~*~*FEB 09 WEEKEND 2/28 & 3/1 Check-In~*~*

Hey Girls!!!

I survived and completely completed MESOCYCLE #1 rotation!

I did 4DS: Kickboxing, and then did Cathe's "Quick Fix Cardio" AND 4DS:KB Abs. I wore my iPod and listened to my running songs while I did the quick-fix cardio. It was weird, but I worked up a good sweat and was breathing so hard, DH had to move out of the room (he was trying to pay bills... LOL!)

My body is REALLY needing a rest. It's so weird. I've never felt this tired from a month of a rotation before. My body just is achey in all the different spots that were worked. Oddly enough, no big DOMS from Disc 12: Legs yesterday :eek: That's another weird thing!! (But a good thing for going to work tonight).

What are you guys doing today??? This weekend??/

I'm getting totally spoiled. DH is off again this weekend (a long one, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon) and no pressure for me to cook/clean/stress about Zach's blood sugars. AND... it's my youngest son's LAST Sunday CCD (10am Mass followed by 11am class) and DH is going to take him!!!! I lucked out SO bad!

OH. and i FINALLY had THE best sleep of the last 3 weeks last night! I slept mostly through (DH did the blood sugars) and got OUT OF BED at... ready for this??..... 7:30AM!!!!!!!!!

Nice huh?

Hello!! Checking in a little late. I ran CC #5 this morning -- I think that may be my favorite. It was Press Play Saturday, but since I hardly do CC anymore, that seems to be all I've done lately, and I wanted a change. Wow, I am out of shape! I could not last those 4 minute hills, and I had to walk in between the sprints. I wonder if CLX did that to me, or just the one week off last week? Strange!

Chris & Kathy, congrats on completely meso 1!!! Wow, I cannot believe you are already done. And Chris, I'm really surprised you weren't this sore with FF's crazy rotation -- but I guess you didn't double up the weight work, right? I'm really wondering how I'll feel all through this STS. I can't wait to start my second week tomorrow.

I'm checking in late because we are in Tasmanian Devil Cleaning Mode -- I love it. We're getting the mud room cleaned out, and of course the never ending kitchen clean up (we live in our kitchen so everything piles up there).

Oh, my clean eating went way bad last night. I tried to make chili in the pressure cooker and I guess I cooked it too long -- it was awful, so I had bagette and beer for dinner. How bad is that?! Oh my!!!

Have a great day/weekend -- Joanne, let us know how it's going with your mom and the play. Chris, enjoy your spoiling.

-Beth

Hi ladies..

Chris: I didn't have any major DOMS either. I am glad for that too..I do feel sore in my glutes and outer thighs. Felt them during today's workout..Glad you got some good rest!! That helps..What kind of workouts are you doing next week?

Beth: I need to do some cleaning too..Good job on the run..

Checking in with the cardio part of 4DS kickboxing and the abs part and I did Cathe's quick fix cardio...Then we went to Chris' basketball game. They are all pretty new to the game. So, they lost....But, I think Chris had fun! Now, we have to get ready in a little while to get Lauren to Choir practice then off to mass. Lauren and the choir are singing tonight...

Just a quick post. I left work last night a little past eight ... my coworkers act differently late on a Friday night than they do on other nights (even compared to Saturday night at 10p). A lot of jokes about who's getting some (and as I said, NOT JOE cuz I'm tired!). I've become a bit paralyzed over the weekend...which sucks because I have so much to do. The bank finally came back on the short sale offer and they are accepting it on the contingency we close in less than 30 days. We're not even sure if we want to go in...this would be the least risk averse thing we've ever done. It's not that we can't afford it, but we are definitely *pushing* it but I freaking loved that home and I know the investment value in insane for the price (So, if it were even 50-100K cheaper, I don't even think Joe or I would be hesitating). My mother is helping me by being totally supportive and she's going to help us a bit financially (which frankly is the hardest pill for me to swallow as I stopped taking help from them early in college for like anything), but I also know the crap I'm going to get from my sister for going into the market. Joe is of course useless. So it all falls on me. I don't know if i ever mentioned this but when I'm stressed I rub my eyebrows and I like have no eyebrow hair left. I'll keep you guys update...sorry for the me me me post I don't want to look like i'm so self centered but I only have a couple minutes and I want to update you guys so bad!!!

Hey Girls...

Beth: Is today your rest day? I have no idea what the difference is between CC and Press Play? Anyhow, sounds like you got a good workout in! And I'm totally jealous of your cleaning! I know, I get in the cleaning mood once Spring weather comes. For now, it's still cool (30's today) and we're expecting snow Sun and Mon! Hellloooo!!! I need Spring and a clean house! LOL!. No, I didn't do the double weigths on FF's Rotations. Is this how you were feeling from hers? Achiness all over and fatigued?

Kathy: I think our Legs got kind of used to STS. But I was surprised, because I worked hard yesterday on Disc 12 AND struggled! Next week I think I want to do non Cathe workouts. I have 2 new Tracey Staehle's I want to work on: Step and KB. And I was thinking of going "lighter" and maybe a walk if it's nice out, maybe some of Kathy Smith's old stuff... it would be fun to go back to her stuff for a little while, i think! And stretching. Monday is going to be an ALL stretch day for sure! What are you thinking of doing?

Hottie: Oh what a big decision to make!!! It's so hard to give advice. I have a hard time with decisions like that too. My husband is always ready to 'go for it', but I'm always thinking too much about "what if's". I am really glad we bought our house when we did, even though the market was kind of crappy then as well. We sold our condo, and took a loss, and then bought our house for a better deal. (we bought it from the contractor, without a real estate agent). I love our house, though, and it's worth has probably quadrupled since we bought it. Just our story! Hope you get some "down time' this weekend, sounds like you're working a LOT!

Almost time for my nap!

Oh yea, my eating went to crap last night too, beth! :eek: I was so hungry after our earlier dinner and lighter nighttime snacks, and I got "into" the PB and Cool whip while watching DVR'd "24" . And sadly enough, I got into 'crap' today too. What can I say. I'll buckle down starting NOW!!! How about you?

Last edited:
Hottie, wow, that's very exciting news!!! Do let us know what you decide and how it works out. Used to be you could always say it's better to be in the housing market than not, but now it's not so clear, as you say. Still though, as long as you think you'd stay in quite a while, it's probably a good investment.

Chris/Kathy, are either of you going to do any light weight workouts on your rest week? I know some people are thinking they will. At this point it's too hard for me to know how I will feel by then, I can tell based on following you guys!

Chris, Press Play is just one unique cardio coach workout -- I just wanted to do a different one. And, I wasn't in the mood to clean, it was sort of thrust upon me! :) Larry started doing stuff and I didn't have much choice but to help him. It's looking so much better -- we even tackled the scary garage!!

My eating is so-so today. Haven't eaten much because we've been so busy, but I snacked on some chocolate. :eek: Back to clean tomorrow. Oh, I decided to swap today as a rest day for yesterday so that I could run today. So, I had my rest and tomorrow it's back to STS. Btw, did you guys enter your actual weights/reps into the workout manager after you finished a workout? I'm wondering if it uses that to calculate your next week's workout. I did not do that, so this week's target weights are still based on my 1RM. Is that just the way it works? Oh, and on FF's rotation -- I sure remember having wicked DOMs, so maybe it's not the same. Sounds like you guys are sort of feeling what I felt at the beginning of CLX.

Back to cleaning, I think......

-Beth

Good morning sleepy-heads!! :p I did STS disc 4 this morning -- I'm going to be so sore, I'm sure. My muscles felt so done by the end. I followed up with yoga abs and the planks were so hard with my shoulders and chest so tired. And, my legs are super sore -- I guess from my run. I looked ahead and I can't imagine how I'm going to get through low max tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone is well!

-Beth

Hey Girl (s)! Where is everyone? It's a great day to stay in bed, though , Wish I could have.

Last night at work was really busy and crappy. I had 2 VERY sick patients that kept me hopping all night long! Tonight has GOT to be better!

Happy March too (RABBIT RABBIT!) It's coming in like a lion here, we're suppoesd to get 8 inches of snow tonight!!! :eek:

Beth: Good going on DISC 4 today! I remember being SO energized for Low Max the next day, it was weird. Hope you are too! I'm not going to do any weight work this week (as directed by Cathe!). I'm going to concentrate on cardio and stretching...

This is my "rest" day, followed by recovery week....

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday!!

Hey Chris! Wow -- lots of snow! And I hope work is better for you tonight.

Good to know about low max -- I'll keep that in mind and maybe it'll be a mind over matter thing for me. How's your eating today? Mine is much better again, whew!

Our rain started again today and I realized exactly what you meant yesterday about finding it hard to get motivated when it's raining!! :eek: I am working on my taxes.... just about there.... it's never as bad as I think but I just hate that kind of thing!!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.