~~~~Coolers in February~~~

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Coolers,

Well I pushed my Sunday run to Mondy, because DH and I decided that we needed to work on organizing our closets. So we had a couple of bags that need to go to charity. We also decided that it was about time to update the color in our bedroom. I also want to change the bedroom around, so the room is also going to get a good cleaning also. You would think it was spring. :eek: This morning was W9D1 of GW28K, and when I get home I'm hoping to get in Barry's Bootcamp Extreme 1000.

I have gotten through the reading material that came with Insanity, but have not previewed anything yet. I plan on starting Insanity on the 15th, so I have some time to check them out.

Kim, WTG on getting though Meso 1. Did you manage to have a relaxing Sunday? I think that DH was a little upset with me, because he wanted to go practice some dances for faire. :p I think my idea was a bigger benefit to us. :D

Patricia, Is your DS feeling better yet? You are going to have a great time in FL, is DS getting excited? My girls would be asking when we would be leaving. :eek:

Have a great day!

Last edited:
What a busy day for you Laurie! Are you painting your bedroom, what colour?

Patricia, hope everyone is feeling better before you leave on your trip! The Spiderman breakfast is at Universal someone. I'll see if I can find the info for you.

Yestday we ended up looking at houses. Sort of playing with the idea of building a house. Still just an idea but it sure was fun looking at show homes. Might go to one more tonight.

Morning Coolers,

Was a bit tired last night, so my workout was Barry's Extreme 1000 workout. I only burned about 215 cal on this, so will get in a kickboxing workout after work.

Kim, I had such a great time looking at all the show houses before we built our current house. At first we thought we wouldn't be able to afford to build, but then we found a builder that included everything with a great price. Best purchase we ever did, and that was 13 years ago. ;) Guess that is why I'm painting. :eek: :D I have had this plum/green stripped material for about 2-3 years now, and we are finally going to get the curtains made. So we got a dark plum that we will put at the end walls, and a med/light green that will go on the inside walls. We were at Wallmart, and they had a comforter that was a perfect green. So I'm sure that some pillows will have to be made also. :D

Patricia, Bet you are just busy getting ready for your trip. :D

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers

I can't believe it's Feb already! Yesterday I did SS - Tone it Up then DH came home to look after DS after lunch so I could get a 1/2 day in at work. DS is feeling better today so will send him to JK tomorrow. I'll stay home all day today and will get some sort of w/o in this afternoon. I've been working remotely from home to stay on top of things.

Laurie - who says you have to wait until the spring to do some cleaning and reorganzing. It's fun giving a room a fresh new look. I've been dreading painting our bedroom b/c our bed is a heavy wood set and not something I can move around on my own so just keep putting it off. Now that we're moving I guess it'll never get done:D I have put in an order with my Mom to quilt a Transformer bed quilt for DS for his new bedroom this summer. I'm ready to get rid of his Cars theme.

Kim - a new home sounds like a great idea. I've been on MLS for the last 2 years watching the market and its fun looking into what others have done.

Patricia, I spoke with my sister, she thought the character breakfast at Universal was great. She said the food was ver good and there was very few people there. Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and 2 were there and spent lots of time interacting with the kids. She said it was $72 for the 4 of them and that included tip and tax. It's on Sundays and Thursdays from 9-10:30 BUT you do need a ticket to get into Isles of Adventure. So probably only worth it if you were going to the park for the day. The number to reserve is (407)2244012 The hotels often have different characters in the dining rooms in the evening but it changes constantly but you can phone and see if there is anycharacter at the hotel restaurant that night ( you don't need a theme park ticket) (407)503 DINE

Morning Coolers,

This morning I finished W9D2 of GW28K on the treadmill. Last night was Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp, and I forgot how many lunges/squats she did in that one, so I think my legs where a little fatigued for my run this morning. I finished, but it was a tough 5.8 miles. :p

Patricia, Maybe if I start spring cleaning in January, then spring will be here faster! :D I think the Transformer theme would be really cute, and of course your DS is getting older. :D Wait until those heavy metal posters start appearing on his walls. :rolleyes: So happy to hear that he is feeling better.

Kim, I'm going to have you as my travel agent when I'm heading to FL again. :D ;)

Have a great day!

Kim - thanks for the info - I think we've pretty decided to go to Universal so I'll be sure to check out the breakfast. BTW, our company just announced we will be building your new Disraeli Bridge (did I get the name right?).

Laurie - how do you like Kimberly Spreen? I've got her CIA Bodycombat Surge w/o (title???) I love the use of the body bar or in my case a broom stick. Great for taking out some agression:D

Oh, that would be a big project Patricia!! Good news for your company.

I've spent way too much time on the computer, doing house research, different developments, schools, etc so have to get dd off to bed. I think I'm getting an idea of what I would like. Maybe will go see some more showhomes on the weekend.

Started mesocycle 2 with HITT 30/30 and medicine ball abs. It felt good to be working out again. I only took 3 days off as I want to finish the 3 month rotation before spring break in case we go away for a few days (depends if ds has a hockey tournament)

Laurie, I have to tell you that I'm impressed with your running mileage! I should try and get some running back into my schedule. My running buddies have already been bugging me about races and I haven't ran for months. Haven't really missed it either.

I love planning Disney trips, let me know if you're going!! I often help friends plan details, like which parks which days, restaurants they would like,etc. The girls at work always tell me I should start a little business. I think at my age there are just so many people taking there kids to Disney and it's very overwhelming. I've been there many times and I love helping people sort out the details, many details they don't even know needed sorted out. A good friend is leaving on Friday and I've been helping her plan for months so I won't have a Disney project to work on.:(

No early spring for us according to the groundhog, Laurie!

Morning Coolers,

This morning was Bootcamp, and I really enjoyed it. Have either of you done the Bonus Combo that incorporates BC and ME? I was just wondering how long that workout was.

Patricia, I have almost everyone of Kimberly's workouts (except for the one you have, still on my wish list :D), and she uses the bodybar in most of them. Kickbox Bootcamp & Absolute Kickboxing (this one is my fav.). Absolute Kickboxing has a kickboxing round with cardio, then she uses the bodybar, kickbox/cardio round to bodybar. I think that there are three rounds altogether. There are also premixes that just have the kickboxing & cardio, and bodybar & cardio. I use a 9lb weighted bodybar, and that really gets your shoulders worked. Highly recommed. :D The only ones of hers that I don't use to often are the strength ones. :( Not as good as her kickboxing. :D

Kim, According to our groundhog we are suppose to have an early spring. :eek: :D I don't know when that dang groundhog has been correct. :D I'm going to be taking a break from running while doing Insanity, but hopefully will be ready once I'm finished. I know that I was putting on the miles about a couple of years ago, and I think that I burned myself out. ;) Will remember to ask questions when we plan on going to Disney again. We first want to head to England. :)

Have a great day!

Evening Coolers

Just relaxing here and trying to think about what I still need to pack. I did SS - Shape it Up tonight and did some step cardio last night. Probably won't get another w/o in until Sat. at the earliest. I packed Travel Fit, SS - Firm it Up (a leg w/o with no weights) and Charlene Prickets - low impact cardio from her t.v. series. These are all low impact and take little space. DS is feeling better, but being back at daycare or J.k. the last 2 days has tired him out so perfect timing for a vacation. Our flight is at 7:30am (I think) on Sat. so up early to get to the airport. We'll stay in a hotel Fri. night and leave our car in their parking lot.

Laurie - Hmm, I think I'll look into some more of Kimberly's KB. It will help justify my desire for a body bar. I wondered if 9#s would be too heavy but that almost sounds like a common weight.

Kim - I do have airmiles but I guess it will be too late to redeem them. Wouldn't I have to pre-order the tickets? DH was looking on-line tonight at the hockey game schedule for Tampa. So we might end up there. Did you increase your weights for M1 from the last time you did it?

Might not be back on-line until Sat.

Morning Coolers,

Today was W9D3 of GW28K, so only one more week left of running. :D Taking the girls to get their new track shoes tonight, and picking myself up a pair of new running shoes too. ;) Have been putting it off for far to long.

Patricia, Have a great time this weekend, and I wish it was me. Will be watching the race on TV though. ;) I have never had a problem with the 9# weight, and that is the highest that Kimberly recommends for the workouts. I don't have a fancy one, I just got it from Sports Authority. It is a pipe covered with soft foam. For sure check out Absolute Kickboxing, because that one is really good.

Have a great day!

Have a great time Patricia!! I'm so impressed that you're packing workout videos for your vacation. I always figure the walking/swimming is good enough for the week! Yes, the airmiles have to be redeemed ahead of time, I didn't realize that you were leaving this weekend!!

I'm not sure if my meso 1 weights are higher but the workouts card seem just right! I didn't change anything before I started this time but I know I did some tinkering at the end of the last round. DH and I did the first STS workout from the meso 2 last night. He really enjoyed that format.

Laurie, I haven't done the BC/ME bonus combo. I only had it on VHS till very recently when it was the weekly deal and I ordered a dvd copy. Get yourself some good running shoes, so important to avoid injuries!

I have Friday and Monday off work and not much on the agenda. We might do a little more about the house hunting. I have a head cold and hope to just take it easy a bit. This morning I couldn't sleep and got up early and did the CCc cardio only and ab circuits no equipment abs.

Hey Coolers from Sunny Florida

We were up at 3:45am yesterday to get to the airport for our 6:30am flight. Boy, was it busy. Took 40min to get through customs/security and had only about 20min before boading the plane. Flight was good and got to our condo with no issues. We rented a mini van since another couple will be joining us in a week. I've been trying to convince DH to buy a mini van b/c of the space and he is soo resisting. Has to be a SUV you know! I just find that SUV are actually smaller than a van and we seem to live in our vehicles.

Anyhow, yesterday was mainly sunny but only 67F today is cloudier and maybe 65F. I'm trying to convince DS to see Mickey tomorrow when it will be warmer. I think we're going to do Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios while were here. DH tried to buy hockey tickets b/4 we left but he couldn't I think due to trying to buy them while outside the U.S. We want to go Tues. night so maybe will just drive there and buy at the gate.

Just waiting for breakfast to digest then will do Travel Fit. Went for a good walk yesterday around the complex. Felt good to stretch the ole legs after sitting for 2 days.

Kim - I think you doing STS cardio the most out of us. How are you enjoying them? I'm really having to force myself to do them. Just not finding them motivating at all. Well that and I'm on a Slim Series kick right now:p

Laurie - are you almost done your running program yet? I'm going to see if I can find Barry's Bootcamp here at Target. Over on VF last month they mentioned that it was on sale for $30. A lot cheaper than $70 in Canada.

Oh Patricia, your posts brings back memories for me:D I love Florida. Hope you get to see Mickey!

I went and checked out a website for you, it's one that has to be subscribed too. This website provides a listing of 1 to 10 for each day. (10 is the busiest and 1 the least busy) for the disney parks. This person is an actuary that enters new info on conferences, tour groups, tickets sales etc to determine how busy each park is. So usually fairly accurate and up to date. This week is a fairly busy week with President's Day coming up.

Tomorrow is rated a 8/10 and his recommendation is Magic Kingdom as the best park to go to.

Tuesday is rated 4/10 (the only day below a 7 all week!) with a recommendation of Disney Studios or Animal Kingdom. Tuesday would be perfect to go to AK and because it closes early (5 pm)you could stil drive out to Tampa afterwards. FYI, Wed is 7/10 and Thrus is is 8/10.

Some Magic Kingdom fun tips: if you go to Tom Sawyer's Island early look for paintbrushes. They always hide a few each morning if you find one you get a prize. If you're the first family to the store Tinkerbelle Treasures you can wake up Tinkerbelle. If you stand in front of the castle just before Wishes sometimes you can see Tinklebelle go up the front of the castle (she's a real person). Look for the talking garbage can in Tomorrowland. Also there are 2 phones one on MainStreet and one in Tomorrowland, lift them up and you can hear a conversation.

Animal Kingdom. Look for the talking plant by the front gate. The playground has a hidden door and also try lifting the lid on the crate close to the entrance.

We just switched our minivan for a SUV last year but you're right the minivans have more room But the SUV is much better for pulling the trailer and through the snow. Speaking of snow Laurie did you get much from the snow on the eastern coast. We just got a bit.

DH went to work this morning, he's having to do lots of overtime but he's banking it and hopefully will be able to take spring break off. But this afternoon I think we might go into speak to some of the realtors. Weather is bad so hopefully it will be quiet at the show homes.:D This morning I should really get Step Moves and some shovelMax done. But not feeling very energetic.

I'm laughing my head off here as I describe to DH how much Kim that you're into Disney and you would love to be a vacation planner for here! Animal Kingdom sounds like a good idea for Tues. then. We decided to go and do mini golf in the "congo" today then we had a great Greek lunch at a restaurant called Opa Tavern. The best hummus I've ever had. They bring it to the table only 1/2 pureed and you finish grinding it to your taste. Could you ever taste the individual flavours this way. Then we spent the afternoon shopping. Are you familiar with the Millenia Mall? Spent some $$ at Victoria Secret.

I checked out Target today for Barry's BC kit but it was $50. Last month it was on sale for $30.

Off to Universal Studios tomorrow with friends. Not sure which one we're going to.

Oh, I did do TFit today.

The house hunting is progressing and I'm having panic attacks! It's nice to dream about but the actually doing it scares me to no end! I think DH is getting more excited about the idea and I'm just getting nervous. We have generally decided about a neighbourhood and some floor plans. DH went ahead with the next step he called a real estate agent, the one the we used 17. 5 years ago to come have a look at our house. These real estate agents want to do things so quickly he wanted to come later tonight after another appt. I said no, later in the week as dd goes to bed fairly early and I have to clean the house!! We just want to get an idea from him on what needs to be fixed in this house in order to put it on the market and what he thinks we can list it for.

Here's the neighbourhood we're thinking of

www.communities.genstar.com/communities/winnipeg/kildonan_green/overview.bpsx

Here's the floor plan that I like best

http://www.qualicodevelopments.ca/index.cfm#gplans/

Go to 2 stories and it's the Monticello design, I would welcome all feedback about the floorplan as I want to do this right!

Morning Coolers,

This week is my last week with the Gateway to 8K program, so only two more runs for me. This morning was the first, didn't do anything yesterday. Saturday was Barry's Extreme 1000, and Belly Blaster workouts.

Kim, Looks like a nice floor plan, and I always liked the open concept. Are you looking at the 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom option on the 2nd floor? The only thing I see is the steps, and getting things up those. But if you have the open concept with the greatroom, then you probably wouldn't have a problem getting anything big up the stairs. We have problems getting a couch in our downstairs, because of the jog in the stairs. Hope you know what I mean. :D We managed to avoid the big snow, but we are suppose to be getting some tonight and tomorrow. Up to 12" in some places around here. Bet the girls will be hoping for a snow day. :D

Patricia, That is a hefty price to pay for that Barry's. :eek: The $30 would be all right, but not $50. Even though that is what I paid. :rolleyes: Sounds like you are having a great time, so enjoy that vacation. ;)

Have a great day!

That's a good thought about the jog in the staircase. We have problems to our basement sometimes.

I'm not sure of the price difference in between the 3 and 4 bedroom. If only have 3 bedrooms is a lot cheaper we would probably do that as it's a lot of space with the basement finished. But if it's similar in price we might as well get the extra bedroom. After looking at about 20 showhomes and then many more floorplans, I've just got a general feeling. We will need to go back and look at the details of our favourites.

DH arranged for the real estate agent (that would sell our house) come by tonight so I spent the afternoon cleaning/organizing. He had a look around, then will do some research on other houses in the area. He will meet with us again next week to go over the plan for selling our house. He seems to think we can sell our house fairly easily.

After he left DH and I did disc 15. Neither of us felt like working out so it was good that we encourage each other to do it. Week1 of Meso 2 has given me DOMS all over and I"m looking forward to a rest week tomorrow!!

So do you get a snow day tomorrow too, if it snows??? Would be nice to stay home all warm and cozy. You need to send some of that snow to the Olympic site where they're spending a fortune trying to fly in snow by helicopter:rolleyes::rolleyes: to cover the whole mountain so they can have the downhill skiing.

Morning Coolers,

Was late to work this morning, because of the snow (and people driving like idiots :mad:). We are suppose to be getting blasted all day, so my drive home will probably not be fun either. :( But I got in KCM's 30MTF Bootcamp this morning. :D

Kim, Isn't it funny how some parts are getting hammered with snow, and others need it and like you said are either making it or flying it in. They sure could have what we are getting right now. :eek: :D I don't need to deal with it. :D Your right having an extra bedroom is always nice. Will you have your workout space in the basement? DH said that he has to start thinking of giving me a larger space, becuase I have so much stuff. :D

Dang I wish I was in Florida right now. :D

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.