~*~JULY 10 Check In for Tuesday, the 6th~*~

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey girls!

Just starting us out today. ON tap for me is TURBO FIRE 55 EZ class. I'm going to be drenched, i know!

Planning on a fun afternoon in the pool. I can only hope fights don't erupt as they usually do. LOL!

BBL! gotta get some breakfast!

Hi ladies!! Sorry, I was MIA in action again this weekend! I didn't get on the computer at all. You girls were chatty!

Chris, your pool sounds like fun!! DH was testing our water trampoline for the camping/cottage trip coming up this weekend. He filled it up with water and kids had a blast playing in it. Maybe Hiit 15 was tougher cause you knew the moves so were able to put more into it? I kind of felt the same as you about Sculpt. Although I did feel it in my triceps the next day. My legs have been a bit sore, but don't know if it's from Sculpt or TF in general.

I do remember us talking last year about not going to any fireworks and feeling guilty! Was that just a year ago?? We didn't go to any either. We sat across the street with the neighbors and oohed and aahed over the ones we could see over the trees. And argued about which ones were coming from the "big" fireworks show our suburb does, just like we did last year!

Beth, I managed to avoid that Mary sale! Don't really need anything, but I'm sure I would have found something I wanted if I went over there. I did hear about Chalene's tubing accident. Very scary. Glad she seems to be OK. Kind of hit home as DH will be tubing with the kids next week. I'm a worrywart, but it all just makes me so nervous. So, it looks like you may be leaning towards getting Turbo Fire? ;) I didn't do the new to class option since I've done her Turbo Kicks, which have a lot of the same types of combos. But, for sure, if you haven't done Turbo Kick, I would start with the new to class option. She really just jumps into it with no breakdown.

Hottie, great shopping this weekend!! Cute butterfly top. I hate to laugh at Joe thinking the back was the front. That's a lot of step you did! And, on 8 inches is great! Bathroom sounds pretty - pics??

Beth and Chris - I haven't had the anniversary of my dad's death yet, but it must be hard. I'm sorry for both of you for losing your dads so young. My dad died around Christmas and DH's dad died the year before around Christmas. It's going to be tough next year. I think I am kind of avoiding the pain, or putting up barriers, if that makes sense. I went to one memorial service the hospital had with my mom a few months ago, but didn't really want to go. I knew it would be painful and it was. My mom's been asking me to go the cemetary with her and I haven't yet. I feel horrible about it, but know I am going to have a breakdown there. I feel like I haven't really grieved yet. I mean, I did when he was dying and when he finally passed, but it's been weird since then. Father's Day was pretty tough, though. OK - enough of my therapy for the day!!

Kathy, we miss you - thanks for checking in! Hope you have a good trip home!

Our weekend was crazy. We had so many kids in and out and sleeping over and our kids sleeping other places, I lost track!! Jameson made it home safely and seemed to have a good time. I wouldn't know cause lately pulling anything out of him other than "yes" "no" and "I'm hungry" is a struggle. ;) He did sleep till 2:30 yesterday afternoon, so I don't think he got much sleep there. We hung out at home most of the weekend. Had some friends and neighbors over Saturday for our "empty the leftovers in the cooler" party! I must say they did a fine job! For the 4th we went to a parade (it was incredibly hot!) and then just hung around with neighbors again. Yesterday I took the kids to see Toy Story 3. Very cute movie but very sad at the end. Not sad as in someone dies or gets hurt, but very emotional. I think the boys were a bit teary-eyed under their 3D glasses!

I've kept up with TF. Still loving it. Today was Turbo 45 EZ. Chris, I don't think you've done that one yet - another great one!! I am thinking about the weights though and adding some in. I'm going to finish out this month on the rotation as is before we go to the cottage and then start month two when we get back and add in weights. Not sure what or how - still thinking about it!

Had more to say...but I've been blabbing enough!

BBL...

Joanne

Good morning! Back to reality today.... finally the kids are in a sort of sports "camp" at school so I go to work, but it's really short, so I have to fly when I'm there (and somehow also find a bathing suit for Dylan while I'm in town).

Chris, you have a good day planned! Enjoy the pool -- hopefully no fights!!

Joanne, nice to get caught up with you -- sounds like a good weekend! Of course you will worry when they're all gone without you!! Larry is off to Florida with Dylan on Sunday (hence the rush for the suit) and of course I will worry about them....

I know what you mean about your dad and not really grieving yet.... it's so hard, and it probably will be a tough Christmas for you this year. :( Maybe when everyone's gone you can get together with your mom and go to the cemetery? Maybe it's been hard because you haven't had the "space" with all of normal life encroaching? Just an idea. I do think it's something you need to do at some point.

Yes, I'm thinking I may eventually break down and get "the fire" -- but as I said, I think I'll wait a little while, try to do some more turbo jams in the meantime, and make sure I like them. I do like the idea of the varied workout times -- that seems very convenient for adding them in (which I seem to be into this week! :)).

This morning I did 40/20, and must say I kept up with it quite well! I think those zuzana's things have really helped! I wasn't sure endurance-wise I'd be ok, but I was fine. Then I did Sculpture upper body. I'm such a doofus.... when I was all done I realized I should have done lower body today! Oh brother. Anyway, she so fries with three pound weights!!! It's amazing, but I found it much harder than 4DS I did the other day!

Kathy should be back soon, eh?

Hottie, that top is even cuter seen from the front. Nice! How's your eye today? And are you in charge of the party for the friend who's getting married? Honestly, I don't think I really know any female who really enjoys the strip club thing -- even in younger days. I think you should do something the bride would like!!

Have a good one!

Hey again!

I finished TURBO FIRE 55 EZ Class. I have to say, it may have been a TINY bit easier this time, but , I love the music and I push it REAL good! (cue in the music). And again, I was ON FIRE at the end. Love it. What more can I say.

the boys want to have lunch first and then we'll go in the pool . It's 90 degress out now, and they're predicting 100!!! :eek: Muggy too! I am so excited we have the pool AND A/C. I am so spoiled! But because of these things, I LOVE summer!

Hottie:
Glad your eye is feeling better. Hope it's ok today! Ya know, I think you'd love turbo fire. Have you done Turbo Jam before? I forget. If you like TJ at ALL and want to be pushed hard, then TF is what you should get! It's 99% music and wanting to push myself harder because of it. Plus Chalene really motivates me too. .... Good points on Beachbody's and Chalene's motives for more cardio and less heavy weight work. Very true!.... Oh I can try REALLY hard to a "professional" at work, but some times I do believe my face gives me away. It's really hard to not grimace when a patient (aka Prince used to be) is doing something totally gross (don't ask). ... Okay, YOU'RE considered "weird" for not liking strip clubs but SHE'S not weird for not drinking alcohol? Sounds like the kettle calling the pot black. .. And I have to admit, in my wild college days (remember I was quite wild), I'd go to a strip club with my friends and partake in "quarter shot" nights, and have a blast watching the guys flash their D***s at us! Yep, I did. On the other side of the MALE strippers, they had FEMALE strippers for the guys. And when the "show" was over, they'd open the doors and mix us all up. Drunk horny college kids , good times!!! :eek:..,.. Hmmmm. I'll have to see if the boys ever heard of Final Fantasy. .. LOVE that top , after seeing both sides! So pretty!!!

Joanne: You guys always have such a fun weekend!! what the heck is a water trampoline? LOL! Sounds fun!... Yes, my shoulders are definitely feeling the Sculpt class from yesterday. And my legs have been feeling continuously 'sore' too!! Must be from the cardio. .....I haven't done the 45 class yet! I'm excited to do it! It will be on Thursday!. Ohmygosh. Christmas is going to be so hard. I totally get ya on not going to the cemetary yet. I think I've brought my kids there once before. My mom is religious about going, and putting flowers there. And my oldest brother. Makes me feel a little guilty. But it's like a knife in my heart, I swear. I am going to bring them this week.

Beth:
WOW on 40/20!! that one is scary to me. the dread factor. Awesome you did it and it wasn't so bad!!! .. I'm also going to wait a bit on the Deluxe Fire DVDs. ... At least until I'm almost done with the current TF rotatin. .. Why are Larry and Dylan going to FL? ...

*WAVES* to Kathy!!!!

hey guys! I did Disc 13 -- CST. I loved it! I love pyramid down, the less reps, and the greater rest time. I thought Iw as going to dread it this morning but I didn't. At the end though I was worried (since I dropped some weight for the triceps) that I did't work my arms hard enough and then I went to reach up for something in the closet and BAM, there it was already! I hope I can move later. I came into work to find my experiment on Saturday got contaminated completely. Oh well. I don't think I'll ever stop being a grad student at this rate. Trying not to get too down.

I think the way my body stores belly fat has changed for the worse. so I really love how my arms have been looking..dare I even say my back but my belly and butt have just gotten out of control. I'm up almost 15lbs from last year and it feels like its mostly in my belly. eeek. I started right today though. filled up my big water jug to make sure I drink it all today, brought a bunch of fiber rich snacks and I'm back to weighing myself every day.

Oh well...

Oh and my DH (this time dumb husband) stayed up all night because his cough kept him up. His solution? Not to wake me up and ask me how to make it better...or I don't know gargle...play FFXIII all night. I got up at 6a to still find only evee in his spot and saw that he had significantly levelled us up...for 6+ hours. Now, that's going to make this string of boss battles hella easier but geez. I said, crap, do you have bronchitis now? ::whimper:: why didn't you wake me up? why didn't you just take codeine? it knocks you out. He sat there dumbfounded for not thinking of it. Well, I sent him off to work but he can leave early as I don't have too much to do since my thing on saturday didn't work.

Ok, NOW for personals.

Chris -- I just got TJ from the friend who was moving. It's ok to me...it's funny to see Chalene before she got all hollywooded up. I see how it could be more fun if it went a little faster...but maybe its because I was looking at the easier stuff. Those burn intervals from CLX -- that was a lot more fun and I imagine that's what TF is like. She really shone when she did the kickboxing stuff too. My friend has HepC from her mom getting a bad blood transfusion back when they didn't check. So i think that's why she doesn't take any alcohol. Honestly, I think part of the reason why she stays with me when I'm an option instead of her other friends because they all binge drink. It's not that I don't drink but I see no reason to drink when the rest of my company doesn't. She wants, I think, the strippers, so I'm happy to make her happy...but honestly, if I were NEAR her for the wedding/last couple years, I think I would have been the maid of honor and I would have given her an awesome b-party surrounded by her playdash thing (its basically this huge scavenger hunt thing around SF that Google/Silicon Valley people partake in). But I'm stuck in LA. But she has hinted she wanted me to come before hand so we could hang out just the two of us and also hinted that I prep for a spa day since I'm so good with the pampering stuff. Oh, its pretty bad when I'm the girliest friend she has! When she came last summer for another wedding that was walking distance from my house in fact, I asked her if she wanted to do anything -- like a mani/pedi and then she said nah, but maybe I shoulda waxed my legs and then five minutes later she's on my bed and we're talking and I'm waxing her legs for her.

I keep on waiting for a shipping confirmation of my new outfit! I want it now! :)

Joanne -- actually, I think your IMSA potential boy wouldn't be IMSA quality if he didn't play the FF series. It's like the ultimate nerd rpg. i'll put up pictures of the bathroom soon on fb. we finished the trim last night...its super girl though, but its going to probably be a work in progress. I love it, Joe loves it but I made a comment that it was possibly too girly romantic for selling quality so we may have to paint over it when we sell the place and he was like, no, I don't think so which means he really likes it. I have this great idea for like a mosaic, transitional theme for the bathroom...sorta modern sorta not. We'll see. I do want to see Toy Story 3. Its one of the few movies I'm willing to put money to go see in the theater and even in 3D. thanks for the warning...I heard the premise of the story and could see how it could tug at the heart strings.

Beth -- I think 40/20 is the hardest because of the short rest period. I like it but the last time I did it, I didn't think it was going to hit me so bad and man it did! So who won you over the most with this TF thing? Joanne or Chris? I think the double whammy of the two of them loving it so much is drawing me closer and closer to my wallet.

Ok, going to load the gel and eat a sensible lunch!

Chris, how was your afternoon in the pool? Hope you've been having a blast! It barely got to 65 here.... just crazy weather. It was drizzly this morning and just looks like it's going to rain.

Larry and Dylan are going to Florida for Larry's mother's 80th birthday! We probably all ought to go, but honestly Larry wasn't sure his mom could deal with Travis and the combination of both kids. So, we'll have our own little bonding on both coasts.

Yeah, Joanne, what is that water trampoline thing?!

Hottie, crazy about Joe up all night. That boy does have video game issues, doesn't he? I need to watch for that at my house, as the boys get older, I think!

Meso 2 fun.... you make me want to jump in -- I was actually thinking about it because it's done in a way where it'd be easy to do one body part a day with cardio. But, I don't know that I will.

Can't wait to see pics of the bathroom!

Oh, and on TF.... it was a combination of Chris & Joanne and all the review threads I've been skimming on vf. There is a thread there where someone bought it and just can't do the moves and well, that gave me pause, but a lot of people are being really encouraging. The way I see it I'm not going to be able to stick to any rotation this summer because of my mom and hopefully we are having a family vacation in August, so.... I'm going to try to make myself do the occasional turbo jam, see how that goes, and then maybe order in the fall. It is tempting!!

Hey Girls...

We actually had a very nice, CORDIAL , afternoon in the pool! It was great to be outside in such hot weather, but be able to be cool in it. Loved it!.

But, my 14 yr old continues to drive me crazy. Quick version. he and the 12 yr old boy across the street do NOT get along. He and Zach had a VERY nasty conversasion on FB. The other boy used words like "F" and "The C Word", and called ME a "Bitch". So Zach is at the end of the driveway today "talking" to Mikey and his friend. They were not having a friendly discussion. Zach starts threatening Mikey, and shortly afterwards, HITS him! TWICE! PUNCHES him! To the GROUND. I was soooooo PISSED! He KNEW I was standing there too.

Help me. This is ONLY 14!!! I have YEARS left!!!

Hottie: My DH would do the same thing as Joe. I know he would. And here I am getting mad at ZACH for staying up until 3am playing video games! Ugh. .... YOU are making me want to do STS too! I think I def like M2 the best as well!! I really need some heavy weight work soon!!!... Oh, ok. Your friend has a very good reason to not drink! :eek: So it's more her friends that rag on you for not liking strip bars? YOU are WAY girly girly , WAY more than me anyways! :p Can't wait to see pics of your bathroom! It sounds beautiful!

Beth:
65? No way! Actually , 90-100 isn't atypical weather here in the summer. But it usually comes in August. It seems our weather is a month ahead of itself since Spring started. ... Sounds like a good plan for Turbo Fire. .... That's a long trip to FL for Larry and Dylan! But it WILL be nice bonding for them and for you and your other boys at home too.

I have to find Rescue Me on line. Apparently I didn't have it set to DVR and I missed the last 20 minutes of last week! ... off I go! Hope it's there!! (Joanne and Hottie, did you end up watching it?)

must steal cupcakes...

you guys SHOULD do meso 2 with me! seriously, I loved today's workout. And I'm pretty sure the next workout are the trisets with Legs which I really liked too. It really felt like this perfect workout today...I hope the good feelings stay.

Well, the game is over. Beat the final boss (all three forms) on the first try. So, if any of you guys think your boys want to try it, let me know. here's the website. http://www.finalfantasyxiii.com/#/content/Home/0

its pretty no doubt. it also doesn't hurt that the strongest warriors were both women.

I watched the first episode of Rescue Me, not the second one. I think it didn't DVR it or I lost track of time...

Beth -- yeah, its 68 in the house right now! It's awesome! Free A/C! Free A/C! My outfit just got shipped today! I'm thinking it'll be here by thursday latest friday! woot! it's like Xmas time! have you gotten your dvds yet? I remember you saying Mary was super fast.

I wish there were more clips of turbofire so I could see it and hear the music. I realize that Cathe has spoiled me with good music. I was doing that KCM workout and thought, this could be such a better workout if it had better music. And then the other night I had turbo jam on to preview the moves and Joe came in and said, "That's Cathe's music but that's not cathe!" I know Cathe's dvds are more expensive and its pretty clear it comes from paying the higher licensing fees for the music but man, I'm so glad she does it.

Tomorrow CCC first thing in the AM! Wish me luck!! Going to try and channel beth in the next 30 mins!

ph and before I go to bed -- Chris -- the C word is like, you went too far for me word and I think I woulda hit a kid for saying that in front of me without me realizing it until its too late! Honestly, boys are so strange!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.