^^MELTING! On a Terrific Tuesday!^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today was upper split so I did the Chest & Back from Pyramid Upper Body. I wish Cathe would come out with another pyramid style workout! This is one of my favorites. What workouts does everyone have planned for today?

Well I am up another pound!x( . No more sponge candy for me! I put the last 4 pieces in DH's lunch. Now I won;t have that around to tempt me.

BB in a bit,

Deb

Hi, I'm back,

I'm sure I will be posting at the same time as Robin or Shelly..

Wow we were a chatty group yesterday!

Shannon:
Ceiling fans are nice because they can cool you off without all the noise of an air conditioner. We don;t have central air, we have 2 ceiling fans, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen. Yes I will definitely post pics of "the little guy" as DH and I are calling him right now! I was in that pre-sale, the one where Cathe got hurt and had to have surgery.. then they were defective and we had to wait fo the good ones to be sent...That went on forever, then I ended up selling all of those workouts anyway!

Tneah:
Yes..shooting competetion with real guns! I did a sport called that used to be called "Combat Pistol" shooting.. then the name was changed to "Practical Pistol" for political reasons. DH was an avid shooter and I used to go and watch his matches. Finally, I said, you know as long as I am here all the time, I might as well be doing this! So I started competing too. I was never that great but we had a lot of fun. You are such a sweetheart for sending me more serum..I will never pack it again, I swear! I can;t belive you did all of BM2! I also limit my time to 45-50 min. The only one I will do that is over is 4DS Kickbox/Legs.

Leanne:
You are so busy! Just think, "it's almost over":) Sponge candy is a light sponge like candy, covered in chocolate. I can;t believe Cee's doesn't make it! We brought some out to DH's Mom in Saratoga once time and no one there had ever had it. We were surprised. It's so popular here. Thanks for the scone recipe.. maybe walnuts? My MIL has Kaiser, ( they also run the hospitals correct?) but does not like them too much...but the fact that they do body fat testing for $20 is good!

Kara:
You did both a CC eliptical and spin bike?? wow you are one energizer bunny! I love crock pot food, what did you make?

Shelly:
Come on girl.. join us in our chats, it will make you forget that highway that your SO says you are on! We miss you here!

Lainie:
I know why you are always tired...just go back and read your post! My goodness, you are running around like crazy doing MOM things, of course you would be tired! I saw the post asking if Fitness Freak could be a "consultant" for the board.. did not see SNM's answer though.

Jennifer:
Thanks for the info on the converter..we have cable so I guess we will be ok...you are not fat and icky! You are beautiful inside and out. You are your cat's MOM and they need and love you!

Robin:
That book sounds like it was written for the Melting Crowd! Let us know how it is.

Have a great day!

Deb

Hello Melters.

How is everyone?

Last night was a late night with the PC but I slept well. From all the effort, I love digital TV. It comes in clearer plus I get more channels like Create TV.

On the political national front, Obama is supposed to be here in West MI, which is very conservative area, to get support from those not sold on McCain. It'll be on national news cause the arena is very new and very high tech.

As for workouts, it'll be walking for sure. I might go back to Walmart or to Best Buy to get a UBS cable. Walmart was quite helpful last night, I found someone that actually knew about electronics there. My new printer is an HP deskjet D244, very basic.

Have a Sunny Day!! :)

Good morning, everyone!

Deb - that was very smart of you to give the last of the sponge candy to DH. I did a search on it yesterday, and it sounds dangerously delicious. Wow - no AC? Survival in Arkansas without it is not pleasant. The heat can kill down here. Yes, really.

Shelley - Did you make it to work on time??? I hope you turned around on that highway and are feeling bunches better.

Jennifer - you sound a bit more cheery today. I hope you're feeling better, too.

My goodness. It's thundering like mad outside. We're supposed to have more storms through Thursday. For once it would be nice if they would come without tornadoes. Half of the state is literally a disaster area.

I did Step Blast last night all the way through without any protests from my calf. Yay!!! Today I'm doing PUB.

I spent a fortune on gas this morning. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to afford to drive!!! Okay... one good thing: higher gas prices will promote clean eating. No more buying extra treats, no more eating out, just so I can save money for gas!!! Sigh.

There are 2 guys here today replacing our windows, so I don't know if I'm going to get in a workout or not. Right now I'm sitting in the living room (where I think they're done already) but I'm not sure. I've got Ewan watching the Disney channel, which is the only way to keep him out from underfoot of the builders.

If I do work out, it'll be step aerobics (though on my MatStep or 4" at most).

I'm also trying to decide what to do for my next rotation. If anyone has advice, you can see the ideas on the 2nd and 3rd pages of my Curent Rotations.doc, which you can download at http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/FitnessFig/Tools.html

It's either a 3-day split rotation or alternating Pilates/yoga with circuits. I dunno.

Deb, I wish Cathe would do more pyramid workouts, too! Yeah, it makes sense that I'm tired if I'm that busy--but I'm not always so busy. It's just been a bit busier lately. I also think I need more sleep than my husband, and I do get a bit more, but maybe not enough. He can go to bed at midnight, get up at 5 and go work a full day. Yeah, he comes home tired but at least he's able to function well at work. I'd be falling asleep every time I sat down. I usually get around 7 hours but I wake up still really tired. I also wonder about my dreaming--I dream A LOT, which you would think would mean I was getting good deep sleep and better rest, but I wonder if it's actually having the opposite effect somehow. OK, now I'm rambling.

Shelley, calm thyself! Hope you get your workout in later.

Jennifer, glad the converter box thingey worked out well. I guess the weather is better there now?

Shannon, yep, no a/c for us, either, and we're probably a little hotter than Deb is down here. It was weird when we first moved to Europe and didn't have a/c--it was always a given in TX. Then we came here to NY and it's again common not to have a/c. We did o.k. last summer but I think it will be better now that we have windows that open better. Ooh, Step Blast is so fun, maybe I'll do that one today if I get a chance.

OK, hope to BBL. I guess Leanne will be busy today with work. How about you, Tneah? What're you up to? And hello to Kara, too!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Good Morning All!

Glad to see you back Shelley!:)

Deb, wow, you are bad arse lady! That is the coolest thing ever, shooting those pistols. You are like Lara Croft.:) No problemo on the serum, I told DH we should put something on the label about not packing it on planes!

Jennifer, you sound much better this morning, good! Enjoy the hoopla surrounding Obama. Not a fan at all, especially his wife who apparently hates America...don't get me started, this is neither the time nor the place for my ranting about politics. I do not like any of them actually. I am going to vote for George.;-)

Shannon, ouch about the gas prices. DH and I were talking about how lucky we are that we do not have to commute everyday, otherwise we would have to trade our vehicles in for little Honda's or a Prius--which would not be a bad thing since I love the little Prius! Just think though, the economy is going to keep us skinny right?Yay for your calf making it through Step Blast!

Hi to Robin, Lainie, Leanne, Kara!

I have Imax, the original this morning, then need to work my legs tonight, might do Leaner Legs.Have not done a Cathe weight workout for legs in a really long time.I know that sounds like alot, but you guys have to remember since I work from home it is so much easier for me to do double workouts, no kids either so its just easier to make time ya know what I mean? I love the Pyramids too, they go by fast and I focus during those workouts.

We have a business meeting here this morning. Lots of goodies around today.. must resist. I had a glass of wine last night with my spinach salad, I wound up dumping part of it down the drain, it always sounds better than it actually is!:7

Be back later of course to chat!

I bought this online, can send it back if its too horrible. It might look good, or conversely, could look awful!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2918088...resses+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

Lainie, how do you post the actual picture from a web site?

Here is one more, I thought it looked more like summer, and maybe the print will distract from the 'twins" that are my watermelon sized breasts!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2991058...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6014146&P=1

Thank goodness they have a good return policy, because something tells me these are both going back.

Goodmorning melters.

Deb, my DH would love you! He loves guns and shooting, but I could never get interested. He's never done anything competitive. Just playing around with on the target range, which he has gotten away from due to family/work stuff. Right now, all he shoots are sparrows that are trying to get into his bluebird nest boxes.

Jennifer, we have an antenna that is falling apart. I'm not sure if DH plans on getting it replaced any time soon. I refuse to pay for a dish or cable. Ha, I thought I had printer issues the other day. When I moved stuff to clean the carpet, the printer came unplugged from the computer. I plugged it back into the port that looked right, but it wouldn't print. It was turned off. I took me two days to figure it out.

Shannon, yikes! What a year for tornadoes! I'd be a wreak if I lived in tornado alley. What are you paying for gas? Ours went down to $3.59 for a couple days, then up to 3.69 for a couple days. Now it's up to 3.76. I'm so glad I drive a little Buick.

Lainie, will the window guys be there all day? I hate doing a workout when anyone other than family are around.

Tneah, I haven't done any IMAX workouts since my knee surgery. I may have to try one this week. Hope you like the dress.

Leanne, well, I finished Heroines, but didn't really like it much. I thought it would be more fun than it was.

Hi Kara, Shelley, anyone else. What's going on today?

I'm taking a rest day. I have a tooth filling right after work and a meeting at church in the evening. I'm not even sure I'll make it home till after the meeting.

Hey everyone,

I actually have a spare moment here at work, so thought I'd pop in to say hi, although I won't get a chance to do personals.

I had to get up at 4:00 this morning to finish some grading, but it wasn't too bad since my 7:00 class doesn't meet this week since they take their final on Wed. or Thurs.

Hope you all have a great day!

:)

Leanne

Hi...

Just popping in as well.. I only have a couple of minutes before I have to go back to work...

Tneah:

I like the first dress ( the solid color one)...I think the other one would be too revealing for the "girls"..JMO...Also, was this for the reception at night? if so I think the first is more dressy. It all comes down to what they look like when you try them on..

BBL..

Deb

Afternoon girls!

Deb - how utterly cool that you used to shoot! I would love to learn to shoot a gun. In fact, Robin's DH was going to teach me when we went to visit, but turns out hunting season started that weekend, so we couldn't.

Shannon - I made it to work on time. Thanks. Not feeling bunches better, but I'm here, right? I feel your pain with the gas prices.

Lainie - how're those windows looking? I'm never rested either, and I dream like you do, so maybe you're onto something.

Tneah - I love Leaner Legs, for some reason. And I love BOTH those dresses, but I agree that the second one might be too low cut. Good luck resisting those treats!

Robin - I'm LOL at you and your printer story. I hope the tooth filling goes well

Leanne - I'm waving!!!

Hey all,

Just finished Imax the original.Then I tacked on the floorwork from B&G...I am paranoid about my butt and like to torture it whenever I feel inclined.}(

Shelley, I attempted to help over on the OD...I seriously could post 5 million pairs, but that would be rude.:7

Robin, sorry bout that filling deal, believe me, I know how "fun" that is! I have two more trips to the dentist this month.:-(

I have resisted the treats..so far...need to shower and get busy.

Lanie - did you do Step Blast? I sort of like the idea of your circuit/pilates rotation. It seems like it would give you a good sense of accomplishment but give your ankle time to rest in between cardio sessions.

Tneah - I love the cowl neck dress! It's pretty darned classy. I agree with Deb though about the other one. I haven't done Imax 1 in forever - was it fun? I hope the business meeting goes well!

Robin - you sound like me where TV is concerned! I just use "rabbit ears" the few times I actually watch TV, which is usually just to catch the weather. Your gas is higher than ours... I paid 3.63 this morning.

Leanne - glad you popped in!

Shelley - I think everyone feels the pain of gas prices! x(

Hi guys! I have let so much go around the house since last summer that I am a bit overwhelmed. I have started far too many projects and just want to nap and drink my beloved Diet Mountain Dew!!!! Waaaahhhhh! Ok, pity party will cease and on to personals…

Shannon—97 miles, eh? Too bad telecommuting isn’t an option. Maybe in the future? That is great that your calf is doing so well! Isn’t Step Blast fun? Enjoy PUB tonight. I love that one except for the speed. I always have to pause it. The abs are killer!

Jennifer—Made it through Monday, huh? It seems that Obama is switching his campaign strategy to a national level against McCain this week, doesn’t it? I am a political junkie. Sad, but true! Glad your digital came out well! I am sure you are beautiful, not fat and icky. Banish those thoughts!

Tneah—Hi! I made Chicken Salsa last night. I dump frozen chicken breasts, refried beans, and a jar of salsa in the crock-pot and let it cook all day. Then I shred it and serve with corn tortillas. Easy and yummy! I have spaghetti sauce in it right now. I *heart* my crock-pot! Holy cow, woman, Body Max2 in its entirety? Good job! I love the cowl neck dress. That neckline would be very flattering on you and show off your back as well which is sexy in a classy way, IMO. But, what do I know???? Good job resisting those treats. That can’t be easy to do!

Robin—I hope your tooth filling goes well. No funky lab tests to run? Is everyone too healthy right now? Perhaps you are just too efficient! Have fun at church!

Lainie—Enjoy your new windows! I had braces a few years ago. Unfortunately, Emma came to all of my appointments and I let her pick out the rubber band colors. I didn’t realize how awful they looked until we went on vacation and I saw the pics. I was wearing lime green! It looked like I had spinach stuck in my teeth! Good luck with yours!

Deb—Hi! I just did the first challenge of CC#7 on the elliptical and the rest of the workout on the bike. Not TWO CCs. I would die. How cool that you shoot! I used to deer hunt with my dad when I was a teen. I could never shoot the deer (too cute), but liked to gut them. I know, weird. I should have been a surgeon. The sponge candy sounds so yummy! I wish Cathe would do another pyramid workout as well!

Shelley—Nice to see you! Any luck on the shoe front?

Leanne—Are you keeping up alright? Your week sounds crazy! How do you like your new neighbors? The house next door to us just sold so we will have new neighbors as well. I need to get that Fitness issue! How can I forget when half the threads on OD reference it…lol! Obsessed??? No way! Just devoted, that’s all! Hope your day is going well!

Grace kicked my bottom this morning and Mr. Tony Horton fried my Sh & Arms! Fun! So, I must pick one of my many projects and complete it. Something, anything…besides laundry! Have a good afternoon!
Kara

Hello Melters.

Yeah,I'm not a fan of Obama either. It's just MI has been ignored since my governor made a real bad decision to up our primaries, it has messed this state up politically when we need all the help we can get.

My new printer needs a serial port cord cause my tower is about 4 years old and they changed the UBS cables since then.
BUT, my tv is working great!

Not feeling as fat as I was yesterday. I got my days off in June (all of them).

Have a Great Night.

I got my dresses!!!!:7 :7 :7 I went to DVF and tried the ones on I thought might work and guess what? They did! I will try and post the pics later. Here they are!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0262.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0260.jpg

The first one is for the rehearsal dinner, the latter is the wedding. They look horrible like this, but super cute on! Here is what the lavender one looks like, only its on a model obviously, so don't get too excited,cause I do not look like that and I am the one wearing it.;) And it is not really see-through.... http://inside.dvf.com/collection/spring_2008/lookbook/

I have no idea why these pics are sideways, sorry bout that!
Kara, your chicken sounds so yummy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.