~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni - October 3<~~~

I'm up and going to the gym! I'll catch up with you all later but wanted to let you guys know I dragged myself out of bed! I decided last night I'm going to go spin, then do some weights! (I may still come home and do PUB instead of weights at the gym...we'll see.)

Catch you all later!

Have fun at spinning Jo! Just finished Boot Camp. I used to do this one alot with my VCR. I just recently got in on dvd so I can put the time on screen and most of the intervals are 70-75 seconds not the minute that she says!;);)

Good Sunday!

Oh how I hate to see these four days be over! The weather has been so nice. You just want to be outside all the time. We do need rain very badly though. (12 in below normal now) With that said though, it is hard not to enjoy all the sunshine and nice temperatures!

We have been cleaning limbs and leaves today so DH was giving me lessons on driving the tractor! Maybe one day he will trust me enough to drive it without him following me so much .LOL I really didn't mind though because I would some times forget which way to push a lever or maybe forget to put it in neutral before I tried to set the break!:eek: I have to say I was rather enjoying putting around the back yard though.

Kim-Wow on the great deal and double WOW on the hotel. I think it looks like a wonderful place. I have tried to do the coupon thing but got discouraged several times when I tried to use coupons and they were never for the version of the things I was getting. So I quit. I do wish I could find a good credit card that offered airmiles though. DH and I don't really charge anything but I thought I could use it for our gas during the month and it would really add up.

Jo-I hope you had a great day at the gym.
I am sure you did not get the results for your test yet...but I am curious to see what you got too. I bet you will be on cloud 9 when psychology is over.

Cendrine-How did Ds do with the popcorn sellling?
I am still not sure where we are going to be at for Thanksgiving. I really need to start working on that though. I know for sure I am going to use one of your sweet potato recipes probably. I saved those from last year. ;)

Hope yall have a great day!

Kim, I had to laugh about your comment about bootcamp and that the drills are actually 70-75 sec in lenght....LOL You can do anything for a minute! LOL so that's why the minutes seemed long to me on some of those....:rolleyes:

Jo, how was spinning and did you get to try out any of the new machines yet or are they still hogged....:p

Rachel, sounds like you had fun on that tractor!

We had homemade pizza and game night tonight, so we had a fun time playing all sorts of games including some on the sports wii that got us hot....

I am planning on tm and weights from cardio and weights to see how I do, trying to take it easy on the impact, thus the walking instead of step.

Good Monday

Another early day:rolleyes: I guess we are going to have to quit being so awesome! LOL Just kidding. The job is just really and truly not ready but the super is wanting us to put carpet in because he is afraid he is going to miss his deadline, I think he is going to miss it anyway though. There is just nothing going in the right order. There is not even ceiling grid up in a lot of the areas.

In light of keeping it light this week, I did a yoga dvd that my friend let me borrow. It has TBL's Jillian as the instructor. It ran about 30 minutes and I did sweat so I thought "good enough" LOL Then I did the no equip. stretch from stretch max.
Then I got to work and had a real workout though. We had to get 2 pallets, that's 64 cartons of carpet up the stairs:eek: I was more than glad I did not really workout this morning because that took us about an hr and it was just DH and I. I felt pretty worked out when it was done, That's for sure!!!

Cendrine-We are doing homemade pizza sometime this week. Do you do your own crust or but one? How do you top it? Do you soften the veges before you put them on it? Sorry 20 questions, huh? haha

Jo and Kim-I hope you are having a spectacular day!

Oh and Jo, I forgot to tell you the mew project...A screened in back porch. This way the cat can go outside when she wants without becoming kibble for the dogs. It is still in the planning stages but I am pretty excited about this one too since I lost alot of porch with the mr.

OK off to relax. I can feel myself getting sore from todays toting!

I did a 30 min interval walk on the treadmill like I planned and then did the weights of c&w, it felt great, but I think I overdid the shoulders and now I have a stiff neck....:eek:

Rachel, I forgot to answer your question about ds' popcorn sale, they did great, they got the highest sales for the event, so he feels great about it even though it's not really thanks to him and his wolf cub buddy but to his buddies older brother who is an older scout who did lots of the work. He was amazing! I'm glad it's over!

Rachel, for the dough I like to make my own crust, whole wheat of course, with added gluten to keep it soft. I roll out the dough super thin to make thin crust pizzas. Usually I make a big batch, cut them into size and wrap them in saran wrap and freeze for later use so I don't have to make crust from scratch every time. I put on thinly cut red onions, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and usually some nitrite free peperoni for the kids. We like it hawaiian too, though, with ham and pineapple. Once I got the pizza loaded I bake it for about 20-30 min at 450° no precooking the veggies necessary at those temps... Really yummy!

Well, gotta go take dd to her new friend's house for a playdate!

Hey, I'm here! Got super busy yesterday with company and couldn't get back to post. I've got some stuff going on at work so only have a few minutes. I had a SUPER SPIN yesterday! A gal I met in class just got certified to teach RPM Spinning and she now has the Sunday classes. She is incredible and I'd say the Cathe instructor of spinning! Oh, and after spinning I did go do 20 minutes on that machine and it was VERY interesting. I need to do it for a full 45-60 minutes but it's maybe one I could do. I'll explain more when I have more time.

I'll try and get back later!

You guys...I'll be off and on this week. I have my big project due for Data and chaos at work. I'm under the gun!!!

Good Tuesday

No workout for me today unless I get home early from work and feel like getting one in. I had allergies really bad the last 2 nights and it is making me pretty tired so I am having a hard time getting up. I guess I need to do a little research and finally give in to something that I can take to help relieve some of the misery when it just will not slack up. Maybe some research into foods that help lessen allergies...there's a thought!:rolleyes:

Cendrine-I would love to get that recipe from you for the pizza dough. I have tried several from the internet and still have not found a WW one that is not too chewy. Maybe the gluten is the key.
Congrats to Ds...Although it probably is not supposed to be about competition , it is still nice to come in first sometimes.:D

Jo-Just pop in when you can so we know you are still alive..haha No pressure though!;)

Waving from down here Kim;)

Have a great day!

Rachel, I'll get you that recipe when I have a chance, it's from one of the clean eating magazines, the one that was featuring pizzas. If you still have that magazine, you might be able to find the crust recipe there.

Jo, like Rachel said, just pop in when you can, things get busy, we all have weeks like that! And you have school on top of that!

How are you doing, Kim?

It's ds' birthday today. He wanted to have the day off, so we worked ahead and are taking it easy today! He opened all the presents from family before breakfast and is busy playing with them now. More stuff to come on Saturday at the party. He's in heaven.... He got a pottery wheel, which he has been bugging us about, a pogo stick, a diabolo kit with instructional dvd he's glued on, a pulley building kit, and some fun force trainer star wars toy we are going to use for the jedi training birthday party on Saturday....;) He wants to go out to eat sushi for his birthday dinner....:rolleyes: I'll find myself something cooked....LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DS!!

How old is he now?? He sure got some neat presents! How's the neck Cendrine??

Rachael Did you see that Cathe answered your post about the rotation? Hopefully she posts it today. I still have Interval Max to do tomorrow. What kind of allergies do you have? Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

I did get HSC done this morning. I had forgotten how hard this workout is, maybe if I remembered I wouldn't have got out of bed so easily.:eek:

Jo Hope your crazy week is going well! So the spinning class has got even more fun!?

Good Morning!

Happy belated Birthday to your Ds, Cendrine!
I am sure he is looking so forward to his party!

This morning I finally got around to doing Imax. So Kim we ended on the same day;) I have to admit that I lowered the step height for 9 and 10 cause I was afraid I was going to kill myself...lol My legs were humming.

Well again we are off for the rest of the week. I think someone jumped the gun when they called us in to start and we told the Super yesterday that we were going to pull off to give him a little more time to get some stuff ready. We left Monday and Tuesday very early so we were really just spinning our wheels.

Cendrine-I am sure I have that mag still. I don't know why I never tried that recipe. This way you won't have to post it! All Ds's presents sound so fun and hands on. I am interested in hearing more about the pottery wheel!

Kim-Thanks for telling me Cathe answered my post. I was getting worried that she was not going to post a new rotation. I was wondering why no one else was asking. I thought more people relied on them than just you and me. LOL

Jo-I hope you are not snowed under!

Have a great day!

I did another 30 min treadmill interval workout and then added on the weight portions of hsta, worked me good, but I feel battered. First I got this big old knot in my neck from Mondays workout, which luckily is getting better a little bit every day and not my back is feeling worse than it has in a long time.... I don't know what is going on. I'm starting to seriously want to just forget about the natural healing approach and take some serious painkillers and anti inflammatories.... How's that for my endurance....I can't believe how frustrated I get and others deal with this stuff for decades... Sorry for the vent, what would you guys do?

Kim, ds turned 7 and is excited that he has another tooth wiggling to get out. He wants me to tie his tooth to a door so he can slam it and get it out...:rolleyes:

Rachel, thumbs up for doing all of imax, it's a toughie! lowering the step doesn't make it that much easier.... The pottery wheel is a cheap, not a professional one, but it has a little foot pedal and a centering device for little amateurs to try their luck.... It should be fun. Since it's raining today we might actually get to try it out this afternoon.

Jo, how's your busy week treating you?

Quick pop in from me! Once I get this big project done for data class, I'll be back and post! But, wanted to tell you I did get 100% on Psychology test last week (just found out today) and...drum roll...as much as I worry about this stupid psych class, I have the highest score overall! :eek: Can you believe it? Anyway, the other reason besides school, is we had to do more lay-offs and so I just had to take over another department. So, between school and this chaos as work, I'm overwhelmed. I don't even have time to look at the new workout clips! I'll be back as soon as I can! I thinking of you guys!

Happy BD to DS Cendrine!!!

Congrats Jo! You outdid yourself! How fun is that! I'm so happy for you!
Sorry about more layoffs and the increased workload that means for you! I can sympathize, since dh is having the same issue at work, too. It's crazy. Keep sane in all this and take the rest you need !

Hey Guys

Another light day of working out for me. I tried the second workout on the Jillian yoga dvd that my gf let me borrow. It is funny. Jillian makes the second workout sound like it is going to be way more advanced than the first and it seemed practically the same to me. :rolleyes:In the first one you have to hold the poses for 15 secs. after you go through some flowing motions. I thought in the second you might have to hold the poses for longer but it was exactly the same. Maybe I did something wrong. LOL

Not too much going on around here. The heat is kind of creeping back so we are not doing too much outside. So no too much to chat about on that front.

Jo-Way to GO!!! I am really not surprised one bit that you made the highest in the class. You are really giving it your all. It just comes through every post that although it is hectic sometimes, you are really enjoying the process.
Sorry about the trouble at work. Lay offs are never easy for anyone. The people getting laid off or the ones left behind.

Cendrine-Sorry about the back issues. I am very stubborn when it comes to that sort of thing. I am sure I have not been in the kind of pain you are in so I am not sure what I would do. I try to go as natural as possible. I definitely hate to take pain killers and I know you are the same way.
Its going to get better. One day you will just realize that you have not had the pain in a while and won't be able to remember the last time it hurt. That is how it normally works for me.

Kim-I am not sure all that I am allergic to. I know for sure Pet dander. Not severely but sometimes worse than others. Then there is something in the air now and again that gets me but I could not tell you what it was. I guess I should have an allergy test done. The really weird part is that I developed allergies after I quit smoking. I guess I damaged my lungs enough. :confused:
I hope things are moving right along with the house and the kids at the new school. Don't worry too much about the politics. Once they see how good DS is hopefully that will trump any preconceived decisions!

Have a great day and remember Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Nothing to exciting happening here. I finished the Sept rotation yesterday with IMAX and today started the October rotation with Pure Strength Legs and Abs. The house is sure coming along this week. The water and gas got hooked up today.

Cendrien Hope your back and neck are feeling better! I work in a very traditional surgical/medical centre and honestly do not have a great opionion regarding many "altenate" therapies. So I'm probably not a great person to ask. Did ds's tooth come out?

Jo Great job on the psychology test! Is the work stress going to be ongoing?

Rachael So what do you think of the October rotation? Enjoy your days off!

I did some cake decorating prep today. I tried out a different fondant recipe and the dough seems more pliable, but it took forever.... If I run out, I will just go buy some, even though it's so much more expensive, but time is money too...:rolleyes:

Rachel, I'm glad you are able to take it easy and I think it's funny that you thought Jillian's yoga workout was not as hard as you expected....;) Keep in mind that she is used to get the unfit into shape not the already in great shape, challenged LOL!

Kim, I am not an 'only alternative medicine' kind of person, so I would welcome hearing about what avenues you might explore. I do like the natural approach, but I am fully aware that not all things can be fixed that way. I'm starting to think this one is one of them. The neck is feeling much better today. The back not so much...:(
I'm excited about all the progress they are making on your house! How are you doing this week with your long trips to work and back? Good job getting started on the october rotation!

Waving at you , Jo!

Good Morning!

Not alot going on here. I did the premix on CCC today. It was just the one run through of all the segments. That was hard on its own. At one point dh came to the door and hollered that "You could do it" ! So I guess I was panting pretty hard with the occasional WHOOO! Or more like WHEWWW! That does not really translate well but I know yall know what I mean.

So hair today. I can't be gray on my birthday haha!
I really like my new hair dresser. She is the sister to my BF so I have known her for more than 20 yrs. I was reluctant to try her out because I did not want any rifts between all of us but she is so good. Plus I have known her so long that it is really like an extension of family. DH and I are always invited to all the kids Birthdays and even Thanksgiving.

Cendrine-I can not wait for the pics of the new cake. You are going to get enough practice that you are going to be a pro at the fondant. I always wanted to get good at that but I did not really have anyone to make a cake for so it seemed silly to just make cakes for DH and I.

Kim-Woo HOO on the house! It does sound like it is coming right along.
I am going to start the Oct. rotation on Monday so this time I will be trailing you LOL

Jo-Have a great DAY!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.