^^^^clean-it-up-TGIF^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Don't have much time this AM. My friend Sara is coming over. My zucchini bread didn't turn out - I think I overcooked it. :( Thankfully I live in France and can swing by the boulangerie to pick up some sort of fantastical pastry or breadish thing.

Ryan and I had "discussions" last night and this morning and I'm exhausted. Nothing that's a big deal but for some reason things lately just seem forced. We haven't had anything fun to do together lately and haven't been on a date in almost 2 months. I'm about to die.

Kate, I love Julia Droolia. I just hear Adam Sandler... "You're name's going to be Julia Gulia?" :p

OK, gotta get dressed and get the kids to school!

Happy Friday!!

Thank the flipping stars, IT'S FRIDAY! You KNOW I am happy about THAT!:D

(((HUGS))) to Angie. Last night Collin was laying with me as I was scrolling through yesterday's check in. He saw your avatar picture and he said, "Mommy, who is that girl? She is beautiful!" I kid you not, it was so cute! So we spent some time talking about you and the girls... :D
Roobin, Collin also mentions your avatars often because they are animated I think!
Colleen, I hope you have a relaxing weekend and get a bit caught up.
Anne, enjoy your time with your husband this weekend!
Morris, do you work today? I hope you get to have a 'home' day with your boys today!
Kate, any weekend plans?
Klaudia, your Doritos talk yesterday reminded me of a funny joke that Chris told me...

WARNING, dirty joke ahead....

So this guy goes to the doctor because his, ahem, 'unit' has turned ORANGE. He explains, "Doctor, my **** is orange and I don't know why. Can you help me?" So the Doctor asks the man to describe his typical daily routine. "Well, I work all day. Then I usually stop by the movie store on the way home and rent a movie..... Oh yes, and I also stop at the convenience store and buy a big bag of Cheetos." :eek::eek::eek:

Well I am pretty tired this morning -- the only thing keeping me going is knowing that it is Friday! Hopefully it won't be too bad of a day, but I am a little bit pissed about my job lately -- I seem to have more work (=more cases) for the same (or less) money. I guess it's probably not wise to do too much bashing of my employer on the internet so I will leave it at that. I just don't like conflict so I hesitate to say anything, but it feels sooooooo unfair.

Not too sure what's up for my weekend -- Chris has to work both Saturday AND Sunday! And of course first soccer game on Saturday at 10 am (unless it rains).

Disk 15 on tap -- BBL!

Last edited:
RE: Versa Gripps

It appears that there are two kinds -- 'Classic Series' and 'Professional Series.' Which do you all buy? What size? And who has the best price?

TIA!

fly by - big poopey diaper on the way out the door! good wo this am on wlliptical and with weights.

angie, have fun with the pastry and friend.

katie, how was legs? good luck with soccer this weekend.

bbiab - off to work:(

Disk 15 done! One arm rows I probably could have gone heavier, rows were right on, but my forearms totally failed on deadlifts. I could deadlift 60# in my sleep, with my hands tied behind my back (ok, not really). I need some help, wonder if the versa gripps would do it. Ugghhhh, and those double arm preacher curls on the ball -- OW!:confused:

See y'all later!

short on time!!!!

thanks for al the nice words on my sweet chunk o'love!

did cs this a.m., will do cc later....

bbiab......

Morning ladies

Kate I have to say Juls is soooo cute! We all have pretty babies and puppies and kittens here on this chat group.:D

Colleen sorry you did not get time to do your abs last night.

Morris he just a friend I met walking my dog.

Klaudia what's up?

Angie well girl you all have been sick lately and maybe you both need to do something spontaneous. Drop everything and just walk or drive around France. I wish I was living in France, Italy etc.

Katie your little man is so cute. :D:D:DLOL Cheetos. LOL we know what type of movie he likes to rent. I think I have the regular VGripp and it cost about $50. I brought mines from Ebay (big USPS mistake). Good workout....You are going to feel the DOMS tomorrow:p

Isn't it amazing how heavy we can lift now? When I use to do the Firm a 12# DBs were super heavy:rolleyes:

Morris chat later.
-----------------------------

No w/o today I'm taking a rest day. I may do a 24 hour detox...with tea and lot's of veggies. During lent I'm suppose to not eat meat today anyway. We will see how long I can last before I faint:rolleyes:

I need to do some shopping online. I want a elliptical and I need BB bench racks. I took a peek at meso 3 and wOW:eek: how in the world....

Last edited:
Happy Friday! GO STATE!!

Can you tell I'm excited today? Can't wait for tonight-MSU plays Kansas in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA basketball championship. Other than that, I must go grocery shopping. Can't decide if today is a rest day or not. If not, then I'll do STS13 CST and some abs that I didn't get to yesterday. So I avoided the animal crackers and Nutella, but found a few rogue Oreos that I quickly disposed of-in my mouth! Life is too short, right? And PMS is a powerful thing.

Angie, I'm with you on the date night thing. Darrin and I had a similar conversation about going through the motions-same thing, different day. Nothing really meanigful or purposeful in our lives like religion/spirituality, volunteering, spending more time with loved ones, etc. Need to work on that aspect of our lives.

Katie, glad you found some resources to help with the coaching. Your enthusiasm and encouragement are the most important things for kids this age-so no worries:) That joke is hilarious! Sorry about work-at least I can complain all I want without fear of getting in trouble;)

Robin, enjoy your rest day and have fun shopping! I need to work on Darrin a little-convince him that STS Cardio is a necessity!

Hi Kate, Morris, Anne, and Colleen:)

Klaudia just tell him that STS cardio is very important to you physical & emotional well being...and it will make you better in bed.;) LOL. I'm not sure why I'm so silly today. Maybe I'm light headed.

Here's my detox plan
b-veggie soup
l-savoy cabbage and tomato soup
s-sweet potato
d-????...I may have to eat a real meal by then.

64oz water and detox tea.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am tired too this Friday and we are going out tonight. So this will be a long day. Tomorrow I will sleep in and I am going running unless it pours. I really need to get going with my running or I will miss all of spring.

Katie, I ordered my versa grips from unique fitness concepts. They have guidelines on what size to get based on your wrist size. They would have helped with your deadlifts this morning.
Angie, you guys have been through so much in the last couple of months that it is hard to remember to take time for yourselves.
Klaudia, go state. Since PSU was eliminated early, I need to support the other Big 10 teams.
Kate, have fun with cs this morning. There were deadlifts in the back dvd.
Robin, good luck with your detox diet.

w/o was STS Disc Back & Bi's.
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: chicken fajita salad
rest of day is ??????

Quick drive by--I have a meeting all morning and another one this afternoon.

Kate, Julia is too cute! What a sweetie!

Robin, we love it when you're silly.

Klaudia, I'm bummed the game is so late tonight, but I'll be up for it. I missed sports on the news this morning, do you know when the women play again?

Angie, have fun with your friend! I hear you on no time with DH. Did I tell you guys I figured out it's been six weeks since Jim and I have had a day together when we didn't have to do anything for anybody else? Yeah, six weeks. No wonder I'm cranky.

Katie, great work out! Have fun with the soccer.

Morris, I hope work goes by quickly.

Hi, Colleen! Is Chris feeling any better today?

I'll be back later. Ciao! Oh, I mean Au revoir!

anne

****Send me WO vibes****

Ellie's down for her nap and I'm off to do leaner legs but I just want to take a nap. Ryan said I could take a bath when he gets home so I'm just holding out! :)

Anne, sorry about the no alone time for you and Jim. I feel your pain!!

Colleen, hope your day isn't too crazy. Where are you going for dinner tonight?

Klaudia, I'll be rooting for MSU in my sleep (I actually have Kansas moving on but as long as MSU doesn't make the final four :)) It's SO hard to fit all the important stuff in after the daily grind, isn't it?

Robin, your detox plan sounds like a good one... any reason? Any word from the devil... I mean USPS? :eek:

Kate, hope your morning is going well.

Katie, sorry about the job woes. Anyone you can talk to about it?

Morris, sorry about yucky diapers! Hope work goes well.

Pastry (tarte de sucres) was yummy, friend was "lovely."

Be back post WO... that is if I make it through.:eek::eek:

was going to do cc on the ellip but instead i kicked the versaclimbers butt!!:D
climbed and climbed, listening to missy elliott:eek: - i had so much energy today! felt awesome!

im supposed to go to a friends tonight for a stampinup show....i'll show up late bec of nursing j at bedtime....i dont wanna go!!! but maybe i need to get out of the house and il be glad latr i went....hmmmm

noplans for the weekend!!!!!!!

angie, i can relate how youre feeing w/ ryan! seems like thats THE LAST thing on my to do list! no pun intended!:p
sorry the bread didnt turn out....have fun tho!
have a lovely time w/ leaner legs! havent done that one yet....after sts i suppose!

katie, i bought a small right from the site - cant rememvber if cl or pro...will check
lol at the joke! thanks!

klaudia, lol at the rogue oreos! i hate that!
nice weekend plans!

anne, maybe htats whats missing - mike & i havent been out alone in over 6 months....its just so hard w/ j's bedtime...hope you and jim can enjoy some time soon
good luck w/ your mtgs today!

colleen, where ya headed tonight?
outside sounds fantastic!
tx for the sts updates/previews! trying to get it all in esrly brfore chicago....
colleen,

robin, i like your happy mood! i need it today! dds were drivin' me nuts this morning! i felt bad....
i am so excited abt the heavy lifting too! cant wait to hit legs again tmrw!

morris, ugh - those last minute diapers stink - literally!!! wevw given j barley a few times this wk - wow does that stuff make the diaper change!:eek: shes doing so great w/ it - such a relief. bought a beaba babycook from wsonoma yday - will post a link later....so cool!

Angie you're right USPS tracking sucks. The company I brought it from did not received it back so maybe it's on its way down here. I'm just detoxing to flush out my Colon. I have not been "regular" lately.:eek:

Kate no plans for the weekend also. We are expecting t-storms so maybe we will just rent movies.

Anne have fun with your meetings. They are long ones.

I'm printing out next week's workout cards.:confused: Oh maaaan

Last edited:
Ok, finished leaner legs. I struggle so much through leg workouts. They are just hard for me - always! I used to feel like my legs were strong but haven't felt that way post kids! I didn't do the ab work - didn't know it had any and it was fine b/c Ellie started crying right after I finished so I didn't really have time anyway.

I'm trying to train her to not cry when she wakes up. She's always such a grouch and it makes me a grouch so when she asked to get up, I told her to wait a few minutes and she went into all out wailing. Geesh. Guess that didn't work.

I need to hop in the shower and then run to the store. Ryan wants a white board for the workout room to keep track of his reps... I want to be supportive.

Kate, go to the party! You'll have fun and you deserve a night out. And - get a babysitter woman! Go on a date with your husband. HE deserves it. :):eek::p

Took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer for dinner but it's still frozen... oops... plan b.

Robin, I never look at what I'm supposed to lift until I have to lift it! Dont wanna scare myself out of it!:p
Thurnderstorms sounds great!! We love to sit on the porcha nd watch!:)
Swt potatoes are my new addiction. I have a recipe for baked fries and I ate entirely too many last night!:eek:

Angie, I never really cared for LB work til STS. I appreciated it but didn't love it. I LOVE STS legs!
As far as a babysitter..... Julia nurses to go to sleep at night for about an hour. Sometimes she starts as early as 6, other times it's 7. So sometimes I don't get out of her room til 8. Which makes for an insanely late dinner and I would eat the trim on the door at that point! We're trying to work out going out to lunch some Saturday, but...you know how it goes:rolleyes:. It's just too hard to get out to dinner these days.
Good luck w/ Ellie and the crying! Wish they came preprogrammed sometimes!:D
Never made pork tenderloin tho I have a bunch of yummy-looking recipes!
Way to support DH! We had large mirrors installed in the WO rm and I used to use Crayola markers on them to keep track of things.

Eats are clean and will stay that way!
b - kashi, apple slices
s - 2 clementines

l - eggs w/ whites, r&o peppers, 9-grain toast
s - ??
d - garlic roast chicken & veggies

Going to my guy friend's for lunch/playdate with the girls in a bit. Still haven't decided if I'm working out or not, maybe I'll just run and save the weights for tomorrow-still have DOMS.

Anne, the MSU women play at 9:00 on Saturday night. Hope your meetings fly by!

Angie, good job on Meaner Legs:) That's a tough workout! Sorry about Ellie-Nevena either sings or reads books when she wakes up from nap or she starts calling, "Mom...mama...mommy...Is anybody gonna get me?!" So funny!

Kate, I remember going out to dinner for our two year anniverary when Danica was 2 months old. It was tough and I pumped then. I pumped less and less with each child, but would manage a bottle or two so I could get out every so often. Can you maybe have a light snack before going out to dinner? So you don't eat your woodwork:) Great menu!

I started another thread in OD that will probably get people riled up-uh oh!

Gotta get ready.

klaudia the pot stirrer:p, nice to have a playdate at someone elses house for a change huh?
good luck w/ the wo - whatever it is!:)
pumping - thumbs down!!! i havnt even once w/ julia or isabel. i had to for gina but she eventually got it and i ditched that thing so fast! i know it ties me down more but i just detest pumping. i think we'll just have to settle for an afternoon...

i was just abt to make lunch then j woke up and wants hers.....doesnt she know im hungry???!:p

hi everyone - workmax done!!! and, my coworker whom i really love wanted to go for a walk after, so we did a fast 2 miler. it was nice, and i was glad to get out. off to pt shortly, then to pick up the boys. eats are clean, and anxiety is at a dull roar. I WILL NOT LET IT TSKE OVER!

angie, maybe you should try to find a sitter and go out with dh?

anne, 6 weeks is too long. maybe you and dh can plan something to look forward to together.

kkl, have fun on the play date. who are you watching the game with?

robin, you are silly today:) hope the fast goes well. i need more veggies in my house to do that.

colleen, sounds like you are looking forward to tomorrow am. what are you doing tonight?

kate, glad you got your vc done. i cannot imagine nursing for an hour. aidan is a speedeater - 5-10 min and he is done. pumping is a pain, but i am glad i do it. aidan would not touch any kind of cereal, just like finn. he loves his fruits and veggies though. and cheerios, when i even get out the yellow box he gets excited:D

please send me clean eating vibes - so good so far. hoping to have fish and veg for dinner, but if i do not get to the store, it is tuna fish and frozen veg!

Hey, everybody, meetings done! And the morning one wasn't as long as I thought it would be, so that's good.

Morris, I'm glad to hear the anxiety is down to a dull roar. Turn on the radio and you won't even hear it!

Klaudia, I can't wait for the game tonight. They should kill Kansas. I need to look up who the women are playing.

Kate, an afternoon date can be wonderful! Make a plan and stick to it.

Angie, I hate Leaner Legs. I do it sometimes because I know it's good for me, but I always sort of dread it. I much prefer Legs & Glutes.

Hi to Katie, Robin, and Colleen!

I have tap tonight and then I'm going to go home and talk to my dog's foster mom. Okay, she's not my dog yet, but if we like each other we'll probably get her at the end of April. I have some traveling coming up and want to be home when we welcome her. I'm trying not to get too excited, if she's scared of us they won't place her with us. Which is fine, I don't want a dog that's afraid of me. Wish us luck!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.