{{ Melters..It's the Weekend! }}

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well the weekend is finally here. I thought the week would never end!

Today is a rest day for me. Just errands, and CleanMax around here. I need to start thinking about what clothes I will be packing for Dallas and then Mexico right afterwards. Yes, I think the beeping around 3:30 was the one travel alarm I use when I have to fly to DC in the am. I have to get up at 3:30 so I have one of the "extras" set for that. The others are all in a basket and I just threw them in there every time I got one as a favor on a trip. I took the batteries out of all of them. Beeping or not, the dogs still got DH up at 3:30 today to go outside.. sigh..I think this is going to be our life from now on unless I drug them! }(

Robin:
Glad that you were cleared for surgery.. that sounds strange but you know what I mean! ;-) Maybe you should get one of those step mats that Lainie got to start with..

Shelley:
So sorry to hear about the pain in your arm..;(

Shannon:
I'm not sure what a level 4 sprint is but it sounds hard! Cudos to you for being able to do that :D I can't believe it took you so long to get home.. we have a 15 minute commute here...runnning away fast so Shannon can't slap me..LOL

Stephanie:
I have High step circuit too and I like your modifications to make it more difficult!

Judy:
Love your new signature line!

Emily:
How was the game?

Tneah:
The standing rib roast sounds wonderful! Where do I find the recipe?
I do have that Rescue Remedy that someone recommended for when we take them to the vet and they are spastic! I never thought to try it at night...mmm.. maybe a drop right before we go to bed..I did order the Lean Dessert in Choc/coconut flavor. Do you use 1 scoop and how much water/milk? I have ground flax seed but not the oil.. it's off to GNC for me when the stuff comes in. Your trainer sounds serious!

Leanne:
Congratulations on the melting! :7 You can join us in the am for your 20 minute HIIT ... we'll be there waiting for you! LOL

Lainie:
Wow a writer in our midst! when do you have the time? LOL

TK:
I don;t think I have a problem waking up! Not with these nocturnal animals I have..Just a basket full of alarms that multiplied over the years Thanks for the recipe link. :9

p.s did everyone check out the Blog describing the new cardio series to come out after STS?

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Good morning, everyone!

I hate the fact that I can't sleep in on the weekends anymore! I was up at 6:00. Ah, well!

I left a book in my office at work that I need, so I'm going to run over there later this morning. Today I'll be doing the cardio only version of Body Max 2, along with a segment of Core Max. It'll otherwise be a relaxing weekend! We're supposed to get a lot more rain tonight and tomorrow, so we'll be staying indoors and enjoying it.

Deb -- How exciting to get ready for your trip! Will it be warm in both Dallas and Mexico? Too bad that the pooches still aren't sleeping in! Their body clocks must be set to that early hour. Thanks, too, for the update about the blog. I haven't taken a peek at it yet, but will as soon as I finish checking in.

Robin -- That's great that you'll be cleared for surgery on Tuesday! You know that we'll all be sending you our positive thoughts that day! What a huge amount of time to have off work, too! Do you have any projects you can work on that don't require you to be on your feet? Any good books to catch up on?

Tneah -- Thanks for all the great info about making the shakes in the freezer! I'm going to try it today! Are you still doing alright with all that working out? S&H always takes me a bit to get into, but then I love it. I know what you mean about how hard it can be to concentrate with that slow pace, though!

Lainie -- Your book sounds great! There are so many memoirs out there now that are doing so well with the public. One of my friends from work actually started working on her memoirs as her sabbatical last year. Have you read _The Glass Castle_? I highly recommend it! Did you get any sleep after watching that haunted houses show?

TK -- Congrats on the bonus! Although Europe would be wonderful, the practical things in life are also fun to have! I bought BBC a few months ago, but haven't even opened it. I'm putting in on hold for now.

Michele -- Where are you? We miss you!!

Shelley --- How is your arm feeling today? Will you be running for your workout this morning?

Shannon -- Is that terrible sleet and rain still there? Stay dry!

Emily -- Any weekend plans?

Judy -- Any good recipes to share?

Stephanie -- "Hi" in case you check in!

Morning!

Deb - how exciting that you're going to Mexico! I assume Dallas is on business? What do you do with the doggies when you go away?

Leanne - enjoy your indoor weekend. I like those. It's freaking cold here, so we'll be inside too.

Robin - good luck with your surgery. I bet the 4 weeks will fly by (sorry!).

Tneah - thanks for sharing your latest info from the trainer. Sounds like you're doing really well!

Lainie - I bet you'd write a fabulous book!

TK - WTG on the bonus! I usually get one in February. Not sure if it'll happen this year though.

Shannon - how is the weather there today?

My arm is okay today. I got up this morning and did Cardio Coach Press Play and set another PR, so I'm pretty pumped about that. Today will be laundrymax, cleanmax and scrapbookmax. I better get my butt moving here. I hope everyone has a great day and I should be back later to check up.:)

Happy Saturday Everyone!:)

Deb, you will love the chocolate-coconut flavor. And the ground flax will add a nice thickness to your shake. I am allowed one scoop because I have to have three of these shakes a day along with the other food, but if you are using it after your weight workouts you could use two. Just "eyeball" it as far as the milk or water goes. You kinda have to experiment with how much you like, I like to use a little less and more ice cubes so its thicker and more pudding/shake like.:9 Oh, here is the recipe for the standing rib roast. Remember not to open the oven--very important to the final outcome.;) You cannot go wrong with Miss Paula Deen in my experience! Have fun in Mexico!

1 (5-pound) standing rib roast
1 tablespoon House Seasoning, recipe follows

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Rub roast with House Seasoning; place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast. Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Shelley, way to go Speedy!:eek: Why don't you consider doing a race or something? You would do great!

Leanne, you are up early! Wow. We have friends headed down to San Diego this AM with a car to leave on Shelter Island-that is where our boat is usually docked.It is in Ensinada, Mexico right now and will be back the middle of next month, I am sooo excited to go back and stay for awhile! Enjoy you workout, I have never done BM2. I know, it scares me, I hate workouts longer than 60 minutes, which is why mine works so well, mine are split up into two workouts a day.

Lainie, I have often thought of writing my life story, it truly is one of those "rags to riches" or rather "to hell and back" stories!:7
I love "real" stories about people's lives, so get to work girl, cannot wait to see you on NY best seller list.:)

TK, nice to hear about your bonus, saving is hard, but easier when you just put it away and "pretend" its not there! Thats what I have to do.You deserve that trip.

A big hug and hello to Stephanie, Judy, Emily, Michele, Robin and anyone else I may have overlooked this AM.

Think I will do a new Grace workout I downloaded yesterday, its 40 minutes long, perfect for what I am doing right now. Oh and a friend of mine put the whole Roger Water, "The Berlin Wall", featuring artists singing all the songs from the album-the concert was awhile back (in Berlin), but I was floored by the music! Who knew Cyndi Lauper could belt out "Another Brick In the Wall?" Wow.
Okay,off I go,,,,

:7

Happy Saturday, Melters! Yesterday I took a rest day (unintentionally). I got SO busy with my newsletter that I didn't finish up until 8:30 p.m. Oliver was being rebellious and I had to have a long talk with him, and by the time I got the kids bathed and to bed and I got some downtime it was 10 p.m. Ugh. I find that the age of 6 is more terrible so far than the age of 2. Anyway, today is a new day.

Deb: Sorry the dogs keep waking you up!! I hope you have a more restful night tonight.

Leanne: Sorry you also can't sleep late on the weekend! Have fun with BodyMax2. I love that one!

Shelley: Congrats on the CC success! You rock!

tneah: You have so much energy! I admire that so much! Have fun with your workout. I totally agree that Paula Deen is the kitchen queen. Love her!

OK off to make blueberry waffles for "brunch" since it's so late for the boys. Not for me though!!! :) Have a great day!!

Hi again! Okay, bathrooms are done and I'm on the third load of laundry.

Tneah - I've run many races in the past, but I don't much like it. I'm FAR too competitive and get really stressed out. I do the Run for the Cure every year, just because of the fundraising aspect, but I don't generally do any other races anymore.

Stephanie - I saw your post in the <--- thread about being too self-conscious to run outside. I hear ya. When I first started, I would ONLY run at night. But you know what? Just think to yourself that you're out there doing something, and if anyone cares to sit on their fat a$$ and eat donuts and watch while you run by, well, then, who's the loser in that situation? ;-)

Okay, I'm off to Home Depot to pick up some more puzzle mats and handles for my newly-painted bookshelf!

Back to say I really enjoyed the 40 min Grace workout, she gave the speeds for walkers, joggers and runners! Although I must admit, walking at 4.5-5.0 for alot of the workout was a little much on the hips and knees, you feel like a spaz walking that fast. I think I need to get used to it and relax into the movement....I have never walked that fast before, and my legs are not super long so it was hard keeping the pace.

Shelley, I am competitive with myself, could care less what someone else is doing,which is probably why bodybuilding attracted me. But maybe I would feel that way with others should I ever be in a competitive situation. Even at the show I did, I didn't care if I won, I made it to the stage so in my mind I reached my goal, but racing against others might be totally different, I can be pretty intense I guess.

I really admire your dedication to running, if you can do it, it is one of the best things for overall health in my humble opinion. ;) Have fun with your home decor project!:)

Hi everyone. DH went to Manhattan to work today but we declined going with him because it is too dadburned cold to walk around the city today while he works (sometimes we go along and traipse about Midtown while he slaves away). Instead I went to Target and the post office. Big excitement. I had to send another workout DVD that sold on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/index.html?ie=UTF8&sellerID=A2OF7SCGY4SA82)

For lunch I had vegetable soup and then nonfat organic Greek yogurt with blueberries, almonds, ground flax seed, and a little honey mixed in. I got that idea from Tracey Staehle's blog (though she used raspberries, I think). Breakfast was Special K (I am a cereal fanatic--I have 15 kinds in my pantry almost all the time--and that's not counting the 5 or 6 hot varieties as well). So with that it looks like I'm doing well with eating today--but I also had more than my fair share of Stacey's cinnamon pita chips today. Oops. Could be worse.

I plan to do 4DS HIS today--going to try it on my MatStep. First I have to get Ewan down for his nap. I'm going to go do that now.

BBL for personals.

Edit: for dumb typo.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi melters. I did CCv7 this morning. Half way through, the battery on my MP3 player died, so I had to fake the last half. I think I did pretty well with my HRM, but I missed the music.

I just got done stuffing some shells for dinner. Friends are coming over. There is an apple pie cooling in the kitchen.

Lainie, lots of us are big time cereal fans. I learned the trick of mixing several cereals together from Shelley. Right now my favorite is Raisin Bran with kashi Mountain Medley granola.

Hi Shelley. I forgot to clean the powder room! I gave it a quicky with a paper towel. Good thing my company are "Back Door Friends" who don't mind a little dust.

Stephanie, I usually get an unplanned rest day in my week. That's why I never seem to be able to finish a rotation. It's just too hard to plan from day to day, so I look at yesterday's workout when planning today's. Mmmmm, blueberry waffles.

Deb, yeah, didn't this week seem about 3 weeks long? Have a great time in Mexico.

Leanne, LOL about getting up at 6. That IS sleeping in for me. I can't wait to stay up late and sleep in during my time off.

tneah, I don't know. As a microbiologist, I get awfully nervous about leaving meat in a warm over for so long. I picture E coli 0157:H7 happily multiplying in the nice, moist warmth.

I think I'll go try to take a power nap, then grab a shower. I hope the company doesn't stay too late tonight. I have to work tomorrow. Of course, they are good friends and will understand if I leave the party at 9 or 10.

Robin, I never thought of that.:eek: I have made it several times with no upsets....hum thinking of that bacteria multiplying makes me sick, gross. Think I might go back to the regular ole way of making it, the guys will never know!;) Enjoy your yummy dinner, I love stuffed shells.:9

Hi Melters! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

I actually intended to post this morning, but I just started doing stuff on my list and didn't stop. It's been a pretty busy day. AND it's almost 50 degrees outside. Yep - all the sleet is gone. It stuck around just long enough to cause havoc downtown. Grrrr.

I did the LIC cardio premix, plus the all-blast add on and the abs. My calf was happy, and so am I. I took my measurements today, and the tape measure tells me that my butt and waist are smaller. I'm having a hard time believing that, but hey, I won't argue.

Deb - you'll have to tell us all about your trip to Mexico. Wow. Let's see - a level 4 in Cardio Coach is his hardest level. For me, a level 4 sprint is flat out as fast as I can pedal on the elliptical, and it really wears me out. I imagine a runner like Shelley handles it better. I'm not very good at speed.

Leanne - I hope you enjoy your relaxing weekend! And BM2 - that premix is just so much fun.

Shelley - I'm glad your arm is better today. And I'm really excited about yet another PR for you!

Stephanie - are you writing the newsletter or doing graphic design/layout? Or both? Blueberry waffles sound delicious!

Tneah - I've tried walking for cardio before, and you're right. Walking at high speeds is hard. I find it very uncomfortable, so I just leave walking for enjoyment and hiking.

Lanie - 15 different cereals????? :eek: That's amazing. The yogurt thing sounds yummy!

Robin - you know, that's kind of exciting in a way that you get to take so much sick leave. I hope your knee is mobile enough to let you enjoy some of it! And I'm right with you - 6 a.m. is sleeping in for me too!

I am happy to report that I RAN!!! We took the boys to a park with a walking trail near our house before DH went to his 5K, and I ran most of the 1-mile trail!! I took two walking breaks, one because my breathing got dorked up and the other because I got a killer stitch. But I've never been able to run farther than 100 yards before, so I"m pretty pleased. My two-year old amazed me. We ran half the trail with the kids after I finished my mini-run, and my 2 year old (Henry) ran the entire 1/2 mile! Oliver takes after me. He's going to have to practice, but we said we'd go back every weekend weather permitting. One thing I noticed is that I like running on gravel trails better than concrete, so I'm going to enjoy going to this park.

Shelley: thanks for the pep talk!! You guys inspire me more than you know.

Lainie: I think you must be supermom!

Robin: I agree with the unplanned rest days. They always kill my attempts at a rotation. I do better just doing the workout that I feel like doing from day to day instead of trying to stick to a rotation, because when I have an uplanned rest day, I wind up getting frustrated and ditching the rest of the rotation.

Shannon: I'm designing/laying out the newsletter each month and I edit the copy (which is a job unto itself). If I wrote it, it would be A LOT more concise and to-the-point. I also do occasional press releases for events that we have; my church is very mission-based. And yes, DH's blueberry waffles are delicious!!!

Later taters!

Hi everyone. I did 4DS HIS and lots of laundry and I'm back for personals.

Deb, I think I heard that MMA (for the next cardio series) stands for Mixed Martial Arts. That sounds pretty cool (but a bit intimidating, too).

Leanne, I haven't read The Glass Castle, but it's on my list at paperbackswap.com to get soon.

Shelley, way to go on all your personal records lately--rock on!

Tneah, maybe if I can get around to writing my life story, you could write yours as well. My story would probably mainly be comedy because though there have been hard times, mostly I see a lot of humor when I reminisce.

Stephanie, you have an Oliver? I love that name! It reminds me of Britain since there were more Olivers there (though Isaac has one in his class here). And me Supermom? Where did that come from? Trying to remember what I said earlier. Hmm, generally consider myself the opposite of a Supermom--more like a Lazymom or Sleepymom, truth be told.

Robin, oooh, mixing cereal--I haven't done that in a while (sometimes I do it when I get to the end of a box of one and need more.
Shannon, yep, I didn't even realize how much cereal I had until my mom visited at New Year's and marveled at my selection. So I counted and sure enough, there were 15 kinds (and some had double boxes of the same thing so I had like 20 boxes). I decided I'd eat some up and not buy more for a while, but of course that didn't work and I still have 15 varieties (but slightly different selection than before). My DH says it's a reaction to living in the Netherlands where our local store only had 5 kinds of really boring cereal to choose from. I went into withdrawal and when we moved back a little over a year ago I've become a serious cereal hoarder.

Hmm, maybe I should start my book with a humorous realization of my cereal variety obsession and then recount the past that led to it. Or maybe not. I'll probably write the first chapter last. The beginning is always the most difficult.

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Good evening melters. This morning I did a real hodgepodge. First was Philip Gray followed by a couple new combos from Seasun Zeiger followed by Cathe HIS step only premix. Whew! According to the HRM it was 1 hour 40 mins. I just love long cardio days on Saturdays. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but will do some shoulder work because I somehow missed shoulders this week, oops.

On a bad note, it looks like DH's MRSA is back. He'll be going to the Dr. on Monday. I feel so bad for him because this is the 3rd time. This time it's on his scalp. He's bald so he's so self-conscous about it. I feel bad for him.

Leanne: I've been seeing on the news that your area is getting a lot of rain. Stay dry!

Tneah: What is your boat doing in Mexico? Do you rent it out? DH and I have thought about working on someone's boat after retiring. We have a friend who has made a second career of it. He's been all over Europe, the Caribbean, and South America. It's work for sure, but given our experience DH and I have thought we'd could do pretty well at it. DH plans to get his captain's license, which means I will too because he has test phobia and needs me to help him pass the test!

Shelley and Stephanie: I'm the slowest runner there is. Come run with me and you won't be self-conscious at all!

Lainie and Robin: I thought I was the only freak that mixed cereals. Right now I've been mixing Fiber One with Uncle Sam. DH says that once I'm done with the cereal I should just shred and eat the boxes. He doesn't understand the benefits of fiber like I do.

Hello to everyone I've missed!

Lainie: Yep, I loved the name Oliver. (Truth be told, I'm a HUGE fan of the movie Love Story, and I stole it from the main character Oliver Barrett). I just get the feeling that you're a super mom, Lainie. That's all. :) And as for the book, go for it! I've written a few children's books that I have YET to be published, and I keep saying I want to start a humorous mommy's book some day. Kids give you SO much material!

Now I must go fix dinner for the kiddos and me and DH. Have a great night everyone!

Hey guys,

Having a very, very hard day with this self-imposed program.:-( I want sugar something fierce and energy levels are crap this afternoon.Am questioning my sanity right now quite frankly. Those 4 pounds are the first loss I have experienced since my surgery-Mr.Trainer man told me that the loss from my hip surgery was simply water and muscle, not to be too excited about it.Anyway, I am not complaining, its just been a PMS afternoon from hell is all.

Ok, enough complaining!:) Thanks Stephanie, my energy levels are usually sky-high, and then when I am tired, I am dead tired, like right now. Congrads on your run girl!

TK, what condition does your DH have? I feel for him whatever he suffers with. I hate it when people-especially men feel embarassed, it makes me feel really bad. My DH had a mole removed from his face and was so scared it would leave a big disfiguring scar, it did not, but he was so scared about it.
Our boat is in Mexico along with a slew of other CA boats, its to avoid some god awful taxation that apparently happens if you don't move it out of the country for a few months. So everyone packs up and heads south for the winter!
Our captain is down there with the boat, and all of our friends have taken turns going down and staying on the boat-its the law, so we have kept the boat busy all winter. We didn't go due to constant work obligations.
I think getting your captains license,er, I mean your DH getting his captains license is a great idea. Alot of couples do that and live on board. Our captain lives in town, so we don't see him all the time, just for maintenance stuff and when we take the boat out.Its a nice relaxing life, I love "boat people".

:)

Tneah: DH has had a couple bouts with MRSA. That's that antibiotic resistant infection that's gotten a lot of press recently. He had it in his right leg in May, then his left leg in September. Both times he had to go to a surgeon to have it cut out. Now it looks like it has started up on his scalp. Poor guy! I'm back to bleaching everything again just in case. Knock wood, I've not shown any signs of it.

Our friends who keep boats in Florida have a similar problem as you do in California. If they keep the boat in FL during hurricane season then they have to pay a huge insurance premium. Many of them will travel north or south during that time to avoid the huge insurance bill.

3:25 am here on the East Coast. I'm up with my nasty cough again. x(

I might try sleeping down here on the couch so I don't disturb hubby too much. Or maybe the comfy chair since sitting up makes me cough less. Going to try.

I think I might have to go back to the doc soon. :(

Well, Melters - it's Sunday. Less than 24 hours, and it's back to work. Sigh.

Today will be nice, though. I'm going to haul some wood up to the house, and maybe give the dog a bath, since it's supposed to be close to 60 degrees today. I should probably scrub some of my tile floors, too... oh yeah, that'll be fun. ;)

My schedule says I'm supposed to do Power Hour today. I don't know if I'm in the mood for it, but I'll do some sort of total body workout.

Stephanie - congrats on your first run! Just keep at it, and it'll get easier. Running really uses your whole body, don't you think?

TK - I sure hope your DH gets over the MRSA. That's nasty stuff. Is it community-acquired, or was he in the hospital?

Lanie - how long did you live in the Netherlands?

Happy Sunday, everyone!

How is everyone doing today? Today is Clean Max and Laundry Max, followed by some S&H Bis and Tris. I'm feeling really tired for some reason this weekend, and so I've been trying to get to bed early. What workouts will you all be doing today?

Shannon -- I have that same oh-no-it's-almost-back-to-work feeling, too, every Sunday! I have Power Hour, but I've actually never done it before. Do you like it or does it have a bit of a dread factor? Glad that the sleet is gone!

Shelley -- Has the week from h*** continued to stay away this week? I hope so!

Tneah -- How did your appointment with the hip Dr. go the other day? Is your hip still doing well? When your boat gets back in San Diego and you come visit it, we'll still have to do lunch and meet in person! That would be so much fun! Did you feel better last night? Can you have a teensy bit of sugar?

Robin -- So how early do you get up during the week? Is it because of your job? There are so many early risers around here!

Stephanie -- Congrats on the run!

Deb -- Did you get any better sleep? Did the pooches stay awake? And when do you leave on your trip?

Lainie -- I can't believe that that cough kept you up all night! Do try to call your Dr. today!

TK -- Yes, we're getting a lot of rain here in San Diego, which is actually nice since we need it. Today we're supposed to get some big thunderstorms. We're planning on staying indoors and enjoying it!

Judy -- How's your weekend going?

Michele -- We miss you! Hope you're alright!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.