~~~~Coolers in September~~~

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Coolers,

Yes it is September! I'm feeling like a new person this morning, it rained during the night! :D Yesterday was my worst day for sinus pressure, guess it was because of the front that was coming. I slept through the night, and I don't think it was all because DH was in Minneapolis. :D (No snoring!) Todays workout was 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Fat Burner. I liked three of the five sections, the other two where more dancey moves. Not my cup of tea. Good thing this DVD lets you program the sections that you want to do.

Kim, Progress is happening on the house! :) Usually I get relief when we have the first hard frost.

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers,

Today was yoga day so I did Long & Lean Yoga with Baron Baptiste. Really got the blood pumping.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for starting the September checkin Laurie. Glad that you're starting to feel better Laurie! Are you looking forward to the last weekend at the faire.

Sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. I am really craving some sort of routine here, next week school starts and I will get organized! Very little exercise for me lately.

Last night DH's dad was in from out of province and there was a big family dinner for that side of the family. We don't see that side of the family very often as DH's parents divorced when he was young and his dad moved a long ways away. So he visits once a year and we usually see everyone including aunts/uncles/grandma(who is 94) at that time.

Looks like they might start shingling the roof of our new home today!:D

Guess some kids really didn't want to go back to school next week. There was a fire in the kids "old" school just a block away from here. Three classrooms were lost due to arson:( How terrible for the school. It's a huge school(1500 kids) so they will be able to start next week as planned. The kids went to check it out yesterday:rolleyes:

So we have decided to have the kids start in the "new" school close to the new house. I had registered them there because initially we were supposed to get the house in September:confused: :rolleyes: I'm still hoping we'll get the house before Christmas and I don't want them to switch schools mid year. So that means I have to drive the kids every day!! So my routine is really going to change. I work parttime and the hospital is fairly flexible. So instead of working long days (7:30-4 and having Fridays and some Thursdays off) I'm going to work 5 days a week but very short days(9:15-3).

My plan is to continue to get up at 6 am and do my workout then:D:confused: then wake up kids at 7:30, leave by 8:15 and drop them off for the start of school at 8:50 on the other side of the city. Then go to work for 9:30. I'm not really looking forward to all the driving and no Fridays off so hopefully we move soon.

This is my last Friday off for now so lots of errands to do, haircuts for kids, some school supply shopping, etc.

I am going to do the September rotation and get started today. We still have a few weekends away so will have some gaps in it but that's okay. The first week is lots of Body BLast workouts which I just did but at least they're fun workouts. So today is SJP.

Morning Coolers,

Last night I was feeling really good, so I decided to put Circuit Max into my VCR! :eek: I will have to get that one on DVD. This morning was MMA Fusion.

It is suppose to be a very nice weekend (no humidity), so I'm hoping that it will be not so draining at faire. I think that we need that with all the humidity that we have endured this year.

Kim, Very good idea to have them go to the new school. It will be tough until you get into your new house, but your kids certainly will benifit. I looked at that Sept rotation. Have fun with SJP! Sounds like a nice dinner you had.

Have a great weekend!

Enjoy the last weekend of the faire Laurie! Do you get Monday as a holiday?? Patrica, hope you're having a great vacation and that we see you back soon!

We're heading up to the cottage for the Labour day weekend, Monday is a holiday and we'll come back sometime then. I was going to do Leaner Legs this morning but I have tons of things I want to do before heading out. We need to pop up the camper and clean it out for storage. We were going to do it during the week but it rained a lot. Also want to prep some veggies so I can make soup at the cottage but easier to do some of the prep at home in the full kitchen.

We went out to dinner with a group of friends last night, lots of fun! During the day I shopped for school supplies :confused::confused: I can't believe the money I spent!!! Then more money for back to school haircuts!!! I came home and spent a couple of hours in my neglected garden, weeding/cleaning. Still getting lots of veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, carrots, beets)

Have a great weekend!

Did Leaner Legs this morning as I didn't have to be at work till later and the kids don't start school till tomorrow. I think the kids are a little nervous about the new school.

Hey Coolers in September

Can't believe how time has just flown by this summer! We had a great vacation at the cottage. It was almost too hot and HUMID. It turned cold for the weekend so we came home on Sat. afternoon. I spent Sun. washing all the upstairs windows and screens, then off to dinner at friends. Monday I went into work to get caught up. We're headed into Year-end so busy time for me until November now.

I took BBC to the cottage and worked out a lot of the days. It's good for small spaces. After one of the evening workouts I was dripping in so much sweat I just changed into my bathing suit and cooled off in the lake.:)

I hadn't done any step it what seems like FOREVER so did BM2 cardio tonight. My step was slipper for some reason and I didn't feel safe. 1st time I had that problem. I have a spare and will try it the next time.

Trying to decide what to do next. Will take a look at the Sept rotation. I need a 5 day rotation though.

Kim - glad to hear you're getting shingles (in a good way:)) Yuck on the a.m. workouts. Do you have energy in the a.m. as you seem to work out in the p.m.s like me. I think I would like your hours. I'd work 5 days a week if it meant getting off by 3pm. ;) What the heck on the fire!

Laurie - it's Tuesday and you're already talking about the weekend:D:) That's okay, we went grocery shopping tonight and didn't bother buying too much as it's only 2 more dinners to cook b/4 the weekend. Hows that for my logic! I hear you on the humidity. It actually wasn't pleasant in the evenings at the cottage. We went shopping one day just to get some a/c relief.

Drove up to NB to check on our house one last time. The close date has moved from Oct. 1st now to Sept. 17th so we're happy.

DS had a 1/2hr appt to meet his SK teacher today. Then a graduated entrance into school. He'll go 1/2 day next Tues. then start full days next Friday. Still only Tues/Thurs and alt. Friday. I was soo hoping for 5 full days to help out with the daycare but I guess not until grade 1. Some schools are doing 5-full days at the SK level but not ours.

Glad you had a good vacation Patricia! Nice way to end off the summer!

DD woke up this morning crying as she was so nervous about the new school. She was fine when I picked her up sounds like it went well. DS seemed to know lots of people already from facebook:confused::confused:

Got an email that dd won a $100 gift certificate from American Girl from filling out a survery about our recent experience. :D

I did Step Blast this morning, great to have my workouts done early but I am tired by the evening.

Thats terrific news on the G.C.Hopefully it made DD day after being scared. I hear you on being tired at night. I was almost thinking of getting up at 5:30 to get in a 1/2hr cardio but NOT.

I just finished Pyramid UB -up premix with abs.

I'm feeling down. Just got back from Walmart looking for dress pants and can't find anything that fit and I had to go up 2 sizes to get anything close.:mad: What's with that. I'm the same weight and don't feel any heavier....grrrr

Off to get ready for bed.

Morning Coolers,

Sorry to be MIA for a couple of days, but I was recovering on Tuesday, and Wednesday I spent the whole day cleaning the house. I got a surprise from the oldest, we hosted a spagetti dinner last night for the girls cross country team. I was very happy that the house wasn't as bad as I thought from the summer neglect. :D Anyway this morning I did my normal yoga workout with One on One Fountain of Youth with Tony.

Patricia, Glad you had a good time while on vacation. BBC is wonderful for getting in a workout in a small space. I've only been at work for an hour, and I'm already looking forward to a Saturday morning where I don't need to wake up at 5am! :D I think the dog is the one that will be waking everyone up on Saturday. :eek:

Kim, Congrats on the gift certificate! I'm sure that your DD will do fine making some new friends. Always is strange to start in a new school. So your DS new a lot of people from his new school through FB! :confused: Mixed emotions are probably something that we all deal with when they get on that site.

Have a wonderful day!

What a busy few days you had Laurie! I'm sure you're going to enjoy a relaxing Saturday morning! How did the first day of school go for your dds?? I think what happened is that some of the kids noticed a new name on the class list and started asking their friends if they knew who it was. My nephew goes to that school and he posted a picture of ds so kids were recogning him and saying Hi, kind of nice for him actually. Life has changed, hasn't it??

Did a 45 min tm run and the weight/plate abs from Ab Circuits this morning. I am tired I think my body just needs to get used to this new routine. The kids both want to go to cross country practice tomorrow morning before school so will try and get KPC in but might be tight. I guess I'll end up at work early as I'm not driving all the way home again. :confused:

Wish me luck, tomorrow I am taking 5 little girls for a sleepover at a hotel. It's a belated birthday party for dd. I left it till this week as I thought she might need to see her old friends after a few days at her new school. It's at a hotel with a waterslide and kid's theme rooms with bunk beds.

So Patricia, are your old pants too tight?? Maybe it's just the sizing. Is ds excited about starting school? Did you find daycare for the other days?? I'm okay with working out in the morning, I just can't think about it too much before getting out of bed.;) I'm getting up at the same time just going to work 2 hours later.

Evening Coolers

Pyramid Legs Up premix done! Really busy at work these days as heading into year-end so been leaving work a bit later than usual. Just me and DS for the weekend as its a guys weekend to work at the cottage:p I don't mind staying at home now as the weather isn't the greatest lately.

Kim - the sleep over sounds like a lot of fun. DS will be taking swimming lessons this fall and I showed him the pool. He is scared b/c there is a big slide. I told him he won't be going anywhere near it. He has a healthy respect for the water so I don't worry turning my back on him at the cottage.

Laurie - I hear you on the house cleaning. I swear we're the only ones who see the dirt in our houses. Guests really don't see what we think they do!

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was Your Body Breakthrough Circuit with Michelle Dozois. I'm looking forward to the reviews of her new Peak 10.

Kim, The girls first day went really well, oldest DD is changing her Algebra 2 class to Advanced Algebra. She doesn't like the way the teacher teaches, so going to the Advanced course will be better for her. For her if the teachers style doesn't work for her, then she gets horrible grades. :rolleyes: The sleepover sounds like a great time. That is very cool that your ds got such a nice introduction into the new school. My youngest has decided that she will not be doing cross country this year, she is looking forward to her pointe class in ballet.

Patricia, Sounds like you are going to have a nice weekend too. One good thing about getting all the housework done on Wednesday, I don't have that to look forward to it this weekend. I can sit on my butt, and do a little reading too.

Have a great day!

Evening Coolers
Just finished Double Wave Pyramid Hiit. 1st time I've done that. Very doable but tough.

Laurie - Algebra - so much fun. :p:D From someone who likes math:p She can already tell she won't like her teach eh? I didn't know you owned any of Michelle's workout outs. I have the YBB and one day will commit to doing a real rotation the way they're meant to be. I've seen talk about Peak 10 and it looks interesting.

Off to put the little guy to bed.

Well, I survived the birthday party. The girls swam all evening on Friday!! They were all asleep by 1:30 so not too bad. Of course they all had to swim Saturday morning again. Overall went really well, they all got along and seem to have a great time!

I was home by noon yesterday but just feeling out of sorts maybe lack of sleep. I was just headachy all day so didn't workout. Spent a couple of hours on the computer planning a Disney vacation for a friend.:D
Going to get going on Legs & Glutes this morning, at this rate I'm going to finish the September rotation in mid October. :confused:

This afternoon we're going to the Banjo Bowl which is the big rivalry football game between the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Our team doesn't stand a chance but it's always very wild and lots of fun.

Patricia I like the double wave HITT, fun little workout. That's great that your ds will do swimming lessons. As a former lifeguard/swim instructor it's something near to my heart. Being at the cottage so much it's important to be a strong swimmer.

Laurie My ds was laughing at the new school crosscountry team. I think this school is very small and not athletics focused. He said he was easily the fastest there and at his old school there were quite a few faster then him. Are you enjoying the free weekend??

Afternoon Coolers

I just completed GS - Legs. I've had GS for several years and I think I've only ever did this one once. I'm going to do (note the positiveness) the Dec 06 rotation. It's for strength and fat loss, both of which are my goals.

I took a rest day yesterday. My legs were killing me from the Double Wave w/o. I could barely squat :eek: Spent the day watching a GF play BB in a tournament. Both DS and I were tired by the end of the day from all the fresh air. I was tired just watching:p

Hope you're feeling better today Kim. Maybe you're just feeling it from all the a.m. workouts that your body is not so used to.

Off to play outside and then think about dinner

Morning Coolers,

No workouts for me this weekend, just not motivated! But I'm able to say that on a Monday morning I worked my butt/legs off. :D I did Leaner Legs, and after each set of calf raises inserted two of the one minute cardio segments from Bootcamp. I'm feeling my lower body as I sit here at my desk. :eek:

Patricia, Double Wave Hiit is my favorite of the three! WTG on your workouts, sounds like the Dec 06 rotation will be a good one to try. The one I'm currently trying is her Nov '03 rotation called All Circuits. I'm changing some of the workouts, but trying to stick to what she has posted. The outdoor workout will probably be done indoors, I'm afraid that the skunk might show up when I'm not expecting it. :D

Kim, So glad you survived the all girl party! Hope you are feeling better today. That is to bad about the cc team for your ds, it is always nice to have some coaches that understand what needs to be done before High School starts. I really did enjoy my free weekend. It started out with me making breakfast, and then oldest DD needed help with making Puppy Chow and Krumble Bar Tooties for her boyfriend. After that I did the dishes, and then made lunch. DH and I sat on the couch for the rest of the day watching Westerns on TV, and then the race that night. Sunday was a Football watching day for me. So my butt was pretty much attached to the couch. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie - I like your kind of weekends. I can't say I did a real lot either other than sitting on my butt:D Good for you on inserting extra cardio - I sure wouldn't:D LOL about the skunk. My neighbour told me tonight he saw a couple last night while sitting on his porch. We get lots of bunny rabbits around here which I don't mind by no thank-you for the skunks:eek:

Well, I survived DM - cardio blast - never my favourite. My legs are giving me so much DOMS it isn't funny. At least it's UB tomorrow so they will get a rest. Also did LIC - Abs - not my favourite either. Glad to get the ugly w/os in early in the week;):D

Waving hi to Kim

Did 4DS HIS this morning. Cathe has terrible cueing on the step part of this workout. So far no trouble getting up in the mornings, sure is nice to have more free time in the evenings.

Patricia GSL legs is one of those workouts that has a huge dread factor for me. Hope the DOMS is better for you soon! How is ds liking Kindergarten??

Laurie We all need weekends like that!! I'm sure you really need one after all the faire weekends. You were creative with your workout today!

Speaking of skunks, there has been a roadkill one about 1/2 mile from here since Friday and it still stinks everytime you drive by. That is a powerful stench!

Morning Coolers,

Another mish-mosh for me. I did CTX 10-10-10, and after each cardio segment I inserted a CTX weight section. So I also did CTX Back, Chest & Shoulders. Such a great way to make a circuit.

Patricia, WTG getting those dreaded workouts out of the way. I'm still deciding if I will change Bodymax for Bodymax 2 in this rotation. I'm not a huge fan of some of the step in BM. :eek: Hope you enjoy your upper body work today.

Kim, I have never attempted that step workout, I know that my feet wouldn't be able to handle it. :D WTG on getting the workout done in the mornings. Yep those skunks are stinky, smelt the dang thing again this morning as I was coming out of the garage. :p

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.