^^^C&T^manic^monday^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Sorry I wasn't around much over the weekend. We ran a lot of errands and such and I did a TON of studying. I'm starting to feel a little better and my exam is tomorrow morning so today will mostly be spent studying. I am going to take a recovery week before I start my "meso 2" weight work. I have a few stretch videos and yoga and I might do some of the insanity recovery work as well. Depending on how I feel I might do some light cardio and will also I will do my c25k runs this week.

My weight is creeping up and so I'm starting to track cals again on my iphone with that lose it app. Hopefully that will keep me in line. I'm not in the mood for my weight to get out of control and I have another cruise in 167 days. :)

Back to studying... bbl.

Morning.

Kate oreo cookie cake sounds so yummy.

Angie you know what you need to do to keep it on track. Now that you have our studies it's harder to follow cals.

Yesterday we ended up over my sis-n-law house. We talked about everything including Easter dinner. She gave me a book to read called The Shack, so I'll start that today. Eats were clean, except for cookies, cake, candies but that's all gone. Left most of it at sis house. :p

The kids have a make up snow day today so I will do a double w/o
Step moves, 4ds legs.

Morning ladies! I also apologize for being MIA over the weekend - no steady internet connection, etc. Chris and I had a great time on our getaway, did a lot of shopping, saw the movie "Valentine's Day" (very cute). I slept in until almost 7 am each morning (probably because I was sick/taking nighttime meds) which was weird!

Thankfully I have today off of work too (President's Day). I really need/want to workout but my stomach is really upset this morning and my head is still filled with junk. Hopefully after a mucinex and a few hours of blowing my nose I will be able to wo!

Morning Robin! The Shack is one of the best books I've ever read. You'll love it. Enjoy your day and your double workout!

Katie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well still. That's no fun. I hope you can enjoy your day off and get a wo in. Hope your weekend was nice.

Just finished lunch and I'm going to put Ellie down for a nap soon because she's just a nightmare lately and is barely lasting past 6. She also tends to have nightmare type episodes if she goes to bed too late or is overtired. So, I think a nap will help cure that.

Afternoon will be more studying, some stretching I think, and playing/reading with Annabel.

BBL.

Katie I hope you feel better soon. Which pocket book did you buy?

Angie I think all people need a nap.

Morning!

My girls have today off school (yay!)...not sure what we're up to yet

Weights & cardio & stretching on schedule

Last night I met Laura up at Snap and we had an AWESOME WO on the bikes! I've never done that before and didn't expect to get such a good sweat goin! Also did some weight machines. LOOOOOOVE the pullup machine! May need to buy one!;):p

Dr Becky, SCARY on Z's temp! Isabel had a febrile seizure a few yrs ago and it still haunts me. Sorry you didn't get to do your dinner!!!

Angie, Hope the lose it app goes well for you! I'm thinking of tracking cals but I dread it. Pretty much everythign I eat it homemade so Id have to log in whole recpes and figure out servings/measure, etc...

Katie, Enjoy your day off and hope you get feelin gbetter!

Robin, Have fun doublin' up!

Ellie down for a nap (hopefully). Another game of Monopoly Jr with Annabel (I always lose) and we read her chapter in her HOP book.

Morning Kate! YAY for a day off school for the girls. Hope you guys find something fun to do. Tracking calories is just a way to keep myself accountable. I really know what I can eat and what I can't... I just tend to lose sight of that so this is a way to be more strict with myself. I'll probably just do it for a week or two until I get back into a rhythm.

Study time!!!

katie, glad you had a great weekend! at least youve got one more day to try to shake off whatever illness you ve got going. did you really get everything BUT coach?

robin, ikwym about discussing easter already. somehow i didnt realize were sched to leave for CA during passover =( theres no changing that now, at least not by us.

angie, hope ellie went down ok. i agree that even older kids need a nap sometimes and they go through phases with it, just like the little ones. rock those workouts!

drbecky, how is zoe today? so sorry she wasnt well and you missed your date night. you askedabout my veggies... roasted red pep, zucc and eggplant. guess you could say this is my usual plus butternut squash. i do a whole bunch and then make salads, paninis and pizzas all week!

kate, that cake sounds FAB! post pics! did you get that cardio in last night?

nina, sounds like you had a busy weekend with the kiddos and great workouts!

becky, you had not a ONE cupcake?!?! you are amazing!

morning anne, colleen, clintonya! hope v-day was great! hope i have not missed anyone.

i am going to step class today. If it doesn't feel like I can keep up with my arms at my sides then I will just sneak out and do intervals on the bike, but hopefully not. I also need to schedule my driving lessons, Im really procrastinating and I only have 6 weeks now to be comfortable and PASS THE ROAD TEST. thats not much time. even with my elbow pain i think i can take an ibuprofen and be ok enough to drive. just worried about my reflexes if im protecting my elbow, ya know? but i also feel like i am just putting this off because im scared.

it really is countdown to leaving at this point, so much to do. top of the list for me is the driving and also getting back to the dentist to finish with my cavities and the second cracked tooth in the back =( my appt got canceled last week cuz the dentist was sick and I so dont wanna deal with tooth issues away from home.

b - oatmeal, apple, pecans
l - roast veg and goat chs panini
d - we shall see

kate, enjoy the day with the gals! ods is home all week (its feb vaca around here). hehas all kinds of big plans... rolly eyes here... that probably involve his friends coming over constantly and eating all our food !! i am with you on the cal counting. its seriously hard when we cook everything from scratch all the time. and for me its all about PC... i know this... must resist...

whatcha cookin today?

good morning ladies. i am so absent when dh is home - hard to find time for everything.

robin, i think that is great to figure out the holidays ahead of time so it does not creep up and bite;) good job leaving the treats behind.

angie, enjoy your rest week. i am tracking cals too, but i really just estimate. again, to try to be accountable. what i do not know is how many i need.

kate, great wo last night. what is snap?

wendy, do you own your house and are you buying in ca (gulp)? moving really is no fun. you have a great attitude.

hi katie. hope the meds help.

wo was 5 mile run and 40/20 and 30/30:eek: this week i am really going to try to focus on running and not other cardio, but.... will start tomorrow. loved meso 1 disc 1 yday. i love how fast it is. off to yoga with kiddos, lots of playing today. bbiab

I love breakfast!:D eggs, a little bacon, red peppers...mmmmmm

Angie, Sounds like a nice day! Don't you love being a mommY?!

Wendy, LOL@ ods plans! I'm sure we'll be there in no time! WAH! Why can't they jsut FREEZE?!?!
I hope step class goes good for you!
You will do GREAT on your road test!! I know it!
Cookin'? Not sure yet! I think some roasted sweet potatoes and some chili. My freezer stock of leftovers is running low. I need to order a cow to so I have more beef at home instead of the antibiotic-laden Meijer stuff. I went to a specialty store this wkend and spent a fortune on their organic chicken and beef.:eek::eek:
Your breakfast sounds soooo good! Dessert baby!

Nina, Snap is a 24-hr fitness place where they have a bunch of machines. Laura pays a monthly membership thing...well, our parents do!:p
Great WOs! Your cardio stamina is amazing! My legs couldnt take all that!

-
I am hoping my butt continues to get sorer (?!) from the bike last ngiht. Between the rowdy KB on Saturday night and the pullups last night my lats and upper back are BURNING a fiery furnace!:D:D i loooooove it!

off to bathe Julia - she gave herself a greek yogurt shampooing at breakfast! LOL!

Hey Wendy, sorry your elbow keeps getting in the way of your life. What date do you leave for CA? Funny about DS and all his plans!

Nina, I am the same way about my cals. Not really sure what I need. I just know that I was eating 1500 during Insanity and didn't lose weight until I dropped to 1200. 1500 might be my maintenance or something... not sure. Maybe I was just eating the wrong things. Ugh, all so complicated. Glad you're enjoying STS!

Kate, LOL on J and her yogurt bath. I can't wait to move back to the states and be able to buy organic cows and such and just have a freezer full of good meat in the garage. It's the little things... and yes, I do love being a mommy!

Time for pm snack... don't know what to have?

Angie, banana and peanut butter for PM snack.

Kate, what specialty store did you go to? Merindorf's? I love that place.

Nina, how were the push ups in disc 1? ;) You probably loved them, didn't you?

Wendy, is your move to CA permanent? I guess I missed that along the way, sorry. Oh, and about driving--just remember it's like everything else. It's hard and scary at first, but the more you do it the better you get at it. Don't forget to breathe.

Katie, can you take a rest day? It sounds like you're pretty sick, I hope you feel better soon.

Robin, nice visit with SIL. What's on tap for you today?

Clintonya, how was the dance competition over the weekend?

Colleen, what did you do for your birthday?

drBecky, sorry about Z's temp! That sounds so scary. Is she doing better today?

Klaudia, what did you get up to over the weekend?

Did I miss anyone?

I stayed up too late watching the Olympics last night, so didn't get up in time to work out. That's okay, tho, since I'm doing HiiT Pyramid today and that's only 30 mins. I'll have time to get that in before tap tonight. Does anyone else think the ab work is a little light on this rotation (I'm doing the 3 month STS and Shock Cardio one)? It seems like it to me, but I guess Cathe knows better than I do, doesn't she? LOL

bbiab

anne

Happy Monday!

Sorry about my lax checking-in this weekend. Just busy with the girls . I did workout on Saturday, but not yesterday. And I've eaten way too many GS cookies-I'm banishing the rest to the garage. I did read a book and start a new one which was nice. The girls don't have school today but do have dnce tonight. Don't know if we'll have time to do anything fun. I start Meso 2 today. Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and I'm working at my aunt's bakery from 6 am!:eek:

Angie, Enjoy your rest week! I need to play more board games with the girls, but they're at such different ages it makes it tough.

Robin, have a great double workout day! Enjoy your new book!

Katie, saw all your shopping conquests on FB-nice work! Hope you can workout later.

Kate, did you decide on something to do with the girls? Does Laura have a membership to Snap? My neighbor got a spin bike and dvds and keeps inviting me over for a workout-I need to go!

Wendy, hope you can do your step class. You will pass your road test!!

Nina, way to work it !! I need to play more with my girls-I'm so not a playing mom:(

Hi Colleen, Anne, Lisa, DrBecky, Becky, and Clintonya:)
Off to eat some breakfast:)

Good morning Everyone!

Today is a holiday for me so I am going to do some of the errands that I have not been able to do because of the snow. We are supposed to get more snow this afternoon but luckily it will only be a couple of inches. DH gave me a purse for my birthday and a dozen red roses for Valentine's Day. He is so sweet. Today's workout was AS with modifications for my ankle. I still got a good workout despite the modifications.

DrBecky, so sorry Zoe's fever caused you to miss the party. I am glad she is doing better.
Wendy, I would be nervous too if I just started driving. It will get easier - just keep practicing.
Angie, I am glad things are starting to make sense for your exam. Good luck tomorrow!
Kate, I used to love the pullup machine at the gym. I am glad you are fried. Enjoy your day with the girls.
Nina, sometimes I think Meso 1 moves too fast. I barely have time to prepare the next set of weights. i am glad you enjoyed it.
Robin, good job planning ahead for Easter. We still need to decide which family we are going to spend it with. Let me know how you like the book.
Katie, sorry you are not feeling 100%. I hope the mucinex helps.
Klaudia, I can't believe tomorrow is fat Tuesday already. Good job banishing the GS cookies.
Anne, we actually celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday and went out to dinner. I am not sure when we are going to celebrate my birthday. All this snow has really put a damper in making any plans.

Have a great day everyone!

Afternoon snack ended up being corn. Not bad. It just sounded good.

Anne, I agree about the light ab work. But, I'm not sure ab work ever does me any good anyway... :confused: When do you leave? Are you getting so crazy excited???

Klaudia, sounds like a nice weekend and Fat Tuesday is always fun! GS cookies are dangerous for me! Board games are hard. Ellie doesn't have the attention span so Anna gets frustrated.

Colleen, sounds like you had a nice weekend. DH is so sweet with his gifts. Hope you get some things done today. Your ankle getting better?

I was falling asleep watching one of my lectures so I'm going to go stretch for the day and get my blood flowing!

CS done! Cardio during nap, biceps tonight
BasementMaxCleanup right now!

Angie, Corn, huh?:p A stretch always sounds good to me! Nice you dont have to sit in a classrm for your lectures!

Anne, i went to wild oats in gl.
I think Pyr is the hardest Hiit. Love it! Laura and I are always GASPING with that one!
I like your snack idea for Angie!

Klaudia, We're staying home. Collective vote was lazy day in our jammies!
Have fun and GOOD LCUK tomorrow!:eek::eek::eek:

Colleen, Sounds like you had a nice weekend! Enjoy your day off and errands!

Okay, I just finished X stretch from P90X. I haven't done it in literally years and to be honest, it was awesome. I was only going to do half (it's an hour) but it felt so good I just kept going. The rest of the week will be insanity recovery and then Yoga X on Friday and not sure what on Sat. Just going to really enjoy this week!

Kate, yay for jammies day. I love those. I like pyramid too but I was nauseous the first time I did it so I'm looking forward to trying again.

More studying and figuring out what's for dinner!

w/o done and I realize I have much more energy in the beginning of the week.

Wendy talking about portion control. I was watching celebrity fit club and Harvey said that our plates are supposed to have 1 inch space diameter around the plate and the food should only be 1 inch high. I think that's good advice. And one of the celebrities said that I will just have to find a bigger plate:rolleyes:

Nina that's a good workout. Wouldn't it be nice if we can mix and match all of the sts workouts.

Anne the core work for sts cardio is light, I think because sts strength core work is harder and longer. IMO

Klaudia I'll be at the bakery tomorrow. I can just smell the sweetness;) What book are you reading now?

DrBecky How's Zoe?

Angie did you make it through the lecture?

Kate enjoy your girls today. Classical stretch in the early morning is so nice. It gets your blood pumping. Do you have any Kelly Coffey workouts?
I was thinking.....:)

b/l-oatmeal raisons, 1 egg and toast
s-bake potato
d-chicken and rice

I was thinking of giving up the white stuff for Lent.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.