~*~Melters - It's Thursday!!!~*~

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all...

Not sure where Deb is this morning, but I'll get this started. I just finished my five miles and now it's off to the shower! I'll bbl for personals.

I'm glad to see Shelley here this morning and hopes she feels better today. G'morning to Deb too. I'm headed out for coffee with a friend, followed by errandmax. I'll check back later.

Good Morning all you Chatty "Cathe's"

Today I got up at 4:30 and did Pure Strength Back, Biceps, & Abs. How is everyone today? My presentation went well, except the 100 tech people in the room could not get the Webex to work for the others around the country to view.. , so the ones in the room were the only ones that could see the presentation.. must have been pretty boring for the others to only hear me talk and no visual..
Today I get to take a client to the FedEx hub at the airport so they can see what it is like loading and unloading a cargo plane.. (they asked to see it)..

Shannon:
I can;t think of a computer free carreer, unless it is working at a Day Care center ( my sister-in-law runs one in Seattle) or something with animals, like at a zoo.. if you are running these places you would still need to use a computer! I do have a spare room but it is filled with all my quilting stuff! DH was a little better last night, or else I was so exhausted I didn;t hear him..Sorry to hear about your knee..I thought the eliptical was supposed to be impact free?

Robin:
I have 3 very large african violets that need to be repotted.. I am going to separate them and start new ones.. I love these! I have solid purple and one purple and white striped one.

Lainie:
I think your wild imagination is running rampant in your dreams!

Tneah:
My DH would kill me if I put on a MJ cd! He thinks its acid reflux that does that to him.. makes him snore..? Good luck at the dentist.

Leanne:
I wish we had a Trader Joe's here I have to pull out MIS one of these days. It sounds like you got a good workout in. Are those camis for working out or wearing under clothes?

Shelly:
Hope you feel better today!

TK:
Yes, I think DH has some sort of infection. He had taken an anti-biotic for 10 days, it appears to clear it up,then a couple of days later it comes back.. I think he needs to see the DR.. but you know what they say about how Dr's are about being patients..I love the fact that you went to the Spam museum! too funny! LOL

Have a great day and don;t eat too much Spam!

Deb

Hi again,

DH and I just saw in the paper that a very good friend of ours's GS ( 29 years old) died after a snow boarding accident this past weekend.. so sad. This young man was the light of his grandfather's life.. the grandparents practically raised him, and the article said he had just moved back in with them to help take care of them.. :( The grandfather is an old friend of DH's and is the owner of the cabin that DH and friends go to for hunting each year.

Good morning, Melters -

Would anybody like to cheer me up? I could use it. Blah.

I did a 50-min stretch last night, which felt good. I may try some low impact step, or maybe pull out my old low impact floor routines pretty soon. My knee is still complaining, the stupid thing. It's a good thing I really don't intend to melt, because it'd be pretty hard without decent cardio.

Shelley - so, what are your evening plans since you already worked out?

Robin - did you just drink coffee, or did you get a special treat, too? Yum!

Deb - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's GS - that's terrible. I hope the family is okay. I have to tell you - there's NO WAY I'd ever work in a day care center. Yikes. I'll stick with the computers, thank you very much! :p Hey, does it help the snoring if your DH rolls over? My mom always jabs my dad and tells him to roll over when his gets bad.

Leanne - the job search is going nowhere... our job market stinks. But I'll keep looking.

TK - yes, ellpticals are no-impact. It's the repetitive motion that bugs my knee, I think.

Good Morning Everyone:)

I am up and slurping my coffee and water/protein shake...in one hour I cannot eat or drink anything for 6 hours, oh joy, isn't it lovely to go without water for that long? I can do the no food thing, but water? Sheesh.x( Sigh, oh well, you have to follow the precautions before surgery I suppose.

Hey Shannon, I'll cheer ya up!:7 I have to go get my mouth cut open and and parts of an old tooth crushed and yanked out of my mouth this afternoon!:+ How's that? I'll trade you places and take your cranky calf on, if you take on my mouth issues.:p Seriously, sorry you are having one of those blah days. Are you taking glucosamine? I take it now for my own silly knees, and notice it does help with the creakiness. I know, the repetitive thing gets to your joints after awhile, especially if you go really fast. Like I said before, the bike is the only thing I do that doesn't bother my knees or hips, but it gets boring doing that everyday as I am sure Robin can attest to!

Deb, My DH takes protonix for acid reflux, have your DH see if he needs meds to cure his snoring problem. It works really well, my DH used to snore really bad too, but since taking the protonix, it has pretty much resolved itself. I jab him too, if he does start snoring, but its only if he is laying on his back, I just roll him over! I am sorry to hear about your friends loss, that is a terrible blow.

Robin, have fun with your friend, a good cup of coffee and a visit with a friend are two of life's little pleasures.:D

Shelley! So glad to see your pretty face back here. Sounds like you are feeling better now, good. Your package was sent out Monday, I wanted to "speed ship", but didn't have your phone number, and they will not ship it fast internationally without one. So, hopefully you will receive it very soon.

I am still doing my diet with added carbs when I feel I need them...but after surgery today, I am not sure what I will be able to eat? I will have an open socket thingy (gross) so probably soup or something....protein shakes will work to, I do understand the importance of protein now during this whole drama....really makes your muscles look harder, you feel stronger and I think even my hair is growing faster which is very cool.
Got alot of writing done yesterday....so will not feel guilty resting after the ordeal today. DH ordered "American Gangster" and "Michael Clayton" from Amazon, so maybe I will watch those.

Oh! Remember I told you all about those sugar free, carb free, calorie free products I ordered? They came yesterday. The peanut butter spread tastes like a lab experiment, when I offered a spoonful to George (he loves PB) he practically ran from me!}( It is the most vile thing on earth, I cannot even explain how vile. The jams are okay, the alfredo sauce was actually delicious, I mixed it with ground turkey breast and heated it up, then served it over baby spinach-:9 But the caramel dip and the marshmallow dip? They taste like plastic. So that is my Walden Farms review..BBL to yell a big ole hey to Lainie, Leanne, TK, and the rest of you Melters!

Whew. I had to take both kids with me to the grocery store today (since they're off school this week). Agony. I survived, though, and they could have been worse.

I am thinking about starting BFL soon so I loaded up on some BFL-friendly foods. I guess I won't be doing the official challenge since it's too late for this round (supposed to start before Feb. 11).

I am thinking of doing LIC upper body circuit premix today--or something like that.

I'm hungry already and I just had breakfast 3 hours ago. I guess this 6 meals a day thing will be good (though I haven't started yet).

Shelley, great job on the mileage this morning. I sent you a drink on Facebook yesterday hoping to cheer you. Wish I could send you a real drink. At least you'll get your next real gift from me soon. ;)

Robin, hope you have a nice coffee with your friend. I wish I could do that today. Too many anklebiters underfoot (2 too many).

Deb, I don't know about your hubby, but every time I take my neverending illness to the doctor, it just doesn't look like much to them (even though it is everlastingly annoying to me). I wonder if it's just my allergies acting up and then developing sinus infections off the allergies or what. Probably I should just blame the rugrats.

Shannon, I actually do need to melt and I can't do any decent cardio either. Very annoying. Problem with starting BFL is you're supposed to do HIIT and I don't know how to do that without hurting my knees (at least until I get a bike). DH is coming around a little more about the bike, I think.

Tneah, good luck with not eating or drinking, and of course, good luck with the surgery. It'll be over before you know it (just keep telling yourself that).

Leanne, I had more weird dreams last night (actually, I have them every night) but this time it was one of those "can't find any clothes to wear and am walking around half-naked" sort of dreams. That and I kept forgetting my kids--like I was out all night and went home at 11 am and realized Ewan was home by himself all night. What the heck? I would never do that. It's not like I'm Britney Spears (though I guess she has people to help, theoretically). The theme of these dreams seems to be I'm afraid of being irresponsible or something. Huh.

TK, I don't knock you for your Spam love, though it is amusing. It makes me think of the Monty Python Spam-a-lot musical on Broadway, which I'd love to see.

OK, gotta go do some laundry (it never goes away, ugh). Hope to bbl to see who else shows up.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey girls~ I'm back. I've had a helluva morning and I just want today to be over with.

Robin - enjoy your errandmax and coffee! When do you go back to work? Too soon, probably.

Deb - your job sounds fascinating! Sorry about the glitch in your presentation. So much for the fabulous IT people, huh? I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How tragic!

Shannon - it's almost Friday! Does that cheer you up at all? No evening plans besides doing some laundry. Do I know how to live it up or what?

Tneah - thanks again for the package! I can't wait! Good luck at the dentist and take it easy! Those products you ordered sound mostly awful! How hilarious that George ran away from the PB!:D

Lainie - what gift??? Thanks for the Facebook drink:) I appreciate it. I used to have dreams all the time about leaving Sophie places when she was little. I still have them now, but not as frequently. I won't even regale you with my dreams. You'll have me locked up.

TK - your Spam stories are cracking me up! On GMail, when you go into your Spam folder, there's always a link to a recipe using Spam at the top of the page. They all sound vile! My dad used to eat fried Spam. Ugh!

Okay, back to the grind.

I am still waiting to go to the dentist....whaaa....trying not to think about the two quarts of water I would have downed by now, I had a protein shake and whole wheat tortilla early this AM so I am not hungry yet....whaaa...isn't it just like human nature? When we are told we cannot do something it is all we think about? I am chewing gum to avoid cotton mouth. Oh, and I saw a pic of my dentist/oral surgeon. Guess what? He's super cute. I hate that. I want my doctors to NOT be super cute-especially when it concerns poking around in "body cavities"....

Oh, LauraMax is back!:7 I caught her post over on the Ask Cathe. Good to have her back.:)

Shelley, all your good karma is catching up to you in the form of wonderful things arriving in the mail!:7

I am passing time watching "The View". Question: Who the heck likes this show? I am trying, but its not clicking with me at all. And Elizabeth H. is wearing a horrid gold lame something or other...yuk. Okay, now I'm just being bitchy.

Alright girls, I probably should write some more...that is what they pay me to do....

I'm back, melters.

Deb, I think it would be kind of interesting to see a Fed Ex plane load and unload. Once. LOL. Sorry your presetation wasn't carried to all who heard it. How annoying. Hugs to all on the loss of the young man. How sad.

Shannon, sorry your knee is still misbehaving. I also had a bagel with my coffee. Yum. LOL about your response to working in a day care center. I have to agree with you. The few times I volunteered to help in the classroom when my kids were in elementary school gave me a whole new appreciation for their teachers.

tneah, I hope your procedure isn't too awful. Isn't it fuuny that what we worry about most is not being able to eat or drink for an extended period? My biggest fear with my surgery was having to go without coffee for over 12 hours! That reminds me of when DH and I were youth leaders at our church and we joined the kids in a 30 hour fast to make them aware of famine worldwide. The first time we did it, we had the kids spend the night here, then went on a "field trip" on Saturday, to get their mind off not eating. We took them to ChocolateWorld at Hershey. LOL. We came home and took them out for a Mexican dinner when the fast was over. The manager was so nice. When he heard the kids had been fasting for over 30 hours, he treated them all to appetizers.

Lainie, could you join a gym that has daycare facilities? Then you could use the bike or elliptical until your DH comes around to getting you a bike. Thank goodness I have one, even if it is old and cranky.

Hi Shelley, I go back to work Sat March 1. Yeah, I really can't wait. Sheesh. Someone from work called yesterday to find out when I was coming back (I had told at least two people, but no one ever listens). I guess they are having a terrible time. Shucks. And then in another 2 weeks or so, I head south. Oh, the guilt is killing me!

I did CCv7 when I got home from my morning out. Followed by baking a cherry pie for DH. We are having a nice romatic dinner for 2 tonight. Hopefully I'll work off the pie }(

Dear goodness woman, you are a true pie artist!:9 That is a beauty, mine never, ever look like that, and I can smell the aroma from here....yummers...indulge and then work it off--I hear it burns quite a few calories.;)

Yes, I am back and still feeling a bit drugged. My mouth isn't swollen yet, but tastes dry and gross. I just downed another quart of water, drank some more coffee and made a "protein pudding", just mixed a little water into my protein mix to make it like pudding. Now I am going back to lay down. This sucks, yukky stuff. I have to rest for two days, no exercise, no nothin'. :7 Yes, I am happy about that!:p I love to rest when its "prescribed" by a doctor, it lets me off the hook.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.