^^^^clean&tidy monday^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Klaudia, congrats to your team! I have to say that I was expecting IL to lose but you can't say that before a game, right? At least we put up a decent fight and it wasn't a blowout. Was it fun to watch?

Today we don't have any plans. Ryan is home sick from work. I'm glad he's taking a day to rest but it's always really hard to function normally in a day when he is here but not helping... ya know?

Today's WO will be BM premix #2 Timesaver Cardio and B&G stability ball abs. I'll check in after it's done.

To those of you hoping for snow days, I hope you get one! :)

My kids have been up since 6:15 and they are all sorts of crazy up in their rooms. I got up early so I could have some quiet time to myself... I can't say it's been exactly quiet. Oh well.

QOTD: Did you go to college? If so, where and what did you major in?

I went to the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and majored in Psychology - the most useless major of all!!! :D:D

Have a happy, clean day everyone!

angie

Morning Angie! Your workout sounds fun, I miss BM2!! Hope the kids -- all three of them -- take it easy on you today!

Yes, I went to college at James Madison University ( www.jmu.edu ) and majored in Basketweaving -- I mean Psychology -- just like Angie:p Minors were Sociology and Women's Studies, and I did a lot of research in addictive behaviors which is how I ended up in my job.

Speaking of my job, I probably can't go today... We have about 4 inches of snow, and us southern folks just aren't equiped to deal with that. I am certain that preschool is closed, not so certain about my work. Whatever, we will see....

morning!

i went to community college for 2 yrs on a scholarship. i quit tho bec we were getting married and i knew id be a baby factory and not use my degree anyway!:p we figured why waste the time/money? and as far as sthing to fall back on - thats what life insurance is for!:eek: i got good grades and i took a lotlotlot of flack for not finishing.....but they see we're doing well and cant argue w/ that. and of the people i know around here.....the ones w/ degrees arent as successful as those without.....

angie, another house w/ wildgirls! mine were up at 6!!!!:mad::mad: i HATE having a sick dh around,....i just leave for the day!:eek: yday mike came to me w/ julia while i was cleaning the kitchen....he said "keep an eye on j so i can watch g&i outside in the hot tub"...and he meant from the window!:rolleyes::rolleyes: wht a goon! i was like "how do you think i have all 3 to myself?! take that baby and get back to your post!:rolleyes:" really, he wanted to sit and read a magazine. i told him to lay j down next to him , watch the girls, oh, and dont forget to fold some laundry!

katie, i am soooo jealous of your snowday! dds have today off anyway....but i'll take one tomorrow!:p

--------------------
not sure whats up for today yet....after j finishes her bfast i'll get ours!:D
will do cardio/stretching during the day while j naps. gina will keep isabel busy today!!!!

Happy Monday! Go, State, Go!! My Spartans are Big 10 Champs!!

As you can tell, I went to college-Michigan State University and majored in English and French, then went to a local university, Oakland University. I started out in graduate school studying linguistics, but then switched to a post bachelor's secondary education certificate so I could use my majors to teach. Funny, I've never held a real job-after student teaching for a year-while getting married-I didn't get recommended by one of the teachers I was teaching for (not a nice lady, let me tell you-got in a heated arguement with my OU prof!) so I took time away from the whole thing, and worked as a nanny and then got pregnant and became a SAHM-the best job ever! I do want to go back and subtitute teach when Nevena gets in 1st grade or become a trainer-we'll see. Sorry for the novel!

We're missing the massive storm, but got a dusting-just enough for Darrin to go in. I guess it's a good thing cause he starts being an hourly employee today so the more hours, the better. I'm all kinds of sore, but in a good way. Today will be cardio and cleaning and I need to make a grocery run.

Angie, sorry-not really! It was a great game! When Illilois tied it up, I had to leave-and eat a whole dark chocolate bar to help alleviate my stress! We always have crazy girls in this house:) Sorry about Ryan-a sick husband is worse than a sick child. Hang in there!

Katie, glad you get to stay home-enjoy the day off with Collin!

Kate, lol at your description of Mike-I love when we're leaving to go somewhere and Darrin asks me to get them ready-coats, shoes, etc. Who helps me get all 3 ready-ALL the time?! You can always go back to school/work when the girls get older, too-for fun.

Morris, go to www.artofstrength.com. The have an instructor link on the left side-that's how I found my kb trainer. Hope you don't have too much snow!

Anne, how was the party? You will definitely have to come to a class-so much fun! We might try for once a month. I'll give you more details later.

Hi Robin and Colleen!

bbiab...

Just for a little inch of snow they closed the schools :confused: now they are home.

Angie you should go for your PhD. I went to LaGuardia and majored in Animal Health Tech, Hunter Collage and majored in Medical Lab and then I went to university of Phoenix and majored in Health Care Management just to finish my BS.

Katie you got hit hard with the snow.

Kate I guess it depends on what town you live in. In NYC a degree and/or certification is the only way you can get a job. What stretch are you doing today?

Klaudia Go TEAM! Sorry I must have missed the game. What w/o are you doing today.
------------------------
This is the first day of recovery week so I'm going to do some RS and core work.

b-egg whites
l-black beans, salsa and br rice

klaudia, lol at your stress relief!!! i was stressed last night and ate a cookie!

btw, they are sand tarts for evryone who asked - lotsa buttah and sugah!

robin, i think a new cs....will let u know how they are
yay recovery wk!!
try not to go bonkers w/ the kids home all day!:confused::D

rocking j to sleep.....usually i just put her in her bed but shes so snarfly/snotty nose.:( dang school germs!:mad:

good morning! 14 inches expected. daycare is open, but probably not for long. i will be mad if i have to drive in the worst of it b/c they did not think to close. i think by late afternoon it won't be going so hard at least. needless to say, i slept in. bad bad bad! i am regretting it now, but i was up too much last night. hoping to do something later, but i do not know.

neat question of the day - i went to tufts university and got a bs in science, went to univ of fla for my dvm. i started work as an equine vet, switched to small animal 3 yrs later to have babies!

oh oh, gotta meet with my boss. urgggg! bbl

morris, have you taken a rest day this year?:)
hope mtg w/ the boss goes well!:confused:

busy, productive morning! i love having gina home! she is so helpful and responsible. first child syndrome i gues! i said i wanted to change their sheets today....she "surpruised" me by stripping their beds! i love her!

more cookie baking today!:eek: new recipe - aggression cookies. its basically an oatmeal cookie. you pu all the ingredients in a big baggie and beat the tar out of it! sounds fun! the longer you beat it the better they supposedly taste!

Hi Everyone!

Well when I woke up it wasn't too bad but then the snow got heavier and we got another 3-4 inches in a couple of hours. I definitely can't get out so I am working from home. I forgot to pay bills yesterday so I will need to squeeze that in today.

I went to Penn State and got a BS in Business Statistics with a minor in Business Logistics. I got my masters at Univ. of MD in Technology Management.

Angie, sorry that Ryan is sick. I think Chris is staying home today too (he just asked if his client was closed).
Katie, glad courts are closed. Even though I am home, I still need to work. It should be a light day though. I am getting flooded with emails from people who are working from home too.
Morris, I hate it when the weather gets worse during the day. I never know if I should go to work or not. Good luck meeting with your boss.
Klaudia, thanks for the link on the kb trainer. I just viewed my kettlebell dvd and I think I should get the instructional dvd first.
Robin, isn't funny when the entire town is shutdown for a dusting of snow. Hope your kids don't drive you crazy.
Kate, your recipe for oatmeal cookies sounds like fun. Enjoy beating those cookies!!!

w/o was LIS
b: oatmeal w/ almonds

colleen, another snowdayer!!! lucky duck! enjoy working at home today! you get to stat in your pjs today?:D i still am!:eek::p
lis - fun! i always have so much energy w/ that one.
bills....im totally nuts but i pay it as soon as i get it. i get scared the due date will come & go and ruin our credit score or get a late fee!

nursings done....see you in 2 hours!:D

WO done. That timesaver challenge is a toughie! Doing those power circuits one right after each other without the rest of the weight work is tough! I had to pause after the 3rd one because my hr was just crazy! I'd never done the B&G stability ball abs and that was fun. I like variety and that one's good b/c the reps aren't thousands! I can't stand doing the same move 500x!

Katie, glad you guys got a snow day! Sounds so fun! LOL on basketweaving!

Kate, your "chef" skills kill me! I would be 500 lbs if I baked as much as you. And that is so awesome about Gina - I can't wait until my girls can help out more. Annabel makes her bed and wipes off the table and she loves it!

Klaudia, LOL on the stress choc bar! I was the same way when the Illini were actually good and won games but lately... sigh.:(

Robin, I was enrolled in 3 diff programs for my masters but ended up dropping out of all of them for a variety of reasons (before they started) - basically thought it was silly to spend more $$ on school when I wanted to be a SAHM. Sorry about the snow... how's the rest?

Morris, as far as I'm concerned, you deserve a sleep in! Plus, you weren't going to run today anyway right? Give yourself a little break - and kiss a kitty for me! I miss mine so much!

Colleen, hope you have a productive/yet slow day. Penn State, huh? The strange not midwestern big ten member. :) Hope you have a great day!

Anne, how are you?? How was the weekend?

Okay, eats have been pretty clean.

B: yogurt/muesli/strawberries
S: bb cheese/handful of cashews
L: leftover chili (5 ritz crackers)
S: pear and...
D: leftover chili again (we made a HUGE pot y'day!)

BBL!
ang

Kate's right, I slept in this morning. Sorry I didn't make it yesterday, Klaudia. I woke up, looked at the clock and thought, "If I get up right now I can make it." Then I laid back down and promptly fell asleep again! But, I would love to join you another time! Go ahead and send me details later. Thanks! And, I saw your pics from the earlier thread, you and Darrin are so adorable! And your kiddos! Too cute!

Katie, how were the preparations for Collin's bday party? I loved seeing your wedding pics. I was following your wedding plans before I joined this checkin because I vacation in the Outer Banks sometimes. I like the southern end, near Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo.

Angie, your pics from Disney were great too! I'm glad you had fun, but I know how nice it is to get home. We got home about 5 yesterday, so I was able to see my Spartans win! Sorry about that, but it was a good game.

Kate, good job on paying your bills so promptly. I need to do bill paying tonight, too.

Robin, I hope the kids don't drive you nuts today. What did you get at Target yesterday?

Colleen, enjoy working from home. I'm always much more productive when I do that.

Morris, I loved seeing your pics too! Your family is gorgeous. And I'm jealous your DH is in Greece. I would love to go there some day.

Okay, QOTD answer: I went to Michigan State for undergrad and got my bachelor's in International Relations. Then I went to the University of South Carolina for my master's in Library Science. So I'm a Spartan and a Gamecock. Does that explain my aggressive personality? I don't think of myself that way, but I am very impatient.

The weekend was good. The drugs are working on my cold, so I don't feel bad. My dad's party was just lovely. Both my parents had a great time and my sister was exceedingly well behaved, which leads me to believe she's medicated. My MIL is looking good, too, and is definitely stronger than the last time I saw her. She's lost weight, though, which worries me somewhat. But it was nice to see her and spend some time together.

Should I not mention our stop at the outlet mall yesterday? I got two pairs of pants (chinos in black and chocolate brown for work) and the cutest pair of cargo capris in dark olive green. They were only $10! And I can wear them to work, too.

Okay, speaking of work...need to get some done. I'll be back.

anne

Last edited:
angie, great wo!!! that one is fun!
great job on the eats today too!

anne, glad the pary went well. are you the big or lil sis?
nice score on the newclothes!

went to the chiro. made cookies. i had one, it was not tiny tho! if i dont eat more i wont feel bad. repeat, repeat!!!! must.stay.busy!!!!!

Thanks Angie I'll check those sites out.

kate I don't know how you bake cookies and don't eat them all...like myself.:rolleyes:

Anne I brought some new w/o pants and 2 bras and a workout yoga mat for my bedroom. I ended up in Walmart allso and almost brought a new kettlebell 10# but didn't. Good price on capris!

Angie those timesavers goes fast because she doesn't stretch.

Morris 14 inches expected:eek: I shouldn't complain.

Colleen I'm glad that you can stay home and work today.

W/o done. I did a new kettlebell DVD "The kettlebell Way" but I promise no more weights for the rest of the week.:)

well, i didnt eat them all, robin, but i did manage to eat another one:mad:. stupid, stupid woman i am:rolleyes:. lunch was clean - taco salad w/ lotsa veggies

robin, shameshame on the weights!:p im tellin the sts police!:p
yay for new wo stuff!

katie are you enjoying your day off??!!

Hi Everyone,

Just finished lunch. Had some pork and ww noodles & pumpkin soup as my veggie. We shoveled before lunch and it was so cold and windy that I haven't been able to warm up. It has been a somewhat quiet morning and I might finish everything early. I have a couple more things to do today and then I am done.

Robin, I thought about trying my new kettlebell this week. My back has been tight the last few days so I am holding off until I feel better
Kate, mmm cookies. I don't bake because I would eat all the cookies. Stay away - they are evil.
Anne, welcome back! Great finds at the outlet mall. We technically aren't allowed to wear capris which is a pain.
Angie, I have seen those bars before but I haven't found them in a store. I will let you know if I do. I usually look at whole foods, food network and cooks illustrated to find recipes for dinner. During the week our schedules are so busy that it has to be quick and easy or we won't make it. Let us know how you like the newsletter.

Need to get some more work done!

meeting with office manager not good - more later. had to leave work early b/c of no appointments, but, kids were napping at school. did the eelliptical, had a clean lunch, and now i must walk my poor dog. it is so cold and windy and i am grumpy:mad: i will be back with details later.

angie, uyeah on clean day. i will cgheck out those websitesd.

robin, lol re kettlebells. you cannotstay away from them:)
kate, i need to wokr out aggression, but if i made those cookies, i'd eat them all:eek:

katie, how are you?

colleen, glad you are not out. you have more ice i think, we are all snow, so it is probably easier here.

klaudia, hope dh is home soon

anne, great deals! i cannot wait to go shopping. i say that a lot, don;/;t i? need some discrecenary income.

okay. must pay bvills

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.