~~~~clean-it-up-thursday~~~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Thought I'd stick with Katie's beach themed post for today.

Was up until 10:30 with Annabel so I didn't get up for B&G but am doing it after I take them to school. Annabel seems fine today. Not sure what the fever was about. Today is the last "real" day of school and then they'll do 2 weeks of summer type school starting next Monday.

Today will be a calorie counting day...

So I'm really intrigued by Beach Body's new program Insanity - Colleen, I checked it out! Pretty crazy. I love a good challenge.

I'll be back after B&G. Wish me luck!

Hey girls, I'm taking a couple minute break between standing and floor work. My hr was spiked and I felt like I was going to puke. I'm getting better though! I am not taking anywhere near as many breaks and finishing almost all the reps! YAY me.

19.5 min of floor work... here I come.

Angie - Must be the season for fevers. My baby just broke hers so it's better, but I'm beat. WTG on B&G. One of my faves! Burn off those oreos!

Katie - You are so good to go running on your vaca. I don't know if I would have that discipline on vacation.

Kate - I never got my eyebrows waxed, but I would love to get them done professionally if I wasn't so chicken. Yay for getting both haircut and brows done. Are you happy with the results?

Anne - I'm so sorry about all that you are going through. I hope you find a great condo and it will be a nice, fresh start to great things to come.

Morris - How was the ice cream?

Hi Klaudia, Patti, Colleen, and Robin!

Sorry ladies, my brain is mush and I can't remember everything I read. I think the worst is over and my baby's fever finally broke. I have not slept very much the last two days and have not worked out. Ironic thing is that the scale is way down. I guess I haven't really been eating either, but now I feel like I have so much catch up to do with my workouts. I am going to try and get more sleep tonight. P is still clingy, but not as much as the other nights. DH is also in the midst of getting a new car and that is taking up a lot of my energy having to help him decide. Any suggestions for a good pick me up wo? I can't think. My brain is really needing sleep.

Lisa

B&G floorwork and stretch done. I truly hate that all fours stuff. It just makes me grouchy but I know it's working. I don't do the abs cuz I do that on my cardio days. I might try the stability ball abs tomorrow though... never done those. Next week (hold me to it) I'm going to do the bonus leg section too. I know I can do it! It's only 6 more minutes and I generally like sit and stands and leg presses.

Lisa, sorry you've had a rough few days with your sick little one. It's hard isn't it? As for a pick me up WO, I always vote either Rhythmic Step or Imax 2.

Gotta get in the shower and pick up the girls. BBL.

I can already tell that me and the stairs are not going to get along today.

LOL! Great job!!!
I love the floor work!
What do the girls do in Summer School?

Lisa, It's SO HARD when Baby is clingy!:( Fpr a pick-me-up...how about a nice walk and a nap?
What kind of car does DH want? I"m lusting after a Nissan Armada but I don't NEED it. :p

-
Eats were great all day yday - no cheats! Feeling good today. So hopefully on a roll! Vacation is in 2 weeks!

Found out last night my BFF from Colorado is coming soon w/ her DH and 2 DDs to spend 4 nights w/ us! I'm so exicted! They have to follow a gluten-free diet for med reasons so cooking will be a challenge, but I'm excited about it! I love a challenge in the kitchen!:D

WO will be either back or biceps and cardio.

J's waking up....cya!

katie, are you in a beach coma!!!!?????
:D:D:D:D:D

Hahaha, I'm here. I'm awake early, but not working out. I love working out on vacation because I have more time and it's fun to get creative without all my equipment at home. And it makes me feel better about all the junk I am eating. But I just can't - not yet anyway - my legs are so sore. I think it's all the walking in the sand - my calves just ache! I'm going to do some stretching, and maybe some kickbox later or tomorrow.

Yesterday was flaming hot and the sun rays were so strong - I am very pink on my boobs and stomach. Today is supposed to be the same I think. I love the beach, but not sure if I can handle that heat again. Maybe i'll hang out at the pool with Collin, not sure.

I went shopping yesterday evening and it was just not my day. I bought a cute purse from the J Crew outlet but that's all. I am really in a mood to spend some money but can't find anything to buy! Maybe a 90+ degree day would be better spent doing more shopping today, who knows.

Angie, I feel for you and your B&G today - stairs are very likely going to be difficult. I haven't looked at Insanity but I hear crazy things about it!
Kate, when are your friends coming to visit - before or after your vaca?
Lisa, being a mommy to a sick baby is hard. On little sleep, I would pick LIC for a 'pick-me-up' workout.

One hour until everyone wakes up.... What to do...

Katie, You're doing awesome getting in your WO's while on vacaion! GOod for you!
a jcrew purse!!! wah!!!! i NEED to go shopping!!:D maybe m will help me out on saturday:confused:

friends are coming sat the 11th and staying til wed. We leave that friday. So, yeah, a little difficult for trying to get ready to be gone fr a week and a half but Im so excited to see them! Oh, and friends from Iowa are coming Tursday night! How did all this happen at once?! LOL!

-
Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary! How did THAT happen?? I;m not old enough to be married 10 yrs! LOL! Laura was commenting I was her age when we got married! WIERD!!! I CANNOT picture her married! Ohmy word!

breakfast time!

happy early anniversary, kate! all those guests would freak me out, but that is just me:p

katie, i can only imagine the calf pain. any good books with you? where is the pool where you are staying?

hi angie! great job with b and g.

lisa, aidan was sick last week and it was horrible. take it easy, okay?

very little sleep last night, but i could not stay asleep past 4:45 so i woed out anyways - 5 mile speed intervals and 4ds bc. need some ub later. gotta run!

thanks, nina! :D they'll be easy company. the worst part is cleaning out all the junk strewn all over the basement!:eek:
sorry abt no sleep....yuck. why doesnt it surprise me you kicked butt on a wo anyway?

clean breakfast ate! play time!

Morning! I am going to do meso 1 back and tris today and a little bit of cardio. Kids are at camp. House is quiet- soaking it up right now. :D

Angie: WTG on B&G! I have done the SB bonus abs only once- need to do that again sometime.

Kate: Happy anniversary! We are 11 years in August. I got married at 24 which seems so young to me now. The company would freak me out too- I'm such an introvert.

Anne: I'm 5'9" which isn't THAT huge, but I think it's all in my legs. It used to be hard to find pants but not really anymore- everyone has talls. I think the best part of being taller is that I can eat a few more calories than my 5 feet tall friends. :)

Lisa: Glad the fever is OVER! I think you need to either just take it easy like Kate suggested with a walk or do something like SS or PP for a nice full body WO or maybe C&W. That one is a bit less intense.

Morris: That's early! I did the friend thing on FB- now post some pics! :)

Katie: If you are pink, be careful! You don't want to blister- bad. I know what you mean about wanting to shop and the clothes not cooperating! That's frustrating. My advice is to keep trying. :D

Good morning Klaudia, Colleen, and Robin!

I'll BB- gotta go get it DONE!

Kate, 10 years, that is awesome! My purse is not that wonderful - it's a fabric bag, white and red with sea turtles on it. Pretty cute!

Morris, the calf pain is ridiculous! We are staying in a neighborhood with a pool about 100 yards away, beach is about 200 yards away. So it's easy to bounce back and forth.

I just went and picked up a dozen freshly fried and glazed donuts from a local place - OH.MY.WORD.

I think we are going to hit the beach/pool for a couple hours, then out to lunch and then shopping to avoid the heat of the day. Chris's parents are leaving today (yay! shhhh, I didn't say that!).

Good Morning Everyone! Today is the last day of my work week. Yeah! I hope to get out of work around 2 or 3. Then relax for the weekend. I really need it because I am exhausted. I feel like I might be getting a cold. I hope not but I am tired, stuffy and achy. I did STS Disc 10 - Chest, Shoulders and Bis. I am supposed to run for 20 min. but I didn't do that. Maybe this afternoon.

Morris, you are amazing that you can do such intense workouts on little sleep.
Kate, wow you have a busy couple of weeks. Enjoy all of your company.
Katie, the pool and shopping sound good for day.
Angie, ^5 on getting through B&G. Glad Annabel is better.
Lisa, glad your baby is better. I sometimes do just step of the imaxes when I am exhausted.

Quick good morning! It was raining pretty hard when I got home, so I did 1-7 of IMAX2 last night. Good and sweaty! I wasn't planning to do the whole thing and I did the step routine of interval 8, but I hate those suomo things, so I just stopped. Something is better than nothing, right?

Klaudia, your salad from last night sounds delish! I love those kinds of salads.

Happy Anniversary, Kate! That's fantastic! And, wow, you do have a lot of company coming. It sounds like July is full for you, I hope you enjoy it.

Nina, how do you operate on so little sleep? I don't know how mothers of young children do it. How long until DH comes home?

Katie, if your calves are sore can you do UB? Or just take a rest day? Be careful with the sun, okay? How many questions can I ask you in one post?

Angie, great job on B&G! I always hate going to the bathroom when I've had a rough lower body work out. Just remember when you're doing the stairs that it's working the lactic acid out. Easier said than done, I know.

Lisa, sorry about the sick baby. Just take it easy and don't stress about your work outs, they'll be there when you're ready for them.

Hi, Colleen, Robin, and Patti!

Okay, I do have work to do...

anne

Hey all, girls back at school for their last afternoon.

I'm tired. They exhausted me while they were home. Just constant whining and such. I think they're tired.

Kate, that's exciting about your company. I love company too! I'm a total socialite. Are you happy with your haircut? Were you 19 when you got married? I thought I was young... had just turned 22.

Katie, sand runs are so hard on the calves! I think you would be well served with a rest day! I hope you're enjoying your vacation! I would love a new purse! And Ryan would love the donuts... they don't tempt me at all! :)

Nina, you're crazy with your WOs. I don't know how you survive on so little sleep! Sorry about Aidan.

Patti, enjoy your quiet house this morning and good luck with your WO.

I'm watching Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred on you tube. Interesting... I love you tube.

Patti, Enjoy that WO and quiet house!! :D NICE!

Katie, That bag sounds CUTECUTE!!! Has MIL been behaving herself? Have fun today!

Colleen, Hooray for an early day! Using up expiring vacation time? Good luck w/ the run later!

Anne, WTG w/ Imax! Somethign IS better than nothing and that much of Imax is GREAT!

Angie, I've got long plain hair so just a trim - doesn't really look different than before!:p Same w/ DDs. But my eyebrows look AND FEEL much better!:D
Yep, I was NINETEEN when we got married! EIGTHEEN when we closed o our first house.... I moved in after we got married tho. Crazy! I can't even imagine my sisters going thru that.
Sorry for the whiny kiddos.....I hate when my girls get that way!:mad:

-
J's down for a nap....debating if I can neglect DDs for 30 min so I can WO!:D

Morning

Kate gluten-free cooking you can do it. Happy Anniversary you should celebrate.

Lisa I'm glad your baby is feeling better. Fevers can be scary.

Angie beach body has a new workout series. Oh no:) what did we do before we had youtube?

Katie you must have a great tan but be careful. I know her NC it's been in the upper 90s all week. Yesterday it went up to 98:eek:. When it gets that hot I just stay in doors.

Nina great early morning w/o..

Patti I love a quiet house. I miss my quiet house now that the kids are home.

Colleen enjoy your long weekend.

I have to go shopping at sam's for the chicken wings. If I bring my family those tiny wings from PiglyWigly...I never hear the end of it.

My w/o today will be cardio burn interval and core work.

b-western egg white omelet

I need to get up earlier to keep up with you girls!

Day 3 of the crummy weather. And my guy friend with the little girl wants to have a play date-I'm worn out and don't want to host it here, but the park doesn't look likely. Maybe the bounce house? Cardio today-maybe some step? It's been a while since I did any. I'm thinking CTX Step and Intervals-short but relatively tough or 1/2 of IMAX 2. We'll see.

Angie, nice job on the workout! I need to do B&G soon-my butt needs it! I wish my girls had extra school-they need a little structure. I'm thinking day camp next year:)

Lisa, glad Pomei is feeling better. I hate sick kids-makes me feel so helpless. I don't have it, but I hear Cardio and Weights is a lot of fun-not too tough.

Kate, way to go on the eats! I had a tootsie pop, some popcorn, and a granola bar last night:eek: Not too bad, but not the best, either. Gotta watch-today is a 1500 cal day. I'm switching to one body part/day and cardio next week. I'm going to alternate a week of heavy with a week of endurance for the month. My college friend and her 2 kids are coming in two weeks for a long weekend too! Holy company! You'll definitely enjoy your vacation, me thinks:) And Happy Anniversary! We'll be celebrating our 12th in November-I was 2 months shy of 25.

Katie, stay out of the sun today! Maybe read some mags or a book under an umbrella?

Nina, how do you do it? I get up at 7:30-8 and can't workout that early!

Patti, how I long for some quiet! My friend is the same way-about your height and wears a 36" inseam-she sews so she makes her own suits!

Colleen, yay for the weekend! Hope you can recharge.

Anne, nice workout! Yes, that salad was good:) I need to eat them more often!

Hi Robin!

Biceps done! YAY!!!

Robin, Western omelet...mmmmmm
So you're fam's a lil picky huh??:p
Thanks for the core reminder! Will do that today too! Still liking CLX?
We want to go out for our Anniv but there is literally NO ONE to watch DDs this weekend. Oh well! Maybe we can fit in a long chat in the hot tub!:D

Klaudia, Crummy weather here too - I think tmrw is supposed to sunny-up tho!:D
The bounce house would be good - then you could "ignore" the boys!:p
Good luck w/ the cals today! The counting would drive be bananas!
Oh man, are we ready for vacation.
Will your company be easy? Don't they have a lot of kids?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.