~*~ CHEETAH'S FABULOUS FRIDAY ~*~

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Hello friends!

Holy shmmoley, this has been such an obnoxiously busy week! I’ve decided to drop one of my summer online classes because I simply am feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything to do along with my job, family, workouts, etc…and I don’t like that always ON stressed feeling 24/7, especially since I want to focus well on my health and training for Chicago Marathon and not have any issues come up. Ok, before I head off to get some sleep before the alarm in 6 hours (my day shift tomorrow) I wanna say HIYA!! TO KRISI! We missed you and are glad you checked in! Hopefully I can get caught up on the threads and personals by tomorrow night. Sat is busy for me and then I’m staying down in Sacto Saturday so I can run the 5K at the Nike women’s festivalon Sunday. Uh, don’t expect any miracle miles outta this cheetah though! I haven’t seen 9:30 min miles for a while now but I’m hoping to get back to that within the next year…lol. I’m gonna be lucky to get 11’s on Sunday me thinks…LOl

ok, off to bed for me….have a great Friday cheetahs!

Posh..

Btw, what are you Chicago Cheetahs planning? did I miss something? rut roe…Should I be very afraid if I look out the peep hole at the hotel and see the “3 C’s” smiling through?....lol.

Good morning, Posh & the cheetah crew-- :) :) :)

Happy Friday indeed!

Posh :: "Obnoxiously busy" -- doesn't that sum it up very well? I hear ya! :7 Sounds like a good idea dropping one of the classes. Good luck tomorrow! I am where you are in the speed department. We'll get there again.

Kristi :: thanks for dropping in to give us an update. We were wondering where you were and how you were doing with your injury. I didn't realize how long the recovery time was for an injury like that.Sorry things have been so hectic, to boot.

Dallas :: That's good that the kids'll be out of that messed up soccer club. Will DH be doing any coaching?...Thanks for the cheery thoughts. :) Once grades are in and this NB exam is behind me, a load will be lifted. So far, I am working one committee.

I know I won't be working out this evening. I am due for a pedi after school (I was going to cancel, so I could do more grading but figured I'll probably benefit from getting into "spa mode") and then I have to make a trial run to the testing center to make sure I find it OK. So, I will just live vicariously through the fierce w/outs of the cheetah babes.

TGIF, friends!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning all!

Cathy: Good luck on the test!

Posh: I hear you on the super busy week! Hang in there girl. Glad you cancelled the class!

Dallas: I have not been checking in regularly either. Too busy. Thanks re: the pain.

That's all I have time for. I have not really talked to DH all week since we both have been so busy! Can't wait till the craziness calms down! Take care all! I have been thinking of you.

Good morning ladies!

Just a quickie for the moment. I'm gettin ready to head out for a run. How far, fow fast? No one knows yet LOL :7. It will depend how I feel as a I get moving. Fridays are *always* rest days because of the late Thursday night but I simply DON'T have that option. I'll be missing a workout tomorrow because of a horse show...in 95* heat no less x( :eek: x(! I just can't afford to miss any workouts right now...gots some damage to undo.

Let me get this show on the road and I should be back with time to catch up on personals. TTFN!

Morning Girls :) :) YAY It's Friday :)

Cathy: You are so smart to keep the pedi appt. You deserve it :) Good luck on the exam

Shelly: How exciting. Luxury pad and your job sounds very exciting. I worked ICU for a few years. Loved the pace. Have you always done traveling nursing?

Carole: WOW great workout--were you able to get it all in?

Judy: This weather is crazy. I'm so impressed on how you have stuck with NROLFW. Have you seen any results? Looks like today is a humid one with threats of more storms. I heard some reports that Rochester got hit with some bad storms last night.

Jackie: Funny on how men are so predictable. You asked him not to hang it like that and BINGO :) Sounds like my husband. I'm thinking of getting a tower with a pull-up bar on it. Haven't decided yey. I tend to hunt for a sale before I purchase. We shall see.

Christine: That's great you are seeing results by eliminating dairy. Are you enjoying your time in Boston? Today is suppose to be a killer hot/humid day --I bet Boston will be the same.

Gloria: You need a rest MONTH :)

Dallas: You are one busy girl. I so remember those days :)

Kristi: YOU ARE A SUPERMOM :)

Posh: Good luck on the 5k this weekend

I did 4miles yesterday--felt great. I was also able to finish the gardening stuff and pool things. Today is so iffy outside. I don't know if I should do a short run in the humidity or stick to a HIIT this morning. Maybe do both? }( I'll work shoulders as well. My favorite body part to work. I like that CAP look on the arm :) Someone asked what kind of rotation I'm following. I do my cardio and work one body part a day to failure. It's been working for me. One goal was to have some chiseled arms and I'm seeing that-- at award to-do had a sleeveless denium dress on and DS said "Geesh dad look at mom's guns" LOL. Also had a gf see me there and asked what workout I've been doing. She said my arms looked great *BEAM*for a moment :)

Ok off for a refill and need to decide--- a run or HIIT inside.

TGIF Ladies!:7

Gotta be in work early this morning so my work out has to wait until later. I'll be doing another KB work out: Iron Core 2. Should be fun!}(

Off to get more java. :9
BBL.

Morning fabulous cheetahs! It was a nice day yesterday... finally thru with all the pre job prep and as you know with my crowing yesterday (please forgive) I got a dream apartment to live in for a while. I'm really looking forward to the fitness center more then anything. I'll be doing a run of the BBCs starting today. I'll go for Arms/Abs in a bit. DH and I are going to my BILs neighborhood garage sale today... but DH knows he is on a BUDGET!!! (LOL)

Cathy- Frankly, with the demand on teachers these days I'm amazed y'all find time to do anything else!! I'm not at all sure I could hack it and my deep admiration goes out to you and others. Light at the end of the tunnel tho for you eh? Looking forward to a little GTG later this summer for sure! I had to smile on your comments about making a trial run to the testing center. Something I do as well!!! Can't be too prepared--my motto! I'll be glad to give you a good vicarious workout (LOL)

Wendi- Hey, next workout thow out that spastic HRM and go with how you feel! (sorry, I'm a tad prejudiced about those things). Hope you get in a nice run this morning.
Yikes... that will be one HOT show tomorrow! Hope you can spend some of it in the shade at least!

Christine- Wow, a century ride?? Very impressive.... have you done one before? Wish I had some advice to give you re: training for that and your half but that kind of intense biking is outside of my experience for sure. It seems to me tho that the triathletes train like that and even harder so I'm thinkin it wouldn't be a problem, but I may be way off base. I bet with all the kettleball work, etc.. you'll be the pull up queen pretty soon!

Carole- did you get in all that workout hodgepodge yesterday?

Wendy- So what is going on with you and the TM? I missed that. Are you having balance issues, dizziness? Hey, I had such a fun time yest. afternoon with TJ and was thinking of you! Thanks for turning me on to these... such a fun alternative!

Judy- The humidity hasn't bothered me yet but after today the temps will be in the 90s and it'll be like a sauna! Our A/C will be on for sure!!

Jackie- LOL about spanking my hand with a ruler. You know I actually was punished like that in grade school.... we're showing our age in remembering things like that... sure wouldn't happen today! Convince DH to run with me? MAYBE if he was on fire.... and then only maybe! (sigh) Dont blame you for subbing for YogaX-- you really have to be in a mega yoga mood to get thru that one!

Dallas- That stability ball segment of ASJ is something isn't it? I bet your inner thighs are complaining today! Here's to wishing you and your athletic kids a successful new soccer season. So are you the quintessential "soccer mom"??? Re: my new apartment... you are right about it being too nice. I'll probably be reluctant to seriously house hunt now!! (LOL)

KRISTI!!! Hey, I've been thinking about you (worrying too) I am so glad you posted!! Wow, what a time you've been having but you are still positive!! We miss you very much but sounds like it's quite understandable that you haven't had much time for computer fun. Those knee ligament injuries do take a long time to heal but you have a wonderful attitude. We're here for you and post when you can to update us. Looking forward to when you can chat regularly.

POSH- BEWARE of the 3 Cs!!! (LOL) Best of luck to you on your upcoming 5k. Sounds like it was a wise move to opt out of the on line course. You can definitely do without feeling overwhelmed.

Gloria- End of the school season craziness for you too poor cheetah! It will be over soon tho and life will ease off (yay) Thinking of you in the meantime with cyberhugs and support!!

Kath- This is my first travel assignment. The travelers I've worked with in the past always have seemed to enjoy it alot and I think I can see why! I love new challenges
so this is my kind of job! Sounds like you've already got some great chiseled arms there!! Go work those delts! Have a great run/hiit... whatever!

Later today will be Amy's KBext. Take care y'all!

ShellyC

Hiya chicas!

Okay, so I've got lots done this morning. A/C units are in the windows, laundry done, some light cooking and my run. Ended up doing a VERY hilly 5.5 miler in a respectable time. I'll take that effort for a Friday morning!

Unfortunately, I've run out of time for personals...so sorry! I probably won't get back here until after the show tomorrow night :(. I *think* DSO and I have dinner plans tonight...that's *if* I get out of work at a reasonable hour tonight *shrugs*. I've got my fingers crossed :).

Stay cool Cheetahs!

Good Morning Cheetahs! TG I Freaking F!!!!

Wendy – I got the X+ (and got my workout putting the handles on the bands! Holy cow – finally had to use Vaseline and the handle slipped right on!). Where is Awaken the Body – is that Tony, too? I think if you hang in there, you’ll get your treadmill running back. Just be persistent. I’m sorry it’s so tough, though. Enjoy Iron Core!

Gloria – Glad to hear the report cards are done! Happy Last Day of School!

Dallas – You are too sweet!! Thank you so much! I think I’m going to try to visit some customers, so I can stay one extra night, then I’ll crash with my grade school friend Thursday night – but maybe we could hang out - I’ll have a lot of time. :p Yeah, Carole knows you’re crashing the party – we all couldn’t be happier.

Kristi – WONDERFUL to hear from you! Sorry you still cannot run! That’s so tough. I know it’s so hard when my DH goes away for 3 weeks, and I have older kids. I couldn’t imagine how hard it is for you. Hope DH comes home safely soon! We miss you too. Thanks for checking in!

Thomasina – So glad it’s Friday and it’s the end of your obnoxiously busy week. A Posh Cheetah needs time to shop! Now don’t you worry – no matter what we have planned – it will be a fun time – you can be assured my dear! :j+

Cathy – Oh enjoy your Pedi! I love those. And it’s summer – have to have nice looking toes you know!!

Wendi – Enjoy your run! Sorry you have a HOT horse show tomorrow. That is sooo not fun! Hope it goes quickly for you! TTFN! Wow, you are productive this early in the morning!

Kath – I’m not in Boston until the 16th. I’m still here in chilly California. Although it’s supposed to be warmer soon. Weird Spring we’re having. Enjoy your Shoulders and whatever else you decide to do.

Shelly – Oh you deserved to crow! That pad is rad! :+ Enjoy your garage sale. Make sure you keep DH on a tight rein! Yes, I’ve done two century rides about 10 years ago. They were flat, this one is not, but it’s doable. I’ve had others suggest I adopt a triathlon training schedule. Thanks! I’ll be happy if I can do one pull up! I may just have to seriously dedicate myself to ETK – as that program is really designed to help with pull ups.

Today is P90X + Total Body. I’m excited! I’ll follow it with some HIIT on my bike. I might add on some abs as well. We’ll see hoI feel afterwards! I’m just really happy happy that it’s Friday! Have a fabulous day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Posh...If you see the 3 "C's" smiling....be VERY afraid!!! Good luck sunday, I bet you will do quite well.

Cathy...never for a sec took your comments as moans and groans of despair. I think I know how you feel about your job...:)...I think too, sometimes your plate gets a bit full but you are quite capable of handling it! re Dexter...see, I told you Rudy (RIP) was interesting!!! Enjoy your pedicure. Hope you find the testing center without a hitch..

Kath...I did run out of time yesterday for yoga, so maybe today..:)...WOW, nice compliments on the arms!!

Shelly..your lodgings sound way cool!! Funny, how you are looking more forward to the fitness center than anything else!! I would be quite the same. Maybe you should be a traveling nurse for awhile!!...:)..Does DH go crazy with Garage sales?? I skipped yoga yesterday so I will try and squeeze it in today. Have fun with Amy's KBX.

Christine...good, then f you are not stressed about the half, go for the century ride! So glad the elimination of dairy has worked well for you. Do you have to go to Chicago early for work that week? I can't wait for your P90X+ TB review!! have a great workout...:)

Gloria...I did bruise a rib bad once when I fell running. It did take about 2 weeks to clear up. I bet you have had one busy week!!

Jackie...LOL about DBF and the pull-up bar....a "selective" hearing issue perhaps...:)...I didn't get to yoga yesterday so I will try and get it in today as I have a short work day. Good mix of a workout yesterday, I often sub other yoga's for YogaX.

Dallas...don't worry at all about being MIA, you have had a busy schedule. Yes, I did know you were crashing out room Sat night! The more, the merrier...:D..I do sub other yoga's during a rotation for P90X too. So, is your P90X+ Total Body DVD defective? I skipped yoga yesterday due to time, so I will try and get it in today.

Kristi...thanks for checking in!! We have missed you. Sorry about the meniscus issue and hope it clears up soon. You sure have been swamped with DH out of town...hope he gets home soon...

Today is P90X L&B, and a 3-4 mile interval run. I will try and get in yoga later as I get off workout about 11:30!! Yippee!!

Hi Friends-

Forgive me no personals today.

Todays workout was NROL4W stage 3A with the Body Weight Matrix last : 24 squats, 12 lunges each leg, 12 lunge jumps each side (alternating and switching in the air), 24 squat jumps, rest 2x longer than it took to do and REPEAT.
Next I followed up with 30 on the EXT at a steady state and HR in 170's. That is quite enough for a day.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

I'm back :)
Did a nice speedy 2miler }( Then did a HIIT on the bike. I have been feeling strong lately :) Love the sweaty workouts-- I'm a sick girl huh?

I may be back while inhaling a salad :9

Carole – Yep – the 3C’s are trouble on the move! :p Yes, the elimination of dairy has done wonders. I can still eat a little cheese, which is a relief – I’m just careful of the amount. :+ TB+ is awesome! I’ve reviewed it down below.

Jackie – Wow – that sounds like a great workout! Yes I can see that that would be enough for the day. :+ Have a fab weekend busy lady!

Okay, I think it was Jackie you said that P90X Total Body + wasn’t too hard. Woman, I bow down before you! It kicked my tail end! Wow! I love that so many of the exercises are compound – it’s more my style of training now. My entire upper body is on fire right now. I didn’t get as good of a lower body workout as I would have hoped as I was still learning the moves and most of the lower body exercises are compound. I actually liked the pull-up/push-up move, but that was probably because I did them Bento style with the barbell on a bunch of risers (which were on a chair), so it wasn’t a full pull up, and it was easy to switch back and forth. I’ll let you know what I think when I can do real pull ups. I think this is the perfect Friday workout for me as it’s not taxing on the legs, so I’ll be able to get in a good run or bike ride on Saturday. I followed this with 20 minutes HIIT – ouch :+. No abs – TB+ works the abs, and I brought in my kettlebells for some people who want to try them, so I’ll be playing with them today. Happy Friday all! I’m one fried Cheetah }( .

Edited to add: Kath - you snuck in on me! I think a lot of us love the sweaty workouts! They make life fun! :+

Christine : Hi you :) I figured all you girls would agree with me on the workouts :)

Did you see that TONY is introducing a new workout? I got an email alert about it.

Kath - Is that the monthly one? Plyo Legs is the first? Oh I'm all over that. AND I'm ordering it through Wendy's site!

Hey Kath,

If you are interested in ordering Tony's new work outs would ya do me a solid and sign up and order through me? I'm a BB coach and would appreciate the business! :) I can basically walk ya through the sign up process and then once you are signed up and the work outs are released you can just click on the link in any of my posts to log in to place the order!:)

Hey Girls.

I am done with my work out: Iron Core Way Vol 2. TBH I liked Vol 1 better! The exercises in 2 may have been more difficult standing alone but the way they grouped them together in the final circuit of Vol 1 worked me much harder then in 2.

TGU's are beyond me. I just don't understand how to do them.

The Deck squats were hysterical. At first I couldn't get up so I was just rolling around on the ground. Eventually the momentum got me up. LOL By the final round of them though I was able to get to my feet for all of the reps though I couldn't move as quickly as the instructor did. I must have been a sight!:p :7

I now have some lovely blisters on my hands from all of the clean and presses and snatches that were done in the work out. I tried to wear lifting gloves the first time I used the KB but found it awkward. I'm going to have try again though cause otherwise my hands are going to pay the price. Not to mention the fact that it hurts!:eek:

Now we'll see how the ol' legs feel tmrw! :7

BB for personals in a bit!

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Christine - Congratulations on being bloat free! Know you feel good.

Wendy - Hope you find out what's happening with that treadmill demon. You've worked too hard to get where you are.

Gloria - Sorry you're still experiencing some pain. Yay for the last day of school! More time for yourself and DH.

Dallas - Looks like you've been quite busy. I'm using P90X+ but he has some of the P90X workouts in the rotation. I think week 4 is all P90X. I haven't ruled Chicago out just yet.

Kristi - Good to hear from you. Sorry you're not able to run yet. Take your time and allow it to heal. Hope things get a little less hectic for you soon.

Posh - I like your description of the week! :) Sounds like a good decision to drop a class. Good luck on your 5K Sunday! You may surprise yourself.

Cathy - Enjoy that pedi! You deserve some pampering. Good luck with the test tomorrow!

Wendi - Don't envy you being out in the heat tomorrow. Good luck with the show. Busy morning for you! Good job on the run!

Kath - I know what you mean about sales. When I go into a store, that's what I look for first. Nice going on the chiseled guns! So you decided to do them both - a run and HIIT.

Shelly - Did DH remember he was on a budget or did he come home with some nice finds? Yeah, laughing at us showing our age. Definitely can't get away with that stuff these days. You might end up in the "joint." :) Hey, I know you can find some matches. }(

Christine - Glad you got P90X+! I'm glad you were able to modify the workouts. This morning was a little different for me because I was able to use my pull up bar and I was sweating. I'll see how Total Body goes next week with my pull up bar. May change my tune. Think Tony incorporates the core a lot in these workouts. I'm right there with you on being happy it's Friday. Monday will come around too soon.

Carole - Perhaps that's what it was with my brother and the pull up bar. Says he thought I was leaving it up everyday. No, I'm taking it down but I don't want the brackets showing when you walk in the house. It will be next week before he changes it now. UGH!! Hope you had a good workout. DH won't be home at that time, will he? The supervisor at the office I work out of is begging her manager for Mondays off so that she and DH can have the same days off. I wanted to tell her she needs to talk to you. :)

Judy - Hi! Good workout!

I did Upper Body + and Abs/Core +. Really made a difference having my pull up bar. Helped knowing what was coming next too. I'll have to work on the abs using the bar but I made it through quite a few of them.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.