^^^^clean&tidy-tuesday^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

No WO yesterday. After we put the girls to bed, I went to take a bath and fell asleep in the tub. Geez. Guess I was tired.

So, I decided not to do the 12 week rotation. I think the first half at least is too easy for me. So, this is what I'm going to do. I'm starting with FF's Intermediate Fat Burning and when I feel up to it, I'm going to move to one of her Endurance Rotations. Then I will probably do a strength one after that.

I also just purchased Bryan Kest's power yoga (recommended by FF). We'll see how I like it. I've never liked yoga. My first intro to it was with Tony Horton with P90X and it was 90 minutes long and I HATED it.

Anyway, today's WO will be Step Blast step 1,2, 3 & first challenge. Wish me luck. BBL to report how it went.

I'm happy to report that I've stayed in my calorie allowance for 4 days straight and the scale is back down to my pre-trip weight (actually slightly lower). So, I'm happy.

Keep it clean & tidy, my friends!

Ugh, just accidentally closed my window and lost my post! :mad::mad:

WO done, sweaty and good.

Gotta shower and eat and pick up girls for lunch. BBL with personals!

Angie -- you fell asleep in the bath tub?!?!?! Please be careful! ^5 on an awesome workout and cooperative scale!

Yesterday was a it crazy for me -- work all day, get C from school, run by the Pharm to get a Rx, run home to start laundry and dinner, clean off the kitchen table (the landing place for all things in my home), eat dinner, then outside into the not-so-warm weather so Chris and I could stain the hot tub:rolleyes: After about an hour of that, I had to bring the plants in and over others up - frost warning, get Collin a bath and into bed, and collapse into bed myself.

:eek:

Kate, I apologize that I did not get back here yesterday to tell you how much I appreciate you posting those recipes. Thank you so so much. Now if I could just get people to commit to something so I could decide what I am making!

And Colleen, thanks for your recipe too, looks totally yummy!

angie, guess you wre tired!! that fatburn rot looks good! ive built quite a bit of muscle w/ sts...need to work on thefatloss part! let me kno how you like the yoga!

katie, busy day yday. i love being producctive tho!
youre welcome for the recipes

-
no plans today...isabel is going to be so bored w/ me:(. guess we can go get groceries....

i love julia....shes nursing and her cheeks are rosy, her blue eyes shining, her fuzzy littlecoconut head....aaahhh

eats were totally great yday. i did sts legs wk3 of m3 and did awesome
today eats will be great again and im running solo tonight.

have agreat day

good morning everyone. sorry i did not make it back yesterday - i was tired!! but it was a fun day, eats were 100%, and i am lean today:D:D also, today is a day off - i am excited.

angie, i'd love to know how you like that yoga. i too have not enjoyed it in the past but would like to. great eats lately.

katie, busy day for you yesterday. hope today goes well.

kate, i am sure no one will be bored in your house. enjoy your solo run - you are really putting in the effort.

my run was hard today for some reason. it felt good, but it was hard. did abs too, hoping for ub, but doesn't look likely. bbiab

I just went to iron my sweater quickly before leaving for work, and when I went to grab the iron it was gone. Come to find out, Chris's sister borrowed the iron about 3 f***ing months ago and never bothered to bring it back.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can you tell I am annoyed?

WO was plyo legs -- my last dance (at least for while) -- but I ran out of time to do the whole thing (overslept, see above post re: busy day y'day) so I will try to squeeze in a few more minutes tonight. I really love plyo!

Yesterday's eats were very very clean - except for a blueberry scone that hoped into my hand/mouth/belly. It was goooooood and I am sured I burned off the cals with all my activity last night.

Okay, off to work, love y'all!

Morning!

So I pulled a Kate last night and went to the grocery store at 9 pm:) My parents got here a little too late for me to go then and make dinner and go to my meeting so I just went after. Got home at 10:30 and after putting everyting away, had a bowl if Edy's Slow Churned ice cream. Ok, considering I only had a spinach feta pretzel for dinner-everyone else got the home cooked meal. Didn't do abs so I'll tack them on to today's STS M3 W3 Chest/Back workout. Was thinking of getting a free body scan sponsored by Self magazine today-we'll see. And dance tonight. At least it's going to be a beautiful week here:)

Katie, yay on the plyo legs-I actually started getting a teardrop in my thigh!! So excited!

Angie, great rotation idea! I'll have to check out that yoga. I don't like it much either, but need to add some major stretching to my routine. Way to go on the weight loss!

Kate, enjoy your nice boring day. Nevena woke up from a dream last night and I wnet and got her just to snuggle:) I'm gonna miss that so much:( Great job yesterday!

Morris, enjoy your day off today:) Is your party this weekend?

bbiab...

Morning

kate good going with the squats but I wouldn't go heavier because next week is the challenge. Six reps for squats did not challenge me to total fatigue either. Kate those recipes y-day...is this the clean and tidy checkin;). i thought I was lost.

Colleen smelly men-sucks. I had a supervisor who was smelly but he got the hint when people gave him deodorant/cologne set for Christmas.

Anne how was Star Trek?

Lisa I'm glad your DD recital went well...any pics?
Angie good going with the calories and weight lose. I'll check out Bryan Kest's power yoga. I have so many yoga and pilates DVDs and they all seem to be the same old thing. Great rotation.

Katie wow what an evening.:eek: Sorry about the iron.

Morris great eats y-day.

My w/o today will be kickbox Surge and class stretch

bbl menu

Morning!

So I pulled a Kate last night and went to the grocery store at 9 pm:) My parents got here a little too late for me to go then and make dinner and go to my meeting so I just went after. Got home at 10:30 and after putting everyting away, had a bowl if Edy's Slow Churned ice cream. Ok, considering I only had a spinach feta pretzel for dinner-everyone else got the home cooked meal. Didn't do abs so I'll tack them on to today's STS M3 W3 Chest/Back workout. Was thinking of getting a free body scan sponsored by Self magazine today-we'll see. And dance tonight. At least it's going to be a beautiful week here:)

Katie, yay on the plyo legs-I actually started getting a teardrop in my thigh!! So excited!

Angie, great rotation idea! I'll have to check out that yoga. I don't like it much either, but need to add some major stretching to my routine. Way to go on the weight loss!

Kate, enjoy your nice boring day. Nevena woke up from a dream last night and I wnet and got her just to snuggle:) I'm gonna miss that so much:( Great job yesterday!

Morris, enjoy your day off today:) Is your party this weekend?

bbiab...

Go for the body scan...what do they scan for?

Robin, they scan for skin cancer. I haven't had a full scan, just had a few moles looked at. Trying to see if I can swing it timewise.

Morris, Sorry about the hard run...all of MINE are! lol! Thanks for the encouragement tho!
YAY for leanness!
Any word on the house?

Katie, I cant decide if I like plyo or squat rack stuff more...
I'd be annoyed wbout the iron too....

Klaudia, LOL about pulled a Kate! It's so nice and quiet at the store at night.
I've had a full scan bfore....really gross. Dirty old man dr had me get totally nude!!! LONG story, but ..YUCK memory!
We are LOVING the nice weather!!

Robin, LOL!! Those recipes ere evil weren't they??!!
CS - I'm jealous!!:p I NEED to make some time for taht!

-
Mike has a cpl of his guys working outside here today. I don't know htem well and feel kinda trapped inside.:confused:

Off to play w/ Isabel....bbl...

Afternoon!

Just got back from the grocery store and need to put everything away and do some major cleaning around here. My floors are disgusting!

My WO this morning was good. I was thankful that I didn't have to do the blasts because I could barely keep up with the steady state. It's amazing how quickly I can lose cardio endurance.

Katie, sorry about the busy night and the iron fiasco. There's nothing worse than realizing that. Seriously, an iron is $10 - tell her to get her own! Hope your day is better today!

Kate, I hear you on the fat loss issues. I'm hoping to lose the fat, then build some muscle. We'll see how my plan works! Ellie is bored with me too. I think she'd like to stay at school but I don't want her to nap and they nap from 2-3:30. I don't know what I'm going to do in the fall - I planned to send her full day (aside from lunch) but now I'm reconsidering....:confused:

Morning Morris, I'm glad you have a day off! That sounds nice! Lean is good!!!

Klaudia, ha ha about pulling a Kate! I used to love to shop at night - it's no longer an option though as most stores close between 7-8. I say go for the scan. I'd like to do one too! Good luck with your WO!

Robin, I'm hoping this yoga is good. I, too, feel like they're all the same. Although I've never done "power" yoga. Kickbox surge sounds fun. Who is that?

Morning Anne, Lisa, Colleen!

Off to put groceries away! BBL.

angie, dontcha love being a housewife?:D i love to be productive in the house during the day....makes me feel tingly all over to see a picked-up house transform from a pile of family-induced rubble!:p
great wo! that one is so fun! your endurance will be back in no time!
school decisions are so hard arent they? i requested pm kgarten but dont know yet...hope i made a good decision.
kickbox surge is amy bento...that ones getting good reviews...im tempted!

-
headed out soon to walk around our little downtown and to feed the ducks. theres also a new whole grains/food store dwn there im going to check out! im excited!

oh yeah...eats!

b - cereal, milk
s - 1/2 apple, 1/2 Tb pb
---
l - turkey sandwich, fresh peppers, triscuits
s - ??
d - salad w/ burger (fam gets buns & cheese), swt potato, peppers

That surge wo does look fun! Saw it on collage video site.

Eats today have been weird. We were low on food.

Didn't eat bfast:eek: before I worked out.

Lunch was 1/4 of the girls' ham and cheese baguette and then 2 scrambled eggs.

Snack - I had half of a chocolate "gaufre" (waffle) - that's what Ellie picked at the store.

It's hard to track cals on some things since I can't even begin to find them but I try my best to put the ingreds together to figure it out.

Kate, I love cleaning too... it's so rewarding!

Do you know why I'll never be a size six? I'll tell you why--because I love food. Really, I do. And not just any food, but the kind that prevents you from being a size six. I had a really good day yesterday, yogurt and string cheese with a banana for breakfast, hashwi and greek salad for lunch, two small tuna fish sandwiches and two small mangoes for dinner...a 3.5 mile run, ah, life is good! Then we went to the movies and I inhaled popcorn like I'd never been fed. Ah, well, it was fun! The movie was really good, there's a fair amount of dry humor in it, which is my favorite.

Angie, I love Step Blast. Isn't that a fun work out?

Kate, what's the new whole grains store in GL?

Klaudia, I didn't get home until 11:40 last night. I can't remember the last time I was out that late! But it didn't kill me and it was fun to go out on a "school" night.

Robin, what's on your menu today?

Colleen, peee-you! Sorry about your smelly co-worker, I think that's the worst. I'll take a clean b**ch over a stinkoid any day.

Morris, you sound really good today. I'm sorry your run was hard, isn't it funny how some days it's effortless and other days it's like running through mud? I need new shoes, I know that will help it feel effortless again for me.

Lisa, is your boss needy again today?

Katie, busy night last night! I wish I had your energy. Your party sounds fun this weekend, do you want some more guests?

Busy, busy at work today, but that's good. I was supposed to get up and do UB this morning, but 6:15 was just too early after my late night last night. I'll make it up somehow. I do have tap tonight. I'm getting excited about the recital. It'll be here before I know it! bbiab

anne

w/o done...sweaty cardio and stretch made me feel like an overcooked noodle:)

Kate once you finish sTS you are going to feel so free and then you can do anything you want to. Enjoy your shopping adventure.

Angie That's funny that you check in while the groceries are still in the bag. I hate putting up groceries too b/c I put veggies and chicken breast in small freezer bags and that's an headache.
I read that muscle gain can be lost when you don't workout in about 2-3 weeks but cardio endurance is lost much faster. Don't worry you can get it back quickly.

Angie have you tried sparkpeople.com or caloriecount.com..to count calories?.I'm not sure if they french food.

Anne too funny about the popcorn and I love star trek...but not the original ones. I want to see that movie but I may wait until the video comes out in Blockbuster.
-------------
menu
b-1/2 protein bar
l-brocoli and cheese fratata
s-2nd half protein bar and apple
d-pancakes for kids,not sure what's for me

Angie, You're in a foreign land - cal counting would seem very daunting! When you're unsure just watch portions - you seem good at that already though!

Anne, Glad you had a fun date night but sorry about the popcorn!
I thnk the name is Wild Oats...it was nice. Isabel thought it was stinky! LOL! I didnt buy anything...didnt bring my wallet. BUt they had a lot of nice healthy stuff.
Busy work days seem to go by faster!
Have fun at tap tonight - I'm excited for your recital too!

Kaludia, Are you coming to the reictal?

Robin, LOVE that noodle feeling! Good for you!
Pancakes mmmmmm.....I'm making some for Isabel tomorrow for her bday. We always do M&M panckaes on birthday days. The bday girl gets a huge one!

-
Outing was nice...tuckered J out and she's sleeping now.
SADDEST THING EVER - There was a little itsy bitsy baby bird that mustve fell out of the tree. We're talkin' JUST hatched. Broke my heart!

4.5 hours til Gina comes home.....we count down all day!:D

Colleen - Yuck about the coworker. I would have said something like, "I'm sorry, but I have to really use the bathroom." and get the heck away from him! Sorry you had to endure that smell.

Anne - LOL about loving food. I am in the same boat as you. I have recently been able to distinguish when I'm emotional eating though. However, I love trying new places and recipes and things like that so you can imagine how that doesn't help me have a Cathe like body, lol.

Katie - I would totally be annoyed about the iron too. Sounds like you had a full day yesterday.

Angie - Sorry about the car troubles the other day. Yay for losing the lbs so quickly!

Klaudia - How long have your girls been taking dance? What kind of dance are they taking? Good luck on the recitals. Those schedules can be brutal.

Kate - My skin crawled just reading your skin scan experience. You could do it yourself actually. I do because I was a sun kid growing up so I worry. I just go to the derm when I see something "suspicious." Your recipes were very daunting, btw but I ignored them. ;)

Morris - I hope this is the one for your house. Did they follow through with a solid offer?

Robin - I hate putting away groceries also, but I seem to have that assigned to me all the time. DH carries in and I put away. So what happens now that you are done with STS?

Angie - P90X yoga is such a bad yoga routine IMO. I don't get those good feelings I get from good yoga classes and good dvds with the P90X version.

Sorry for the lame check-ins the last couple days. I feel like I need a mental vacation. My boss was talking and talking to me yesterday about everything. I ended up telling him I was going to work from home today after he literally kept me away from my work for an hour straight yesterday. Anyway, eats were pretty good yesterday. I did UB Premix of MM and I was surprised at how much strength I have gained back. Not quite where I want to be, but pretty darn close. I lost so much strength after pg. Maybe I should have gotten STS, but oh well. I probably wouldn't have gotten past the first series. I'm so ADD when it comes to rotations. Anyway, planning for an afternoon run today.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.