~~~~clean&tidy monday~~~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning gals,

Feels good to be starting the thread today. :) It's so normal to my routine.

My sister is at the airport but her flight isn't for another 4 hours. She took the train into Paris since it's just so much faster than driving. I had a great time with her - unfortunately I was not feeling well most of the weekend. I just hope I didn't get her sick.

I'm still not feeling well. Supposed to go back to the doc for a check up today or tomorrow. Right now it's mostly a cold but I still have some kidney pain that I just don't understand. I'm anxious to start working out again but I have this feeling that I'm just going to have to wait a while.

Katie, that cake you posted looked beautiful. What did you decide for your rest week? I don't know if I could go as long as you have w/o step. I love it!

Kate, how was G's bday? The pancakes sound so yummy. I hope you guys have fun at AG when you go to Chicago! We're thinking of doing that for our girls for xmas this year! So fun!

Morris, how are you feeling? Are you taking it easy? I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted for the house - is it going to be okay to be out that early?

Anne, I love cheesy potatoes more than anything in the world. It's super addicting! And fitting into old jeans is totally a justification! :)

Klaudia, are you happy with MSU's #2? I think they deserve it. Illinois def doesn't deserve #5... and if I have them win then they have to play Gonzaga who I absolutely despise! UGH. Sorry Milla's sick. I hope you don't get it!!!

Colleen, I love that you posted a pic! So fun to be able to see your face! I'm jealous (or as my 16 y/o sis says "jelly") about your GS cookies! Sorry about your drama crazy friends... I don't understand how people keep up the college lifestyle!

Robin, hope you had a good weekend. Sorry about wal mart. I used to hate that store but I'd do anything for an American grocery store these days.

OK.. I'm going to go take a bath and try to ease my kidney pain a bit and just rest.

BBL - hope everyone has a good day!

XOXO

Geez, Angie, (((HUGS))) Please get to the doctor and find out what is wrong. Kidney pain is nothing to mess around with! I'm glad you had a good time with your sister. Definitely don't workout until you feel up to it. It the weather is nice, maybe you could do something as simple as taking the girls for a 20 minute walk or something.

Last night I did a brief warm up (about 5 minutes), the extended stretch from STS, yoga-inspired abs, and then worked on pikes on the ball for a few. I am happy to report that I got a *tiny* bit sweaty! Those planks really kill.

Here is the plan for the rest of my recovery week...
S stretch/core <-----completed
M run
T stretch/core
W run
T step
F stretch/core
S run

So I have until Thursday to decide which step workout I want to do. Once I finish my race in a few weeks, I might add some step back in for awhile.

Today is going to be completely and utterly nuts at my work. I have so much to do -- appointments with clients, backed up paperwork, a report to write. And I am also leaving early to go to court for a co-worker who has to go to a funeral.

WO done -- 4 minute wu at 4.0, 30 minutes running at 5.5, 3 minute cd at 4.0.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Morning!

Never did get my workout in yesterday. Good thing I have a makeup week this week. I did get to the store, though, and I think the washer leaking was my fault-too much detergent? I did a load last night and it was fine, so we'll see.

Angie, yeah I'm happy with #2-they didn't deserve to be a #1, plus they're in the Midwest region so that's good. Drink lots of cranberry juice and rest!!

Katie, your week looks good. Hope the day flies by!

Colleen, I can so relate to the friend drama. We have a reunion coming up with hs friends that we posted on FB. Well, one girl decides to out another-in a message that I sent to 30 other people-that she won't be attending because this other girl is a crack addict! Really?! If you didn't want to go, don't go-you don't need an excuse! But to do that on FB? Juvenile!

Anne, nice run! Did you just go out and run almost 3 miles without building up the mileage? Did you like the movie?

Hi Kate, Robin, and Morris!

bbiab...

angie, glad you had a good time w/ your sis! is she good w/ dds?
nice to see you again!

katie, great run/good plan for the week!

---------
woke up early and did ccv1. very sweaty/fun.
busy day today...
guest reader at g's class....looking forward to it.
lots to do around the house....party recovery!
had to go to the store late last night....j's monitor died....
making new recipe for dinner....crisp-skin roast chicken....no ski for me but m loves it!
tomorrows's st pats....makig green cloverleaf rolls!:D fun!
board mtg toight at 7:mad:. hope js schedule works out!:(:confused:

hey ladies sorry I was MIA y-day I had a little stomach virus.

Colleen how was the gs cookies? I've been good at avoiding the doorway where the scouts sit (Walmart):cool:.

Anne keep those old pants as a reminder of how you want to stay.

Katie pretty cake from y-day. I only do the plants modified like what Cathe said on Cathe TV. I just don't trust my ball :confused:. Enjoy your week.

Angie do you have a kidney infection? If so drink 100% cranberry juice to help flush it out. feel better

Klaudia that is a funny story FB. Enjoy your makeup week.

Kate that a late meeting. crisp-skin roast chicken what makes it crisp...tell us your secret. Last night we had Cornish hens and my DD called them NY pigeons.:rolleyes:

-----------
w/o STS 16....it's going to be a tough one for sure

Morning, everybody! Well, the warm, snuggly bed won this morning. No AM work out for me. Oh, well. I'll see if I do anything before tap tonight. If Jim wasn't home, I would, but he's off today and tomorrow for working the weekend.

Colleen, I have a jacket for outdoor running I can send you, if you'd like. It's a Columbia size Large. Fleece inside, wind resistance and I think waterproof on the outside. I don't run outside in the winter anymore, so if you don't want it it's going to Goodwill. It worked really well for me the couple years I ran outside year-round, I would go out down to 10 degrees, depending on the wind. But, I'm just not interested in doing that anymore. Plus, my sister gave me the jacket and I'm trying to get rid of all the stuff she's given me. Isn't that petty? But it makes me feel better.

Robin, sorry for the tummy bug. What body parts do you work in STS 16? Have fun with the pain!

Kate, enjoy story time. Great job on CCV1!

Klaudia, yeah, I did just go out and run almost 3 miles. It felt pretty good, too. My legs are a little tight this morning, but not too bad. I figure I stay in pretty good shape all winter, so why not? I did like the movie, the last scene was the best. My favorite line? When the main character's mother says, "There are compensations for being alone. It's divine to sprawl all across the bed like a swastika." That movie came out in 1939, was probably filmed in 1938, so I figure the producers weren't very aware of the Nazi party then. Did you guys know the swastika is a Hindu symbol? I was reading a travel book about India once and the author said you see that symbol everywhere, especially over the doorways of temples. It's always preceded and followed by another symbol, so she would see it and think, "Oooooooommmm, SEIG HEIL!, ooooooommmmmm." That cracked me up!

Katie, good run this morning! Your workout week looks great. And super busy at work means the day will fly by, right?

Angie, {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Rest up and feel better. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sister. Please take good care of yourself.

Hi, Morris! I hope you're feeling better today.

bbiab

anne

Hi girls,

Been in bed most of the day and took a bath. Feel rested but not really better. Need to find some food - don't have much of an appetite.

Katie, good WO! Your plan for the week looks great!

Klaudia, how annoying about the FB drama. FB can be fun but silly at the same time. Hope you can get caught up this week. I feel SOOOO behind.

Kate, I was re-reading your post from the weekend just about your schedule. I think that it's so hard to try to have a "regular" schedule with an infant. They are just so demanding. Keep in mind that you are doing a great job and just know that your #1 priority right now is J! It won't last long like that.

Robin, hope you're feeling better! Bummer about the stomach virus!

Anne, that warm bed beats me out all the time.... :) Have a great day!

Off to find some lunch.

angie

Colleen LOL on giving away all the stuff your sister gave to you.

Anne STS 16 have tri, shoulders and chest...each with the killer total failure/fried set. LOL :D swastika...I get it.

Angie does your back hurt when you stand and lay down?

Menu
pre- 5 crackers and cheese 1 oz
b-veggie egg white omlette
l-chicken and salad
s-tangerine and nuts
d-??

Robin, it's pretty much a constant dull lower back pain (nothing like the intense pain I had with kidney stones) and every once and a while, it seems to wrap around to the front. It feels strangely like menstrual cramps but I know it's not. So annoying.

hi everyone! work is done for me for the day and i have a therapy apt at 2 before i pu boys. i need to do some weights and grocery shop too for meals this week. ugg. i did my elliptical this am for an hour - lots of intervals and it was tough. i wanted to do a really tough ub wo, but i am just not feeling it today. i still am not quite right, though thankfully no bad symptoms.

angie, it will be tricky to be out of our home that quick, and i do not know how it will work. hope dh gets some info at work today. feel better soon!

kate, glad you got your wo in - your day sounds so busy. what is the verdict this week - sts? how was your cake?

hi robin - nice menu today. tummy all better?

hi anne - your jacket sounds awesome. sorry for the falling out with your sis:( enjoy tap tonight.

katie, great run, and your week looks good. hope work flies by.

hi klaudia - glad the washer is okay. how is milla?

hi colleen

my scale was down a lot today - so nice, except i know it was from being sick;) i am trying to keep it that way, but my body is sending weird signals - feel shaky and hungry, eat, pain in tummy, hot flashes. anywasy, maybe i just need to go wo:eek: we will see. bbl

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick hello. I had to interview some potential candidates for some positions we have opening up this morning and I have meetings all afternoon. I will check back later (I hope).

colleen, good luck at work today!

morris, shaky --- not good! i know how tempting it is to try to maintain the weightloss from sickness.....but fuel your body w/ good food!:D

angie, thats scary pain!

robin, is your stomach better??

anne, lol at the swastika! nice visual!

hlaf my day is done!!:cool:
my head is in 1000 diff places.....:(
for sts im going to break it up tomorrow....back in the a.m., bis at night...
clean eats....thank goodness i threw out the leftover cake or id be sitting over it right now!:eek:

Back from the doc - another round of antibiotics and a sonogram to rule out a stone. Back in bed... Feel like I have been here a lot lately.

Morris I hope things can come together for your move an you feel better soon.

Kate good plan on throwing away the cake. :)

Colleen I hope work goes well today!

I'll prob check in again tomorrow.

Poor Angie! Hope it's not a stone:(

Morris, how do you find the motivation? I'm not sick or moving or working or busy with 2 kids under two and I find it so hard to get my workouts done. You rock! Oh, and eat!

Anne, I didn't know you were such a runner! It takes me 9 weeks to work up to a 5k although Darrin can run one in the same amount of time without training once-and he smokes! LOL on the swastika visual.

Colleen, good luck with the interviews!

Kate, good idea on the workouts-I may even do that! The idea of working out for an hour is what discourages me so much. I think I will start Meso 2 like that. Your girls won't be upset you threw out the b-day cake?

My neighbor just came by with her newborn. They had been trying to conceive for a long time and had no luck so they adopted. It's amazing to me what they had to go through for a U.S. adoption-interviews, letters of recommendation, the cost, the waiting, etc. The birth mom just turned 23, has had 5 kids-has custody of none, and the baby had no prenatal care for 5-6 months and was born with cocaine and marijuana in his system!! I have a hard time seeing why it's ok for her to continue to do this. I know it's judgemental, but it makes me so angry. Ok, rant done. He's beautiful and healthy and her bad choices are my neighbors' blessing and that's what matters most.

Going to workout. Be back in a little while.

angie, yuck!! i hope it gets figured out soon! no fun! are you communicating w/ the dr ok?

klaudia, somebody sterilize that woman!!!:mad: makes me furious! i woudnt even sip caffeine when i was pg!
i used to not mind hr-long wo's....these days it is just too hard. i think i'll do all of legs at once on a saturday and break up the ub stuff.
re the cake - for all they know it got ate up!:D

robin, i forgot...to crisp the skin you rub a mix of kosher salt & baking powder on it.....let sit 12-24 hrs in fridge and bake it at hi heat, flipping often. the recipe is long....if you want it pm me your address and i'll mail a copy to you. (or anyone for that matter!:))

eats are still good, but this is the time of day i snack too much.....i am determined to see results w/ meso 2.....and i'll have to get in a b'suit in chicago - ack!

Klaudia, you have me hands down on strength, though! Plus, I'm super slow.

Kate, you'll be fine in Chicago! Trust me. And, if you're nervous about it, get a Miracle Suit. Those things are amazing.

Angie, hugs! Feel better.

Morris, please take care of yourself. I worry about you because you demand so much of yourself. Please don't take that the wrong way--it's said with caring and concern! Sometimes you just need to take some time off. And that's okay. Really. It is. Repeat after me: I don't have to do everything all the time. Okay, thanks for humoring me.

Katie, how was your long day at work? Are you recovering?

Colleen, I hope the interviews went well. I'm always so optimistic when we have a good interview.

Robin, have you decided on dinner?

I'm going to try to do IMAX 2 intervals 6-10 when I get home. We'll see if it happens. If not, I'll do it tomorrow morning or later in the week. I need to do upper body and abs. What do you guys think, the premix from ME or abs and up only on PUB?

anne

Last edited:
angie, feel better!

colleen, hope the interview goes well.

klaudia, glad for your friends, but that is just NUTS about that woman and her babies!!! as for my wo's, i just love to exercise and admit to being an addict:p

kate goodpln with meso 2. so , what is your overall review of meso 1? don't worry about b'suit! you look awesome, i know. just think how good water will feel after this winter cold.

poor aidan is sick - fever, cough, snotty nose. picked him up early and he is asleep in my arms. we have a 9 mon check up tomorrow anyways, thankfully. i did me upper and pulls and chins. i needed to go to the mall but cannot take sick baby. question to any of you who may be less endowed :eek::eek:, i was a b before kids. i have been pregnant or nursing for the last 2.9 years. aidan is weaning himself and there is not much left. what bra should i invest in? i look pretty boyish right now after feeding my baby:(

grocerymax done. pork and spinach and potatoes tonight!bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.