~~~~~~~KETTLEBELL TUESDAY~~~~~~~

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi all!

I am much better today. Thanks for the kind words and virtual hugs.

I tried to do do some of Newport today. Please tell me that I am going to be able to make it past round 1. I was trying to do the Cossack stretch and fell on the floor 4 times. It's a good thing that my butt is big, otherwise I would be in pain. I have a meeting this morning so I have to be on time for work. Let's just say that punctuality isn't one of my strong points.

I practiced with it last night and did a few rounds. It seems intense but doable (eventually).

Deanie- You are tempting me with Diva also. As you can see I am easily tempted. Good thing I wasn't in the Garden of Eden. The world would have taken a turn for the worse in about 5 seconds.

Missy- So glad you are feeling better. I do journal but I have a bad habit of inconsistency and journaling the negative. How was your workout yesterday?

Marcy- I don't mind you being an enabler ;). If you lived near me and we were mall buddies, it might be a problem. You are giving me great ideas. If I had a gym membership, it would be at least 30 a month. So I spend 30 a month on exercise gear.

Gayle- Hope you had a restful evening. How is your garden growing?

Andilynn-So is this a light exercise week or a no exercise week?

Jane- You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day everyone and again, thanks for your kindness.

Last edited:
Good MOrning!!

today I was supposed to do Newport, but I wasn't in the mood for an hour-ish long workout. so I mozied over to Crossfit 603 and did the wod!! Can't believe how much I am enjoying crossfit. A year or so ago I saw some of their workouts and said- "no way can I do that!" I think kettlebells have made my attitute more positive!!

Pull pretty.

Tuesday, 2 May 2009

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Buy-in

• 10 pull-ups
  • 20 push-ups
  • 30 sit-ups
  • 40 squats
  • 50 jump rope turns
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]603 WOD

• AMRAP in 20:00
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 5 deadlifts 185/135#
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Scale weight as needed to either 75% of your 1RM, or as prescribed. Keep your deadlifts pretty. This weight isn’t heavy enough to perform with anything less than gorgeous technique. We do NOT excuse poor DL form just because it’s a met-con.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Cash out

• Boz OHS cooldown

Comments:::
results::15 rounds + 5 pull ups and 2 dead lifts:eek::)
all pullups assisted
scaled deadlifts to 100#
after the 8th round, thought the workout was never going to end!!, 20 minutes is a long time!! LOL
really watched form with pullups and deadlifts!
worked on squats with the ohs cooldown....

wasn't sure about doing deadlifts again today, but didn't go to failure yesterday so I think its okay.....?

great workout, definitely a do again!

Rhonda:::
Newport does get easier!! and it is definitely the toughest AOS workout cardiovascularly!! I am horrible at the cossack squat too and can't get down as far as Anthony!! I just do what I can and keep moving on! I hate to enable, but DIVA is a great workout, short and sweet and tough!! I bought it when they were offering 20% off downloadable workouts, next time they have that offer, you should think about it!!;) I like your $30 a month to buy exercise gear plan!! (I think its sort of like Janes!)

Missy::: Glad you are feeling better!! Thanks for the list of pros and cons!!

Gayle::: Hope you enjoyed your rest day!! How is your mom? I really felt it in my abs (as well as else where) with the deadlifts today!!

waves to everyone else!!
Have a great day everyone!!
BBL!

eta::: I liked the buy in this morning, I think that would make a good workout doing 3-5 rounds!!:)

Last edited:
Good Morning!!

Today's workout is Broken Angie or Screwed Up Angie. I think this one is Gayle's or I saw it somewhere else. I'm adding the jump rope in as a warm-up and cool-down.

200 Jump Rope
100 Squats
100 Sit ups
100 Pull ups (Jumping)
100 Swings
200 Jump Rope

I might do a kettlebell drill after this, if I feel up to it.

Deanie ~ Good job on the workout this morning. I think on paper Crossfit workouts look really scary but once you get into them, they aren't as daunting. They are still tough but doable.

Rhonda ~ I'm glad you are doing better today. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I try to take things one day at a time and stay in the present as much as possible.

Gayle ~ You must have a beautiful garden.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn and Missy.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Good morning!

Got some great sleep last night...aaaaaah. :)

My mom is doing really well. She came home yesterday and will be starting PT today. She and my Dad are both retired, so he'll be around to help her out.

My gardens are doing pretty well (they should for all the work we've done! :p), although it's still a little early for things to bloom. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend.

Rhonda - I'm really glad you're feeling better. Cossack stretches are hard! I can't go low at all with them and I usually don't even bother to do them any weight. I'm fighting being enabled every day...stay strong! ;):p

Deanie - Great WOD!! Anything listed as AMRAP kills me.

Jane - Another great WOD! I wish I could take credit for it, but I don't think it's mine...but I'm copying and pasting for future reference. :)

Waves hello to Marcy, Missy and Andilynn! :)

I'm heading to the gym tonight to deadlift and maybe add on a short met con.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all! Looks like today will be a rest day for me(sort of) I'm headed out to powerwash the house and porch so I think maybe after I'll probably be done!? It's amazing how dirty a house can get just sitting here!

Gayle- Glad your mom is doing better! I'm glad you got some good sleep too!

Jane-Great workout, you know jumping rope seemed so easy when I was a kid but it's a real workout now.

Deanie and Rhonda- I agree with you on the Cossack stretch, I don't think I'll ever get that low, Lol!

Rhonda- I think that the recovery week is meant to be a lighter kind of do what you want week before heading on to the next Mesocycle so I picking out all my fun to do workouts!

Have a great day! :)

Good Afternoon!

I did Lisa Nunziella's Red Hot Salsa 2 this morning. Then I did Abs/Core+ from P90X+ (although didn't do all, ran out of time) (he does a hanging, standing, sitting and then lying down move):

Hanging Toe Tap Knee Raise
Tip Toe O'Crunch
Scorpion Plank with Twist (same as Round 4 - punch matrix of Newport)
Hanging Up & Overs (tough!)
Discus Thrower - 5# (2 dbbls) (like Core Synergistrics move - pivot on feet)
Warrior Bow - on all 4s, opposite arm and leg in and out)
Scissor Climber - kept heels off ground
Hanging Knee Kick - Really tough!
Wood Chopper 10# (1 dbbl) - like discus thrower but feet stay planted on floor)
Down Dog Crunch - leg up and then to plank - didn't really feel this one too much
Banana Mason - like Russian Twist (did with straight leg)
Mixed Bike - another tough one! (all the hanging moves are)
Stopped after this but here are the rest of the exercises:
X crunch (with bent leg)
Plange Sphinx to Plank (spider pushups)
Weighted Seated backstroke
Straight Leg X Crunch
360 Chaturanga Run - walking plank in a circle
Cherry Bomb

Also did a .2 mile sprint with Max.

Rhonda - Like Deanie said, Newport does get easier. It is definitely the toughest endurance wise. Took me a few times before I could get through the whole thing.

Deanie - Great workout! You definitely got a lot done in 20 minutes. I still have the Crossfit "no way I can do it attitude" but maybe it will change one day!

Jane - Great workout! I don't think you need to do a kettlebell drill after that workout!

Gayle - Glad to hear your mom is doing well and she has help. I'm sure your garden looks beautiful. My DH (usually has a great green thumb) practically killed our impatiens. He spread weed killer over them by mistake and now is trying desperately to bring them back to life. Aside from that, he always gets complimented on our lawn.

Andilynn - Enjoy your (sort of) rest day!

Marcy

I finally made it! :)

I did legs today...

Warm up: jump roping and walking lunges circuit

Workout: 4 couplets, 3 rounds of 10 each (per leg where applicable) before moving on to the next couplet

Rear Lunges (30#)/Side Lunges (30#)
Step Ups(30#)/Tap Downs - an almost pistol (8#, these are tough)
Squat(35#, slow)/Wall Sit (until I couldn't stand it any more, I didn't time it)
Dead Lifts(again, 35# slow)/Box Jumps

To top it off I did a tabata alternating slam balls and burpees. It was a good workout! I definitely felt it where I needed to.

Rhonda, I cannot for the life of me do a cossack (what even is that?) stretch, so I don't. :p I do walking lunges instead. Y'day's workout was AWESOME! I really feel it in my back and shoulders today. I did 5 pull-ups in a row... unassisted! My pb so far. I was doing the happy dance!

Deanie, I feel the same way about WODs, but I actually thought there was no way you could get a great workout in such a short amount of time. Yeah, I know, stupid me. Let me know how your upper body is feeling tomorrow after all of those pullups.

Jane, it looks like Angie passed out to me

Gayle, what all do you have in your garden? My irises and peonies just finished and it looks like my asiatics are getting ready to bloom - I love having a garden! We have a table in the back year now so I can go out and have my tea whilst admiring God's colors and our neighbor's horses behind our house. What a way to start the day. :)

Andilynn, I sure hope after all that hosing your house is sparkling! I hate our front porch - we clean it and it just gets nasty again because it is in just the right spot for wind to leave its mess behind.

Marcy, YES way you can do it! I can't remember what my first one was, but it's in writing here somewhere. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

All this garden talk reminds me to pick up some 7 in the near future. Before you know it Japanese beetles will be having orgies on my hibiscus and morning glories. Is it wrong of me that I love and value all life yet enjoy to watch these guys die?

Hope everyone enjoys a great night sleep. See you in the morning!

Missy

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.