^^^Let's Go^^^Memorial Monday^^^

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was LIC upper body and CTX kickbox. This was a fun workout. I also did 3 chins and 4 neg. pullups. I am really working on my form with the chins so I am dropping my number to get the form right. My brother said I didn't go down far enough with my chins when I was at his house.

Whats on tap for you all today? My dh works till one, so we will go to the pool for a while this afternoon, and ds8 has baseball practice this evening.

Gin~ How was B&G today? that premix looks the easiest;-) Yesterday for squats and lunges, I only went up 5# over what cathe used. I am keeping my weights med/light for weight work since we are doing some sort of leg work everyday.

Marcy~ I love PP too! It is perfect to use "as is" for getting back into the swing of things. Your eating looks like you are back on track too! WTG with the chins and pulls!

meals
preworkout: 2 hard boiled egg whites
b: protein pancakes and orange
s:??? maybe almonds and apricots????
l: bean burger and spinach salad
s:ww shake (or pear and 2 cheese sticks if I'm at the pool)
d: swordfish and steamed broccli

I have been reading alot about cutting out or reducing cardio when lifting heavy, so I revised the rotation for next month. I asked Debbie (fitness freak) what she thought, I am waiting for her answer. I will post it soon. Tell me what you guys think? I'm wondering if its too little cardio...???

Have a great day
Deanie

Okay, here is the rotation. the pyramid chins/pullups/pushups is a program my brother uses. It is actually:
1 chin/1 pull/5 pushups/5 crunches
2 chins/ 2 pulls/10 pushups/10 crunches, etc. I just revised it for me, since I am already doing pushups and abs in my "scheduled" workout.

What do you guys think? to little cardio? When I do this, I plan to lift as heavy as I can. A lot of weight lifting progams are recommending 20 min. HIIT as the only cardio you do and only 2-3X a week, so.....

Weeks 1-3 (4DS)

Mon: Chest & Back/ **pyramid chins/pulls/ pushups/ LIS abs

Tue: HIS or LIS cardio only

Wed: Bi& Tri / shoulders

Thurs: HIIT/KB abs/ stretch of choice

Fri: Legs only premix/segment 3 of stretch Max

Sat: Kickbox or Boot Camp cardio/ B&G stability ball abs

Sun: OFF

Week 4

Mon: PUB- abs first

Tues: Cardio Kicks

Wed: PLB/ PUB abs

Thurs: HIIT/ B&G stretch

Fri: Power Hour

Sat: Drill Max cardio only

Sun: OFF

** Pyramid- can add as you get stronger
1 chin up/1 pull up/5 pushups
2 chin ups/2 pull ups/ 5 pushups
3 chin ups/3 pull ups/ 5 pushups
4 chin ups/4 pull ups/ 5 pushups
3 chin ups/3 pull ups/ 5 pushups
2 chin ups/2 pull ups/ 5 pushups

Deanie

eta: For the pyramid chin/pulls you can start with 1 or 2 and work your way up to 4 or more. that is what I plan to do, I may not start at 4, especially after doing chest and back.

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today I ran and then did B&G #4. You are right, Deanie. It is the easiest of the B&G premixes. I used to do it when my knee was injured because it is all on the floor and no impact. It is 59 min., not 49 like the catalog says.

Meals so far today:
B-1 egg, 1 egg white, orange, WW toast, WW yogurt
S-1 1/2T almonds, 1 c. strawberries
L-chicken salad (lf mayo)in a pita pocket, carrots, cot. ch doubles

Deanie--I printed your rotation. Looks good. I am ready to do all 4ds and less cardio to see what might happen. You know I will still run, though. Wish that I had a place to do chinups and pullups.:-( Then will probably want to add more cardio in July to get ready for the RT!}(

Marcy--What are your plans today?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

ETA: I read this somewhere on the boards and I need to remember it!!
"You can't out lift, out run or out spin a bad diet. It's 80% what you eat or don't eat and 20% how you work out." SO TRUE!!

My favorite quote on the boards is....
You can excersise till the cows come home, but if you don't watch what you eat, your just a cow coming home!!:+ :7 :+
I think thats so funny and TRUE!!!

Deanie

Hi Again!

The ebay seller just contacted me that she located another Terminator dvd from a friend and is sending it to me tomorrow. Yeah! I have heard others say that she is a reputable seller.

rest of today meals:
S--1/2 ww English muffin w/ 1T. nat'l pb
D--ground turkey patty, steamed veggies, small sweet potato
S-ff choc. pudding with 1 T. pb:9

I am trying to stay around 1400-1600 calories. Have had 6 cups of water so far....which is good for me!:)

Deanie--I have seen that quote also. I don't want to be that cow coming home!:)

Hi Marcy!

Gin:)

Gin~ I don't think that's enough calories in a day for you. the book NROL4W said 2400 calories a day. Good job with the water intake! And yea! to getting the Terminator dvd}( }(

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.