

Jo, I was thinking exactly what you were thinking about the phone kindle app being handy for a dr's office or such stuff! I found anne of green gables for a free download, so I might give it a try, since I love the story, but never read it.

Congrats on 22 years! I agree with you it only gets better, how blessed we are with our hubbies, huh?

Rachel, I know dogs are so sweet and loyal, and I know I'd have as much trouble ignoring them staring inside with their warm eyes as you, but I'm glad I don't have any....LOL! But ds is still pestering me about the guide dog puppy, so one of these years we will get the experience...

I did Rhythmic step with low impact modifications. I hope I was careful enough, so I won't feel it later!

Kim, how was your trip?

Afternoon yall.

Dh and I went to town with a gf and her mom. We are kind of like family. I spent summers at her house and dh has been a part of that for about as long since we have been together forever!lol Yes Jo and Cendrine...it does get better!

Jo-The big boy's "official veterinary name" is Bishop but through the yrs has became Butters...I have no idea why.:D and big girl is Hearty because she had a heart on her face but now it is more like Hardy because she is a little tank! She also eats everything she can so she's kind of overweight:eek: They are both about 10 and I have no clue what I will do without them.
Our trees are turning a bit but I think it is more from drought and heat than fall. Normally we change in mid Oct.
You are right. We always want what we don't have but I sure would love some rain and cooler weather.

Cendrine-Still OK from the mods you did on rhythmic step?
Its nice to have a veggie day esp. when the whole family is on the same page. We are trying to get motivated around here but I think today is a bust...maybe tomorrow.LOL

Kim-Are ya back yet? LOL

Okay, I'm home although tired and broke. Yes, Jo I did a lot of supporting the US economy this weekend and then I had to pay my duty to the Canadian government at the border.:rolleyes: But my sister spent more:eek: Here's a funny tidbit, our bus had 57 women and one brave husband and in total there were 170 pairs of shoes purchased:eek: The bus driver (who does about 7 of these trips a year with different groups of women) said the record was 178 pairs so we didn't break it, LOL.

Anyways I bought myself 3 pairs of shoes (gotta help the count), 3 sweaters and 3 shirts. Did most of the Christmas shopping:p:p I didn't buy anything I hadn't planned on buying but it's still hard to spend so much at once.

Lots of shopping, some nice dinners out and some downtime relaxing with a few drinks and coworkers. My sister also came and we roomed together.

Cendrine That sounds like a neat phone you got!! My sister was on her Blackberry constantly all weekend, I think she is a bit addicted but it sure is useful for stuff. I have to admit that I don't have a cell phone. My DH and my ds both have and so we have one when we're out together. The rest of the time I at home, work or doing errands so far I haven't had the need to get one.

Jo Congrats on 22 years!! Sounds like the 2 of you have a great relationship. Did you move to Seattle for your job?? My sister has a dog named Max! I sure miss having a dog as well.

Rachael I can't believe how hot it is for you! We're getting frost at night. The garden is done I have to get out and pull the root veggies to store in the basement for the winter.

The exciting news is that the put in the windows and doors on the house today!
icon14.gif
I will try and get some pictures this week. They're now telling us to expect possession of the house in mid-January:rolleyes:

Welcome back, Kim! Sure sounds like you had a great time and a productive one at that! I'm glad you got everything you wanted!
I never had a cellphone until I got married to dh. He likes to be super safe so he got me started on one quickly, probably the kind you have, Rachel...LOL
Of course, being the techie guy he is, he always got me new ones when new ones were in the deal, funny thing is that I don't really use the cell that much, just for 'emergencies' really, and even those are just quick calls from the store that are not really emergencies...LOL! I was shocked at all this phone can do. Dh made me test out the voice search feature and I just said the name of my orthodontists office, no city, and it found it for me, map, phone, email, even and all! It also finds the closest starbucks for you and stuff like that, not that I need to know, but it is quite a toy! Ds loves the car game on it and dd loves that she can play her favorite online preschool game on it!LOL!
We didn't do any root vegetables this year, but I just cooked our last squash today and now all we have left is some tomatoes and one pepper plant that is still making more peppers.
Yay on the windows and doors, not so yay on the move in estimate! Does this mean you will wait to put the house on the market?

my back's feeling decent tonight, so I'm relieved. Now I'm trying to decide if I should do LIC or pyramid somethig or other tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Yea Kim...So glad your back and it sounds like you had so much fun and progress got made on your house while you were gone! It's always nice to go and come back and see a major change!

I am not sure what day you are on but I did GS legs todays and I do think I am actually building a little leg endurance which is exactly what she made this rotation for. So I am excited about that.

I started hand scrubbing one of our decks today. As soon as it is clean I am going to refinish it. I think I did it too soon last time and it did not have time to wick out the chemical they put on it for pretreated wood so I do not think it absorbed properly.
Now,though, DH and I are having to go do an errand in a town about an hr from here so I will have to get back to the scrubbing when I get back.

Cendrine-Wow, I had no idea those phones could do all that. The voice feature sounds really handy esp.if you live in a big town. The town we do all of our shopping in is still relatively small (about 77,000 people) so since I have been here all of my life, I pretty much know where all the things I need are. Still though, that the phone shows the numbers and everything is too cool.

Kim-I forgot to say how jealous I am of your early frost! I am wishing for cooler weather and I think we are going to get it. By the end of the weekend we are going to get some 80's, upper eighties:rolleyes: but still so much better than this.

OK DH is ready...Better go

I decided to do pyramid upper body this morning. Boy that was tough! I thought I was getting a break from s&h but it sure made me work. The thing with pyramid is that the weight I start out with seems too light and then the third step up seems too heavy.... For shoulders I ended up using wrist weights to increment up because otherwise I could just feel my neck and shoulders calling for the chiro....LOL! But I am well worked out now and I am planning on doing low max in its entirety tomorrow....:eek:

Rachel, I thought of you today. A friend of mine sent me a news clip from a local news station in texas about a young mom of three kids I think, who got stabbed in the back on the playground by some lunatic and had her spinal cord severed by 90% She found this physical therapy thing here close to san diego and moved here to get working on recovery. She was looking great. Did you hear of this attack? My friend sent me the clip because her grandson hurt his spinal chord diving into an ocean wave and hitting a sand bank! He's 16 and has still no movement in his legs or hands. He is going there to that physical therapy place as well, and he was in the clip. When you hear about accidents like this, boy it makes me a little jittery to do anything... and makes me grateful for all the things I can do that these guys have to work so hard for to maybe regain!

Hi Kim and Jo!

Did Pure Strength Legs and abs after work (still on the second week of the Sept rotation:rolleyes:) and then watched TBL.

Rachael Yay on the leg endurance! I noticed that GSL is coming up on the rotation, I always dread that workout:(

Cendrine Good luck on Low Max tomorrow! Did your DH get the results of the MRI yet??

Jo Did you get a chance to watch TBL? It really wasn't that exciting tonight as mostly just introducing the contestants.

Kim, dh just had his follow up today. The Doctor said that the plantar fascia, (please someone tell me how to spell this!) the main one of the three (didn't know there were three) is completely torn through, which apparently means, no surgery, since they can't sew a completely torn one together. So now dh has to just keep icing and imobile, and keep meeting with the dr every two weeks or so to track progress. The good news is that the Taekwondo place is putting his membership on hold, including ds' until he is healed, so they can pick up where they left off when the time comes. I know dh is bummed, but he's keeping a good attitude and trying to keep his upper body in shape with pushups and doing cathe partner abs with ds....;)

Good Morning...
Well it is going to be a busy day for me. I am going to try to get the decks sealed if they dry out from the puny little rain we got:rolleyes:..All this time I have wanted it to rain and all I had to do was sand the decks and here it is. ugghh sometimes!
I think we are going back to work tomorrow. I know that kind of seems weird to not know for sure but lots of factors play into going back and normally the main one is that the superintendent is not quite ready when he calls for us so I never put all my eggs in the work basket. If we do though it should be a good job for us. It is going to be super challenging to get up at 4 though.This morning I scraped out of bed at 6. Dh has been keeping me up nights with movies so I have to re-discipline myself.:eek:

This morning it was MMA KB. It is all MMA this week for the upper body and I am having fun with that. It is giving my elbow a break too from the heavy lifting.

Cendrine-I hadn't heard that story before but it does make you leary. I never used to think about random bad things happening to me, but last night DH and I had to go get his truck. It is a pretty good drive and we have to go through a couple of towns. About 45 min. Anyhow on the way home I had the window down because it had rained and really cooled off. When we got to the last redlight, it is kind of in a bad part of town and I caught myself thinking that that would be a good place for a carjacking (not that those happen there but things are getting worse in that town). Any way, I thought...I would be the perfect target with my window down. It was weird for me to think that way so that random stabbing just reminded me. The world is definitely getting crazier.
Way to go on PUB. That one is a tough one for me too. Esp. if I am really challenging myself.

Kim-Did the new season of TBL start last night? We were not home. I was going to peak in on it. It seemed like a new format by the description.
I don't really dread GSL but I think that is because it is relatively new for me and I don't remember about those one leg lifts and roll ins and outs. I really think the floor work on that one is what does me in!

Jo-I know you are super busy. I hope the weather is a little warmer. I saw that it was 66 in Spokane. I hope yall are close to that.

OK better straighten the house while I wait for the deck to dry.

Hey! I'm here! Just got so busy yesterday I couldn't get back to post! I finally made it to the gym to spin and then when I got home, I guy DH works with sometimes in another city was spending the night as he had a flight out this morning (he lives like 4 hours from the airport). So I hadn't met him before and needed to be charming! :eek::confused::p

Kim, Love the shoe story! So glad you had a good time and can't wait to see house pictures! I did subject our guest last night to TBL. He actually kind of got into it (more so than DH). I offered to watch it upstairs but he was like no no...not meaning to disrupt anything. (Nice huh?) :D So they had to suffer through it. Though I always like to watch, I should have gone and worked on my homework as I felt I wouldn't have missed much.

Cendrine, I'm so sorry about DH! That stinks! (I don't know how to spell it either!) That's great though that the dojo is being fair. That's good business! GREAT JOB on PUB! Did you do the whole thing or the ups or downs? You're turning into an animal Cendrine! LOL! What a horrible story about the stabbing! That just sends chills down my spine!

Rachel, Spokane is about 300 mile east of here; it's actually a more desert and drier climate than here. They are very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. We're always in the middle of them! LOL! We are having a nice Autumn day today though; it's about 63 and sunny. I love the names Bishop and Butters! I bet they are as sweet as can be. I am still amazed at all the projects you have tackled the last few weeks! You are a huge inspiration to me!

You guys all cracked me up about the cell phones. I have 2! I got my first one in 1993. I have a personal cell and blackberry for work. I have three laptops and a workstation. I am a very techie girl but also, it's partly because I'm in software. I also got my first home PC in 1989 (WOW!). I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. DH never really got into using one at home until about 1998 so I had it all to myself. (Actually I had about 4 between 89 and 98).

Okay, I think I'm mostly caught up. Going to go home and do ME tonight.

OK now I am tired...I always feel the need to have a clean house before I go back to work after being home for so long. Mind you the house was not a complete wreck but there was some dog hair issues:p:rolleyes:...I love those darn pups but they just can't keep there hair on them. No matter how much we brush them they just shed and shed. They are a lot like me actually:D Dh thinks I am going bald LOL

Well I got the decks done and the house straightened and now I think I am just going to totally do nothing for the rest of the night except make dinner. I found this delicious recipe for chicken and onions in an old southern cook book that I have. I hope it turns out.

Jo-What a lovely weather day you are having. I was sweating bullets while outside working.lol
And you are a huge inspiration to me...I am totally tech non savy. I wish I could some over and you give me lessons in that like you do for your gf's with exercise! haha Although there are a total of 4 desk tops and one laptop floating around here I do good to stick with this one. With the little I do with it. Let me explain those so we don't sound like hoarders. DH just got a new one for editing from his hi def camera because none of the ones that we had were fast enough:rolleyes: He has 2 older ones in his music studio for editing his music. We have this one for the internet because he is freaky about viruses and thinks that one will get onto his other computers and ruin everything...Then the lap top was purchased a long time ago so we could do business while we were out of town. Wow when I write it all out it seems like excessive still! LOL But of course it makes perfect sense to DH.LOL
Good luck on ME. Love that one

Kim and Cendrine-Hope yall are having a great day.

Just home for a hour as I have to drive back across the city to go to "Meet the Teacher" night at school.

Did 4DS LIS this morning .

Got to run but wanted to tell you that I posted some new house pictures in my profile. Hope to get back for personals later.

I'm checking in late because we headed out on an apple picking fieldtrip with another homeschooling family in our neighborhood. I got Low Max done before leaving! YAY! By biceps and chest are the most sore from yesterday's PUB... I wonder what the PLB will be like...
Apple picking in the middle of the week was nice, only preschool families and retirees on the horizon, parking no problem, everything was so calm and nice and refreshing! We got some Granny smith and some red deliscious apples and they had a raspberry patch, so we got some of those too and filled up our bellies besides...LOL! All organic, too, which is great. I'm kind of wiped out though now, but still have to go take ds to his cub scout meeting. But I think we'll just eat what we picked for dinner tonight, don't feel like cooking.... I think I got dehydrated... I'm on my second 20oz cup of water!

Kim, the house looks so much farther along! How exciting! Have fun meeting the teachers tonight. Do your kids like their teachers? I forgot to ask when school started!

Rachel, of course it has to rain when you want your deck to dry, that is how it goes, didn't you know...;):rolleyes::eek: Way to go for getting it done!
As far as computer goes, we are using our fair share here too! LOL Luckily most of them are hand me downs from dh upgrading his and from his dad. We have two that the kids use for school, then dh and I both have our own, dh also has a work laptop and on his desk are three screens so he can have multiple windows open at the same time...:eek: But hey, we are using them every day, so I don't feel bad.
Jo, I didn't have my own computer until 98 either, you got years on me! You must love all the improvements made since you first one!
You had to be charming? I thought you were always charming....;) just kidding. nice that everyone else watched TBL with you! I'm sure you'll make up for last night with your homework in time!

So I am going to feel my legs tomorrow morning and see if I feel up to PLB after Low Max or if I am going to do another cardio day first...LOL

Good Thursday!

Well just as I sort of suspected, I don't think the job is quite ready yet. We are waiting for a call to hear more on the conditions so we will see. I am thinking it might be more like Monday or sometime next week, who knows. I am sure we will go back to work right when the weather gets super nice out:rolleyes:

This morning I did Athletic Step and I had to really talk myself through this one. I had little tiny second winds through out but it was just enough to make it to the end.:eek: I am not sure what it was , maybe just one of those days I should have slept in.LOL

Cendrine-Apples for dinner sounds great. I have those nights too.
YOu are just piping right along there with your workouts. I know that must feel great. Except for today, I have felt pretty good too. It feels like a great accomplishment when I get one like today in though. I can not tell you how many times I wanted to stop:eek:
Now I definitely feel better about the computers. When I started thinking about that I started to think we had way too many. haha Now I see we are behind.lol

Kim-The house is really shaping up. It is super that you are taking us on this journey with you. I kind of feel like I am getting a new house in a way. Seeing as how we have seen it from the ground up.

Jo-When is your next test? I am glad you were able to get a spin in.
I should have looked at that map closer the other day. Then I would have realized that Spokane was on the other side of Washington!:eek:

We just got the call about the job. It is starting tomorrow! I feel good about that. It will nice to have a job for a while.:D Living the life of luxury lounging around the house is killing me. lol

HELLO! How did I get so busy? Is it the season change?

I'm having a challenging day here so this will be brief (cause I got to get out of here to go to spinning! Yippeee!)

Rachel, it's funny, cause last week I was struggling through my workouts (like you sound today) but this week I'm energized! I think my lull last week was the weather changing. Everyone seemed to be tired (and that's when I got the migraine). Anyway, now you'll have to get back into a work routine!

Cendrine, apple picking sounds like so much fun! That reminds me we need to go pick ours this weekend! The kids sure have got to do some fun activities. I love Granny's! I always have one before spinning to energize me. Oh and I bought these new apples last weekend called Sweet Tangos. Have you seen them? They were FANTASTIC!

Kim, how's the commuting schedule working out taking the kids to school? Oh and Kim, your house looks like it's really coming together! WONDERFUL!

Gotta run! TTYL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.