~~~>STS 6 month Alumni-Aug.8<~~~

Good Sunday morning!

So sorry I have been MIA. It has been a slam packed week!
OK...This was the shortest and best little vacation I think we have ever had. I think the kids really keep it interesting! You can pick on the teen and play with the littler one! It was so much fun. We kayaked and swam and hiked and we fit that all into about a day and a half! The state park that we were at was really nice. There are lots of things to do right there so it is really good for families.
Now getting there and getting back is a total other story. First we loaded the car and were ready to go and when we got in and cranked it, it would not go out of park! We tried a few things and then we tried google..LOL Well it seems that this is a common problem with my car. It is a little piece of plastic that a spring is connected to that when you put the key in the ignition it activates and then it lets the car go into gear. So a little 10 cent piece of plastic is what is supposed to perform this task for the life of your car! ugghh...We toyed with the idea of trying to fix it and then go but were not sure how long it would take...So we unloaded the car and loaded up the big truck and took off...It was all great the rest of the time and then on the way home, we just crossed into TX and we had a warning come on the dash of the truck..."Engine power loss" uhoh! Well to make a long story short we broke down about 80 miles from the dealership we would have to be towed to! So after about 30 minutes of trying to explain to the road side assistance lady where we were at...we waited another 1 1/2 hrs for a tow. We had a lot of "at leasts" though.
It was cloudy and rainy so we were not baking in the hot afternoon sun. We were able to get off the road onto a little country road instead of being right on the highway. We had just come off of a great trip so this was just a little hiccup, and we were able to make it to the dealership right before it closed so at least we were able to talk to someone.

So then DH worked on the car and got it fixed yesterday so at least now we are not stranded..LOL. It is funny, we have 2 fairly new vehicles and they both were inoperable at the same time! How does that happen? :rolleyes:

I have not worked out all week. Not a situp or anything so now I think I am ready maybe to write in a rotation.

Oh and did I miss the pre sale?

Kim-I am glad your surgery went good but am sorry the after effects are lasting so long! I hope you had a great camping trip!

Cendrine-The appetizer in the hotel room is one I am going to have to think about! That is a tough one. Is there anyway they could let you off the hook?
It sounds like you are really getting to resume your old exercise regime. I am ready to get back to business too.

Jo-Way to go on getting the first class behind you! At this rate you are probably going to be done in half the time!;)

Oh I am sorry I forgot to tell yall that DH's test come back all A OK! The Dr. Is thinking it might be a combination of stress and exhaustion. I am happy to report that he has not had any pain or anything and is getting a full nights rest! Thanks for all of your concerns!

Have a great Sunday!

Hi Everyone! We are back from our little excursion! I really want to go get a workout in so will come back, get caught up and post a little later! But in the meantime:

Rachel, here is the link to the presale: http://cathe.com/presale/2010/

Glad DH is OKAY and you guys had a fun couple of days! Scheesch about your vehicles! So now do you have a few days off or do you have another job to get to tomorrow?

Cendrine, maybe you should just pick up a fruit platter from Costco? ;)

Anyway, more later...Happy Sunday!

Lazy Sunday here... I'm gearing up to go take a shower to wake up...LOL!

Rachel, what a drag about your two cars! I'm glad it wasn't hot, though, that would have been really bad! What rotation are you thinking of doing for workouts? I'm so glad to hear dh is ok! What a relief, right?
I just planned my rest of august out workout wise. I will do total body workouts for a couple more weeks alternated with TM workouts and then I am going to do two 4DS weight workouts per weight day and a total body on weight day 3 for a couple of weeks. After that I'm toying with the idea of doing slow and heavy and gym style.

Jo, dh was suggesting a fruit platter as well. I guess that would probably go over better than a veggie platter, huh? :rolleyes:

I am decided, we are doing one more week of summer break and then school will start in this house...:D The kids didn't even complain when I announced it, so I think they are good and ready for it too! LOL! We had a whilrwind summer, and they definitely got to do a lot of fun things all summer. I'm looking forward to a regular routine, I have to say! It should be interesting to see how homeschooling in a hotel goes. If it's nice we might go do some of it by the pool just for fun!

Jo, how are your eyes? And were you able to enjoy the weekend?

Good Afternoon

It has been a lazy one around here. We went over to friends house and had lunch with them and just have been visiting ever since.
We don't have work tomorrow so we are not on a schedule. It has felt great to just sleep the last couple of days. I think I went to bed at 8:30 on Friday and did not get up until 8 the next morning and then last night I went to bed at 10:30 and got up at 8. So I am feeling like I am actually getting some rest this weekend.
I have decided on the Jan rotation from 07 I think. It is a strength building one which I am looking forward to since I have not been able to do upper body workouts for a while! I am feeling good in the elbow area now so I think I am ready.

Cendrine-I was going to ask you about school so me and you must have been thinking about it. I know you are probably itching to get to it since you got all the new stuff! It is great that the kids didn't complain!
I am off to do nothing! lol I think it is a granola night...Sorry DH! haha

TTYT

That's funny, we had granola breakfast today! LOL!

My lazy sunday turned into quite a busy one in the afternoon I got all the laundry of the week done and deep cleaned dd's and ds's Bedrooms as well as our bathroom. I am going to do our bedroom and the hall and dh's office tomorrow, since I'm on a roll! It would be nice to get it all done this week. When we go to the hotel next week we have to pack up all our food, including the one in the fridge and freezer into these gas-safe bags, what a drag! Makes you realize how much food you keep around the house!
We were able to book a suite that allows pets, so we won't have to check in our cat in some pet sitting center. If we had done the pet sitting center we would have had to do all these vaccines, since our cat is not up to date and it would have cost more than the extra charge on the room, so we're bringing the cat....LOL!

Well, I'm finally back! I've had a busy busy day since we were gone yesterday. Today I FINALLY made the granola!!! I made it in the oven this time so I had some sense of what it should be and next time I'll make it in the dehydrator. It turned out really good. I used all your substitutions Cendrine (i.e. Agave instead of honey and molasses, etc.). It's already a hit! Then I've been doing laundry, we had to go to the store and then I juiced (a kale mixture) and then I fixed us some baked vegetables (sweet potatoes, etc.,) with the garam marsala. So now I can finally get back to you guys! I also got up this morning and did 40/20 and Abs Weights and Plates! I haven't done any of the HIIT workouts for a while so it was very challenging!

Cendrine, good luck on the hotel stay! How long do you actually have to be there? Congrats to the guys on their yellow belts!! How fun for them to be doing that together! Also, though I know you want to stay in CA...I am secretly hoping you'll move our way! I would love to be able to workout with you or anything! So at least you know you already have at least ONE friend here! And congrats on doing ME! You are just improving everyday! I'm so happy for you!

Rachel, glad you are getting caught up on your rest! Doesn't that feel nice! And glad you guys got to treat yourselves to a little R&R even if it was just a day and a half! A little fun can go a long way! ;) Isn't it crazy the parts that make our cars work? A while back DH had some weird door problem and like you, it was some plastic thing that probably cost 88 cents and they wanted to charge $60 to fix it. Of course DH fixed it but isn't it crazy? Again, so happy for you that DH is okay. Stress can really cause strange symptions so I'm sure he's relieved too! I'm going to go check out that rotation you're thinking of doing. I need to get going on something too!

Kim, hope you had a great weekend and you're feeling okay!

Oh I forgot to tell you about our weekend. Our friends called Thursday and asked if we could meet them the next day and stay Friday night. They've been on vacation camping for a week so I thought we'd be camping. But no, even better, we went to Leavenworth which is a town in the mountains that's all done Bavarian style. They had rented a Hutte which is an 1800 square foot little house complete with waterfall and breathtaking views. So we went and played minature golf, walked the river trails (about 6 miles) and just relaxed. Then got home late last night. Here's the webcam of the city and another link with pictures. Cendrine, have you ever been there? It's about 100 miles east of here in the Cascade mountains. Lots of polka music, great food and fun fun fun!!

http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/pages/?pageid=190&path=32|190#id=webcams&num=6

http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/pages/?pageid=300&path=2|300

Oh my gosh, Jo that looks so fun! I just may have to talk dh into going there next time we visit up there! And the house with the waterfall and the river trails sound right up my alley! Don't even get me started on the food! LOL!
I had to smile when you mentioned you're secretly hoping we're going to move up your way! It actually makes me feel better about the whole concept, knowing I already know somebody that is like minded! It just might happen one of these days!

Here's one more picture. This is the place we stayed in. We had that whole place to ourselves!!! Check out the pictures! Wish we had been there a couple of days. Our friends stayed there for 3 days.

http://www.enzianinn.com/photos_hutte.asp

Cendrine, oh just think of the fun we'd have!!! LOL! I could help you keep your mind of the change in weather! LOL!

Hello all back from camping! I'm feeling better but still uncomfortable at times. You might have heard that lasik surgery is painless well my left eye that had the lasik surgery is great! The right eye could not be done by lasik and it's the problem one. I still have this protective cap in it and if I move suddenly I can feel it slid and it pokes me in the eye:( which can really hurt. But if I take too much painkillers they make me nausous. I really expect things to be way better after they take this cap out at today's appointment. The eyes are super sun sensitive, the non-Lasik one can have no direct sunlight for 6 months (hats and sunglasses even on cloudy days). No swimming or vigours activity while the cap is in so camping in 35C weather at a beach wasn't really that much fun! I was like a creature of the dark when it got dark I could come out of the camper, LOL. There was fireworks one night and I had to sit with my back to them:rolleyes: It was okay, I think it was a change of scenery from lying on the couch. With my hat and sunglassed I could go out in the sun for a hour or two but then would have to get back in the camper for a lie down with my eyes closed. We had a nice time, the kids were great!

SOrry so much complaining. I really think it will be much better once the cap is out this afternoon and hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow as I bored!

Jo that place looks beautiful!! No wonder you had trouble leaving! What a unique place. How nice of your friends to invite you up for the day.

Cendrine Congrats to DH and ds on their yellow belts! You sure sound like you're getting in lots of exercise these days! I know what you mean about the routine, I"m already craving getting back to a work/exercise routine. I think some kind of fruit would work for the pool party. Maybe you could even cut it up when you get there?

Rachael Sounds like your weekend has some ups and downs! I'm so glad that you and DH are getting some downtime and that DH's test came back normal! Are both cars running now? Did you do the preorder??

ooops..I forgot to mention that I did finally get the preorder in! I figured it would have been a link on one of the forums so that is why I had a hard time finding it.
I had a great workout this morning. It was gs chest and tris and I can already tell I am going to feel it. I had to decrease the weight alot but I am OK with that. I am just glad to be able to get an upper body workout in with no pain...(even though I know I am going to have real pain tomorrow)

Kim-I hate that you are still hurting. Are they concerned with eye strain or something on your good eye? I was just wondering why there is so much concern with the good eye.
Don't worry about the complaining. It is good to be able to vent when you aren't feeling great so go ahead!;)

Jo-I had to look up cabins in that Leavenworth area. It is absolutely beautiful!!! That would be right up my alley too. I love places like that! The Hutte looked neat. Esp. the location! I can't believe yall had the whole thing to yourselves! What luck!

Cendrine-Uggh On packing up all the food. I would hate that! We have way too much food in this house for 2 people but I am going to try and use it up while we are off. It's also great that you were able to take the cat! How is she with strange places. Our cat is not up to date either but when I worked at the vet years ago, I was told that rabies vacs actually last up to 3 yrs. I don't know why they require them every yr except that maybe it is different in every pet. Our cat hates to travel so I try to take her the least I can!

Better go get the day going.
Have a great MOnday!

Well for a Monday I did better than normal at getting up! LOL! Usually I'm really tired on Mondays! Anyway, I got up and did Rhythmic Step today. It felt so good!

Kim, hope the cap removal makes you feel better. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be. And quite thinking you're complaining! We're all just GF's sharing information! Not everyday is rosey! Glad the kids were great and everyone had a good time!

Rachel, boy I bet it felt good to do GS this morning! Hope your elbow continues to behave! LOL! And now we all have our preorders in like the good girls we are! ;):cool::eek:

I am very happy with my granola! I had it this morning with blueberries. Mine did come out pretty crunchy and I used the convection option in my oven so wondering if that makes a difference. I do want to dehydrate next time though.

Hello Cendrine! TTYL!

The tried taking the protective lense out and if didn't work. Goodness that 10 minutes it was out was painful! It felt like sand in my eye and my eye was going like a faucet! So new lense in until Wednesday but I'm going back to work tomorrow. It is healing well just a little slow.

Wow, Kim, you sure have a lot to deal with with your eyes! I had no idea you had to be extra careful for a full 6 months after the surgery! You are quite the trooper for enduring all this, not that you have a choice, but if it was me, you would probably hear a whole lot more complaining....;)

Jo, the Hutte looks gorgeous and the area around it does too! So nice! I am so looking forward to being able to do Rhythmic step again some time! I love that workout! I did a tm walk instead and then spent two hours deep cleaning more carpets in the house.... that is a workout as well...

Then I took some nice downtime in my hammock on the porch, dh came home from a meeting and promptly locked me out of the house out of habit for locking the front door upon arrival. Then he didn't hear me hollering up his office window because he was on the phone, and ds and dd were taking a nap so I didn't want to ring the doorbell....:rolleyes: I stayed put under the office window on our drive way until I heard dh finally get off the phone and that's when he finally heard me....LOL!

Rachel, our cat is not good with strange places and hates any time she is removed from home... We don't worry about the rabies shot because our cat is a strictly indoor cat...

Jo, I'm so happy you love the granola! I love it extra crunchy too! If you do it in the dehydrator at enzyme friendly temps, it won't get as crunchy but still enough to be enjoyable. If you don't care about the granola being raw, you can dehydrate at a higher temp and get more crunch!

Good Tues...This week is promptly moving along!
This morning it was BM2 , cardio premix of choice and I thought I would be smart and choose the time saver...LOL That is a tough workout. My cardio stamina is a little down so I can not lie...there was some pausing when it got into the blasts but I made it through unscathed for the most part!

The rest of today needs to be meal planning and restocking the house with fresh food. I made the best pizza for lunch and dinner yesterday...It was on Naan bread and I used this mediteranian blend (pestoey) then goat cheese , red and bell peppers and some yellow tomatoes. Then a little chicken sausage. This was delicious and so quick. Mostly fresh too. Yum!

Kim-I hate anything that has discomfort concerning my eyes so I feel for you! Hopefully you will get some relief after Wednesday!

Jo-I think Cendrine and I both agree that we knew you love the granola! It is a staple in my house now. When I see it is getting low I have to make another batch. I am super sore from GS yesterday but it did feel wonderful to get an upper body workout done!

Cendrine-I love that you patiently waited under the window for DH. That is too funny. You know we hardly lock our door here. And when we do we leave the key somewhere around instead of having it on our key chain. I can not tell you how many times we have left the house with the key in the door! We really need to not do that!
Your cat sounds like mine. When we had to put her in dh's studio she stayed low to the ground the whole time and whined. Change is not her thing!

Hope yall have a great day!

Rachel, I did BM2 as well, but just the weight parts... so together we did the whole thing today! LOL! I hear you on the blasts, those are hard to do back to back without the break of the leg work in between! I remember from when I did that premix a long time ago!
Yep, our cat is not the most friendly and easy going one... she gets friendly enough when no one is visiting but even then she is very jumpy, the littlest thing scares her off. The weird thing is that she wasn't like that as a kitten, oh, well.
Your pizza sounds delish! Naan makes a great base for a pizza! I've even used the flat bread roll up for a thin crust pizza that turned out really yummy too!

Hi Jo and Kim!

Oh Cendrine, forgive me for laughing...but I can just picture the wait for DH to notice you! LOL! Yahoo on BM2!

Kim, ouch! Sorry it's taking time but hopefully the time will go fast! At least you can go back to work.

Rachel, Yahoo on BM2 for you too! LOL! You pizza sounds wonderful!

Today I did MM. This was the first time I've done any upper body work for a while so went low on the weights and was very careful about my form. Oddly enough, none of the shoulder exercises bothered my shoulder but the chest flyes did a little so I stopped early on those (again I was using light weights). But, because I haven't done any weight work in a while I know I'll be feeling it! Yippee!

Hope you all have a good day! TTYL!

Well Cendrine, since you mentioned packing up your food and having excess you inspired me to go through my cabinets...EEEK! I know have done this not too too long ago (it seems) but I found rice that went out of date in 2006!!! ANd mind you it is not like I have a huge pantry! It was white rice though and it probably has been since 2006 since I have eaten any. Lord knows why I skipped throwing it out the last time but it is gone gone now! Now I am ready to try and use up some of the things that need to be rotated out of there.
I love having time to prepare a meal at night and have something to eat different everyday or at least a few days a week.

Cendrine-I had to laugh on the cat not being the same because when I got the cat I have now I was not looking for one at all! We were at a pet store and I never buy animals from a pet store but this adolescent age cat just tugged at my heart strings. When I got her out of the cage, I swear she hugged me...She has not done that since either. In fact she really hates to be held for any length of time and if we have company you will find her under our bed.LOL SO I know exactly how you feel. It might be an interesting stay in the hotel!
We must have been kindred spirits today with the BM2!:D

Jo-I feel those flies in my shoulders big time! I went way down on my weight to keep from injuring anything too so I am right there with you. I still felt it more in the shoulders than anything else. It seems like we are all getting back to our old selves again.

I am searching for some things that I can do in my spare time around here cause I know I am going to have a lot of it this winter and it will help to keep me out of a slump. DH and I will be doing some work around here but I need things that I can do on my own so if he isn't around or has something else going on then at least I can have something to keep me busy. I am way better when I have stuff to keep me busy.

Anyhoo...we are still waiting on our truck to get out of the shop so I am trying to post pone the grocery trip until they call but now it is really on the hot side for grocery shopping:rolleyes:

TTYL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.