^^CLEAN.TIDY.WEEKEND^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

It's the weekend! YAY!

Annabel's alarm only went off once last night at 10:30! So great! I am so glad she is making progress after only a week.

This morning was step moves and abs from leaner legs. I really really really like step moves. I think it's super amounts of fun and I love all the combos. Am I the only one not complaining about the choreography?

Gotta eat some bfast and then go to the grocery store.

BBL.

Clintoya - Yes the never ending day. I like the boxing wo also.

Angie - You make me want to try Step Moves. I haven't opened that one up yet.

Working late night tonight. DH leaves for a one day trip so will be solo for the most part. Basketball game then back home. No wo today. Out and about. Eats were terrible also, but the weekend is here and back to the clean eating and workouts. I will not let it drag on. Okay, catch you in a few hours ladies!

Lisa

i agree - yay wkend!

a, i love sm! down w/ the whiners!

l, clean eats & wo's ahead!

-
nursing a wiggler ... bbl

morning angie, good night lisa!

angie, date sounded fun yday. i have not tried sm yet. i have zero complaints about this series. it is great.

lisa, hope your solo day goes well. my dh got in 2 hrsa early last night and the boys were thrilled to see him just before bed:D

it is still quiet in my house but my wo is done - 5 mile run and insanity cpr. today is clean max before dh goes to work, then playtime with ym boys. i am bloated today depite good eating yday - i think it was the parmesan cheese (only a little) on my brocolli last night. i am hitting the clean and VERY tidy eating hard today. bbiab

DOMS sister is checking in.

Lisa what w/o will you do this weekend?

Angie great idea for a cardio w/o. I was supposed to do kbells today but my bi and tri is crying so much. Step Moves it will be.

Kate hold on to her. She is so cute.

Nina I'm with ya with the clean and tidy. bloated it may be the broccoli. :eek:

b-veggie egg whites
l-left over tacos. My ds want me to make him a spaghetti taco :rolleyes:
s-pb and apple
d-chicken and veggies

Happy Weekend!

Last night was nice at my grandma's-ate a bit much, resisted the Klondike bars and Snickers ice cram bars only to have 4 chocolate hearts when I got home:eek: I saw something someone wrote in a magazine about making a committment to yourself-you don't break committments to family and friends, why do we do it to ourselves? Gotta work on that! Today is cardio-I'm going to do Athletic Step and tomorrow I think I may try Circuit Blast. We have a birthday party tonight-we me luck!

Angie, glad you got some rest! I haven't tried Step Moves yet. I've never done the step cardio from 4Ds-too complex for me. I think Danica could pick it up in a second-maybe I should get her to try one!;)

Lisa, I'll be pretty much solo all weekend-Darrin's up north with his mom right now dropping off supplies and tomorrow he'll be up there all day working on the new cottage. Committ to yourself and your wellbeing and eat clean!

Morning Kate!

Nina, great workout! If parmesan cheese bloats you I am in huge trouble-I love the stuff:eek:

Need coffee...

Klaudia about the committment I think women are nurturers and we put others before ourselves. I even catch myself judging women who put their own needs ahead of their children...and then I think maybe this is the only thing she does for herself.

Ladies do you remember the w/o tv show Body Electric. This was the first time I saw a woman working out with weights and then I was hooked.
The host was Margaret Richards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyuG_JtwHfg

Last edited:
Angie, I agree, yea for the weekend! I like step moves also, found it really fun esp. the 2nd time around. I actually am better at that than athletic step :)

Lisa, hope the busy day goes well for you. Yes, just take today to start anew!

Kate, enjoy your nursing time :)

Klaudia, at least you resisted the Klondike bars and snickers bars – the choc. hearts aren’t that bad :) I agree that we all should try to keep our commitments to ourselves. It is so hard, I was just thinking this morning how everything has gotten to be sched around when someone needs to be somewhere, which really doesn’t seem to be the right way :)

Nina, good job on getting your wo done. Glad your dh got home early!

Robin, yes, I remember that well:) Those were the first workouts I did when I was trying to get back into shape. I would be watching pbs w/my dd and see the show come on and finally started doing them.

Back from 1st dance dropoff and the store. Eating some cashews and milk. Will bbl.

Clintonya

Hey Girls!
StepMoves & abs done. House is picked up, lunch soon, then we're going for haircuts for the big girls and then bowling. So excited!

Nina, Enjoy your bys today!

Robin, I've never heard of that - will check it out in a bit

Klaudia, Enjoy your weekend! And CB too! That one was fun - I need to do it again. Maybe tomorrow w/ Laura....BUt 30/30 is calling me too! So many worouts, so little time!

Clintonya, Cashews are my fave but I have NO portion control on them. I have to FORCE myself to weigh them out.:p
Busy Saturday for you?
Keep those eats in check! Choose your indulgences and forget abt the rest!:)

Hey all,

Busy day here. Went to the grocery store (the best one is 30 min away so it's always a 1/2 day excursion) and then I spent the afternoon studying and researching (fave past-time) our next vacation.

Ryan requested an egg and sausage casserole so now it's in the oven and that's what we're having for dinner. Otherwise, eats have been clean and tidy.

Lisa, busy days for you as usual. Get those eats in order and what did you end up deciding about P90X? I agree, I got bored with it very easily.

Kate, we matched on our WO today. What abs did you do? Have fun bowling. I can't wait to move back to the states to do those kinds of things with our girls.

Nina, I agree - I have no complaints about SC! I'm really enjoying it. Great workout today! Enjoy play time with your boys!

Robin, I'm totally with you on the DOMS. My legs are killing me today. I don't recognize that WO!

Clintoya, I agree, SM was even better the second time! I love it! I also LOVE cashews and pistachios! Yummy!

Klaudia, no sweat last night but I know it's frustrating. Like it takes so much effort to avoid when you're out that by the time you get home, you've lost all resolve. Sorry about Danica y'day. What a bummer! I'd be so upset if someone did that to my girls!

OK, tomorrow is rest day (fitting on my bday)! Ryan's making eggs benedict for bfast and spag and meatballs for dinner and an angel food cake. Love my husband... lots of good eats! Monday's WO will have to be extra good!

hey ladies! writing this from the lib, we are on the run. errands and whatnot, packing for disney. daddy is sleeping and i thought we would give him some quiet in the house... bbl!

Good Saturday Morning ladies!

Yesterday was my day off from work and I am now writing from one of the work stations at the hospital. Blah. I'm here until tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Yesterday I did STS disc #9 and a 2 mile outdoor run with my little Z bear. I had her all bundled up (it was like 45 degrees) and she held a mini elmo doll the whole time. It was super cute. I also did about 10 minutes of yoga core from Shiva Rae.

Today I did MMA: Fusion and I have so far ran up like 14 flights of stairs trying to get to 2 code blues. Who knows how many more flights of stairs I'll get in today. But let me tell you, I have to kick butt to get to the codes, so it has to be at least 9 METS!

Yesterday was Brian's birthday and Zoey gave him a great birthday present: she took her first steps! It was awesome. I had made homemade vanilla ice cream and while transferring it to a container, I held out a spoonful for Zoey. She took 3 steps to it without holding on to anything. Then she walked a couple more times. Both Brian and I got to see it! (and my brother).

I'll be back later for personals (unless things go even crazier around here)

Becky

Hi Girls !!!

Late check-in for me . This morning was Costco & Sam's shopping !! Got LOADS of stuff ! Groceries, pillows , and the new book from Jorge Cruise about Belly Fat ! Can't wait to read it . I hope he has some good ideas in there. (shhhh it's for DH but I say it's for us! ;)heehee)

Angie I *heart* SM and I love AS too. But Clintonya- I felt there was a learning curve to AS too !!!! But LOVE them both !!! So much fun !
I also love spaghetti & meatballs ! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:p

Had greek yogurt and a nonfat mocha (from Tazza Mia-yum) for breakfast
just finished a veggie burger and piled spinach on it......and some baked chips.
Not sure about dinner yet, but will try to be good !;)

Supposed to do MMA fusion today- Do you like it ??? I haven't done that one yet.
With all the talk about SM & AS I'm tempted to do one of those instead !!!!
Either way, I'll fit SOMETHING in !!!

Have a great weekend !

Becky

Kate, yes, busy day, dress rehearsal for youngest dd. Sewing costumes, and oh by the way, I can’t sew :)

Angie, your b-day menu sounds great! And we share a love for the vacation planning. I am trying to plan 2 right now!

Wendy, hope you’re having fun at the library :)

Becky, that is wonderful about the 1st steps, and I am so glad you both got to see them! I hope your time goes by quickly at the hospital.

Becky, have fun with your wo, whichever you decide. I do like fusion, but some of the moves are kind of challenging for me! I think it is because of having a weak core, have a hard time getting up off the floor that fast :)

Workout will be very late this evening, so got to keep up my motivation!!

Clintonya

hey everyone. clean max done. awesome time at the playground too. naptime/quiet time, then to another playground with a friend of finn's. phew! i know i do not need to wo any more, but i thinki am going to go do some more core and some floor work. just because:p

becky, mma fusion is pretty good. it is the least intense, but it is fun and different.

beckymd, glad you had a good day off. hope you get some rest.

klaudia, ahhh, those darn choc hearts. they are calling to me. enjoy your wo. i will be interested in what you think of cb.

hi robin - i too find myself judging others, and probably not fairly. good new years resolution...

wendy, is dh still healthy?

kate, enjoy your day. great wo.

clintonya, is all the dance stuff done?

angie, what sort of vacation are you looking for? with or without kids?

alright, off to do some work. bbl

Klaudia - I like what you read in the magazine. I think it's something we really need to fight to do and it's super important.

Robin - I don't remember that but I used to do Bodies in Motion by Gilad. I agree with your observation on women. So true. We do tend to put ourselves last 99.9% of the time and it's easy for us to judge other women who don't.

Kate - Bowling sounds like fun! Enjoy yourselves!

Nina - What a nice surprise to have dh home early. Kudos to you for going solo a lot and still finding your wo time. I am inspired!

Angie - How awesome that your dh has everything planned out mealwise on your bday! I would love that. Vacation research sounds like good research to me.

Wendy - Are you heading to Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Becky - Hope work is nice to you this weekend. Hang in there!

Clintoya - I am looking at a late day wo also, but we will do it!

Off to make bfast for the kiddos after I nurse P. I will be eating Kashi cereal and the kids will have eggs, bacon, and waffles. I am super determined to eat clean all weekend. Lunch might be out because of ds' basketball game, but I am planning on getting a salad from this salad place to keep me motivated. No sweets. I don't need them. I didn't work this hard to get to my ideal weight just to sabotage it in a snap of a finger, right???? We had a blast last night just hanging out at the mall. My 7yo dd got her ears pierced. DH had a weak moment because he's so against it, but finally caved. She's been wanting them for years. I felt for her because I wanted pierced ears since I was 6 and didn't get them until 12. Perfect timing also because her bday is coming up in March and now she can get some cute earrings! Okay, anyway, you ladies have a great Saturday!!!

Lisa

Nina - Wow, another workout! I haven't gotten to one yet!!

My workout today will probably be a walk on our hills with P in the stroller then home to do some core. Haven't done that in awhile. Should be nice and P is much heavier from back then so we'll see what happens!

Lisa

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe how late it is. I did ASC3 this morning but only the first 3 combos. The leg workout yesterday got me and I was exhausted. I also had a busy day ahead and did not want to be tired all day. Tomorrow will definitely be a rest day because I feel like I really need it. Did errands, spent too much $ shopping for some spring clothes and now it is time to pay bills. Eats have been clean so far today and I am determined to keep it clean for dinner.

Robin, funny video. I never saw that show but did see many like it.
Angie, I like the choreo for SM but I just wish it was more intense. I am not complaining but it's just me.
Klaudia, I agree that it is hard for moms to make a commitment to themselves but it is so important.
Kate, nice afternoon planned. Have fun!
Mdbecky, I have started taking the stairs more at work since I am sitting more in this job than my previous job. It really helps to get a little extra burst in during the day.
Becky, I can't wait to hear about the Jorge Cruise book. You belong to both Sam's and Costco - you are crazy. My wallet can only handle one.
Clintonya, I don't enjoy late workouts but I understand that sometimes it is the only time you have. I hope you survive.
Nina, I wish I had the time to do extra workouts. Have fun at the playground!
Lisa, a walk sounds so nice. I can't wait for spring - I am tired of this cold weather.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.