^^^Watercoolers - Thrilling Thursday^^^

Netta

Cathlete
Hi all,
Today was most of The Viper. It definitely goes over 60 minutes, but I got all the body parts in, leaving out pushups and some lunges and a couple of the cardio combos. Fun workout though.

Tonite is birthday party for brother. If I was an ant instead of a grasshopper, I'd be vacuuming right now, actually last night, but I'm not so it will be the mad dash vacuum, dusting and mopping before everyone gets here. Oh well, guess that's my comfort zone.

BBL,

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was MTV Power Yoga. I really like Kristin McGee. ;-) Tonight I have to go to church, and do some grocery shopping for a sleepover that my DD's are having on Friday.

Jeanette, Thanks for starting us off today. LOL about the quick dusting/cleaning that you will do before the party. My DD's actually got the things done on their list yesterday. No unhappy Mom last night. Good thing too, because I was very tired. Don't know why, maybe Tony has been working me to hard. :D LOL on how your kids did the chores. I called around 1pm yesterday, and the oldest DD had already mowed the lawn. I was shocked! What has gotten into her. Youngest had even cleaned up her room. Guess they want to live in a clean house too. I can't believe that you have not gotten your pay upgrade yet. Yep go file a grievence, otherwise the situation will not change.

Debra, My faire dress hasn't even been cut out yet. x( I'm thinking that I'm not going to get a dress until next year. :D Doesn't bother me to much, because I love my old dress. Just have to do some minor repairs on it before it can be seen in public again. Oh that means that I need to work on it tonight, because I have to be at a gig tomorrow after work. Another thing to add to the list of things to do. :D Yep we start the first weekend in July, not to far away. It is nice to sleep in your own bed isn't it. I always sleep so much better. WTG on getting the pantry and fridge cleaned out. That is one thing I didn't do on Monday. But mine sure needs it. So no you are not a SLUG!!!

Patricia, Have a great time at the race. The first race I went to was so much fun. Glad to hear the little guy is going to be ok.

Wendy, It it so great that your DD's like to read. Bet they have read more books that I have. :D I didn't like to read until I was in HS. On Cathe's new site you can have a blog, and post pics. You can restrict who views the pics. At least that is what I thought I read. Could be wrong though. Hope you get all the evaluation information composed fast and creative. :7

Have a great day everyone,

Laurie

OMW!!! Has everyone jumped ship!!!:eek:

Forced myself to workout LATE last night. Didn't want to do it!!! However, I'm going to try out Jillian's calorie advice: (BMR * 1.2) + calories burned from a workout - 500 calories to lose weight. It averages out to be around 1300 calories a day.

I got the first round of Plyo done and skipped the cool down since I did yoga too. Tried doing Eddie Would Flow, but was too darned tired!!! So, halfway through playing with Eddie, :+ I did my own flow. Wrapped up sometime after 1 in the morning!:eek: So, I washed up and went straight to bed.

Of course, I woke up late this AM. It was a mad dash to art lessons. Went to the bank and post office. This is the first moment I've had to sit down all day. Gotta make it quick since I still have more creative writing to do.:+

I haven't decided which circuit I'll do tonight. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of a premix from either KPC/LG or BC/ME.

Debra: Goodness, I hope your legs heal up. How about doing yoga only till the workshop? Keep yourself off the injury list till after the Toronto trip!!! Oh, I must have missed Jeanette's comment about fondling Phil on Monday. Must go back and see. Sorry, Deb-Ho-rah:eek: popped into my mind when I read your comment.}:)+ I thought that in a Good Way!!!!:7 :+ :+ :+ Really, I thought it was witty and funny at the time. But, typing it doesn't sound as funny!!!!x( On second thought, too bad Phil and CBL couldn't hang in T.O. They would make a cute couple!!!:p :+ ;)

Jeanette: What's on tap again today. I must go back and look see. My memory sucks on 1300 calories a day!!!:7 But! I do remember that you're making a deliciously sounding coconut concoction! You must email me the recipe for that frosting!!! I love coconut!!! Have fun at the party!!! That totally sucks about the pay raise not taking effect yet! Man, that's not good... even for government work!!!

Laurie: How's the clean house coming along? Oh! A sleep-over. Will you be making the teens tidy up after themselves?:D :+ You should have seen dd pouting because I wouldn't take her to the library today!!! Hey, if we stopped at the library, there'd be no way I'd be able to chat with you guys today!!! Come on!!! Priorities!!!:7 :+ ;) Sort of reminded me of my gf's dd begging her mom to buy fresh asparagus out of season. A stranger butted into the conversation and scolded, "Mom! The child is asking to eat asparagus!!! Buy it!!!" :7 :7 :7

Okay, gotta get back to the books. I see another hand cramp in my near future!!!x(

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

I think I hear an echo in here.

Will take a very quick nap and then got to rush around and clean house before family comes for birthday party.

Wendy, I'll get that recipe for you tonite after everyone leaves.

Laurie, I roughed out the grievance today and called my rep. She said SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many upset people out there because of Personnel. She didn't sound hopeful that it would make anything go faster. My union dues are $60 some a month! WTH am I paying for???

I'll be back later to chat more with you gals. What are we, the three stooges today?

Jeanette

Hi ladies,
Everyone's gone now, except my brother and my nephew are still out in the garage visiting with DH. It was nice having everyone together. Both desserts got lots of compliments.

Wendy, here is the frosting for the Lazy Daisy Oatmeal Cake

Topping:
1 C. coconut
1/3 C. butter or margarine
1/2 C. chopped nuts
1 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients for topping in saucepan over low heat just to melt butter. When cake is done, leave in pan to cool. When cool enough to spread without crumbling, spread topping on cake and place under broiler until golden brown and bubbly.

This is one moist cake and well loved by my whole family.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your yoga today. I really dislike having to grocery shop. Usually I just want to drive straight home from work, but oh well. Yes, I was thinking of you guys while I was running around vacuuming, dusting, mopping. I was thinking that Laurie wouldn't do it like this. You are much more organized than I am. LOL about the SLUG! I just got it :7 My sister and I were talking about the Shakespearean Festival in Ashland, Oregon. I was thinking about you and your guilde and how beautiful the outfits are.

Wendy, see above for the frosting recipe. It's really tasty! I was thinking about a KPC/L&G circuit. Is it a circuit or all cardio and then leg weights? Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I have my organized bike ride on Saturday so don't want to have fatigued legs. I don't think any of my friends are riding in it so I'll have to ride it by myself. I'm okay with that, plus I chat it up with people along the way. Yep, I started working on my grievance form. Should finalize it tomorrow. Our Personnel office has serious problems and I can't understand why management hasn't stepped in to get it under control. LOL about you being "Mo". It took me a little while before I got it. Laurie's hair is curlier than mine so she's "Curly", I'm "Larry" and you are "Mo".

Okay, must get to doing my night reading on here. See y'all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.