~*~*APRIL 09 CHECK IN~*~* for Friday 4/3

Just a quickie...

I have to head out to the library and grocery store. My book is in that I ordered (The Reader, by Bernard Schlink)!!

HEY! I just finished the LAST DISC of MES #2!!! I'm in disbelief. I definitely want to try the 6 month rotation next time, this just goes by so quickly. And I'm kind of sceered of Meso #3!

I liked DISC 24, in the fact that it had NO BACK ROWS!! Sweet!

My biceps were again, worked, felt good!

Okay.. I shall BBL to chat!!

Hey All! Kathe, where are you this morning? ;)

Chris, I am also thinking about doing a six month rotation next time around -- it does go quickly! It is amazing you're at the end of meso 2!! Are you doing plyo legs, or going to try to go for strength with a vest? I wasn't sure, but this morning I listnened to a podcast from I don't know who, but he definitely knew what he was talking about. He was mostly talking about men, but when he did mention women, one thing he said is that women don't really need to train their legs heavy -- when the thighs get big, they just make the hips look bigger (he talked a lot about proportions of various body parts). He said weight-bearing cardio is enough leg training. That made up my mind right there -- plyo all the way!

I did yoga this morning -- a last minute decision. I'm gearing up for starting meso 2!! I may start tomorrow, and make Saturday the beginning of my week instead of Sunday. That way I can still go for a run on Sunday -- oh, but legs are in the middle this meso, right? That might not be so great! I'll have to think about this...... I can only run on weekends......

happy Friday everyone. Man, work is so incredibly stressful right now......

-Beth

Hi Chris - Good for you in finishing up Meso 2 it has gone by fast as it seems like yesterday you had just started :)

I saw the movie based on that book and it's interesting. I hope you enjoy it.

Beth yoga if its one of those relaxing ones sounds good for you. You do sound so busy - is it work related?

Hmmm makes me wonder about leg work - I always knew if I go extremely heavy eventually my legs get bigger - oh well. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and see how it goes right?

Today I swept off the dust ;) on one of my iTreads- man I forgot how much I enjoy these also. I guess I need to give CC a small break and focus on my iTreads as Grace kicks my rear with those:p and I was soaked - just how I like it. Afterwards I followed up with a nice stretch and Extreme Abs from CLX..

Now I need to tackle my kids bathroom as they have not kept it up as I like and instead of just fussing at them I'm going to show them what they're bathroom looks like after I get through with it :D

It's actually a lovely day today sun finally out and its already 72 degrees. My type of weather.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Oh BTW Hottie I'm not sure who gets CLX after I'm done with it. I guess you need to contact Beth :confused:

picture.php

Good morning! I'm a bit tight and sore actually today, particularly in my hamstrings. I was doing really well yesterday, logging in my calories and everything but we had a friend over (who is getting a divorce and we were trying to give him emotional support) and I wanted to munch on something small and then we ordered really crazy good Chinese food. I did the Crunch super slim down workout off of netflix downloads after that thinking the stretching will do me good but this morning, sore and tight. I even stayed home to help warm up the muscles for a nice circuit workout but my body didn't feel it so I came to work instead. I'm feeling a bit warmer so I'm going to head out to the school gym and take advantage of my last at-work-but-taking-mental-health-vacation day. I really wanted to do something Cathe today so maybe in the evening. This weekend is packed with more moving and cleaning and UNPACKING! Just survive today, right?

Chris -- sounds like the disc did wonders for you!
Beth -- yoga sounds like a good way to end the work week? You guys are talking about how the rotation went so fast -- I'm thinking how quickly some of these pounds have come on. I keep on telling myself nothing counts during the move/stressful time but um, yeah, I feel it. I'm actually glad I don't have STS because I would have certainly flaked on the rotation and then felt bad about it!
Vilma -- its colder here than it is where you are! Enjoy your sunrays!

BBL

Hey Girls..

Sooooo... my day has been freaky. It is TOM for me, it's the only thing I can figure, but I've had SUCH freakin instense cravings, I almost cried in the supermarket because every thing chocolate was talking to me ("Buy Me! Eat ME!"). I came out unscathed by promising to let myself pop popcorn and watch DVR'd ER from last night. Which I did, but I've kind of munched past the popcorn too.

What can I say? :eek:

We're taking the boys to the movies later and out to dinner, so can't promise to be so good either, But we'll see. Maybe I can talk myself into getting "jsut a salad". :confused:

Oh, plus I'm feeling that tickle in my throat that tells me I'm getting Zach's cold too. ... ACK!

Beth: thanks for sharing the info on that podcast about lower body weights for women. I like that answer. I was leaning towards the Plyo too, but then read about wearing a back pack with weights in it , and was thnking I could ... But definitely going to go with the Plyo on #3. Hey..Maybe we can do the 6 month together here? That would be cool! ... I LIKED having legs in the middle of the week. I ran the day before I did legs, it was "ok"! (well, not the first time I ran, but after).

Vilma: I'm eager to read "The Reader", heard it was a wicked good book. The librarian who checked it out for me said it was a "goodie". And then she said she herself was going to go home, order Pizza and a salad, drink tea and read HER good book. Only if I could! (Was wanting to switch lives withher for one night!).... iTreads sounds like a kicker! Good workout! AND good workout cleaning your kids' bathroom. I un*heart* that job!

Hottie: Moving is SUPER stressful, Hottie. Don't give up trying (i know you won't with the workouts). You'll be back in the swing , but wait until you get settled to be hard on yourself.

Off to pack snacks for the movies! (I'm packing my Zicam! ACK!)

Back quickly before I pick up the boys.....

Vilma, it's mostly work that's stressful, but yesterday a mom from the school died -- very sad -- she had cancer, but she hadn't told her kids she was sick. I have no idea what I'd do in that situation, but I predict I would have told my kids. Anyway, that's been on my mind, but work is super stressful right now too.

And Hottie, yes, yoga was a good way to end the week! I'm ready to start in on meso 2 tomorrow morning!!

Chris, I would love to do the six month rotation together -- not sure you want to wait that long though since I may want a little break in between -- let's see how it goes, but that would definitely be fun! I had originally figured I'd do the plyo, but the backpack thread got me thinking about not, too, but I'm convinced now. I also want to work my shoulders way harder based on what that guy said. It was the Beyond Diet podcast by the way, though probably not the most recent one.

Hey, let's all be easier on ourselves with the eating. It is so difficult to hold it together all the time -- I wrote last night that I think maintenance is the hardest thing (I think we're mostly trying to maintain in this group, even though I'll bet we'd all like to "lose those last five or ten pounds!"). Make little corrections as you go, and don't beat yourself up.

Have a great weekend -- I'm off to a mom/child playdate to kick off spring break.

-Beth

Back from the movies..

We went to see Monsters Vs. Aliens... IN 3D!! OMG, it was too cool and funny!

I ate like a fool.

BUT... You are right, Beth. It's ok to do once in a while, as long as I jump right back into eating good or eating better more than not. We do need to stop beating ourselves up. But I do get frustrated with working out so hard, and not getting as good results as I could, if I did eat better. I swear, my saying this week rings true yet again.. "You reap what you sew". I've been sayng it all week to the boys!

Beth, I don't plan on doing the 6 Month for a few months anyways, I want to get some running in , and back into some of Cathe's other workouts. Her April 09 Rotation looked really good! When do you think you'll be ready?

Ok, gotta go rest, my tummy is sore, and I definitely have a sinus thing hitting . :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.