~*~*JUNE 09 CHECK IN~*~for Monday, 6/29~*~*

I'm BACK! :eek:

It was a crazy week, all good crazy though. I'll go into boring details and share some pictures later...

But for now I'm going to do a workout!!!

I'm starting a new rotation today, which I'm debating back & forth between. Did you guys see FF's "lose 10 lbs" rotation? I think I may do that one...

Whatcha gonna do? what did you do all week? what did I miss???/

Okay, better get my buttocks moving, my kitties look like they're going to eat me for breakfast since they haven't been fed yet (still on vacation time!)...

bbl!

Good morning Chris -- good to hear from you. Looking forward your stories. Right now I'm going to shove some breakfast in my mouth and hopefully start some cardio before BC1. ttyl!

Hi ladies!

Chris, welcome back!! We missed you!! :) :). I want to hear the details and see pictures!

I'm still struggling with what to do for a rotation too. We've got about two weeks before we leave for vacation, so I'm thinking of doing the 10 Days to Results or something like that DVD. It's an upper body and lower body workout that you alternate. I did the lower body one a few months ago and it was good. It alternates cardio and weights. Then I can add in running. I'm really liking doing circuits. I'm also thinking of Tony Horton's Power Half Hour. In another words, I have no freakin' idea!!

This morning I did Jari Love's Ripped 1000. Eh. Not very exciting. An OK workout though. Yesterday was a rest day and Saturday I did Angie somebody's Strength and Core Fusion. Love that one.

Kind of a quiet weekend. Just basically play chauffeur. The kids were all at different friends houses, or having friends over here. Ian had a sleepover at a friends house last night. It was weird - I really missed him! Not that it's weird that I missed him, but it was strange not having him here! It's his first time sleeping over anywhere except his cousin's house.

Hey Hottie. How are you liking CLX?

Hi Beth, Vilma! Hope you all had good weekends!

Joanne

Hello Ladies!

Welcome back Chris :)

Life here has been hum drum taking my kids back and forth to pool parties, sleep overs and getting normal stuff done.

My internet was not working properly for a bit there and dh had to call Linksys just to get us started again.

Apparently a thunderstorm messed up the router

Today is cardio and I am starting so late its not even funny - last night I had to go out at 1130 pm and pick up oldest DD from her friends house. They drove all the way down to SC for fireworks. She had fun went to Myrtle Beach and all that :rolleyes:

Hottie I just had my breakfast and need to wait to digest before I start my workout ugh I should have done it earlier but I was soooo hungry. So how is CLX treating you? ;)

Joanne I did the chauffeur thing also - what a drag lol

Well time for me to go as I have a honey do list I need to get started on :rolleyes: and my daughter just told me that the road is being diverted to the new ramp they built out here sheesh.

picture.php

Hey Everyone! Welcome back, Chris! Can't wait to hear all about it. We thought about you and that chocolate! :D You didn't miss much.... it's been pretty quiet here -- Vilma hasn't been checking in a lot -- hope all is ok with her, but I haven't seen anything bad on fb from her since the elbow incident, so maybe she's just busy with summer.

Hottie, how's your back? I saw your thread in ask Cathe. Sounds like maybe a pinched nerve, as someone mentioned. :confused:

I'm sort of psyched on a rotation, so I'm almost afraid to look at FF's rotation, but of course I will!!! I heard an interview with the woman who runs westcoastworkouts.com (in Atlanta, go figure!) and I checked out her "rotation" and have tweaked it to fit what workouts I have. I think for me that means:

1. circuit / boot camp (moderately heavy weights)
2. pilates / barre type (I have a bunch I never do!)
3. kettlebell
4. body weight / cardio intervals / balance (think Lalo!)
5. some light weight / cardio circuit (think Slim Series/ cardio force)
6. another circuit / boot camp with heavier weights
7. cardio yoga (well, that's what she calls it -- since I don't have her workout, it's probably yoga for me)

So, this morning I did the Boot Camp / ME combo workout -- it's 65 minutes (Chris, I think you wanted to do it one time recently but didn't know the length). Personally, I wanted a little more cardio than it offered, so I think next time I'll stick with BC as is.

I'll go check FF's rotation now. Oh, Chris, did you know we made our arena into a hockey rink? I can't remember if we had started that before you left. It's very cool -- lots of skating happening here!

-Beth

Ok, I checked FF's rotation -- surprisingly similar, though not identical, obviously. I forgot about running, too -- I still want to work in one day of running. Maybe I put that with the cardio yoga and consider the pilates day my rest day. Too much?

Vilma, I think I owe you a beer now. I'll make it light. ;)

-Beth

Hey!!!

It's nice to be back and hear about all of you guys! Didn't realize how much I missed you all AND working out!!

I had good intentions, brought about 5 TJ DVD's & my iPod for the hotels' treadmills, but did NONE of them. We were WAY too busy! Walked a TON though, we really never stopped. Between Hershey Park Waterpark and Amusement park, and Gettysburg.. it was go, go go! And yes! Hershey CHOCOLATE WORLD! Holy crap, you guys. it was a chocolate lovers dream, it really was. Amazingly enough, we came home yesterday, and weighing myself this morning, I MAINTAINED! How the heck did that happen!? I tried to make some better choices eating out, but really, when the week wore on, I just went a bit crazy .... :eek:, but enjoyed the heck out of it.

Today I am back to business. I saw a picture of my *ass* in one of the vacation shots and I'm even MORE into it! :eek:

I'm uploading all of the pictures to Photobucket, I'll post a link later if you guys want to see...

SO I just got done with 4DS LIS and HIS plus LIS Abs. My body wasn't quite used to it, my HR got WAY up there easily... but I guess that's good to shake things up..

Hottie: *WAVE*!! Good to be back, oh I have stories!! LOL!... Now what happened to you? Did you hurt your back? what's going on there/

Joanne: Yes, it sounds like you're a bit iffy on a rotation! BUt just doing "whatever" for 2 weeks is good too. The 10 day thing sounds good! Where are you guys going on vacation?

Vilma: sounds like summer vacation is setting in there. SOrry about your internet problems! I hate when that happens, drives me bonkers! I'm so late here with my workout/shower/etc. I even slept until 7:30!!! Crazy! Let us know what cardio you do!

Beth: Your rotation looks good! You got in kettlebells!! ... So doing all that weight work with light/heavy weights is ok to do? I do think I'm going to do FF's 10 lb Rotation, and do Pilates in place of the Power Yoga. It is similiar to yours!!... THanks for doing that premix! 65 minuters is do-able. Not much cardio though? Maybe good for a weight day for me then... That is SO cool you made a Hockey Rink! (though I"m sitting here thinking you can't get cold enough for ICE HOckey there!!... how do you keep it "icey"??). The boys must be loving it. will you play too?

Ahhhh. Beer. I was loving my Corona LIghts w/Lime this week... why must vacation end???

Okay, off to play with my pictures....

Chris, I can so hear that "post-vacation bliss" in your post! Hope it lasts. Do point us at the pictures -- especially the one of your ass. JK! :D

I don't know if it's too much weight -- it may be -- I'll try it and see -- I think using such light weights a couple of days will help. The BC/ME combo had about 4 of the cardio circuits in it, I think is all -- 4 minutes! Maybe I forgot to count one, but either way, it was probably considered more of a weight workout.

Joanne, I've heard of that 10 days thing, but don't know anything about it. I also just saw people raving about Tony's Power Half Hour -- maybe you saw that thread, too? Or, just pure coincidence.....

The rink.... well, it's asphalt now, but in a few weeks they'll come back and put down a surface called "street ice" that makes it really smooth and a little slick. It's obviously street hockey, not ice. :) But apparently these guys did one up in Tahoe that can be made into ice in the winter, and I'm trying to talk my friend in Pittsburgh into doing one of those. Her son plays ice hockey and they usually do an ice rink in their yard in the winter.

Back to the boys.....

-Beth

Chris, YES, we want to see photos!! You probably burned more calories with all that walking than with a week of workouts! It's weird - I always seem to maintain on vacations too. You sound like you had an awesome time. Did the kids like it? I'm sure they did. I always go away with the best intentions of working out, but last time, my DVDs never left my suitcase! We rented two cabins in Michigan on a lake for our vacation. Remember I was worried about the outside bathrooms? ;) That's where we're going. They both do have bathrooms, thankfully. We have some friends and family that might come up for a day or two here and there, so that should be fun for the kids. I'm thinking it might get a bit boring, but it should be relaxing if anything! I'm only planning on doing some running, maybe at least try for 2x a week. I'm kind of freaking about how much we need to bring - sheets, towels, supplies, etc., etc.

Beth, that rotation looks good. Except I don't have kettlebells. What do you think would be a good substitute? Maybe just cardio? I think KCM's Bootcamp would be a good circuit/medium weight workout. If I do it, it wouldn't be till August. The 10 day thing is a DVD called 10 Days to Results Fitness with Cindy Whitmarsh. One day is intervals of cardio with upper body and the other is cardio and lower. It's just two workouts that you rotate for 10 days. They're only 1/2 hour. I did see a thread about Power Half Hour and it reminded me that I had it! The lower body workouts look really good - it's all nonweighted.

Vilma, sounds like a fun time your DD had this weekend! What's your cardio for today?

OK - question for the mom's - do you give your kids an allowance and how much? Do you tie it in with chores? We haven't, but I've been thinking about it for awhile. Poor Jameson is going through all his books right now so he can sell them on ebay and try to make some money. I don't have the heart to tell him he probably won't make too much that way. I actually had the idea of having a kids' garage sale. He can sell his books and old video games. And old toys they don't use anymore and we'll let the kids keep a good portion of the money they make. Anyway, I was reading that a good guideline is $1 per year of age. I wouldn't start Caitlyn yet, but maybe the boys.

BBL...

Joanne

Last edited:
Sent you guys a link to our vaca pics!! :D
Only thing is, I don't have your email address, Kathy, so if you let me know or sent it to me on Facebook, I'll send you the link too!

And no, the "fat ass" picture isn't there. It was a picture one of my friends took and posted on her group of shots... and I ain't sharing it! LOL!!! :p

Chris, you're too funny! Darn it, on the computer I'm on right now, photobucket needs something I don't have, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow (or type in the long link by hand....).

Joanne, on that rotation & kbells.... you know what's hilarious? I looked at her workouts on her website and I'm trying to think of substitutes for them, and for that day she has "core ball" or something like that -- it's a workout with a weighted ball, and I'm thinking "what am I going to do for that? It'll have to have core work... hmmm." I'm so stupid -- it took me a while to realize -- doh! -- kettlebells! Perfect. Anyway, for you, I'll bet you could sub in some cardio with a lot of core work -- kickboxing, for instance... or, if you do have a weighted ball workout, that would be perfect.

On the allowance subject...... ug! I never know what to do here! I have never consistently given them an allowance. We have paid for chores here and there, but haven't been all that consistent with that even. So, $1 per year per week?! That seems like it would add up fast! Or is that per month? Travis helped quite a bit with the arena work, so we did pay him pretty well for that (and even then, he said, "you would have paid Hugo more just because he's an adult" (Hugo is our sometime helper) -- can't win!). Let me know what you decide and how it works. I'm always curious about this. I think the kid garage sale is a good idea if it's not too much work for you.

-Beth

Hey Again..

Post dinner (White!) Tea time!

Beth: (and Joanne), I have a few of the Power Half Hour DVD's and don't remember being super impressed with them. I mean, they're "ok", but I don't remember feeling super challenged or wanting to go back to them. If you can rent them or get them super cheap, but don't pay alot for them, IMO. WOW, I can't believe that BC/ME premix only had 4 or 5 cardio blasts. But it would be a good workout for Total Body still, no? I might try it tomorrow. Doing the rotation with "open" workouts kind of annoys me, because I hate choosing some days and am so indecisive!! ..,, OH! Okay, street hockey! Do they wear roller blades to play?

Joanne: It really blows me away that I ate so "off" (But oddly enough, never ate after supper or before bedtime), and maintained. I know we did walk alot, but it's not near as intense as Cathe workouts. And if I eat off ONE freakin thing at home, the scale goes UP UP UP, I swear!... But I'll take it, I really enjoyed myself... Oh yes!, I remember your Michigan Cabin vacation plans! It sounds like a lot of fun. It makes me think of the movie with Steve Martin , the remake of "Cheaper By The Dozen". The 10 day thing sounds like a good mix, Joanne. You could always add cardio (like a run). ... As far as chores and allowance.... There was a time my boys were all gung ho on earning money (for something they wanted to buy). So we came up with a "chore chart" , and set an allowance ($10 for Zach, who's 13 and $5 for the other 2, 9 and 7) and they got it ONLY if they completed all the chores. There's a cool website called HANDIPOINTS that's kind of cool with setting up chore lists. (I do believe it's under www.handipoints.com). ... But the "gung ho" kind of came and went. And the only big thing Zach does is mow the lawn (for $10). The other chores he does earns him his cell phone...

Gonna hang out a bit, until the boys come in from playing. kind of nice there's no homework, no rush rush for an 8:30 bedtime, etc...

Did you have a beer, or tea?! I bought more white tea today -- this time with mint. I have been drinking it!

Chris, I wasn't even considering getting the power half hour stuff -- I had just noticed people talking about it, but for once (?) there was no temptation for me. Yes, the whole free-form rotation thing -- that's how I drive myself nuts. I am pretty happy with the format of what I'm doing. I'm also going to do a week of 4DS (well, ok, not a week, but four days! :p) in there somewhere, too, just to make sure I have some heavy weight work somewhere.

Yes, roller blades!

I'm going to check out that handipoints website.

Oh, and yes, the vacation thing and not gaining weight is strange, isn't it?! I spent about 5 weeks in London and Paris in my former life (ex-husband) and we both lost so much weight! Just walking around. We weren't eating much -- had trouble finding decent restaurants so we really just ate two meals a day plus a piece of fruit or something. Perhaps that had something to do with it!!!

Ok, maybe I need a vacation from my workouts!! :D

Off to round up the boys.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.