~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Aug.29<~~~

Well I did it...I got my workout done and on a Sunday!!! That hasn't happened around here in a very long time.
Not too much going on here for the time being. I think we are going to take the day off but I am not sure if we are going to hang around here or head to town. I guess we will see where the day takes us.

I don't know about yall but I just can't believe it is already September. I think if I blink it will be Christmas! It is crazy how fast this yr has gone by for me.

Anyhow now I am just rambling...Cendrine-I hope you get that workout in!

TTYL

Oh yea...Did yall see the pics from the new dvd's. The women that won the chance to be in a dvd are in great shape. Of course Cathe's abs are still amazing...I wonder how that happens!:D

Rachel, thanks for mentioning the pictures, I would have missed them. How fun, I love sneak peeks...! The two guests do look in amazing shape, good for them! They look like they are having a great time!

Good job getting your workout done, Rachel! I'm going to get going on mine after I finish posting. I got sidetracked after breakfast cleaning out dd's closet.... I guess you and I both got struck with the cleaing bug...LOL!

Yesterday dh and I went out to eat at a tiny but really good swiss restaurant on Balboa Island (about 30 min from here) its a tiny island you can drive on over a bridge. It has really good food, is pricey, but really special, today is our 12th anniversary, so we went there last night in honor of it. It was very enjoyable. Then today, ds wanted to learn how to cook by recipe so we monitored him making healthy pancakes from scratch including pouring and flipping and serving them. He had a good time and they tasted really good. He got a little impatient during the cooking/wait time....LOL! Then I gave ds a much needed hair cut, he's looking a lot more clean now...LOL!

Well, I better go off and do my workout. I promised I would make the family breadpudding today (dh bought a sweet white bread:eek:) we never have non whole wheat bread, and he got two loaves!

BBL

Good Morning! No I didn't see the pics so I MUST GO DO THAT NOW!!!!

But quickly, I did Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix (one of my favorites). It's 80 minutes and I pooped out at 65...oh well I feel as good as Rachel's first big engergetic GOOD MORNING POST! LOL!

Yahoo Rachel on all you accomplished yesterday and your workout today! You da queen! Enjoy your day!

Cendrine, I love Balboa Island!!! GF lives a walk across the bridge! Congratulations on your anniversary! And how fun ds wanted to cook!

Okay, got to go look at pictures!

Wow! I'm excited! The pictures are always so inspiring! I can't wait until they post more! Yeah, check out the abs on those girls! WOW!

Alright, back to BM2 - so I did it with a 6" step instead of 8 and, because of my shoulder I can't use the barbell for squats. That puts a crimp in my style as I hate doing squats with dumbbells. The problem is I can get the barbell on my back, but then because of the angle I have to move my arm to get it off I can't get it off! It's not bending that way! LOL! Even in STS, I hated doing those squats with dumbbells, it never feels natural to me. Oh well, I had a great workout!

Today I'm trying to get my first round of reading finished for my classes. I read all the psychology chapters yesterday and today I'll focus on my other class. I am not one to procrastinate; I like to be prepared in advance so I know what's coming! :p I'm awful that way about driving...I want to know well in advance what the turns are, approximate mileage, etc. so I am mentally ready. DH has a new batch of jerky working in the dehydrator. I swear it's already fall here! Another 58 degree day!

Rachel, enjoy your day! Cendrine, good luck with the bread pudding! Kim, I hope you're enjoying the weekend and the weather is good for you!

Off to the shower!

The pictures of the filming looking great!! How exciting !

Well back from camping. We left right after work Thursday. It was a 2 hour drive and we were set up by 8:30 pm. Nice weather, warm but not hot. No rain. We just had a nice quiet weekend. We did some hikes, swam once and some exploring of the historic sites in the park. Lots of sitting around the campfire and enjoying time as a family. I'm ready to put away the camper away now.:D We have really enjoyed the camper this summer. Got home and did Step Blast. I really need a shower after a weekend living outside and now Step Blast.

Next weekend we're at my Mom's cottage Saturday till Monday (Labour Day weekend so Monday is a holiday). The kids go back to school on the Wednesday, September 8th. The weekend after that dd is having a sleepover with 4 girlfriends at a hotel (a belated birthday party) then the next weekend is my Minneapolis bus trip and then I get to spend a weekend at home!!

Rachael Your house must look amazing with new floors, mudroom coming along and a great cleaning!! We are able to still walk around our new house because we go in the evenings when no one is there and there are no doors yet;) After it's framed in with doors/locks, then you have to go get permission/hard hats/key from the sales office which is close by. So we would have to go when they are open. When do you want to start the Sept rotation?? I'm thinking that I'll get started Wednesday because of my weekends away I"ll miss a few days so I may as well get started right away.

Cendrine I'm sure you're enjoying have the house back in order. I really enjoy the 4DS workouts but I do find them hard! Congrats on your anniversary! Who looks after the kids when you go out?? That's great that you're teaching ds how to cook!

Jo I'm so sorry about your migraine and your gall bladder pain. :(:( Well at least you won't miss the meat like most people would. I didn't realize that you would feel the pain so quickly once you eat them. Congrats to your girlfriend, what an amazing accomplishment!! The psychology course sounds interesting! That's great that it can all be done online. I kind of miss going to school;)

Off to the shower!

Nice progress on the house, Kim! It looks like it's ready for some exterior stuff soon, unless they do the inside first, I have no idea what order they do these things in...LOL! Your pic of ds,dd and you at the church looks nice too, looks like you guys had a great time!
We have a couple of single in their 40s friends who enjoy sitting for the kids. We did have a couple of teenagers watch the kids a few times, and the kids love that too, but friends are free.... LOL!;)
For afternoons I have started letting a young gal from the neighborhood who is also homeschooled watch dd, ds is sort of too old to be watched by her, but it works great for dd.

Jo, I'm like you, I always like to be ahead of things. I ordered this year's fall curriculum in February!:eek: and I preread every book....LOL! I also love the navigator feature in my car because if I want to know if I'm going to be turning left or right at the off ramp or whatever, I can touch that option away from the map and it will tell me, LOL! I love to know which lane to be in...
I was sorry to hear about your meat eating pain, too! It is a good thing that this won't mean much adjusting for you! Way to go doing 65min of the 80, that is a long time to work out, but such a fun workout!
I did manage to do high step challenge weights and it worked me hard too.

This week is a repeat of the 4ds and then I am going to try two weeks of gym style, since I still haven't done them since getting them.

Welcome back Kim! Boy you have had busy weekends this summer! Good for you! My gosh your house just popped up there didn't it?! :D Looks great! Cute picture in the church.

Cendrine, good job on high step challenge! When SS was small, we had friends that always watched him for us. They were like your friends, no kids so they didn't mind at all. Honestly, I don't think we ever spent a dime on babysitting. Of course we didn't do much that he couldn't go with us, but when we did our friends always took him.

I had a GF email me that she has a recipe that will dissolve gall bladder stones. We'll see what that is!...stay tuned.

Well, got lots done on the homework front. Not ready to analyze us all yet, but I can tell I'll like both these classes.

TTY Tomorrow!

Good Monday morning yall!

This morning it was GS chest and tris and get ready Cendrine cause these workouts move pretty fast but they are great! I think I always forget that the rest is about 30 sec. which is pretty short.

More working on the house today. We took the day off yesterday. I got a call from my niece asking if she and my nephew could stay at our house while my brother and dad went to their deer lease. Dh decided to go with them...he does not hunt but love trekking through the woods. So while the kiddos were here we made home made pizza and of course some chocolate chip cookies :rolleyes: It was really a great day.

Jo-It would be so cool if the recipe works!!! I do believe that some times those things do work.
I can't wait to be analyzed;) :eek:
I am the same way with the squats, I prefer them with a bb to a db. The weight just seems to be in a better spot. I kind of feel like I lean to far over with the db's some times.
I can not believe your weather! I guess yall did not get too many warm days this summer.

Cendrine-Congrats on your 12th! This yr will be our 12th too. I think we have talked about that before. In this day an age of divorce, I find it refreshing to know so many couples that are staying together and love being together!
Way to go on getting your workout in too...That one gets me good too!

Kim-Wow they are moving on your house!!! Have yall put yours up for sale yet or are yall still waiting a bit?
You still have about a month of busy weekends it seems!
They all sound like a lot of fun though. I think it is a really creative and memorable idea to have a sleepover in a hotel for dd's b-day! That is going to be fun for her and all her friends!
I am not sure yet on if I will finish the week out in the rotation I am in or go ahead and start the Sept. rotation when it is posted. But since you will off on the weekends , we will probably stay pretty much together if I start it next Mon.

Off to make a quick grocery trip.

Have a great day!

I didn't sleep too well but managed to talk mysef into doing a 1hr uphilll walk anyway and am glad I did! The hammer punch lunges from yesterday are making themselves known in my rear...;)
Ds is learning the countries of the world with some geography songs and the stupid songs went through my head all night....:rolleyes: I only hope they stick with him as well as they do with me! We learned countries in the middle east today, a couple of them I don't think I've ever heard before.... I have never been too interested in the middle east, so it must have gone right by me in school....:eek:

i'm glad you like your homework, Jo, it is so much easier to retain stuff when it's actually interesting, isn't it? I do want to hear more about the gallstone dissolving recipe! How great that would be if it worked! If it's not too crazy, it sure is worth a try!

Rachel, thanks for the warning on the GS, I'll brace myself! LOL Sounds like you had a great time making pizza and cookies! It's fun to be making fun things with kids, isn't it?

Just a quick in and out for me...

I meant to mention this the other day but I am so glad that Jai is back for this series. I know that there was a lot of speculation when she was not in the shock cardio series and a lot of people were saying that they thought there was a falling out between Cathe and her...I try not to listen or read too much gossip. Of course that stuck with me, but she looks as good as ever. They posted a pic on the blog today...her doing extended warrior sliding lunge. They are also using something new to slide with. It reminded me of a cloth frisbee that I bought for my dog...Then I thought that would be a great alternative to the paper plate!

Cendrine-Sorry about the sleep...Isn't it so annoying when you get a song stuck in your head. This is going to sound weird but when we are at work and I bend over songs seem to "fall" into my head. I know it doesn't make sense but I swear it does not happen until I bend over...Go figure.
So did you find out if the songs stuck with Ds yet?

Hidy Ho! Well another Monday I didn't want to get up! So, of course, I was late...no workout. So I just got done fixing some dinner for the boys and then I'm off to do a cardio coach.

Rachel, I'm with you on the forum gossip. If I remember right, Jai and her husband own a restaurant so could always be schedule conflicts. Yeah, though I love seeing some fresh faces I know I've gotten used to the tried and true crew and always look forward to seeing them! So how were those chocolate chip cookies? ;) Kudos on GS!!!

Cendrine, good girl on making yourself do the workout. Sorry about the sleep but hopefully you'll sleep good tonight! I'm with you on those countries! There's all kinds of itty bitty places that no one has ever heard of!

Hello Kim!

Okay, off to spin!

Got Push and Pull done. Nothing else exciting happening.

Rachael I thought the same thing that since I was missing a few days here and there, I would get started earlier on the September rotation. I'm glad that Jai is back as well. The two new members looked great! I use furniture sliders instead of paper plates and they work great! I have to remember about them when we actually move our furniture. We should think about listing our house soon. Things sell quickly around here and possession dates are fast so don't need to do it too soon.

Cendrine LOL on the songs. You will remember those countries! I'm interested in what countries that you hadn't heard of before?? Your hamstrings are going to be feeling it tomorrow with uphill walking with DOMS! There is nothing done in the interior of the house except wood where the interior walls will be. The doors/windows/roof will be next and then they'll work on the interior which will be the slow part. As different people will need to come in like electicians, plumbers.

Jo I'm curious to see what the recipe is as well! Glad that you're enjoying your classes.

Quick note! Tonight is spinning at the gym! It's raining and definitely feels like fall today - however summer is supposed to come back tomorrow!

Nothing else going on yet today.

Hello to all!

Hello Hello!

It is a late check in for me...at least for the first checkin!
I got up this morning and low max was on the schedule...I had not done this one in a while and it kicked my booty:eek:. I did 1-6 and laid on the floor and watched 7:rolleyes:...Then I realized that 7 was my favorite! Oh well I was pooped. I did feel like I really was giving the rest of the darn thing everything I had and more though!

Then right after I got done with breakfast, I started projecting around the house and have been busy ever since! We had this built in shelf that dh made a long time ago and it never got trimmed around the outside...You know just one of those things on the list that you forget about. (honey do list that is) Well I decided that I would have a go at trying to do the trim myself. It was a successful job well done , even if I do say so myself!:rolleyes::p:D I was very proud. I feel like now maybe I can try to tackle some of those other things I have been wanting to try but have been a little apprehensive about. So while DH was working on trimming out around the opening for the mr and more window work I was busy doing little loose ends...I felt very handy! LOL

Kim-DO the furniture movers scratch the floor? Are they the kind that are plastic on the bottom? I wondered about those too. It kind of looked like Cathe is going to have a new product , maybe. I really want to get her bands. I think mine are just not quiet the same.

Jo-Oh I can't wait till we have more fall like weather! I did see that yall were pretty chilly up there though so I am sure if I were you, I would want a warm up too. We are cooling but the humidity is kicking out rears! Have fun at SPIN! I know you will!

Cendrine-How was your day?

Off to see if I can sort a little of the mess out. The house is a little messy again but it was worth it to get all the little things done!

The exciting news today is that our new house has bathtubs! I guess they have to put them in before they finish the walls. Haven't done a workout yet but might do one yet or might just wait to start the September rotation tomorrow.

Rachael Had to LOL of the image of you lying on the floor during interval 7:D What a productive time off you and DH are having! The furniture gliders have plastic on the bottome, I use them on carpet but I wouldn't thick they would scratch the floor. Super cheap from Wal-mart.

Have fun at spinning Jo!

I'm feeling the fall here too! LOL! Not sure if summer is coming back or not, who knows these days....:rolleyes:

I did 4ds back, chest and shoulders today. I was able to go heavier on some stuff which felt great.

I didn't hear about the rumors of Jai and Cathe, just as well, and I'm glad she's back, too! I was just assuming when she wasn't in the sts cardio, that she was busy with their restaurant too, like you did, Jo.

Kim, some of the countries in the middle east I didn't know about are Bahrain, Qatar and Oman... I know them now....:rolleyes: Ds is getting the songs into his head too, now... LOL

How are you doing today, Rachel?

Not too much going on here today. We had some errands to run in town so that is about it...Isn't it weird how when you are a teenager, it seems like you can spend all day in town and it not phase you one bit...Here I am , I have been in town for about 2 or 3 hrs and I am wiped out! haha

Cendrine-My FIL worked in Bahrain for a lot of yrs. He seemed to like it alright. He brought some "candy" home from there for us to try one time. It resembled little miniature cubes of hay. It tasted about that way too.

Kim-Yea bathtubs...How Exciting!!! I looked earlier for the Sept. rotation but it had not been posted yet. I was wondering if it was going to be a little behind do to the filming.

Jo-How was spinning? I am sure it was as much fun as it always is! So have you been there a yr yet?

Oh yea, no workout today...scheduled rest day. Good thing too because I guess the cat was passing a major hairball last night cause she threw up about 4 times during the night. She has a real low meow when it is about to happen and I am up and ready to clean before she even gets started. I know she is not a human child but I was starting to stress by the third time:rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Spinnning was great (like you thought Rachel! ;)) No, I haven't been a gym member a year yet...seems like it though doesn't it? I joined March 11 (not that I remember LOL!)! You had me totally cracking up about the little cube of hay! LOL! I hate too say this, but any candy I've ever tried from another country that isn't chocolate has not worked for me! A guy I used to know would always brings us stuff back from China and insist I try it. I could barely choke it down and was always concerned what was in it! I don't mean to sound mean, but I'm such a picky eater and especially with sweets. I'll just stick to snickers, M&M's and chocolate and life is good! Hope kitty passed the hair ball!

Yea Kim on the bathtubs! Well at least you know you'll be able to bath! LOL! Oh, I guess you'll need the water hookup!

Cendrine, you are doing great on increasing your weights! Okay, I had heard of Oman but I thought Bahrain was a city!

I tried to get back to post last night but was really tied up with my homework. I think it's going to be a challenge with these two classes. Well, I guess part of it is trying to organize my time on both. I'll feel better after I get through this first week. For both classes I have an assignment and a quiz every week.

Alright, back to work. TTYL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.