~~~The Challengers~~wk of 2/15

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning

How did everyone's Valentines day go? We had fun yesterday, went bowling and the bowling center had an arcade for the kids. I got a little surprise when we got home, DH got me a little heart shaped pendent for v-day. I was expecting roses or something...i didn't get him anything:confused:

During our outing yesterday i picked up some weighted pink gloves that came with a dvd kickbox workout. I plan on doing it today...i previewed it last night. Its called 10min solution :kickbox. There are 5 /10-minute workouts on there for a total of 50minutes.

Roxie-You will love Rodney yee..

Jean-How have you been?

bbl

Good Morning,

Tonite will be KPC cardio drills if I feel better by then, I should probably stay home from work and rest but I am going. We spent V-Day watching the race and snuggling in our chair and then DH fixed steaks for supper.

Amelia-glad you had a good day yesterday enjoy your new workout.

Workout done, it was really fun..two thumbs up :D 51mins and burned 468. I really like that instructor too...no chatting just gets right to it. Her name is Jessica Smith. I could really tell i was wearing the weighted gloves, my HR stayed up...whew! Can't wait to try them with Cathe's KB workouts:eek:

Roxie-sounds like you had a good V-day too! Enjoy KPC later!

Morning, today's workout is 4ds Legs(if i have too:p) then some much needed yoga, think i will do that easier Rodney yee one;).

Ive GOT to drink more water today...crap,im still holding onto ALOT of water.

Hi ladies. My weight is creeping(or leaping) back up so I need to get motivated. This morning was a brisk (30 degrees) jog with the dogs. I was bundled up like the michelin man. Since Lent is here, maybe I can use the time to set some goals and stick with them. Give up some of my poor eating habits and get back on track.

Amelia, glad you liked the new DVD.

Roxie, are you feeling better yet?

Elaine, how are you?

Jean

Hey girls,

Amelia and Roxie: you two have been very busy with your workouts.

Jean: shovelmax is a great Workout. I sweat buckets doing that one. As a matter of fact I will be doing that workout later today. We are suppose to get 6-8 inches.

I am feeling better. Just a bit of the cold is lingering. Yesterday I did GS legs premix (49 min). I have some doms from that one. Today I did Stepmoves. There are a few spots where I have to rewind and keep trying to get the move down. I think once I learn it, it will be a lot of fun. Oh, I also did Abs circuit med ball abs.

Okay I have to get DS to the eye doctor to pick out new glasses since his pair have broken. Need to get this done before it starts to really snow hard.

Good Morning,

Decided to take the week off from workouts throat is starting to hurt and I am coughing, no more dizziness though and Aunt Flo is visiting and she isn't being very nice so I just don't feel up to doing anything.

Amelia-have fun with your workout.

Jean-we all have slumps and the weather isn't helping.

Elaine-we haven't gotten a good snow in awhile and I don't care to see one either.

workout done...only burned 222 but it wasn't a cardio day so i will take it.

Jean-Im with ya on eating healthy...i started back yesterday really watching what i ate and making sure i stick to my calorie count. Nice job this morning, your very brave to jog outside(lol at the michelin man comment)

Roxie-Take it easy this week, i hope you feel better soon! I need to take a rest week soon....

Elaine-Nice job on your GS premix yesterday and WTG on stepmoves today. Sending you healing vibes...

have a good day girls, bb tomorrow:)

Morning

Im not sure what im doing today, i will have to look at the dvd's. Im thinking LIC Upperbody premix...maybe.

Elaine,thanks..i got your FB friend request!!! Did you know Cathe is on FB?

bbl

Amelia: Yes I knew that, just not sure if I want to join it. I am one of those strange people that like to keep my working out private except for here. I'm a closet workout junkie!:D

Roxie: a week off sounds good. Last week I pretty much did that.

Jean: What are you up to?

This morning I did 4 ds ch/sh/tri premix and then did HiiT DW pyramid. I could only handle half of the HiiT Wo. my stamina took a beaten with this cold. I am sure by next week I will be upto par.

Off to shower and take DS to the doctor. I think his thumb is infected.:(

HI everyone. This morning was my last session with the PT at the gym. I burned over 400 calories and that was using weights. He recommended circuits for fat loss so that's what we have been doing each session. I had not worn my HRM on any of the other sessions so I was surprised to see that kind of calorie burn. Now if only I would stick with a plan and keep moving. Since Lent just started and during lent you are suppose to give up something or do something extra, that is one of my goals - Eat better, workout consistantly!!!

Hope each of you has a great day.

Jean

Jean that is an impressive calorie burn. Which Cathe DVD fits best as the circuit style workout you've been doing?

Good Afternoon,

I managed to do my 30 pushups and 150 of my 200 crunches yesterday but it wasn't one of my better ideas when you are dizzy from sinus infection laying down or facing down is not good. Today I had a cough and my boss told me I looked terrible so they sent my home from work at noon. I am really dizzy right now but hoping to do something later.

Amelia-hope you had a good workout.

Jean-good cal burn I know you can keep it up.

Elaine-good job with your workout.

no workout for me today,decided to do some cleaning around the house and laundry.

Roxie-I hope you feel better soon, sending you hugs!!

Jean-Nice calorie burn...ive heard circuits are suppose to help with weightloss. Makes me wonder if i should switch my rotation to three circuits a week and maybe one cardio session along with that? mmmmm.....

Elaine-LOL, i know what you mean...ive got alot of family on FB and they all think im obsessed with working out:rolleyes:

bb tomorrow...

Morning

Today will be cardio + upper body, i know im doing MM upper premix but not sure about the cardio...i may do KCM's athletic step.

bbl

No Wo for me this morning. I woke up with a head ache and my knee hurts. Not sure why that is.

I have to take DS back to the drs this morning. They want to recheck his thumb to make sure the infection didn't travel any further up his hand. He has cellulitis. He scratched his thumb on a seat belt clasp on Sunday and by Tuesday night it was swollen and had to lines going up his wrist.:eek:

Amelia and Jean: By circuits do you mean cardio/weight circuits or just weight circuits?

Good Morning,

My sinuses are still full and my nose is still running, but I am going to do Push Pull tonite tired of using sickness as an excuse. I just need to get off my lazy butt to work.

Amelia-enjoy your workout.

Elaine-hope Dss' thumb gets better its amazing what a little scratch will do.

workout done, decided on KCM's Athletic step then MM UB...my arms are FRIED! I increased my weight on everything,matching Cathe's:confused: 1:15mins total time and burned 573:eek:.

Elaine-For me a circuit is a mixture of cardio and weights. Sorry your DS has cellulitis...its crazy how a scratch on the thumb could amount to so much. I hope the doctors visit goes well today.

Roxie-I hope you have a good workout tonight and don't feel bad if you have to take a few days off to let your body fight that infection. I know its sucks!!:(

Big HELLO to Jean!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.