~~~>---STS 6 Month Alumni - October 10 (10-10-10!!!) ---<~~~

Hi Girls!! I got up and went spinning this morning! I'm just getting a bite to eat and then need to go make a Costco run! Had a FANTASTIC workout! I am one sweaty girl!

It's pouring cats and dogs here - it's been raining hard since about 6:00 last night. Wet, wet, wet - just like me!! No kidding I don't think I've ever been as sweaty as I am today!

Okay, finish my snack, then off to the shower! I'll catch up with you all later!!!

I Know 10-10-10! I bet there are so many weddings going on today! People love that stuff. I think the DH's like it cause it helps them remember! haha

Not too much going on here today. I had to do some grocery shopping and I went to Kohl's while I was out and found a great light weight jacket that was normally 80$ and it was half off. So I thought..."Happy Birthday to me":p
Other than that just setting around doing nothing much.

I did go have to practically sell my right arm for some allergy meds. I had no idea what you have to go through to get it. I guess all the meth heads have made that what it is. :rolleyes: You have to sign a bunch of stuff and give them your drivers license. I guess there is a lot of theft going on cause you have to get it behind the pharmacy.

Well I am just killing time around here today so I hope you are all having a great relaxing day.

Oh Rachel, I know what you mean about getting pseudoephed (if that's what you got). The ENT Dr had me take them when I fly and YES you practically have to sign your life away to get it! How do those drug addicts figure that stuff out? Who'd a thought??? :eek::eek::eek: Good deal on that jacket! I love a good bargain!

We should have all done 10-10-10 today from CTX. I didn't think of that until this afternoon.

So right after I got out of the shower, DH called me to come get him as they came back early from clamming/fishing. The weather on the coast was awful and they couldn't fish anymore because the waves were too high. So I picked him up and then we ran to the store. While at the store, some friends called DH cell to say they were stopping by (oh great, the one day I DIDN'T fix my hair and she used to be a hair dresser!) I had planned to come home and do homework. Well, she doesn't care about my hair anyway, but they ended up staying about three hours... I was happy to see them but I had things to do! And, we haven't seen them in a couple years but I would have liked some notice! Anyway, my house wasn't picked up since I've been immersed in homework! Yiyiyi! Oh well... I captured her in the kitchen while I made barley lentil soup for lunches this week so she never saw how messy my house was! LOL! Am I rambling? I'm rambling!

Alright, Kim hope you're having a fun 3-dayer weekend and Cendrine, hope the day was good for you too!

TTYA tomorrow!!!!

Last thing last thing...I FINALLY got to review the clips for the new workouts! I can't WAIT!!!!

WoooooHOOOOOO!!!!!! ;):D:eek::cool::):p:D

Happy Monday Morning (or Afternoon!)!

I am at work and busy! I just got done having my barley lentil soup for lunch and a big honey crisp apple! I'm very full...those apples are HUGE!

My legs are really feeling it from spinning yesterday.

What's everybody up to today? Are you having birthday fun Rachel???

Kim's probably enjoying her holiday!

Cendrine you must be busy too!

Happy Birthday Rachel!

I hope you have a fun day and time to get treated out to dinner!

Sorry I was gone all weekend, but I know you understand! LOL!

The party went well, there is a picture of the cake in my album, I added it on to the pictures from dd's 4th birthday, had no time to upload more...;)

Everything went well, but then we got a call from a parent of one of the quests after the party. The kid went home telling his parents he got bullied nonstop by another kid at our party! Can you believe that? We were there the whole time, the two kids in question were fighting in line to get to use the 'force trainer' and I separated them immediately and he goes home saying he got bullied all afternoon...:rolleyes: They wanted us to call the parents of the other kid and notify them that they need to watch their kid... Makes me nervous to do parties, I have to admit, maybe we have everyone sign a waver next time....:rolleyes:

Anyway, the party was a success, the kids were happy (except for this one kid and he never the whole afternoon came and complained to us or asked for help) And I am so glad it's over for another year... I am also glad I waited with attaching the ears until last minute! They started drooping pretty fast because of how heavy they were...LOL!

Jo, I am so like you, I like a little advanced notice for any guests and I hate when my place isn't picked up... But you sure took it in stride! I hope your week is going to be a little less hectic for you than last week.

Rachel, I had to give my driver's license and sign something and all that too, I guess it's good they are making it harder for people, but it sure is a hassle... Are you feeling any better with the meds yet?

Kim, I just realized you are not posting because it's your thanksgiving! Have fun!

I felt well enough this morning to walk and do LIC weights. Afterwards I got my smoothie and got ready to sit down and dropped the smoothie jar (don't ask me how) and half of it splattered on the floor and the walls and table and chairs!!!! Guess what though, the jar didn't break! I was quite amazed. Clean up was a hassle but not as bad as it would have been had there been broken pieces of glass as well.

:D:DHAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!! Hope you're having a great day!

Back from all the Thanksgiving fun. We had a lovely dinner at my MIL's on Saturday night (Rachael, she made turkey, ham, meatballs, stuffing, cabbage rolls, potatoes/gravy salad,salad, beets, pumpie pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and lemon meringue pie)
Then we got up early Sunday and headed to my mom's cottage to join my family who went out Saturday. The weather is amazing, last year there was snow on the ground and this year we're wearing shorts!!

We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday night and we had turkey with all the fixings! We spent a lot of time outside at the cottage enjoying the boat before storing it for the winter, lots of bonfires. The kids had a blast with their cousins, they made a big fort.

The end of last week my rhomboid muscles were feeling really tight and I wasn't sure why. On the weekend they really started bothering me so I think I"ll take today off working out and see how it feels tomorrow. I actually woke up with muscle spasms during the night (between my shoulder blades), didn't help that I was sleeping on the pull out couch.

Jo I spent the '90s doing Kathy Smith workouts! I think I have all of them! Brings back memories.

Cendrine I hope ds enjoyed his party! I will go have a peek at the cake picture when I'm done posting. How frustrating on the parent situation, I think I know which little boy I may not invite back:confused:

Good Morning All!

Oh my gosh Cendrine, I can't believe that little boy! Was he the sensitive type or something? Glad the rest of the party went well though. And then of course...there's the smoothie incident! :p

Kim, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! What a great way to wrap up summer and buckle up for winter! :D I'm jealous you were wearing shorts though! :p Hope your rhumboid is feeling better after giving it a rest!

Waving Hidy Ho to you Rachel! Hope you're doing alright!

Running late...spinning tonight (aren't I always saying that?) and TBL! I was up until past midnight doing homework so I can watch TBL tonight! I just have this week and then finals start on Sunday.

TTYL!!

Jo, it seems like your classes just fly by, on to finals already! Amazing! You are such a hard worker! I don't know how well my work would be if I worked at midnight....

Kim, I am so glad your weekend was so wonderful! I can't believe all the food your MIL made! What a lot of yummy stuff and what a lot of work! I'm amazed to hear you guys were wearing shorts! Knowing me of course, I probably would have been wearing jackets while you guys are in shorts at the same temperature...LOL It's all a matter of what we are used to, isn't it? LOL! I hope you are feeling better, I wonder what brought this on?

Ds has been doing really well on his typing program, he can now type 20 words a minute and so we celebrated by giving him his own email address... He loves it and has already learned how to attach pictures and send group emails... it's pretty cute how he gets into it and doesn't even realize that he is writing, which he says he hates...;)

Oh My Goodness...SOrry I did not get in yesterday...We got caught up in doing a lot of nothing.LOL

We were supposed to go to a natural lake that is nearby for hiking but of course it has not rained one drop in a month and yesterday it pours! DH gave me a rain check though. :D It really wasn't too bad because we just desperately need the rain so it was kind of nice to get it. It is so bad here we are under a burn ban. Normally where we live you are allowed to burn leaves and limbs and things but it is so dry that it is way too dangerous. (I know you know about that, Cendrine)
Anyhow we went to lunch and came home...nothing too exciting. I did get a really nice camera. I think I am not smart enough to use it yet. haha

Cendrine-Things sure are alot different these days then when we were young, huh? Sometimes kids just hear things , like all the stuff that has been in the news here lately, and then they use those things in the wrong context. I hope it did not put too much of a damper on how the overall party turned out.
Thank goodness on the jar not breaking! That would have been more my luck. LOL Then you would have had to find a replacement and that can be a pain too.

Jo-Sounds like you are going to have another busy week. I am super excited for the new workouts too. I have not been able to review the newest clips that were put up but from some of the first ones I saw, it looks like she has made some new moves esp., for the legs. Oh and now I don't feel so bad since yall had to sign your lives away too!

Kim-Oh I love Thanksgiving and you are making my mouth water. LOL
The weather sounds wonderful but I bet I would have had to have a long sleeve shirt. Since my shorts weather and yours probably is a little different.LOL
I just started the October rotation Monday so I am not that far in yet. I did IM2 today and so far so good. I think I am going to plan a week off between rotations every time. I did cardio and stretching last week but nothing really hard and no weights. I feel pretty good this week. A little renewed.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. It is nice to be told.;)
Have a great rest of the day.

My back is feeling better and I got Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps done.

We stopped at the house and they were working on the insulation!!

Jo Have a fun evening Jo! TBL and spinning, should be fun!

Cendrine Isn't it amazing how fast kids catch on to technology!

Rachael, I bet you wouldn't have been wearing shorts ;) It did go to 26Celsius on Friday but cools off in the evening. I think a rest week between rotations is a great idea!

Happy Hump Day!!! Oh my gosh have you guys been watching any of the footage on the miners being rescued? What an unbelieveable feat! What an ordeal they and their families have been through.

Cendrine that's so cool about ds typing! My ss had to learn typing skills when in jr high (I think). We're all typing fools aren't we? LOL!

Rachel, will it figures it would rain! Ughh! Sounds like you still had a nice day though.

Kim, did you watch TBL? I watched but was distracted because DH was on the phone with a client. They're really making it tough this season for those contestants.

Gotta run...have to stop by the neighbors down the street to tell them I'm turning them into Animal Control. Long story but have been battling them and their dog for 7 years. Nice dog, but we have a leash law and we are constantly having to clean up our garbage. Chased him out again today....and it's not the dog's fault! Their excuse is big dogs need to room to roam! Give me a break! I had a german shepherd and he never ran lose! I'll let this go before it turns into a giant rant. :D:D

Have a good day!

Oh my gosh! I just took a quick peek and I got another 100% on my psychology test!!! Two in a row! Whooohooo! One more quiz this week and then finals....

High Five, Jo! You are rocking it! How motivating!
Too bad about the neighbors! Totally understand your rant, not worries! I hope things get better now!

It is amazing how quickly kids pick up technology, Kim, the way I see it, I'll have taught ds everything I know by the end of the year and then it will be dh's turn or I'll have to sign him up for some classes....LOL! For now though, ds is getting to go to a skateboarding class, so fun, he can't wait!

I did a tm walk and bootcamp weights. Still need to be careful and take it easy. I so tend to forget to be careful as soon as I get better!

Hi Rachel!

Way to go Jo! I second what Cendrine said since she said it so well:D;):cool:
The whole dog thing is totally understandable. We do not have any kind of animal control out here. That is why people dump there unwanted animals out. It is pretty sad. It also is very frustrating when you see an animal that really needs medical treatment and there really is no one to turn the people in to. If you call the police they kind of just blow it off...Very small town we live in.

Kim-The insulation is a big deal, it is going to be no time before things start really looking like a house around there.
I am glad that your back is feeling a lot better. At least it did not linger too long. So we are just a day apart on the rotation.

Cendrine-I need your Dh to come give me some computer lessons. Maybe he could teach me to use my camera too...lol!
I know what you mean about the forgetting to be careful when you feel great. The body tends to remind us though.

Not too much going on here. We worked yesterday and today but will probably only have about half a days work tomorrow and then off for the weekend for sure and then it will be a waiting game until the super calls us.:rolleyes: Oh well, I think this is the least stressful job we have had in 2 yrs. It is nice to be doing the pushing for once!

It was PS chest tris and shoulders and it was nice that it was so short this morning. I forgot that one was only 41 min. So I had a little extra relax time. NICE

Oh and yes Jo I think the whole miners story is just unbelievable. I don't think it is very often that something like that happens and there are no fatalities.
I did hear a story on the radio though that said some of those miners are going to be in trouble when they come up because there wives were there staying in tents and some of them had gf's show up.:eek: I am sure that was a little awkward! LOL

I'm enjoying a shorter workout morning today, Rachael. Did PS Back, Biceps and abs. Yesterday was a harder morning with Step Blast.

Did post yesterday, had lots of errands to run in the evening and when I was home I was glued to CNN watching the rescue. How wonderful!

Jo How frustrating on the neighbour's dog! Too bad that it's got to this point. I have been watching TBL, they have been changing things up this season keeping it interesting. Congrats on the psychology test!

Cendrine Skateboarding classes?! That's a new one for me, should be fun for ds.

Hi GF's!

So tonight I finished up both assignments and took my last Psych quiz. So I'm going to take a break tomorrow and then start studying for finals on Saturday. No more assignments and no more quizes...two finals and then all done...for ONE WEEK!!! Tired tired tired!

I am really busy at work since taking over this department and I couldn't get away tonight in time to go spinning (whah!). So, it figures doesn't it....I decide to go back to school and now I'm busier than ever. But not as busy as when I was traveling. Also, though at least I'm spinning, I'm not happy about what's happened with my workouts - I need to figure out a better schedule. At least I'm not sitting on my A$$! :eek::D:p;):cool:

Rachel, glad you're getting to be on the push side too! It's nice when you're out front! On the miner story, I saw the miner with the GF. Apparently the wife left before they were pulled up. Yikes! Also, I stopped by the neighbor house and nobody was home. So no sharp criticisms from me on the dog...YET! I actually haven't had to complain in a while, and I know they don't like talking to me when it's about the dog.

Cendrine, what are you and kids studying now? Are your kids getting excited about Halloween? Hope you're continuing to improve again! You must be frustrated with the get better, than not, than better. I feel for you! I didn't know you could take a skateboarding class! How FUN!

Kim, I think I like the guy Fraydo(?) The guy that lost 20 lbs. The jury is still out though. I haven't felt a strong connection to anyone yet. Boy the girls are really struggling this season except for Ada! I do like her!

Are you girls getting excited about the new workouts? I can't wait! I'm also getting excited about my nutrition class! It was really a fall day today. It was very foggy and cold - the leaves are all pretty colors and it's getting dark early again.

Okay...TGIF tomorrow! What a week!!!

Happy Friday!!! It's foggy out but you can see the sunshine trying to filter through. The neighbors dog was up here in the garbage again so I'm going to have to do something...:mad::mad:

I'm planning to only work a half day and then come home and do a fun Cathe workout. I'm thinking of MM or ME since I haven't done any weights for so long. My arm/shoulder is finally feeling better and doesn't wake me at night if I roll on it. But when I move it wrong the pain takes my breath away. I will do like Cendrine though and go very easy on the weight. Maybe I should do Butts & Guts instead! My legs can take a lot!!

Not much else going on here..yet! :D

Hope you guys are all gearing up for your weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.