~*~JAN 09~*~WEDNESDAY, 1/21 Check-In~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Okay... I'm going to get started, hoping not to double post again! LOL!!!!

5yjbztv.gif

Okay.. I think I'm safe to post again... :p

Everyone seems missing lately... whatcha all doing??? You can't possibly be BUSY with life!??! ;)

My workout was from PS today: Back and Biceps with added sets to make 3 sets for all. I swear, I feel like such a weakling when it comes to bicep barbell curls. I can ONLY do about 20 lbs for 10 reps. I can do 30 with dumbells, but the barbell kills me for some weird reason. And then I look at Debbie's weigth (FF) and she lifted 65#s!!!!:confused:

Hubby is off today. Not sure what we'll do.... It's colder than a witch's you-know-what out, but the sun is shining so brightly, it looks so pretty on all the white snow we have!

My stomach is growling... better go get my post-workout snack!

Oh yeah! Forgot to say , I added on 20 minutes of Kathy Smith Yoga Flex. My body has been so sore the last 2 days. I moan and groan like an old person when I get up !! I need to do yoga/stretching more. GOT to!

Good morning! Chris, I waited to see the thread started before posting so I wouldn't do a double. :)

Good workout -- on the bicep curls -- I know what you mean! But, oddly enough, I was thinking the barbell made it easier to go heavy -- I can't remember now, but I do remember there being a difference in what I could do and how it felt.

Kathy, I'm so curious as to how your viewing of the inauguration with kids went yesterday. My kids watched at school, so when I picked them up, I asked them what they thought about it. Before the older one could even take a breath to answer, the younger one said "Really boring!" We talked about how there were probably a lot of things that were hard to understand, so no wonder some of it seemed boring to him. When Larry got home from work, we rehashed a little bit, and Larry said, "well, I thought it was a little boring, too" and my older son said, "but you understand big words, Dad!" :D

Joanne, ug, I can so sympathize with how you're feeling. This CLX is really wiping me out! It was tough again this morning, but I did BC2. I'm really wondering how I'm going to manage the push phase!!

Yoga, yoga..... good for you, Chris, and Joanne for doing recharge. I really think stretching helps, and I think part of why I'm dragging is maybe because I'm not doing enough. There's a yoga class at the community center tonight, and I may go because some of my friends are. I have a long afternoon at school with the kids -- extra art class to wait through and then I have a school site council meeting. So, we'll see.

Vilma, calling Vilma -- how are you?! I'm worried about you.

Hottie, how's your roof?!

-Beth

HI ladies..

Chris: you were good to start. No double postings..LOL..I was busy this morning. Lauren wasn't feeling well. So, dr appt confirmed a sinus infection. So, now she will be medicated along with her dad who has the same thing...

Beth: The viewing went really good. I don't know how deep there understanding went. But, they were really interested in it. We watched it for about an hour or so. Them coming in and the swearing in and so forth. Chris wrote a really great journal entry in his Language assignment today about it. They get how historical this inauguration was..I am glad about that!

Checking in today with an option on the rotation of rest day or PUB. Since I am sore, I decided that my body needs the rest day. So, rest day for me. I will be taking Chris to PE class later and running errands. Lauren can rest with her dad at home.

Anyway, that's all for now!!

Kathy, enjoy your rest day -- I know I really needed one yesterday. I'm seriously considering a rest week -- no weights for a week.

Yes, it is good that the kids get the historical impact of yesterday. One day last week at school I was talking to a teacher that that was most of the importance of them watching yesterday, and we talked about the fact that these kids are growing up in a world where it's maybe hard for them to grasp the real significance of it -- and, that, too, is a good thing! It's just amazing how much progress has been made in my lifetime.

-Beth

Hi ladies!

Chris, I hear ya on the stretching. I really need to do more, too. I felt so good after the CLX recharge workout this weekend. I'm always time-crunched, so if I have to skip something it's the stretching. I have noticed I'm a bit more flexible since starting CLX probably since I actually do the stretching at the end. It's not much, though. Hope you have a fun day with hubby! Yea, FF's weights amaze me!!

Beth, that's so funny what your son said about the "big words"! We watched the inauguration at work - very moving! The kids were supposed to watch it at school and I figured they'd watch it on TV. Well, they tried to stream it over the Internet and it didn't work very well. Ian said he only got to see the speech and it "was boring". I was kind of dissapointed that they missed it.

Vilma, hope you are OK.

Kathy, sinus infections are horrible. Hope you stay healthy! Enjoy your rest day!

Today was BC2 for me. That is definitely the toughest of the Burn workouts. Felt just a teensy bit not so tough this time, though. I need to get some weights in between 15 and 20. I was going to use the treadmill during my lunch but I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something. Not good! My throat is really sore - I'm taking Airborne - hope that helps. I do NOT want to be sick! Beth, do you start Push next week? Can't wait to hear how it is!

Have a good day all...

Joanne

Joanne, do you have any hand weights? I've been putting mine on for some of the things where 15 is too light and 20 is too heavy. The extra pound doesn't do a huge bit, but it's all I can do for now. I agree that BC2 is the hardest -- I'm glad it's done. Yes, I'm going to start push next week -- one week early. Get yourself some cold-eez or zicam if you can -- I think those help (but be sure to do them on a full stomach!!). Hope you don't get sick!

-Beth

Hey again!

DH took 2 of the boys for haircuts, so I'm home with just one! It's soooo quiet!!! (ahhhh!)

Beth: That's funny you can lift more with a BB. I almost feel it's something in my back that makes it harder for me. I dunno.... My boys all saw the Inauguration at school too. I think they were excited about it, because I was! LOL! But my 13 year old was just "whatever" about it (he's "whatever" about anything though!). YOu're right about it not being a big thing because they don't know prejudice like older people do. And that *IS* a good thing! I couldn't get enough of it yesterday. Even watched the coverage of the Balls. So glamorous. I think the fact that they are youthful, and parents, and attractive, just makes me want more of them! (Not to mention, they're not a "Bush"... sorry if I offended anyone ).

Joanne: My body is still sore all over. And then I'm thinking maybe I need a "rest" week too. Esp. after 2 months of FF's Rotations! I think my last rest week was in July! But then , I also want to do my 1RM's. Do you think it would be considered "rest" to do 1RM's and light cardio/stretching for a week? I'm not surprised you may be getting sick , Joanne. It sounds like you've been pushing yourself hard lately, besides the emotional stress you've been dealing with. I think Airborne is good for preventing colds, but you have to take the Ziacam stuff to STOP or lessen a cold. Yes, don't take it on an empty stomach!!

Kathy: Sorry to hear your daughter is sick. A sinus infection sucks! Does she still have classes/school with you, or do you give her a 'sick day'? I think a rest is a wise decision! Stretch it out!!!

Hottie: Where are ya? Yes, I forgot about your roof... is it fixed?

Vilma: I'm worried along with Beth too!!! Hope you're ok!!!

Off to do laundry and make dinner....

Beth, I do have hand weights - that's a good idea.

Chris, I'm not sure if the 1RM would be considered rest. But, I it would probably be a good idea to do them on a day you're not doing another workout. I might take a rest week between this phase and the next of CLX. Are you starting STS as soon as it comes?

I'm stopping to get Zicam on my way to the train. Are the chewables as effective as the nasal spray?

My goofy dog has woken me up at 3:30 am the last two nights - part of the reason I feel crappy! She wants me to let her out and she never does that during the night. Not sure what's up with that. I can feel her staring at me and then she starts barking/growling. Sometimes she does that when she wants to get up on the bed (she always asks for "permission" first ;)), but that wasn't working last night.

Have a good evening all!

Joanne

Thanks , Joanne... I think I will follow the lead of people here, maybe wait for Cathe to start the STS? I don't want to do it all alone! LOL!!

YES! ,... the Ziacam meltaways are best. You have to take one every 3 hours or so, (I think I took them every 3 hours , while awake, for 2 or 3 days), and the "sore-ish" throat never progressed, it just "went away"!!! Not sure about the nasal swabs...:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.