~~~~ Coolers in October ~~~~

MommaPew

Cathlete
Can you believe its October already. I guess I better get on finding that Power Ranger costume DS wants:p

Lets see, last night was GS - B/S/B. Tonight I think I'll do a Hiit and get some ab work in. I have one more week of this rotation then might go back to some TB weight workouts rather than spits. We're going to the cottage early tomorrow for the weekend. Only a few more weekends left. DS had his 1st drum lessons last night and really enjoyed it. All DH's idea. I'd like to get an electronic keyboard at Xmas as I think it would be easier instrument to pick up for him plus I'd play around with it.

Kim - things should move along pretty quick once they start boarding. Dec. though is probably a bit of a right off (in Const. that is) so I wouldn't expect to much progress then.:( Hmm, Mexico. DH and I were discussing vacations this week and he absolutely refuses to go to Mexico. We're playing with the idea of a cruise.

Laurie - hope the meet goes well today. Sounds like you're on a Beachbody rotation these days.

Morning Ladies,

I have not done my workout yet. I have the evening all to myself so I will get YogaX in after work.

DD did very well at her meet, and was the first girl on her team to cross the finish. They where putting in some amazing times, was a very fast course. I think I saw something think like 14:45 or less! She came in 20th overall, but since she said her time was so good she was ok with that. :D

Kim, Very legit reason for the kids to nix the running. :D My dd will have to miss the conference meet to take her ACT exam. Her coaches where upset, but this is important to her future. One of the coaches is also her guidance counsler who started this college process. DD was going to tech college, but long story short she might be going to a 4 year instead. Never have been to Mexico, so can't really say.

Patricia, I'm surprised at how fast this year has been going to, guess that must mean we are getting older each year. :rolleyes: Oh my I'm guessing that drum was a great time for your ds! :eek: Power Rangers are still around, I think I remember them being popular when my oldest was little.

Have a wonderful day!

I have to admit that I've been a little overwhelmed this week with the stress of selling the house, the building of the new house, booking the vacation, all the kids sports/activities and the extra driving every day. I slept terrible the last 2 nights, last night I read a book cover to cover instead of sleeping. My mind is just always thinking about projects to do around the old house, things we need for the new house, trying to read through hotel reviews, hockey politics:eek::eek: etc

I'm really not complaining as life is good and for the most part it's all exciting/fun things happening just a lot at once.

DS is doing hockey tryouts this weekend. He has also decided to try curling as so need to register/buy equipment. Both kids are taking swimming lessons which start next weekend but dd needs a bathing suit which are impossible to find at this time of year:(Then there is the daily piano practicing for piano lessons.

CONGRATS to your dd on her great crosscountry run! What is the ACT exam? Is it like an entrance exam?

Have fun at the cottage Paticia! We will go up for Thanksgiving next week and do some winterizing. Drum lessons would be a dad's idea;) Do you play piano?? Would you take ds on the cruise? There are some great famliy cruises now. My sister is going on the Royal Caribbean one with all the Universal characters like Shrek with her two young boys.

Yesterday I didn't work out as tired with not enough sleep! Today I did 40/20 and no equipment abs from Ab Circuit. Almost finished the Sept rotation but no October rotation posted yet.

Here is the link to the hotel we booked
www.riupalacemexicoresort.com
I used airmiles to pay for the whole thing including flights so just had to pay $1100 for taxes/booking fee.:D Happy with that.

Morning Ladies,

Today was P90X Chest & Back along with Ab Ripper X. Everything felt great this morning, and I improved on all of the Pull-ups/Push-ups. :D

Kim, Sorry to hear that things are so crazy for you right now. Stressing yourself over exercise wouldn't help either, but just doing it sometimes is a chance to get that body a little more relaxed. ;) Sounds like your kids are going to be really busy with activities. Yep the ACT is an entrance exam, and they require that she take it before they will accept her application. WTG on getting such a great deal on the vacation.

Have a wonderful day!

Morning Coolers

Lets see, after a lazy weekend hibernating at the cottage I got in GS - C/T late Sun. afternoon. Was suppose to do 20min ss cardio afterwards but after 2 mins I just didn't feel like it. Last night was B&G - Leg Blast premix. You see several excercises 2-3x and I didn't really enjoy that. Once Cathe is done torturing me I don't want to see that same excercise again and know I've got to go thru it again:eek::D Skipped the abs afterwards too! I'm getting tired of this rotation, can't you tell. I enjoy GS but I've had enough of the Sash Series.

Kim - oh boy, I know exactly what you're going thru right now. I'm so glad life is finally calming down for me, especially after we close the cottage in another week or so. You sound like me staying up reading to all hours. It does take away your energy though to get that w/o in the next day:eek: I love the look of the swimming pool at the resort. I've had dinner at a RIU hotel in the Bahamas. Have you stayed in a RIU b/4? I think they're on the higher end but affordable so you should be happy with it. Yep, we would take DS on the cruise, wouldn't dream of leaving him behind. I think he is at the age now that we could leave him at an activity centre on the ship and he wouldn't miss us! DH's brother and wife are talking about a vacation (they live in Vancouver) so I think we're playing with the idea of going together somewhere - they don't have kids though. I've only heard good things about Royal C.

Laurie - how do you do your Pull-ups? Do you have a bar or if I recall correctly didnt' you get the power tower for Xmas? Mine hasn't gotten unpacked from moving yet.:( I want to get it out to help progress will full push ups. Doing them off the step lately just hurts my hands (of course the million that you do in GS doesn't help either:rolleyes:)

Morning Coolers,

Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit is done for today! :D Doing really well on this rotation, so far I'm having fun. :eek:

Patricia, Sounds like you need a change of pace. :D We have been on Royal C., and had a great time. I do have the tower, and am using it for the pull-ups/chin-ups. Of course I'm doing the straight leg option, have not progressed to how Cathe does them in STS yet. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Did high step challenge this morning. I'm glad that I forgot how hard this workout is or I might not have got out of bed:D Going to relax and watch TBL tonight. Tomorrow is the original IMAX and then into the October rotation that hopefully gets posted today.

Patricia, I've never stayed at a Riu hotel before but have heard good things about them. We enjoyed our Disney cruise but they're more costly than the RC cruises. Are you almost done that rotation?

Laurie So are you doing Insanity for cardio and P90X for weights??

Morning Ladies,

P90X Shoulders & Arms for me this morning, still have to get in an ab workout tonight. Have not made a decision as to which one I would like to do. :rolleyes: My upper body is really feeling the love today, especially the triceps.

Kim, I think that HSC is one that I tend to avoid too. Both of the circuit workouts using the high step are tough. Have a great time with Imax today, that one is always to much fun to do. Yes I am using the upper body weight workouts from P90X, and doing three days of Insanity workouts and two days of Yoga/stretching. I am not doing the Legs & Back workout, because I think Insanity does a good enough job on the leg department.

Have a great day!

It's lunch time already:eek: That's what happens when I eat my sandwich at 10:00, actual lunch creeps up on me:):p

My parents unexpectedly drove down to stay the night yesterday and then left to drive to the U.S. for a vacation but I did manage to get in GS-B/S/B timesaver last night.

Kim - I really like the look of the Oct. Rotation - different everyweek so might just change my plan from TB and back to splits. I'll have to look to see if I have Pure Strength - I might have broken down and bought that afterall earlier this year. I like HSC - that's the one with all the leg presses isn't?

Laurie - I think the more cardio you do conversly I'm doing less! Just can't get into it these days.

Have you taken a look at the new video clips? Really looking forward to the new w/os, especially STS - TB.

Morning Coolers,

Yoga for me today with Power Yoga for Happiness ~ Total Happiness. That one is 80 min. long and reminded me of YogaX, but with better flow. Last night I got in my ab workout and did One on One Med Ball Cardio Core, will be trying that one out again it was fun. ;)

Patricia, That Oct. rotation does look really good, if you don't have PS, you can always us CTX parts. I have not usually been a cardio junky, but after Insanity it just seems to have filled that cardio void for me. :eek: I like the looks of most of the new workouts, sure seems like a lot of equipment in STS. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Hey Coolers

Lets see, what did I do last night? Oh, I remember - CTX KB. I wanted something short and light and ths fit the bill though I did trip over my feet during the WU and actually fell. No harm done though:eek: Tonight is some sort of FB circuit workout I think as we're going away to the cottage for Thanksgiving and not sure when my next w/o will be.

Any plans for the long weekend? The weather looks sunny and high teens. Since we're hosting dinner at the cottage that works out great!

Nothing to exciting happening here. I did IMAX yesterday to finish up the sept rotation and did PS Legs and Abs to start the October rotation. The house seems to be moving along faster now. Gas and water were done today.

I'm really looking forward to the new workouts too Patricia. I'm liking the look of Intensity and High Reps.

It's actually HSTA that has all the leg presses, did that one last week. I thnk HSC is harder, moves very quickly!

We're having beautiful weather here! Will have Thanksgiving with DH's family Saturday and then head to the cottage for Sun/Monday and have Thanksgiving with my family.:D

Morning Coolers

Last night I did Jackie Warner's Power Circuit and feeling it in my abs today but my neck is stiff:confused: Will try to get some walking in at the cottage this weekend.

Kim - I saw that you're having GREAT weather for the weekend, even warmer then us:) I'll be a week behind you on the Oct. rotation. I checked and I do have PS but have never done it.

Morning Ladies,

Today I came in early, but I did manage to get in a short workout. Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. My youngest is getting fitted for pointe shoes, so that is the reason for leaving work early. ;)

Patricia, You will like the PS series, it is a bit dated but one of her best. Hope your neck starts feeling better, my oldest had that problem and we used those heat pacs. ;) Have fun with the family this weekend.

Kim, You also enjoy your time with the family this weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you!

Skipped my workout yesterday. I notice that with my new schedule I often skip Fridays. I think I'm just tired by the end of the week and so hard to get up early and then after work, who wants to workout on Friday night:eek: I might start planning Fridays as my day off.

Going to try and get IMAX 2 in today but kids' have swimming lessons, dd has piano lessons and then we're going to my MIL's for Thanksgiving dinner. We're going to head to the cottage late tonight or early tomorrow for a couple of days with my family and of course another turkey dinner.

I agree with Laurie, you will like PS. It's dated but a lighter more fun type of strength workout. Hope your neck is feeling better!

Did your dd get her pointe shoes?

Morning Ladies,

Had a nice weekend, did Insanity Pure Cardio and Ab Circuit Med Ball Abs on Saturday morning. Sunday was a rest day, just to much going on with church and homework for the youngest. This morning was P90X Chest & Back along with Ab Ripper X.

Hope you both are enjoying your day off today, don't eat to much turkey! :eek: Oh what am I saying, eat all the turkey you can handle! :D

Kim, Yes dd did get her pointe shoes, and had her first lesson on Saturday. With this new class she is at the dance studio for 1-3/4 hrs. She got a good leg workout in with the pointe class, said her legs where shaking afterwards. :D Guess that is how they get those dancers legs. I wouldn't want to workout on a Friday night either!

Have a great day!

Back from all the Thanksgiving fun! We had a lovely turkey/ham dinner at my MIL's on Saturday night and then drove up to my mom's cottage Sunday morning to join the rest of my family. Then we had another turkey dinner there on Sunday night.

Last year on Thanksgiving it snowed and we had to push my BIL's car out of the snowbank. This year we were wearing shorts on the boat:cool::D The weather is amazing.

My rhomboid muscles (between the shoulder blades) have been bothering me the last few days. I actually woke up with muscle spasms last night probably didn't help that I was sleeping on the pull out couch. So will take tonight off and put some heat on it, hopefully I can do a workout in the morning.

Patricia Hope you're also enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend!

Laurie, I'm sure those dance classes keep your dd in great shape! I did a lot of sports as a teen and I'm sure I haven't been as fit since then.

Oops, backspaced one too many times and lost my post. At least I wasn't too far into it!:confused:

We had a great weekend at the cottage. Sunny and warm (not quite warm enough for shorts though Kim) but I'm not complaining. We hosted dinner Sat - prime rib and no leftovers. We packed up all the food and fridge and came home Sun. afternoon. Short weather down south here:D then today cold and rainny:mad::(. We invited friends over for lunch and we were having such a good time they stayed for dinner. I taught my GF and DS the card game UNO. I fogot how much fun it is. Got in PS - legs and abs this a.m. Wow, what a fun workout. I didn't have my BB heavy enough so have noted for next time. No endless reps or low ends:D:D and the abs were short and sweet. My abs are still killing me from Thursday.:eek:

Kim - hope your rhomboids are feeling better. Get that DH to massage! My neck is feeling much better now. Glad to hear you had a good weekend and the weather co-operated. We still have to shut down the water, pull the dock and boat out of the water. This weekend would have been perfect for it. I told DH I'm not going back to the cottage so he is on his own next weekend (well with help from my brother and another friend he has wrangled).;)

Laurie - no turkey for me. DH doesn't like it much so I don't get it too often except at Xmas where he knows he better make it!:p:D Did you have today off too?

Morning Coolers,

Plyo Cardio Circuit for me today, and still tough in the plank moves. Oh well next week is my recovery week, so will change my rotation for the next phase and put Pure Cardio for the Tuesday workout. :eek:

Kim, I don't know how many meals we can eat durning that Thanksgiving time. :D It is always fun to get to see the family though. Big difference in weather this year, we have been having some very warm days lately. Do take care of that back, hope it was just the way you where sleeping and it will ease up.

Patricia, I love UNO, it is so easy to learn and with my family can get competative. :D Glad you enjoyed PS Legs, it really is a great workout. Dang on the turkey, I just love it and am happy that my family likes it too. DH's father will tolerate eating it for one day. :rolleyes: No I was working yesterday, I do have a day off on the 11th next month for Veterans Day and then of course for our Thanksgiving on the 25th.

Have a wonderful day!

UNO is always a favouite with the kids and their cousins at the cottage. We also do alot of Scrabble at the lake.

My back was feeling better today so did Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I enjoy the turkey much mnore when someone else cooks it;)

I do admire you Laurie for that rotation that you're doing! I always think better than you me

We got all the winterizing stuff done at the cottage on the boat, dock, ATV, lawn mowers but not on the cottage itself as mom hopes to go out a couple of more weekends. The PS workouts are fun aren't them, not so crazy hard! Which workout cause all the DOMS in your abs Patricia?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.