~*~* Tuesday Melterama!!*~*~

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all! Deb hasn't started yet, so I hope that doesn't mean bad news. Deb, are you feeling okay? How's Clancy?

Once again, I did NOT get up and work out this morning. Such a slacker, huh?

I'll bbl for personals, but Tneah, I just had to tell you that I had the WEIRDEST dream about you, your DH and George last night.

Morning, ya'll. I'm supersore from yesterday (BFL upper body + physical therapy). I still managed to drag my keister out of bed and work out--did 4DS LIS cardio on a 4" step.

I'm about to take Isaac to the bus stop, then I'll be back for more and some personals....

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Goodmorning melters. Well, my last week off will be spent trying to melt off the 4 pounds that boarded my body over the last week. Sigh. I leave for St John on the 14th. I have a feeling with all my melting and regaining, I'll weigh exactly what I weighed when we started this challenge. I sure wish I knew what it was that makes me stick to my melting for a day or two, then bottle it and take a dose when the hungries hit.

Yesterday my knee felt great during 4DS LIS, but it was swollen and sore in the evening. Today I'll skip cardio and do something upper body. I'm not planning to workout till sometime this afternoon, so I'll decide what then.

Shelley, slacker is not a word I would ever use to describe you! Hope your commute was OK. We're having big, fluffy snowflakes, but it is supposed to rain later on. I sure hope the crappy weather magically ends on March 1.

TK, your genelogy research sounds interesting. Some day I may have to do something about my mom's side of the family. Rumor has it we are related to Geo. Washington...My dad's side has always seemed so much more interesting though. My great-grandfather was an Armenian minister/teacher and had to escape the Turkish genocide. I love telling people I'm Armenian. Our family name was Artzoumunian, until it was Anglizied to Asman. (Forgive my atrocious spelling.)

tneah, DH and I periodically have stupid knock-down, drag-out fights over nothing too. Funny, but since I've been home in the morning (I usually leave for work before anyone else is up), I've seen just how much work he does around here. I'll have to go easier on him next time I feel overworked and underpaid.

I'm going to go to go have some "me" time now, since it will be over soon. Maybe read in bed, or watch mindless TV. I'll try to get back after my WO.

Good morning all:7

Shelley, oh you have to tell me all about your dream!:) I love weird dreams about me--hows that for self-absorbed?:p And you a slacker? Uh, yeah right.Oh and I had weird dreams about me too last night...

Robin, your knee was sore AND swollen? For shame! That means you really, really have been overdoing it. That is what they warned me about after my surgery, if it swelled or became really sore, then watch out, you are doing too much too soon. Please hold back a little, you want to have a wonderful time in St. John without your knee hurting. I would hop back on that bike if you must do something, but let the knee rest a day or two first. And stop weighing yourself. 4 pounds could be anything right now, you just had surgery. Give the melting and yourself a break for a minute! You deserve it. Hum, if only I could talk to myself with all my good advice when I feel bad about the melting thing.;) But its true you know. And how fun! St. John in the middle of a nasty winter, oh you will have so much fun.

TK, I always meant to dig into my own family roots when I lived in Salt Lake City. They have the most comprehensive collection of family tree stuff in the world, plus they have LDS kids whose "mission" it is to help you! I know on my dads side we were just a bunch of Black Forest German field workers who migrated from Germany to Russia then to the Dakota's. My mom was adopted and never knew her parents, so that side of my family is lost forever I suppose since I really never knew my mom. I like to think she came from a French or Italian family...yes, I made up the fantasy story in my head when I was little!:)

Deb, still sending healing vibes your way, hope you get the chance to give us an update.

Lainie- I love 4DS LIC...I still cannot do the HIS workout in that series, its just too tricky for my two left feet, and scares me. Last time I tried I twisted my ankle and we don't need another injury round here!

I layed around all day yesterday--well I ran a few morning errands, but felt so bad it was all I could do but lay about! Bad period this month. Yuk. Skipped the workouts yesterday and have to check in with Mr. Trainer man today. I speak with him so that will be fun...?
I have been sticking to the exercise plan really well,the diet not as well, I have "pick" at stuff I am not supposed to. Whatta ya gonna do? I went through surgery and and started TOTM all in the same week. And I don't care what the scale says today...I have to email him my pics and weight. I am a little weary of it all at this point, might feel more motivated when I start feeling like my old self.

Okey dokey, hi to Leanne who is probably posting right now! And the rest of you lovelies, BBL to bitch and whine...just kidding!

:7

OK, I'm back. I got Isaac off to school and ate my first little meal of the day. I've had 4 cups of water so far and I feel very full. A bit too full of water, actually.

I was good about the water but of course had to get up to pee twice in the night and felt like I spent much of yesterday peeing. TMI? I have a bladder the size of an acorn.

TK, I do get the dream where you're running but not going anywhere, but more often I get one where I'm trying to scream but can't. With that DH usually wakes me up because I'm sort of making a whining, moaning noise which is my attempt to scream in the dream. Did I tell you guys about the couple times when I was hitting or shoving in a dream and woke up actually hitting out or shoving? That was weird. Haven't done that in a few weeks, though.

Shelley, ooh, I'm jealous. Wish you had a dream about me. Don't blame you, though--Tneah is probably a more exciting dream choice considering she lives in Vegas and all. :p

Robin, you've had some special challenges with your surgery and all, so maintenance would be perfectly respectable for the time being. Would you believe I am actually up 7 lbs from when we started supposedly melting. Ugh. That's part of my motivation to do BFL. And it ain't muscle I've gained, either. x(

Tneah, Germany to Russia to the Dakotas is an interesting family history. Where did you grow up--somewhere out west? I have a large family on my Mom's side and they are several generations of Texans (and a Heinz57 mix of European ancestry) but on my dad's side I don't know much beyond the fact that my grandfather was French Canadian who moved somehow to Texas and was a missionary in South America, Cuba, and Europe while my dad and uncles were growing up.

BBL. Gotta go potty again.

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Tneah - I'm not entirely sure I should tell you about my dream. You might just start backing away slowly and call the looney bin to come and take me away. You were in it at first, and we were at my office. We were going somewhere, because we went out to the car and your DH was there. Then you had to go back in because you'd forgotten something. While we were waiting, we were looking at a book that had pictures of you in weird places, like a swamp. Then the landscape kind of changed and we were in the desert. You still weren't back, but George and two other dogs came out of the hills near where we were waiting, only it didn't look like George, it looked like a Dingo. The dogs were all covered in blood, like they'd just killed something. They started moving towards me and your DH and growling and their hackles were up. Clearly they were about to attack us. So your DH went to the car, opened the back and pulled out this cute little terrier-type dog, which he proceeded to pretty much give to George and the other two dogs so they could rip it to shreds. At this point I started crying and screaming at him not to give the little dog to the other dogs. Then I woke up.

And this is why I've never wanted to have my dreams analyzed:p

Wow, Shelley, that sounds like one of my dreams. Freaky-deaky. One of my scariest dreams involved Big Bird. BB and I were hired as thugs by the mafia to teach someone a lesson. BB was beating him with a bat (but luckily it wasn't very graphic in the dream) and then trying to eat his leg. I've never been comfy with BB since.

I also LOATHE clowns (but that's not entirely relevant here).

Shelley, OMG!:eek: I need to read it again and again and try and let my "higher self" in and interpret it. Its gotta mean something right? Wow.

Tneah, I think the only way you could understand it would be to actually BE high:p

And I'm not entirely sure I want to know what it means.

It's right up there with my classic "dog turning into a flying peanut" dream. Don't ask.

Hi y'all - that big job I mentioned yesterday came in. I've been doing some serious editing all day. BOOORING. Had a bit of a break, so I wanted to stop by and see what everyone is up to. Hmmm. Lots of odd dreams going on here. Must be something in the air. I had a really weird one too, and I hardly ever remember my dreams, so that's even weirder. Sorry I don't have time for personals. Maybe tomorrow...

By the way, that protein powder is gross.

Hi Melters. Today was GS BSB. It was one of those days where the weights seemed heavier than usual!

Robin: It's been family lore that we're related to Lewis Morris, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. The Morris line is the one I've been working lately. I still have one, maybe two generations to dig through to know for sure if the family stories are true. The name 'Lewis Morris' is rampant in my family line, so maybe there's some truth there. You should look into your George Washington connection. By George, I think his line would be very well documented! Hey, and if you're Armenian, maybe you're related to Cher. Isn't she of Armenian descent?

Tneah: The Mormons have been all through my local Historical Society getting genealogical info. They have quite a repository there in SLC. In fact I use their free software to keep all my records. IMO it's better than the software you have to buy. Are you originally from the Dakotas? That's a place I've always wanted to go. I've always imagined it to be very unspoiled.

Lainie: Yes, I have the screaming dream too but not as often as the running one. I've also had dreams where I woke myself up laughing. I think Big Bird and the mafia would have been one of those! LOL.

Shelley: You and Lainie have to get your dreams analyzed. All that detail you both remember must mean you are both very imaginative and creative.

Shannon: Hope your work is going better than mine! Busy busy!

Hey all,

I just talked to Mr. Trainer man.:) Good news, he says my bodyfat looks to be around 14 percent or a little lower...:7 I am so excited, he was really happy with my muscular development, says I am putting on the lean mass very quickly (dude, I coulda told you I do that pretty easily!) and leaning out quickly, wow, who knew at age 41 I could do it? ;) Even with all my obsessive crap I went through, I am at a place where I am enjoying this now because I know that if I want a treat I can have one without feeling guilty. I didn't tell him that of course, its my little secret.I have even taken extra days off when I felt bad, like yesterday.

I asked about a maintenance program, he says he will give me guidelines to follow after the 12 weeks to maintain my newer, leaner self. Again, I will tailor that program to include some of lifes little pleasures.
Wow, am I finding "balance" in my eating, working out at last? Maybe I shouldn't get too excited right?:p

TK, no, my dad is from North Dakota but I was born in Oregon and lived in the Seattle area my whole childhood. Thats so cool you used the LDS resources, they are the best in the world. I had one of those "hard weights" workouts today. I did back, and feel like I got nowhere, everything felt heavy and useless, guess we will both see how sore we are tomorrow before we judge to harshly right?;)

Ok, off to feed the dog, the boys and then I have a date with Grace and itread!

Robin,

Wanted to make sure you knew how precious your little grandson is. I responded over on the OD, but had to tell you, overcoming challenges like little Greyor did are the things that are really important, not reaching a certain level of bodyfat. That is just wonderful, he is a beautiful boy, you must be so proud!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.