^^Melt Away on The Weekend!^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Morning Melters!

Just doing a quick drop in to start the thread...no workout today as I am on my way to work at the Buffalo Kennel Club dog show.. I pre-ordered the STS.. my invoice number is 17,825.. can that mean that over 17 thousand already pre-ordered? I don;t believe that is possible..maybe the invoices started at 17,000 ..?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Deb:)

Good morning Deb and all!!

I pre-ordered STS, too, and my invoice # is 17,792 (I placed my order at 2 AM :p).

My intestinal woes have calmed down but I'm still feeling a little puny so I probably won't do a workout today. I might just take the whole dang weekend off and start back with a vengeance on Monday.

Deb, the dog show sounds like so much fun!

Everyone else -- Have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday.

:)

Morning melters!

Deb - have fun at the dog show!

Michele - you're probably wise to let yourself rest a bit before working out.

Well, today is the fun GTG with my SO's family. Wish me luck. I'm also refinishing a big old dark wood bookshelf/dresser thingie. I took it all apart last night and sanded and washed it down, this morning I'll prime it, then it'll get two coats of paint (I'm having trouble deciding on a colour). I can't wait for it to be done!

Probably won't be back today, at least until much later, because I have way too much to do!

Have a fabuloso day!

Good Morning meltees!

Waking up with my coffee....not going to pre-order just yet....

Shelley, knock 'em dead today.}(

Michele, drink lots of fluids and take care today:)

Deb-I would love to see a dog show!:)

To the rest, have a great weekend! Might be beack later, especially if DH isn't feeling well and we have to cancel our little trip.

Good morning, all!

I think that the pre-order #'s probably are just carrying over from the regular order #'s. I ordered last night as soon as it was posted (I'm such a dork -- I was waiting by my computer, compulsively refreshing the page every 30 seconds!), and I think I was 17718.

I was feeling really down yesterday about that weight gain, but I had to stop by the mall, and so popped into Ann Taylor Loft since I got a gift card for there for Christmas. I didn't end up buying anything, but I tried on some pants, and was happy to see that I've gone down at least two sizes. My clothes have all been really big on me for awhile, but I haven't gone clothes shopping for months. My worry now, though, is that I still think I'm chubby and have some weight to lose. I need to stop obsessing! I may need to stop counting calories since I'm getting too compulsive about it.

What workouts will you all be doing today? This morning will be Clean Max and Laundry Max, followed by 4DS Kickbox. I'm meeting my dad and his wife for a movie this afternoon. My DH gets back from snowboarding tomorrow, and I'm glad. I didn't sleep well at all last night, and miss that guy!

Stephanie -- Happy birthday!!! Is your b-day actually today or are you just celebrating with the DH and mom tonight? It's your b-day, so you need to indulge and not worry about having a lovely dinner, some wine, and a cosmo!

Robin -- Yeah! Step will be back in your life very soon!

Deb -- Have fun at the dog show!

Michele -- Definitely take the day/weekend off if you're still not feeling well! You can't overdo it!

Shelley -- We'll be thinking of you today at that GTG with those dreadful cousins! Knock 'em dead, girl! And let us know how that dresser turns out. Let's also definitely make that pact to avoid the crappy eating!

Tneah -- Thanks for that book recommendation for Monica Brant. I'll have to eventually pick it up, although I'm trying to calm down a bit on my reading. If no one else has claimed that extra book, though, and you really wouldn't mind parting with it, I'd love to have it. That's amazing that your Mrs. Jones sculpture weighs so much! It's just lovely, as are all your paintings. I've never heard of the artists you mentioned, so I'll have to research them a bit. I hope your DH feels better so that wig and those thigh highs get some good use tonight!;-)

TK -- Those projects are just stunning!! I can't believe how gorgeous those jackets are especially. The quilts are beautiful, too. You are just so talented, Miss Jane Legwarmers! I can't believe that that stupid person at Dick's thought that those weight weren't for you. Actually, I can believe it, and that makes me sad! We need more buff girls to prove those guys that we can handle things!

Lainie -- How are you feeling today? Any news about the blood tests? Will you pre-order STS today?

Emily -- How are you doing?

Judy -- How is your eating going?

Leanne, PM me with your address kay? I will send the book, you will love it and stop worrying and obsessing about your weight! A very wise teacher of mine once said "What you put your attention on grows!' Whether its good or obsessive attention,,,it will just get bigger, so take it easy and enjoy yourself and your new body.;)

I just ordered the STS series, the peer pressure got to me, and I think it will be a good thing to keep myself focused, just hope it doesn't get too complicated.:)

Good morning everyone. Whew--had to check--glad it's still morning--having a bit of a lazy day at home today. DH just went over to the library to do some work in peace and quiet and the boys are watching Toy Story. I'm still a bit snotty but not in pain otherwise, so I plan to do a good workout later--just haven't decided what to do yet. Would all of Body Max 2 be too ambitious during recovery? Or maybe I'll do just the first step section and then the upper body & abs. Hmm. I do so love BM2 but I have yet to do the whole shebang. Or maybe I'll jog and then do some upper body work--but don't like what jogging does to my Rice Krispies knees and it's probably muddy after the constant rain yesterday.

Deb, I'd be willing to bet the order numbers didn't start at 000001, because my order confirmation email was at 12:06 am (I stayed up to order early) but my number was 17724.

Michele, I'll give you the advice everyone always gives me (but that I don't always follow): by all means rest if you feel puny. I think especially after intestinal woes you need to rest up and get some energy back and then you can start back next week.

Shelley, good luck at the GTG today--don't be put off by the so-called perfect people as we all know you are a very superior being. Just don't get too high on those priming and painting fumes before you go. :p

Tneah, hope your DH feels better today. You sound like me with the wig and thigh-highs--I don't have a wig but I like to tart it up in thigh-highs & heels for hubby--in our case it's 8 1/2 years but I bring the sexy back pretty often. :* TMI?

Leanne, I was up late for that preorder, too! I love Ann Taylor Loft--wish I had a gift card there. My only gift card this year was to Kohl's, which is o.k. but I have to hunt and peck between old lady clothes and teenage clothes to find what I like there. Oh, no news on the blood tests yet.

TK, congrats on the new weights--love hauling home new weights (hate finding a place to put them, though). Also, loved your sewing projects--and saw the reference to the Houston Intl Quilting Festival--my cousin used to be very involved with the Quilting Fashion Show at that festival. She's a former model and she did some kind of organizational help with that. She probably still does but I don't hear about it now that I live up here.

Stephanie, good luck with the date tonight! Hmm, date--going to have to have another of those one of these days--must discuss with DH.

Hello to everyone who follows!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Morning melters. I'm impatiently waiting for DH to leave so I can start my workout. He said he'd be going out on his errands at 10:00 and here it is almost 11:00 and he's still in his PJs and drinking coffee! On tap this morning is Absolute Kickboxing and 1/2 of Totally Hot Cardio (Christi Taylor). If I had known he was going to be this late I would have done my workout before he got up. Grrrr. Because of this I wish I some place other than the living room to workout. x(

Thanks all for the kind words about my sewing. I know I have additional pictures somewhere, more bags and more quilts. Since my old 'puter died last year, I still haven't gotten everything back to one place. This weekend I'll work on the design for the photo quilt and sew HRM pockets into my newer sport bras.

Deb: Enjoy the dog show. What will you do there? For the presale, I don't think the invoices started at #1. We'll have to quiz Lainie since she ordered shortly after midnight to know for sure. I ordered shortly after 1am and my # was 17788.

Michele: Take care! Hope you feel better.

Shelley: Refinishing furniture is rewarding work, isn't it? I like seeing the transition from old and beat up to new and beautiful. Just wish it was so easy to do that to my physical self! :p

Tneah: Here I am on the east coast enjoying my morning coffee and you are already up enjoying yours. You must be an early riser.

Hello to all who check in later. I'll BBL.

Tneah -- Glad you pre-ordered, too! You know that you'll just love the new series! I also just PM'd you -- hope I did it right!

Lainie -- Hooray for pre-ordering STS! And, yes, I think trying to do all of Body Max 2 when you're feeling sick is a bad idea!!! That workout is a killer, and I can barely do it when I'm feeling 100% fine. I know what you mean about having to shop between the older clothes and the teen clothes. I think that that's the reason why Loft is my favorite store -- b/c it's all appropriate and yet super cute for our age group! I remember over the summer that you had asked Cathe about where she shops, and didn't she say that she shops there, too?

OK -- back to Clean Max! Ug!

Hi melters. I just got home from work. I thought I was going to be helping out for a couple hours, but ended up working over four. Whew, I'm pooped. I'm going to take a brief nap, then do BBC chest and abs. See you all later, I hope.

Okay, I'm back. Just want to say I totally love Absolute Kickboxing. The music was great and she is very motivating. Also, she cues so well that it allows me to concentrate on adding intensity and not worry if I'm going in the right direction. It was also nice to finally use my Firm Sculpting Stick again. I had to wipe the dust off of it first.

Lainie: Those fashions they have at the Houston Int'l Quilt Show are really over the top. I think the clothes aren't intended to be worn as much as they are 'wearable art'. I did see one jacket at the 2006 show that I'd like to copy. That's way down my list of things to do right now!

Leanne: I can't remember, did you try your Christi Taylor's yet? I inserted some Totally Hot Cardio in between my kickbox sections this morning. I'm really starting to love that workout too, even though it's hi/lo. Too fun!

Robin: Enjoy your nap!

Hi again,

I am back from the dog show....a lot of fun. Our ring had 35 dogs judged and about 12 qualified. I love Obedience showing and wish I had a puppy to start over again!

Michele:
Glad to hear your intestinal woes are getting better!:)

Shelley:
Knock em' down! No one will get the better of you!

Tneah:
I hope your trip comes off..

TK:
Beautiful jackets and quilts! At an Obedience trial, dogs are put through certain excercises and are judged by an AKC judge, I was a ring steward ( judges helper). I will probably try Absolute Kickboxing Monday or Wed next week...is the Kickbox/Combat pre-mix an hour? does it include the core workout? The only thing about this DVD that bugs me is that there is no chapters listed so you can pick out what you want to do eg, just the core work... unless I am missing something,

Leanne:
I wonder if there is a way for us to find out which number was the first for the STS pre-orders..

Lainie:
Sounds like you are having a nice lazy Saturday! We all need those one in a while.

Robin:
Enjoy your nap!

Have a great day!

Deb ;-)

>I will probably try
>Absolute Kickboxing Monday or Wed next week...is the
>Kickbox/Combat pre-mix an hour? does it include the core
>workout? The only thing about this DVD that bugs me is that
>there is no chapters listed so you can pick out what you want
>to do eg, just the core work... unless I am missing
>something,

Deb, this is a long workout if you do it all, over 90 minutes. There are three premixes. Absolute Interval Mix: kickbox and combat Intervalled, cool down, core and stretch (94 min); Absolute Kickbox: kickbox combos, core and stretch (68 min); and Absolute Combat: combat combos, core and stretch (60 min).

The whole core workout on it's own is chapter 18 within the main workout title. My DVD remote lets me enter the chapter number and it'll go right to that spot. HTH!

Hey guys *pouts*

WHAAAA! Er, excuse me.My DH is sick, the flu, has a slight fever and the chills that alternate with him being hot, thats the flu right?:-( Poor baby, but I had to cancel our little "tryst" tonight. Sigh. Oh well, another weekend I guess. However I tempted to put the boots on and show him what he missed, but that would be cruel}( actually, he probably wouldn't even notice at this point.;)

Enough of that, and Lainie, when it comes to me, there is no such thing as 'TMI!";) In fact I love TMI!:7 Oh, your pic will arrive safe and sound this coming Thursday-enjoy!

Zzzzzzz.Shhhhh,Robin's sleeping.... :)

TK, I have that workout but never do it for some reason. I have done it once.Glad you enjoyed it! I need to pull it out again.

Deb, oh I want another Newf pup! They look like little bears when they are small, I want more dogs!

I did RStep this am and hated it. gasp. I know, everyone loves this one and I hated it, I hated the HSC too, I did. Wow I feel like such a brat!x( Ok, hate is a strong word. I will use "dislike". There that feels more friendly. HSC was on the rotation yesterday, and I really do not like it, and I am a clumsy stepper, so todays workout was lousy too. But I think if I keep doing it, it will turn out to be fun. I just feel like an elephant doing step for some reason! :D No offense Cathe....your rotation is kicking my booty!

I ate so clean yesterday I wanted to scream. No extras,limited the carbs-had a little fruit and veggies but the rest of my intake was from protein. Boy, it took me right back to the dieting days.Yuk. But my reward was some nice definition this morning-don't you love waking up and discovering instead of being bloated you look sorta lean and mean? Love it. But I love my carbs too....oh dear, why did I have to read Monica's book?
Actually she does advocate good carbs of course, but limiting them to 1/2 cup rice, 4 ounces sweet potatoe--you know the drill.

Okay, I am rambling and need to take "humping George" out for his smell-fest "walk". It takes us 30 minutes to walk one block, he stops and sniffs everything!

Hi,

TK:
Thanks for the info, however, my remote must not have that function because I tried keying in 18 in all spots and it did not take me anywhere x( . Somehow I got the idea that there was a pre-mix that was about an hour, with kickbox and combat intervals with the stick. Oh well, I'll see what it;s like tomorrow!

Tneah:
oh yeah.. I want a new puppy too! Especialy when you see the dogs at the show.. there was a great Newfoundland in our class today that scored a 191 out of 200! He was great.. he had all the spectators smiling when he was showing.:7

BBL

Deb

Tneah, thanks for sending the painting. So sorry your DH has the flu--that sucks.

Deb, I think there's a choice on the Absolute Kickboxing menu that says Bio & Content--and when you click that it shows you the chapters--I don't know if you can choose chapters there, though. I was just thinking about doing that one today so I had the menu up briefly before I decided on Amy Bento instead.

ETA: today my workout was a 30 minute premix of Amy Bento's ASC2 and then Bosu: Long & Lean. I decided to just do what I was in the mood for doing!

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Lainie,

Let me know if you can pick a chapter from that menu... I found it too and it didn;t let me do anything from that one eitherx(

Deb

Hi again, everyone!

Any special plans for this evening? I may read a bit and just relax. I went and finally saw _Atonement_ this afternoon with my dad and it was wonderful. I loved the book and always hate it when the film version of a book is gratuitously changed, but this was very consistent and beautifully filmed.

Deb -- Glad you had fun at the dog show!! I love watching the big ones on TV! Yes, wouldn't it be fun to see what order numbers were first!

Robin --- How was your BBC workout? I bought the DVD's a few months ago, and will finally use them in a short rotation once I finish up my 4DS rotation.

Tneah -- Thanks so much for sending the book! What a terrible bummer that your DH is still so sick and that you have to cancel tonight's plans! But re-scheduling will be fun! Good for you for eating clean yesterday -- but isn't not eating carbs the pits?!

TK -- I *still* haven't tried my Christi T. workouts yet! I will try one in the next couple of weeks, though -- I promise! Thanks for the update on the Absolute KB DVD. I love kickboxing, and may end up getting that one. I don't want to buy a Body Bar, but since I've heard that a broomstick might work . . . .

Lainie -- Are you feeling any better? I'm so glad that you didn't attempt all of BM2 today! What a killer that workout is!

>Let me know if you can pick a chapter from that menu... I
>found it too and it didn;t let me do anything from that one
>eitherx(
Deb, yeah, I went to the Bio & Content page and you can't choose anything--it just lists the order of things. The only way I could go through the chapters was the old fashioned way with the skip ahead button. When I skip ahead it does give chapter numbers, and sure enough the abs were at #18.

Leanne, I read and enjoyed Atonement, too. I probably won't get around to seeing the movie until it's on DVD, though (just because I seldom go to the movies--last time I saw a movie in the theater was Thanksgiving weekend '06).

Evening all...

I'm back from hell. Lemme tell ya, one of the tiny, perfect cousins didn't come, the other one did and really, they're so nice I can't hate them. I did have a bitchfest with one of the other cousins' wives about my SO's sister's house (both of us commented that her walk-in closet is the size of our entire bedroom!). It wasn't the most fun time or really the way I want to spend my hard-earned days off, but at least it's done. And hardly anyone touched my beautiful spinach and grilled portobello mushroom lasagna, so I have lots leftover. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I didn't eat very well either, because it was mostly apps, and we all know what those are generally like. Not even a veggie tray!

Okay, enough whining!

Tneah - sorry that your evening got kinda ruined!

Lainie - I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. I think BM2 would be a bit ambitious for recovery.

Leanne - how awesome that you're down two sizes!! Please don't obsess over those numbers!

Deb - the dog show sounds like so much fun!

Robin - did you get your workout done? Just think of all the extra money for the OT!

My bookshelf is turning out well. I picked a Benjamin Moore historical colour to paint it. Kind of a greenish-grey. It's called something or other tan:p Isn't that helpful?

Okay, I'm going to shut up now. I'll be back tomorrow to see what all you ladies are up to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.