~*~*MARCH 09~*~*Check In for Tuesday, 3/24~*~*~

Early and busy morning for me today...

I have a Parent-Teacher Conference with Alex's teacher at 8:30am, and THEN, much to my surprise, my yearly physical at 9:30am! (I'd totally forgotten and never wrote it down, Good thing they call the night before!!).

So my schedule is messed up today, but I'll work around it.

I can't have breakfast for fasting bloodwork :)confused:), so I'll bring a banana or something with me for right after my appt. Come home, and get my workout in this afternoon.

Plan is to do something off Cardio Hits OR, do a shorter Step and then go for a run at the park (if I have time, I'm dying to get out again!)

Will BBL to see what you all have planned today!!

Hi Chris Good morning

You're morning sounds like how mine are daily :eek:

I just got home from dropping my younger two at school. Now waiting to take oldest dd to campus then I need to get an oil change and lots of stops before I even think about coming home this afternoon.

Today is my scheduled off days so no workout for me but I plan on getting out for a nice walk :)

Have a great day Everyone!

picture.php

Good morning and happy Tuesday! I woke up this morning with sore left lat -- hurt to breath even. On tap was back and triceps. I tried doing some of the back work with light weights, but I kept thinking about a post I saw where the woman described what I was feeling and went through the workout anyway and really suffered. I was thinking it was all the pushups the other day haunting me, and then toward the end of the workout I remembered that I held our friends' baby in my left arm for a couple of hours or so straight yesterday. Arrrg!!!

I ordered STS cardio -- my invoice number is in the 900s. You know what's great about the timing of it? Maybe it'll come along just as we aren't able to get outside for running! Joanne, your poor dog, speaking of running! At least you're getting him/her out there! And Chris, I hope you did get out for a run today and really enjoyed it!

This computer is acting funny and I need to get the boys going. Have a good one!

-Beth

Hi ladies!

Chris, hope you can get out for that run. At least you didn't have any time to dread your physical, right? ;)

Vilma, another busy day!

I did Rythmic Step this morning. Fun - I haven't pulled that one out in probably a couple years! Although the music is a bit repetitive.

Lots of meetings this morning...so I need to run...BBL

Joanne

Hi ladies...

Chris: Enjoy that run outside...I haven't done a run in a couple of weeks. When it starts to warm up more consistently I will try again. However, we have baseball and softball starting up this week. So, we will be busy again!!! Ugh!!

Vilma:Enjoy your walk and rest!!

Beth: I ordered the STS cardio too. My invoice number was 887 ( I think or 886) Hope the lat loosens up and your soreness goes away..

Joanne: I LOVE RS..I am hoping one of the new cardio workouts is like that one..

Ok, checking in with Step Heat today..Now we are off to take the kids to drawing lessons..

Talk to you later

Hey guys!

I've discovered this awesome diet. You see -- you can eat half a box of chocolate chip cookies a DAY and not gain weight...you might even lose some! The catch? The stress of buying a house.

We might sign the documents at escrow today. I had my curveball thrown at my yesterday regarding the mortgage. It's weird -- since I'm borrowing money from my parents, I fear them more than ANYTHING else. Like, I need my father to emotionally approve every decision I make. Which is weird because my mother I think has forced him to support everything I do so that I don't break into tears each time I talk to him. (My mother trust me with most things financial, and my father does too, but sometimes we clash, so its nice that my mother is acting as this buffer.)

I did Imax2 yesterday but I needed to blast the AC to keep my body from overheating. I think the stress of everything has pushed my body into a period (as I discovered yesterday) despite just starting a new round of BC last week. very aggravating (and the apartment was like 64 degrees by the IM2 was done). But I was happy to get it done. Today i had planned on elliptical work but I may be leaving soon for the escrow stuff. I'll try to make sure I do weight work or yoga or something so I don't fall too much out of practice which I'm totally afraid I have been because these last three weeks I've only managed to workout 2-3x/wk.

Chris -- yeah, I always brought a snack with my for fasting blood work too (I have to get it monitored every couple months). I always try to get that 7a appt so I don't have to go too long but you have kids so I imagine its harder to manage that.

Vilma -- enjoy that walk!

Beth -- when I have time, I have to describe a transcript of my convo with Joe re: STS cardio. You will laugh. Though I really want it, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do it with the impending purchase.

Joanne -- RS sounds nice! Don't get trapped in those meetings!

Kathy -- awesome on getting STS cardio too. Is Step heat on DVD?

Hmm...what do you call when you're hungry and you have no appetite? Cookie time? Damn, I left my cookies at home...

Ahhhhh!

A minute's rest here!

Gosh, Vilma, I don't know how you deal with that type of busy-ness every day.. Hope you get a nice rest day & walk in!

The conference went ok. Apparently Alex is having "issues" with disturbing the class with one of his friends. And he has his good days, when he tries and does great, and bad days, when he puts no effort into his work. It's so obvious too!

My physical went ok as well. Just a once over, an EKG (looked ok I guess) and I had bloodwork drawn. Apparently, my doc is into "Vitamin D" benefits and mega doses. He seems to think Vitamin D is the best thing for you! he's funny! (I do take it daily anyhow, but apparently not as much as he thinks I should).

Ate my banana on the way home (my stomach was growling in the office!) , stopped at the grocery store, and then got home and did 3/4's of Power Max! OMG.what a fun Step workout! I love the "old" music (Wild Thing!...LOL) , it was just really fun. I wished I could have finished it, but I wanted to get to the park for a run...which I did!! :eek: It's windeeeeeeee out there, and not the ideal weather, but it was a good little run anyways! Got my endorphins baby!! Oh and I did Ab Hits : Step Heat Abs. God, those killed! 7 minutes of straight crunches for the most part! :eek:

Beth: Wow! It hurt to breathe? that's not good! I think you were right in testing it out and deciding to not push it. You don't want to get injured!! Holding babies DO make you sore ... it's crazy! Hope you're better... Do some good stretches. Did you make an appt to get your thyroid levels done? I do remember when mine were off and they had to lower my Synthroid, I was also feeling anxious and getting palpitations a bit. Oddly enough, last round, my level was too low and they had to up my dose.

Joanne: RS is fun! I almost did that one today, but then thought I'd do an oldie (but new to me). Are your legs sore from running at all? Poor poochie needs to build up some stamina! LOL!

Kathy: Any DOMS from yesterday? Mine kicked in mid morning, starting with my triceps. And then my shoulders/lats. AND then my chest. it was hard doing some of the arm movements (Party Arms...LOL!), my arms felt like lead!

Oh... And I also came home and ordered STS CARDIO!! I have NO idea what to use the coupon for either. Seems like none of the fitness stuff is in stock! I was thinking the bands and also wondering what the boxing line is going to be? what are you guys going to buy????

Hottie: Hope your signing goes well today!!! Yes, it is all very stressful! I'm a huge stress eater, and would be into those cookies myself. YAY for doing IMAX 2!!! Did you wear orthotics or support for your piggies? Did they feel ok? I bet you felt great getting to push it!!

Off to pick up a bit before the boys come storming home! Plus I have to go pick up my oldest, he decided to stay for Math help due to the conversasion we had about his "progress" from last night's meeting w/ his teachers! Good decision!!

Hello again. Well, three meetings down and now I can breathe a bit. Except I have 18 more things to do. ;( Oh well! At least I know I'm valuable to them, right? ;)

Hottie, I feel bad for you! Once you get all the crappy financial stuff settled and own your own home, it will be so worth it! You'll forget all the other junk. I hope it all works out soon for you.

Kathy, I'm not sure I've ever done Step Heat. I'm sure I probably have it! ;) I think I saw it in Cathe's STS rotation that I'm loosely following.

Beth, oooh, that sounds painful. Take it easy - like you said, don't want to make it worse. Gotta switch sides with that baby! ;)

Chris, glad your appointment went OK. That's funny. My doc recommended I take flax seed oil capsules and fish oil capsules. Like a good patient I went out and bought some. OMG, I almost choked on them. They are huge!! Literally, I had to swallow about eight times to get one of them down. I figured the health benefits don't mean diddly squat if I choke to death taking them! I did try one more time and did better, but I have such anxiety now about taking them I haven't tried again. My youngest son is having difficulties in school, too. He's been on high honor roll all last year and so far this year. Well, I'm dreading his report card coming up next week. He's gotten a few F's and C's on tests and homework. He just doesn't seem to care anymore and does the bare minimum. My kids have always been so self-sufficient in doing homework and getting good grades, that I don't regularly check their stuff. Well, I've started with Colin, but I think it's too late for this quarter. And 5th grade is much more difficult and time-intensive homework and project-wise. I'm dreading next year with him. No, my legs aren't really sore this time. I think it's because we probably walked more than ran and maybe their getting a bit used to it since I've gone a few times. I know, my poor dog. I didn't want to push her - I'd feel so bad if she overexerted herself and got sick or worse.

Better get back to work....

Joanne

Joanne, I meant to ask you -- what did you do with your kids and spring break -- are they old enough to stay home alone?

Hottie, getting close with all the stress..... after the signing you will have much excitement, and the stress will morph into a less urgent and more of a constant sort of splinter in your finger, or something. But, it'll be very exciting to have your own place!!

Chris, I should have gotten my blood test results by now, but haven't, so I guess that means I have to call. I have so many little things like that I need to follow up on. Ug. And, I'm long overdue for an oil change -- did you get yours done, Vilma?

I just want to go take a nap......

-Beth

Beth, my DH works nights, so he's at home during the day with the kids this week. They are going stir crazy!! I'm struggling with when it's OK to leave them alone. Jameson is almost 13 and I know some 13 years who babysit. DH and I rarely go out, so it hasn't really been an issue. But we've left them home for an hour or so at a time in the last couple months. My worry is they will get into a fight while we're gone and there won't be anyone to break it up! ;) And, it's alot on Jameson to be in charge of the others when he's not that much older than them.

Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.