~~~~Watercoolers, Thrilling Thursday~~~~

Netta

Cathlete
Hi, just getting us started here. Workout will be some full body weights. Hmmmm, will be staring at the collection. Something with abs too.

Jeanette

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well this morning. I ended up doing the SS premix of just upper body yesterday. It was fun and short. All good! I just couldn't bring myself to do another cardio. I was just beat. Today is a rest day for me....and I am spending it with CBL. We are moving his daughter from her dorm to an apartment this morning...and then we have the rest of the day to just play. I may not get back for personals...if not...I will see you all tomorrow.

Wendy...
Not to worry...CBL is coming to Toronto....but I would have never stood up you and Eoin! I was coming to the workshop no matter what. I will have to let you know later what hotel we are staying in.

Jeanette...
I got your email....I will reply later today if I have the chance. Hope you and your family are still doing okay. I am voting you do PP or SS today!! Fun and to the point with good music!

Okay...gotta run...kisses to all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra, have a good, productive day of moving, then playing! You must be a mind reader because I too was thinking PP/SS. Was wondering if there was some premix combining the two. I'll have to check.

BBL,

Jeanette

Morning Everyone

You know I almost did PP last night too but went back to Jari's GR. Great minds think alike.

I w/o'd while DS played in the room with me. I thought this w/o lent itself to being interrrupted or having someone crawl over you while doing bench presses:p Didn't have time to do abs but wil tack them on tonight with my cardio. Think I will try TJ CP#2.

Wendy - my bike is a Norco BushPilot and about 10yrs old but still in good working order. Koodos for your MIL on the computer. My Mom got on it in her early 70's too but just for email. I was going to say I'm not sure she knows how to surf but I remember her looking up my flight arrival times when I visited in Florida a few years ago so she knows her way around the net a bit! She wanted and got a GPS for XMAS and thinks that's just the cats meow.

Debra - sounds like a fun day w/CBL.

Jeanette - only a few more days to your Tri. Are you now resting until then?

Hi to Everyone else today.

Wendy - just back from reading your post over at VF. Very nicely said. We don't have excercise tv here but on digital cable there is excercise on demand so I took a look and previewed the 4 shows they had and they were just awful. As if a home video. Then I see the DVD's are for sale at our local Zellers. So glad I didn't waste my $$ on them.

Its unfortunate that when it comes to DVD type media you can't return due to the issue of people possibly copying them 1st.

;(

Morning again,
Today was Supersets Upper Body Premix, then added abs on from SS. Nice and done in less than 45 minutes. Have a nice burn going too. I may do an easy bike spin tonite. I'd really like to go hit some golf balls and practice putting, then bike ride tomorrow nite. We'll see.

Debra, nice recommendation to do a premix. Supersets was just right! Cathe is just so cheery (in a good way) on the Body Blast series. Hope the move goes well. Does CBL only have the one child?

Patricia, LOL about being crawled on during bench press. I don't have any little ones, but occasionally our German Shorthair will come and try to give me a kiss when I'm prone. Enjoy CP#2 tonite. Yes, I'm resting my legs in anticipation of the tri on Sunday. Spinning will be good, just nothing tough before then.

Hi to everyone following!

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was Kimberly Spreens Cardio-Camp. Will get in the BBC Arms & Abs weight work tonight.

Busy night for me tonight. Youngest DD has her recital rehearsal tonight, so I came into work a little early. I have to pick Cami up from doggie daycare, head home to get DD's hair in a bun, head to church to set up communion, pick oldest DD up when she is done helping at a track meet, head back to church to clean up the communion settings and after that I think I can get my workout in. Hopefully I will have time to eat at some point. :7 :7 Just glad that DH is taking youngest to her practice tonight.

Jeanette, Yes Highland dancing is exactly like River Dance they call it Irish dancing here, but they have specific outfits and wigs they have to wear. Here is a link to the one here in Milwaukee, which happens to be one of the best dance companies in the world. http://www.trinity-dancers.com/ This is the one that DH's cousins are in. Sounds like you had a good workout today, and I did an LOL about your dog giving you kisses. Cami does the same thing. :7 :7 :7 I am going to be calling the winery, and hopefully they will agree with the NASCAR thing.

Debra, DH and I had some of the Sangiovese last night, and DH really liked it. :9 Of course I loved it too, and tasted just great with the meal we had. Is CBL's daughter finished with school, or is she just ready to move out of the dorms. Enjoy your play time after all the moving. :D

Patricia, How do you like Jari Love. I just couldn't get into her workouts. Glad you got in a workout, and had to LOL about the crawling child. :D :D Has your week de-stressed a little?

Wendy, I have to make some Strawberry shortcake this weekend, because it just sounds to good. I also looked at my rhubarb plant, and would like to make a pie or something out of that too. Sorry to hear that you where sick. I think your response on VF was just right. And I totally agree with you on every aspect of what you wrote. I checked those out on Exercise TV too. x( That show has to be all hipe. I paged through an old issue of Oxy Mag, and saw the young lady that they where gossiping about. She was the model that was showing the moves. Get those BBC workouts out of your house!!!! :7 :7 :7

Well I better get to work,

Laurie

I'm LATE!!! I've gotta grab some toe nail polish before art class!!!

Jeanette: I caught up on a little personals last night after you most likely went to bed. Thinking of my personal to you last night, I have to say that I don't think your mom fears the internet. I just have some older people in my life, who I love dearly, who fear it. Just thought I'd clarify.

Okay ladies, I'll have to catch up on personals after art class.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Wendy, I'm just walking out the door and saw your post from last night. I'll chat back with you later tonite!! Gotta go now to bring home the bacon and hope DH can fry it up in a pan cuz Lord knows I don't want to. Actually, dinner last night for me was a frozen yogurt, with toppings. Yumm! Not sure what he had. I'm a baaaaad wife.

Jeanette

Jeanette - LOL about dinner. DH always asks me whats for dinner and I look at him strange. Like - your the cook you tell me! I guess as long as I keep the cupboards stocked and get to pick whats for dinner just not cook it I have a good deal. I have a cat and as soon as you get down on the floor she's all over you and another one we had would sometime sit on my step just as I'm starting to use it. They don't come near you when you want them too.

Laurie - I don't care for Jari's other DVD's but just tried GR this past week and enjoy it. You can go heavier and not repped to death. I may start doing my own WU as I don't like WU with weights the way she does. Yikes a busy night tonight for you. I'm so glad I had a boy as I have no idea how to do a bun. I can barely pull my hair back in a poney tail. My mouth is watering att he mention of rhubarb. Strawberry/rhubarb pie is my favourite or a rhubarb crisp with ice cream.....:) :) :)

Hi everyone!! I finished my mini-assignments this morning, and have some breathing space today. I'm still plugging away with my P90X+ classic rotation. I'm in Week 2. Last week I did all of the P90X+ workouts as suggested, with a bit of extra cardio, lower body work, and yoga thrown in for good measure. This week I'm staying with the weight work, but subbing the P90X+ cardio with some Cathe and Amy. In lieu of IntervalX+ yesterday I did Hardcore Extreme #2. I tell ya, it's such a comforting feeling to see Cathe when I turn on a video. Today I did Total Body+ and 4DS Lower Body premix. Tomorrow I'll do some or all of Amy B's Hi/lo Knockout - just because I really like the outfits and the music! Yes, I know what's important LOL!!!

Jeanette - have there been funeral services for your grandmother already? I know you're planning a memorial service on her birthday in June; just wondering if there's a funeral service as well? Did you inherit anything meaningful from her? There's no premix that combines PP/SS, but aaaaages (years) ago, someone posted a workout that does so, using the mix'n'match feature. I printed it off. If I get a chance I'll look it up in my binder and do a search for it. I was very impressed with your speed the other day. My 1 hr & 51mins only covered 31kms. I took one 5min break. But that still works out to a speed of about 10miles/hour. Does the fact that I was alone, going into a strong headwind the whole way, make a significant difference to my speed? Or should I just accept that right now I'm a slow rider?

Debra - I'm vaguely aware that your educational plans have gone wrong for the right reasons. I'll bet you have the summer of a lifetime! Looks like a whole group of you are headed to Toronto next month. Lucky ducks! And lest you worry, it will be HOT and HUMID! Toronto's right on the shores of Lake Ontario, and there's a lovely island for you all to visit. It's a small island, and essentially one big lovely park. Is the diva coming too? There's always Paramount Wonderland, or whatever they're calling it these days....

Patricia - Hola! Did DS join in with you?

Laurie - Congratulations to DD on moving up a level in dance!! When's the recital? Here's a solution: strawberry-rhubarb pie!!! My very favourite! If your rhubarb is ready, then ours probably is, too. I should scout some out.

Wendy - So, you're making some waves over on VF too, huh? Heh heh. I can only imagine ;)

Time to hit the showers. It's only 12:30pm (rolling eyes at self). I have to pick DD#1 up from school this afternoon for another session of dental-trauma-deconditioning. Joy. Oh, did I mention already that this same DD woke up on Tuesday morning completely covered in a rash??? We have no idea why. The doctor couldn't figure it out, either. I could be a strepp virus, but we're still waiting on the test results for that. I'm thinking it's an allergic reaction to.....something. Oy.

Have a great day!
Sandra

I thought it only fair to do the three remaining Jackie Warner Workout workouts on Exercise TV. Well, the form really didn't matter much while actually doing the exercises considering I wasn't watching the tv. However, the rep pace was a problem when I followed along on tv or didn't glance up at the tv. Jackie doesn't count the reps aloud nor does the music tempo give any indication of the proper rep pace. You're basically on your own there. It reminds me of a fast pace, low weight, as many reps as you can muster in a minute type of workout. Perfect for a rehab patient such as myself.}( After a round of three of these types of exercises, you do 30 seconds to a minute of a intermediate plyo exercise. Some of them were the same as the ones in the X. There are 4 rounds total since there are four trainers. I thought the break between each trainer coming and going would be annoying. But, it was nice mini rest. My heart rate didn't go up too high. I did break a sweat with the weighted lunges and squats. The upper body workout was EASY! And that's coming from an Injury Lister!!! I used 5 to 12 pounds depending on the exercise. I would have to rate this as an intermediate workout. Perfect for those days you don't want to work hard, but want to warm up for a Eoin yoga flow. Which, of course, I did afterwards.

I've gotta hit the shower. I want to clean my face with my new MyChelle sampler kit. Then, I've gotta make some more waves over at VF. I've gotta eat dinner and head off to my massage. I'll try to make it back before I leave. If not, I'll chat when I get home.

Sandra! I'm so glad to see you surfaced for some air!!!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

I just thought I'd pop in to say hi. I'm waiting for DS to finish something he's doing with the truck, then I'm going to go run. I'm still plugging away on the June 07 rotation. Adding the running in has definitely made it more intense for me. This week was particularly hard with PUB, PLB, HSC, and PH. DS and I shaved 10 minutes off of our last run, so we were happy about that. He's gone for 10 days, so I'm running alone again:( I'm back to adding in core+ too. The standing and hanging core work just hits my abs better than the supine stuff. Maybe it's all in my head.....

It looks like everyone is plugging along. That's just about what's going on here.

Tracy

Hi all...Just stopping by while CBL is running an errand. I will have to catch up on personals tomorrow. No workout for me today..well, except moving CBL's daughter. She is moving from the dorm to an apartment for summer....then she will go back to the dorms this fall for her senior year. She is studying to be an elementary school teacher.

I don't think I have anything too crazy going on tomorrow. The Diva is headed to my mom's for the night and my high school boyfriend and his wife are joining CBL for dinner at my place tomorrow night. That sounds a bit complicated, doesn't it?? LOL!

Okay..off to finish up tonight's dinner...tacos!! Hope everyone has a great night!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Evening Girls:

Did TJ CP#2 tonight and it was fun. My stress at work has eased off somewhat thankfully and now going in to a long weekend YEAH, forcast looks like rain, BOOOO;( Might make a trip to Costco then.

Debra - your dinner tomorrow night sounds a bit odd but hey it was your high school BF so not so weird I guess. My ex BF is still in my group of friends and even though he is married w/kids too it still feels uncomfortable when we get together as a group.

Sandra - glad things are going well with you. Hopefully you get a break over the long weekend. Hope the rash doesn't get to bad on DD.

Traci - good to hear from you and glad you're keeping up with your w/o's.

Okay, I'm beat time to hit the hay.

Hi girls,
Day flew by at work today. Heard about my promotion finally. They have backdated it to 11/30/07, but I still haven't seen any money, nor will I until probably the end of June! Talk about the bogged down state system! Our personnel office is so far behind it's pathetic. Oh well, I'm okay with it as long as the promotion was backdated. Then, I check the mail on the way home and there is a bill from the California State Franchise board saying I owe $105 and it's due by next week sometime. I look back at what I paid for taxes in April and sure enough, I paid that amount. I called the bank to see if the check was cashed and sure enough, yes it was. I'll get a copy of it and send it in. Sheesh!

Took a little snooze on the couch, then visited outside with DH for a while, then fired up the lawn mower and mowed front and back lawns. After that, hit some golf whiffle balls. Tomorrow night will be the easy bike spin and cleaning my bike, packing stuff up for my trip to the valley for the tri.

Wendy, those 2 dings in the door of the Jeep have been there for almost 2 years. DH's pet peeve are dings and dents in our cars. He's been ragging on me to get it fixed so I finally have initiated it. I want to take this Jeep off of full coverage after the door is fixed as we now have the Honda on it too. We have waaaaay too many cars, registrations, insurances. My Mom does pretty good with the internet but when it comes to taking care of matters where you have to talk to someone to straighten something out, she acts like an ostrich and just doesn't deal with it. I think it would have been good for her to get a part time job in an office somewhere so she would have to deal with the phones, etc. Which thread did you contribute to on VF? I'll have to go check again. I read VF but have rarely posted anything. I'm not even sure I'm registered. When my Mom first got a computer in 2000, she was scared to death of it. I told her she needed to pour herself a glass of wine, relax and play solitaire to get used to the mouse (her hand was clenched like a claw around it, she was so tense). Okay, a few months went by and she calls me and says she's taking apart the mouse and cleaning it. I said What???? Why??? She said, oh I was playing solitaire the other night and spilled my wine all over the mouse. I told her, that's enough relaxation for you!

Laurie, how was your busy day? My head is spinning just reading about all that you have to do. Hope the recital practice went well. I hope that Childress sends the wine to you. They need to keep you as a customer.

Patricia, my DH is the cook in our family, except when we are camping. I love to cook then! We are going camping next weekend and DH and I were planning our camping meals. Not really meals, but what we will be BBQing. I really, really need to go grocery shopping. It is Mother Hubbard's cupboard in there. What province do you live in? You sure need more good weather. Enjoy Costco. I need to hit it sometime. It's not in our town (80 miles away). Nice having the stress at work over with. 4:00 can't come too soon for me tomorrow.

Sandra, so good to hear from you! No funeral service for Grandma. She was cremated so no need to do something right away. She's not from this town and really, she outlived all her friends in her hometown. Most all of her family is right here so we're waiting until her birthday in June for the memorial. Will probably be a BBQ with some formal talk time about Grandma. My niece's FIL is a preacher and I think he'll do some kind of prayer/talk about Grandma. I haven't received anything memorable from Grandma yet, but I think there is something in the will like a silver tea set or something for me. I printed out the PP/SS rotation. Looks absolutely fantastic! Oh, headwinds really take a toll on your average speed, big time!!! If I have to ride in a stiff wind, I'll try to plan it so that I'm coming back with a tailwind. Hills will really lower your average speed. Somehow, the downhill speed doesn't make up for the slow uphill. Keep at it, you'll get faster and faster. Everyone starts out slower, but you WILL get faster. No doubt! Tomorrow will be an easy spin in my middle chain ring only. I want fresh, fresh legs for Sunday so I can push, push, push!!! Hope your DD's rash is gone. I remember having some mystery rash when I was young. It never came back again.

Tracy, glad you popped in. Do you have a big vacation trip planned this year? Something with hiking involved? Seems like your DH was getting in shape for it earlier?

Debra, glad you got CBL's DD moved. That's admirable that she wants to be a teacher. Not an easy job for sure. I have a friend that is an elementary school teacher. She spends HOURS grading papers. In fact, she is going to put in to work out at the prison instead as her elementary school job just requires too much time. Sad, plus they make much more money out at the prison. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Better get a move on, night night.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.