{{{{ Cheetahville Super Bowl Sunday}}}}}

gidget1978

Cathlete
I will be the first to admit that I don't give a rats pa-toti about this game}( Just thought it would be nice to put it in the name! Hopefully Blurry Eyed Cheetah (a.k.a Wendy/Fitmom) won't miss it this time:7

I took a OT shift today so I am up to get my workout done! I am thinking about doing a small run and BM2 circuits.

Cathy** Yeah, you look very young in that pic! You must be doing something right! hehe

Dallas** Did you have a good night with DH?

Wendi** I would love to be able to get to bed earlier but everytime I plan it, it never happens. Hopefully you will get your workout in before work.

Judy** Sounds like you had a good night with friends as well. Us girls are going to try to get together more often...without the booze:) Play cards once a week or something.

The girls I went out with Fri night are all planning a trip to Vegas next Mar. I think DH and I may be in. It was only a while ago I said that we have to go there before I die...I didn't realize it would be so soon:) They are thinking it will cost in the $3000-$4000 range, if thats the case we can go...if they are doubling that...not so sure. I want to be able to go and do whatever I want, money not being an issue. If I took one OT shift each month and banked it for the next yr it would be smooth sailing, and worth it!

Alright...SHUT UP cheetah and get your workout done!
Lori:)

Morning, cheetah babes!

Lori [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] My parents both wear their age well, so I guess I was blessed in the genes department on that one. Usually folks guess I’m in my late 20s…Vegas is a great time. Have fun planning your trip!

Judy [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] Glad to hear Waldo’s back. He’s ready for a life of luxury now.

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] Glad that throat thing vanished…hope you had a fun date night last night.

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] Hmm, that’s an interesting pain you’re describing. I still think it sounds like it’s related to the anterior tibialis – perhaps an inflammation of the tendon?…when you said you’re feeling it on pushoff and it sometimes goes up toward the knee, that’s what came to mind. I wonder if I'm picturing the pain where it really is. Is it anywhere along here? http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TibialisAnterior.html

Christine [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] I *love* the skirt – adorable! Congrats on downsizing. Love that feeling. I may have to go check out BR now. It’s right next to my favorite store of all time: Ann Taylor.

Today's workout will likely be an outdoor run (weather permitting) and pullups.

Have a great Sunday...enjoy the game...will BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning Cheetahville!

So I got up with enough energy to workout but, alas, my foot said "no freakin' way!" Ugh, this is getting old. It *is* a touch better this morning but, then again, it does get worse through the course of the day. Staying positive that this isn't anything serious.

Cathy - Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, we have a swing and a miss again lol. The pain is on the outside of my foot and only radiates upward when it gets *really* bad...which didn't happen at all yesterday so I guess that's a good sign. I should change my name to "Mysterious Cheetah" with all my mysterious lumps and pains lately *rolls eyes*. If your weather is anything like ours you should have a beoootiful run today...enjoy!!!

Christine - Congrats on the skirt score in a smaller size! The best part will be when, in another month or two, you put it on again and you're swimming in it :D. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAAAAAAAAAAATS!

Lori - Oh, a trip to Vegas with the girls sounds like fun! I hope you get to do it. Enjoy your workout!

Okay, gonna cruise OD for a minute since I have extra time. BBIAB.

ETA - Edited to fix a zillion typos. I really need to proofread better...I'm getting sloppy lol.

Christine - Oops, I forgot to tell you that SB and C&W are a blast on the Bosu...especially those pendulums across the step in C&W }( :+. I've done portions of Imax 3 (from HCE) and the one with the reverse mambo can be tricky to modify. I found that I kind of had to jog up while turning around instead of stepping up...kind of like doing a turning pendulum. Does that make any sense? Anyway, just get creative and have fun!

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] OK, so it starts and stays on the outside...hmm...wonder if it's the peroneal tendon then. Something to keep an eye on, for sure...I heard we were supposed to get rain, but I'm glad to see that's not til tomorrow. Yay!!

Im at work now and just wanted to chime in with my workout. It was a shorter workout, but Im down with that! hehe You like that? Im very cool and hip, you know!;) ;)
I did a 4 mile run and 2 seg of BM2 circuits. When I looked it was 7:00 and I have to be at work by 8. Called it quits. My energy wasn't the highest either. I think being out the night before and putting in a good workout yesterday took a toll on the 'ole bod:)

Cathy** Enjoy your outdoor run! No running outside for me yet! Im looking forward to it though. DS and I got out alot last yr. I wonder what he will be like this yr in the stroller?
Good genes beats any cream any day:) Lucky you!

Wendi** What did you do to your foot? I guess I missed that.The trip is actually a couples trip. There are a bunch of people turning 40 the same time and they have been talking about this trip for a few yrs...and this is the yr they turn 40! They are trying to get as many couples on the go as possible. Im thinking maybe 5 days instead of a week. We will see how clingy DS is at the time.

Lori

:)

Lori [font face="Symbol"]¨[/font] Nice workout...I might have gotten lucky with the looking-younger gene, but I assure you there are plenty of things (like crap sinuses, fat knees, and excess junk in the trunk!) I could have done without. *lol* Five days in Vegas is plenty, IMO. If you can, try to get to the Grand Canyon when you're out there. It's magnificent!

[font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson size=+1]OK, cheetahs, how 'bout some Super Bowl fun? Care for a little friendly wager?[/font]

Post your answers to these questions, and let's see who wins braggin' rights.

1) How long will it take to sing the national anthem?
2) Which team will win the coin toss?
3) Which team will score first?
4) Which team will get the first penalty?
5) Which team will fumble first?
6) Which team will intercept the ball first?
7) Which team will be leading at halftime?
8) What song will Tom Petty open with at halftime?
9) Which team will win it all?
10) What color liquid will be used to douse the winning coach?

Good Morning Girls.

I spotted the thread right away today Lori so :p on you! LOL

Well girls, today is the day! I start my X+ rotation with Total Body + and Abs/Core+. }( I am in TROUBLE! LOL My measurements/stats are all done and I am going to have DH take before pics when he gets up. We'll see what happens! :)

Sunny: When are you starting the X girl? I can't wait to get NROWL4W! I want to start reading it so I can be ready to do a rotation with you once the X is done. Do you think you'll be taking a recovery week or two in between cause I'm gonna need that. The original X kicked my arse so I'm sure that this one will too...but in a GOOD way ofcourse. ;)

Lori: Too funny that you are thinking of going to Vegas in March b/c I might be going to Vegas in March too!}( It would be cool if we were there at the same time and could meet up. It can be hard to make time for a good stretch or yoga session. Don't expect to do alot right off the kick. Do you have Stretch Max? Start by trying to make time for one Stretch Max segment each week. You can even do it on your rest day cause then you'll know your work out will not interfere. I do that alot with yoga. So do you have any interest in trying yoga??

Cathy: I haven't heard you utter the words outdoor run in a while. I hope the weather cooperates and you can get out there. I admit it...I haven't run outside in MONTHS and probably won't even attempt it until March!:p So the DVD's I ordered are Tom Hollands Total Body work out, Tracey's High Intensity K/B and Sculpt Sweatfest.

Wendi: Anything interesting going on in the O/F this morning? I haven't gotten there yet. Sorry about the foot. Are you going to get it checked out?

Lorie: There ended up being no yoga y'day. Total rest day. That's okay though. I was busy doing stuff around the house when DS was napping and when he got up we headed out to the mall to walk around and grab some dinner. I was supposed to get my ears re-pierced but this is now the ***SECOND*** time I've chickened out! LOL I had them pierced for years but stopped wearing earrings for a while and the holes closed. I have 3 tattoos, had a belly button ring, used to have 2 holes in each ear AND a cartilage piercing for a short time. WHY I am having such a hard time going to get my ears re-pierced with ONE hole each is BEYOND me!:p Glad your run was pain free. Hope you still feel good this morning. Is running supposed to be a bigger CALORIE burn or a bigger FAT burn? I have a book about women and running and I know it's in there. I'll have to check it out and get back to you.

Christine: The DVD's I ordered are Tom Hollands Total Body work out, Tracey's High Intensity K/B and Sculpt Sweatfest. Cute skirt btw and congrats on buying it in a smaller size. Isn't that just the greatest feeling in the world!? :+

Hello to the rest of the Cheetahs!

I think that about catches me up for now....I'll BBIAB! :)

1) How long will it take to sing the national anthem? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]1:53[/font]
2) Which team will win the coin toss? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Giants[/font]
3) Which team will score first? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Pats[/font]
4) Which team will get the first penalty? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Giants[/font]
5) Which team will fumble first? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Giants[/font]
6) Which team will intercept the ball first? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Pats[/font]
7) Which team will be leading at halftime? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Pats[/font]
8) What song will Tom Petty open with at halftime? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]"Runnin' Down a Dream"[/font]
9) Which team will win it all? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]Pats[/font]
10) What color liquid will be used to douse the winning
coach? [font face="comic sans ms" color=crimson]orange[/font]

Those are my guesses. Mind you, I know ZERO about football. :7

Hello to all the wonderful ladies in cheetahville,

cathy- you do look very young and pretty in your pic!

lori- i think that sounds like an awesome trip! i really liked las vegas the couple of times I went and i agree 5 days is good.

wendi- keep an eye on that foot. i hope whatever it is goes away soon.

christine- great job on downsizing the clothes!! yay, another reason to shop, lol.

last night dh and I went out for sushi and then went to coldstone for ice cream!! the plan was to also see a movie but there wasn't anything out we wanted to see (figures the one time we can get out) so we rented game plan with the rock. it was a very cute movie, we both cried (don't tell dh i told you, lol). we had a very nice night.

today was just going to be yoga but i woke up with alot of energy for some reason and i am going to do kick, punch jam (a turbo jam) thanks WENDY, i totally forgot about that goodie!!:7 followed by a segment of flexible warrior 3.0.

enjoy the superbowl fun today ladies!!

BBL....

wendy- you snuck in on me. i will definitely take a recovery break in between the two. i am excited to start NWOFL4W and it actually will work better with me doing it later because on the off days i can do my run, bike and swim. i still want to try a triathlon this year. you will love the book not only for yourself but also as a PT. gives some invaluable information. btw- i love tracey-s sweatfest KB!

also- i weighed and logged my measurements. just gotta wait for dh to wake up to take my pics! officially starting tomorrow:7

CHEETAHS- fyi- the YWCA i work for is planning a cruise going to cozumel and grand cayman islands. the cruise is 8/11- 8/16. we are trying to see if we could get it planned so that i could teach a class or two, like beach bootcamp}( . and maybe a couple of runs while we are off the boat. anyway i was thinking this could be a great chance for a cheetah GTG if anyone is interested. i will post the link once i receive it and if you are interested you can sign up via the link. feel free to pm me with any questions. i would love to see you all!! the other benefit is for those of us with children you can bring them as the ship has a kiddie daycamp.

Hi Sunny...thank you! Sounds like a nice night last night. I usually am willing to try new things, but I have a "block" when it comes to sushi. I've only ever tried California roll...I don't, however, have a block when it comes to ice cream. *lol* But I still have yet to get to a Coldstone. There is one not too far from me. Is there anything there that would be "diet-friendly"? Enjoy KPC and FW!

I forgot to mention, I've got some good tri DOMS from the LIC u/b sculpt premix y'day. That one burns 'em up every time.

Cathy: LOL, can't wait to see the outfits!:7

Sunny: See? I KNEW doing the X+ first with me was a better idea!;) LOL at waiting for DH to get up to take pics. I'm doing the same thing! :7 You are doing the Classic rotation correct?

wendy- yes, i am! which one are you doing? i am also planning on adding a couple of 20 min itreads. just can't totally abandon grace:p

Sunny: I am doing Lean+. I always wanted to try the original Lean rotation but something about the way it is set up just bugged me so I couldn't make myself do it. LOL I like the looks of Lean+ alot more so I'm going for it!:)

Cathy** I have no clue who is playing so I can't answer any of your questions! LOL Yeah, we get good genes with the bad no doubt. I didn't get my mothers hips, and trust me thats a good thing!

Sunny** Enjoy your workout!

Wendy** NIce to know your eyes are working properly today:)! I do have SM and I do do it but not that often. I usually just stretch on my own. I use to take yoga classes but it cut into my running time so I gave it up:p So you are starting another rotation? How did you enjoy S&H? Think you can put it away for 12 weeks?

I just put a batch of Cappicino brownies in the oven. I wonder what they will taste like:9 Ive never made them before, but they sound good!

Lori:)

1) How long will it take to sing the national anthem? 1:47
2) Which team will win the coin toss? [font color=brick]Giants[/font]
3) Which team will score first?[font color=brick] Giants[/font]
4) Which team will get the first penalty? [font color=brick]Giants[/font]
5) Which team will fumble first? [font color=brick]Giants[/font]
6) Which team will intercept the ball first? [font color=grey]Pats[/font]
7) Which team will be leading at halftime?[font color=grey] Pats[/font]
8) What song will Tom Petty open with at halftime? no clue
9) Which team will win it all?[font color=grey] Pats[/font]
10) What color liquid will be used to douse the winning
coach? [font color= yellow]yellow[/font]

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..I love the bumper sticker you saw! How true...:). I had a good time at the Potluck and its always nice when the Pastor and a few others tell you it is nice to see you there...:)...I hope the weather permits a nice run for you.

1) How long will it take to sing the national anthem? 1:47
2) Which team will win the coin toss? Giants
3) Which team will score first? Pats
4) Which team will get the first penalty? Giants
5) Which team will fumble first? Giants
6) Which team will intercept the ball first? Giants
7) Which team will be leading at halftime? Giants
8) What song will Tom Petty open with at halftime? "I Won't Back Down"
9) Which team will win it all? Pats
10) What color liquid will be used to douse the winning coach? Orange

Wendi...sorry about the pain. You might check out the Runners World Forums and see if any runners have the same type injury, they do have an injury thread there.

Christine...The potluck was fun and yes, DH is still doing the exercises! WOW..Imax 2 on the bosu sounds so tough!

Lori...Good job ob the 9 miles and MM yesterday. I don't give much of a rats patotie about the game today either, none of my teams made it!! I just love Football so of course I want to see a good game, and the commercials should be good. I think you will have a great time in Vegas!

Wendy...I am sure DH would pick out ugly shoes for me! I did not get any DOMS form LL and I went a bit heavier than Cathe. I could have sent you that Tracey High Intensity Kickbox...:)

Sunny..I hope you and DH had a nice date night.

Shelly...I think my fav yoga is Baron Baptiste.

Lorie..the potluck was based on soups, and WOW, there were some good ones! I have always been a believer of burning about 100 cals a mile running also. I burn quite a lot less calories with any other cardio for the same time frame. How is the hip feeling today?

Linda...I only have Windsor pilates workouts as I like those. But I took a rest day yesterday and did not do anything! My EXT has the arm things...Sounds like a good workout yesterday.

Judy...I am so glad Waldo came back, I figured he would. The potluck was fun!

I took a complete rest day yesterday. Did not have time for any workout. The potluck was fun and I talked to one of the church members about the author of Pain Free, Pete Egoscue. She has been doing his method for about 3 years. She has seen MUCH improvement. She has gone to a few clinics of his that are in Sacramento and the next time she goes, she is going to see if I can go too!! That would be a blast for me.

Today is a 6 mile run. We will be going to my sisters for the Superbowl with a few friends. I hope to see a great game and as usual for me when neither teams is a fav, I pull for the underdog. Go Giants!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.