~~~ DAMAGE CONTROL . . . TGIF ! ! ! ~~~

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
SURPRISE ! ! ! Yep, guess I got here first this AM.

Not sleeping well so thought I might as well get up and get us started. :eek:

Posted nearly a novel last night trying to catch up with you ladies so check it out if you have the time.

BBL . . .

Good Morning Everyone!

Jacque: I would like to call that office but they didn't leave a phone number in the ad. Only an email addy and a fax #. This leads me to believe that they KNEW they'd get an overwhelming response and it's easier to handle when it's not a phone ringing off the hook all day. That being said, email is really my only option. Good job on the cardio y'day! Can't believe you are the first one here this morning! :p

Diana: I know the adjustables are longer. I measured, in fact, and they are about 5" longer then my 25 pounder! :eek: That's okay though. I know 2 peeps personally who have these and they LOVE them. I think I will be able to adjust to the length and if there are a few exercises that seem impossible with them, I still have my set of regular DB's to fall back on. I can't wait for them to get here!!!!!:D:D:D I know these things are gonna make me reconsider my decision NOT to get STS too! ;):rolleyes: So you should DEFINITELY get your dvd today!!! Enjoy it. Yeah, regular daycare is ridiculously expensive. If I was/am unable to get DS into the summer program through his school then he'll have to stay home with me. That would be a bummer and a half! I love DS and like to spend time with him but keeping him busy and both of us happy and sane for 3 months with no time apart is simply an impossibility for me. :eek: I would continue to look for a job but considering the amount of money we'd have to pay to have him in daycare for the summer so that I could work, I'd be hard-pressed to find a job that would be worth my while financially.

Jen: You seriously sound like my kind of girl. We will have in CT in August! :D Good job getting your steps in! Lotsa folks here seem to have to "force" it to meet that goal but not you! ^fives!!!! :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts once you've downloaded the info for the first time.

Not sure if today will be a rest day or BBC Back and Shoulders. I will decide after work!

Toodles!:D

Last edited:
Jacque: I just went into my email to write to the woman at the hiring office and realized that since she responded to my follow up email last week, I now have her phone number as it's part of the signature on the email she sent! I guess I will call her this afternoon! :)

TGIF

Sorry I was MIA yesterday .. was at home w/terrible head ache ... I have made up my mind as much crap as PIA gets away with if I feel bad I am not breaking my neck to come in ... think boss was shocked I called in "sick" :eek: ... no w/o for me yesterday .. I did manage to get some laundry done and some stuff laid out for the Vegas trip other than that I was USELESS:(

Today I have a MILLION things to do at lunch ... OH .. and guess what THE SUN IS SHINING :eek::D:D:D it has been about 3 weeks since I have seen sun .. and DARE I SAY it ... it is "supposed" to be NO RAIN tmrw :eek: (nocking on wood and crossing fingers) ... I am hoping the sun WILL be out .. me and SIL can tackle a tough cardio workout and then lounge by the pool all afternoon ... another friend is supposed to be coming too .. she just had to put her dog of 17 years to sleep and is really sad .. plus she has had a ROUGH couple of months .. she needs to unwind!!

Wendy .. congrats of the great buy ... let me know how you like your purchase (I swear you girls are the biggest bunch of enablers I have ever seen) .. good luck on summer day care .. yikes .. girlie you are cutting is close huh???

Jacque - you beat Wendy here this morning .. WOW .. I am imprssed!!

Lori .. you ran 12 miles .. I would pass out ... OMG I feel like an even bigger slug now!! :( .. and ITA about exercise being a priority .. but people who dont exercise regularly or as hard as we do .. dont think of it like that .. I dont get it .. well guess I should say THEY dont get it ... I would be a fat@$$ UBER BI-atch if I did not exercise .. LOL!!!!! :p It helps my health as well as my sanity!!!!! I try to keep things semi-organized .. but dont obsess about it .. my biggest thing I put off is the hard core cleaning (like baseboards, windows, corners etc) .. UGH .. I would rather take a beating!!!

Di .. I am guess you are off to see your DGB and DS .. safe trip .. have fun and take lots of pics!!

Jen .. hope you are still taking it 1/2 way easy on the bod!!! We all like to think we are superwoman ... but here lately my body is reminding me I am NOT!!! LOL

OK .. better run .. errands on tap for today .. hope to get a walk/run in w/my big babies .. then some clean max ... then date night ;) .. tomrrow think I am gonna do bootcamp, a run, or bodymax ...?? ... then lay by the pool and enjoy some CABS!!!!!! Have a great one!!!! :D will BBL to see what everyone is up to!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I got all of my new work outs and I am previewing them now. I'm very excited to get started with them! I will do BBC Back and Shoulders today (probably cardio this afternoon and the weights this evening), rest tmrw and begin with one of my new work outs on Sunday. I have a nice mix of cardio and weight circuits, weight work outs and cardio work outs. This is going to be FUN! :D I am going to try to keep my work outs to a 5 day a week schedule again like I was doing with CLX.

Well, DS is FINALLY signed up for the aftercare program at school. I SHOULD be good to go now. *fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong!* I should be able to get the care whenever I need it from this point forward. PHEW! Now I can go back to concentrating on finding a job w/o worrying so much about him being taken care of. What a load off my mind. :)

Laura: Oh don't get me started on cutting it close for Joey's daycare situation! The folks that run that program have been driving me up a wall! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::eek: I pray that nothing gets screwed up and that I REALLY AM GOOD TO GO now as the girl claims. Sorry about the headache. Glad you are feeling better today. Sorry about your friend's dog. I know how sad that is. I've been there. :( You must be getting uber excited for Vegas!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

Guess that's all for now...gotta jet to pick up DS now!

Toodles!:)

Wow. Today must really be my day! I now have an 11am interview set up for this coming Monday for that office position I applied for! :D I chickened out of calling but sent another email and came back to a message on my answering machine from the girl there wanting to set up an interview so I called her right back. Sounds like the hours will work out as well. 830am start time and then leave the office at 430, stop at the post office and then head home. It's not far from here so I am thinking it will be fine but I'm going to double check it on mapquest and on my gps in my car. I'm excited now but also nervous! I have to find an appropriate outfit now! :eek:

Still previewing work outs...well when you have 7 of 'em it takes time :p...and I'm still liking what I am seeing! Can't wait for Sunday!!!!:D

Okay, gotta go. Promised DS I'd take him to the park this afternoon! I'll be working out when we get home later.

Toodles!

Woo Hoo Wendy ! Good to hear about both day care and the interview ! So is BBC = Barry's Boot Camp? or something else? I have seen that set a few times and read about it on the forums. Not sure I want to hear about it until I give CLX a shot one of these days though. Hope the DB's come quickly for you ! Have fun at the park !

Laura - sorry about the headache girl ! I totally understand that one ! Good to hear you are feeling better AND the sun is supposed to be out for you for at least a few days ! Yee Haw ! Hope you and your friends have an absolutely wonderful day tomorrow working out, sitting by the pool and, of course, imbibing a few CABS ! :rolleyes:

Jen - hope the day isn't super busy for you ?

Guessing Diana is out here much closer to me now . . . ;) Surely enjoying the kiddies and DS. Didn't think I saw bad weather up north so she may have come in the right direction.

Yoo Hooo Lori . . . whatcha up to lately?

Until later gals !

Come on 5 o'clock .. I have had it .. man if I got paid for everytime I got blessed out or fussed at today I would be a rich woman .. GEEZE!!!!! :confused: have a feeling that run may wait and CAB will take it's place .. I feel like going out and yelling to the sky "GIVE ME A F$#@$%# BREAK!!!!" :confused::confused:

WHEW .. got that off my chest :p

Wendy .. WOOOHOOOO WTG girl .. got the DS taken care of .. AND a pending interview .. oooooohhhh ... this may mean: hellooooo shopping trip... :) Hey .. a girls gotta look the part for the interview right??? I wil be keeping my fingers crossed and sending up good interview mojo!!!! You can do it girl!!!!!

Jacque .. think I may be "imbibing" tonight AND tomorrow .. right now the weather is still looking to cooperate ... DH even said he would cook for us girls .. :eek: .. WOW ... I am impressed!!! Hell ya ... chef hubby .. do your thing!!!! :D SIL is already putting in her order from some drunk chickens on the smoker :confused: .. now VBF says she may ride up too .. errrr better exercise a little harder .. this is turning into another girls weekend!!! :p

Have a great one .. 25 minutes till the 5 o'clock bell rings!!! come on come on already!!! :D

Good evening, ladies!

Just popping in quickly before I hit the sack. I had creditors meetings all day today and never got a chance to post. I'm absolutely exhausted and probably won't be able to put anything coherent together longer than three lines :eek:

I will, however, report a four mile run on the treadmill this morning.

I have fun things to report on the GWF, so I'll be back in the a.m. to fill you guys in.

Later gators~

Jen

Poppin' back in quickly to report today's work out. I'll catch up on personals in the morning.

I started doing BBC shoulders and back cardio but I could tell that my calves were not going to be able to deal with all of that jump rope so I switched it up after about 5 minutes. I popped in one of my NEW vids (I "forced" myself to try it! ;)). It's Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism work out. It's several 6 minute cardio circuits with a little core work mixed in. I did the first 3 circuits (I really liked it-can't wait to try it in full next week!) and then moved on to BBC shoulders and back weight work. OUCH is all I have to say about THAT work out! :p I forgot how much it hurts! :eek:

Okay, that's all for now.

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.