^^^^ Thursday in the Cheetah Den^^^^^

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetahs!

Just wanted to start the thread before I start my workout! I am up way to early for this today and Im in some serious need of a snooze! My boss is away so I may be able to sit in the chair for a bit this afternoon and get a power nap! LOL

Hope everyone as a good day! I will return later to catch up on personnals!

Lori:)

Good morning ladies,

today's workout will be a 30 min itread and hopefully a segment from flexible warrior yoga.

lori- enjoy that nap,lol. great new avatar pic!

I will BBL for personals.

have a great day to all!!

Good morning, cheetah dahlings!

A bit of catching up to do. I stayed later at work yesterday to catch a basketball game (we won a nailbiter against the school where I used to teach) and was suddenly kaput by the time I got home, sometime after 6. Admittedly, I did not work out, and I felt pretty guilty about it. I seem to be craving more rest days lately. I know I have a lot going on, but I'm sort of annoyed that it's interfering with my energy level/workouts. Anyway, I don't care how I feel tonight. I *will* do legs and abs.

Onto personals...

Lori :: That is just awesome that you can sleep on the job! I have a futon in my classroom, and if only I could slow down long enough, it would be tempting.

Lorie :: you’re the best! Thanks for the smiles. :7 My AF’s been all messed up lately b/c of screwing up the BC. Could that be it? Oh, this is for you:
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/tinfoilhatsmile.gif

Wendi :: I would definitely be interested, but I don’t have any scheduled days off in April, so I’d need to take a personal. If I know far enough in advance, I’m sure I can swing it. That’d be fun. Sorry about the rough days. I think I’m with ya in the wheel right now:
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hamwheelsmilf.gif

Marcia :: happy belated b’day and congrats on the newly-acquired TM!! Once a cheetah, always a cheetah, so of course, come on back. And thank you for the compliment. Loved your comment on the strip club thread…Ooh, a new iPod – sweet!…I’m a fan of the iTrains.

Judy :: How’s the DOMS? Hope the light n’ easy run helped flush it out.

Kristi :: glad you’re getting some sinus relief…I’m not a Lost watcher. I think it is something you had to be into from the beginning…Too cute about DS wanting you to run louder.

Wendy :: Have you been to the outlets in Limerick? OMG…they have Coach, baby!
Absolutely, I am up for a GTG. If skiing doesn’t happen, let’s think later in the spring when I get this NB monkey off my back. I think I missed whatever you & Wendi were talking about—something in June?

Christine :: so what will it be? Bosu or kettlebell? Or both? http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/evilgrin.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/evilgrin.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/evilgrin.gif *starts chanting: Bo-su! Bo-su! Bo-su!* CONGRATS on making your goal!!…Thank you for the compliment…Hey, my DSis & BIL aren’t far from West Chester. I’m likin’ the sounds of an East Coast GTG…Cracked up about the New Mexican driving habits.

Carole :: *lol* OK, you’re right. That wasn’t what I was expecting for the blackmail plot. Love the pics!

Sunny :: let us know about the Perfect Pushups. Hope today isn’t as hectic.

Jackie :: thank you…Glad you are feeling better. That does stink about the bubble baths getting the kibosh. Maybe that justifies more massages???

Shelly :: good Lord—you did a lot! Please don't be offended by my asking, but are you, by any chance, ADHD?

Dallas :: sorry about your health scare…but good to know all is well now…do you think you’ll be resuming classes soon? Thanks -- it felt good getting this last observation out of the way. I left my former district after three years, so I’ve never had tenure anywhere…Crackin’ up about you fooling your DS with veggies.

Thomasina :: nothing like a little cabin fever to give ya the shopping itch…lovely snow pic…thank you also for your kind words…that’s funny…my students do call me by a shortened version of my last name, too…liking is nice, but respecting is most important…and they do. They're good kids. Today they are reciting a Langston Hughes poem, and I’m so proud of how well they are doing. I’m surprising them with Philly soft pretzels and juice. I absolutely busted a gut when I saw that cat driving.

Linda :: that is so funny…I was thinking “Happy Cheetah” for you, too…*lol* that you haven’t done the k’bell workouts yet. Oh, you are bad, girl. :7

OK, I think I'm caught up. Have a lovely Thursday, all!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

b]ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] i just had a whole post and my computer froze towards the end and i had to restart it! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

cathy-omg...love that smiley. you KNOW you have to go post that on the oal!!! they will get a huge kick out of it! as for AF, i am not on any bc so i really don't understand what's going on with my cycle. the nurse said it's normal to get a messed up cycle once in a while, but she wants me to track it.

let me try to redo the personals i did:

wendi-i am really liking YFH and eoin. i did the whole routine again last night. i think i am going to get his other ones.

hello to marcia and i hope you had a wonderful birthday!

judy-like i said, i didn't think i would use my bosu enough to love it, but i do! i think it's great! i just wish there were more cardio-based workouts. might have to try that rob glick one.

kristi-i have been watching lost since it started. i like it but think it runs hot and cold. i am anxious to see how tonight's is.

wendy-not silly questions at all. basically, dissertations are usually around 150 pages but can be much longer. it is quite an undertaking because you have to do all the research and conduct the study, etc. there is no time limit for it (which is good). you have to get every step aproved by your committee until you can move on and that can take a while. i think they make it so difficutl because it's the last task you will do until you get your doctorate. maybe they want you to really want it (and suffer for it)!

christine-i have been playing around with the black bean soup recipe every time i make it (adding in stuff). it's a great meal and i love it. i uusually fill a big tupperware with tons and tons of spinach (i love spinach) then pur the soup over it. when it's lunch time, i heat it up. soooo good. i have some crock pot recipes that i collected from people when i posted on OD if you want them.

jackie-eoin did it again and i slept really well after doing his routine.

shelly-definitely try that dvd. i have always HATED yoga but i like eoin and his style.

dallas-great workout yesterday! after getting my HRM, it is amazing how many calories we burn.

posh-i did get a taker on the dvd but i think you should get it!!!

linda-i HATED yoga (tried and tried to like it) but i really like this dvd.

i have GOT TO get moving!!! not sure if i will do KB or EXT or maybe a bit of both. bbl!

Good morning Cheetahville!

This will have to be a fly by and I probably won't get back here until tomorrow morning to catch up with personals. I have to be to work early (imagine that) because I have a ton of riding, a hay delivery, and have to get it all done before bowling tonight.

Oh, I did finally get BC in this morning but, honestly, wasn't really into it. My arse is dragging this week, mostly due to the goings on and environment at work. I'll snap out of it, I promise. It's just very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, you know?

Okay, done with self centered post. Love ya gals! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hi Ladies-

I am here quickly too. I have not read yesterdays posts yet.

Lori- Your new avatar picture is very flattering. I hope you can get that nap in.

Cathy- I still have Doms in my outer quads, I believe it is from trying to do Grace's runner speeds for too long. B&G never gave me lingering quad pain before.

Wendi & Wendy- I would love to know about a GTG if it is anywhere near Manhattan I can visit DD and justify it. Also DD#2 needs to go on college visits and perhaps she will pick some closer to a few Cheetahs ( I can hope!)

Today will be a bosu cardio ,probably a step mix of Cathe's, and S&H biceps, & triceps. I am changing up my schedule and doing straight up yoga tomorrow and the long run on Saturday to rest properly. This cheetah is learning that a full rest day is still needed even if one of the other days is yoga only.

OK I hope to be back after reading a bit, getting in that workout and my to do list and a meeting.

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Im Back:) Im at work now and I probably don't have much more energy then I did earlier! LOL When I was leaving for work DH said, " I don't know how you get up so early to run" And I said " I don't know either" Could it be mor of a obssesions then dedication? hehe;)
I forgot to mention that I have DOMS in my bics and tris from yesterdays workout, even though I did tris on Tues.I must have used them yesterday as well.
So I got a 3 mile run in,4DS BC and ME abs. Long enough workout when your low on energy and BC took every ounce of energy I had in me, out! LOL

Cathy** Napping in the daytime probably isn't the "best" idea;) but with no boss around and nothing to do, why not? Just a little 10 mins nap,sitting up with my head on my hand, thats all. :) The older guy who use to own this place still comes around in the mornings though. He is my bosses FIL. He is quit capable of calling here throughout the day and he always shows up in the morning. I hope you get your workout in today!

Lorie** You have the right to use tantrum girl today after losing your post. It takes a long time to write personnals and then to do them over? Id lose my mind...actuallty, I have lost my mind. I got into the habit of copying my post before I posted it.

Wendi** Have a good day!

Judy** Thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to get a tan again:) Although my arms don't looks pasty white, they always look better tanned...then again, who doesn't? LOL Enjoy your workout today! SOunds like you have a great week planned!

Okey,Dokey...off to read some more threads!

Posted by Christine:
>It's there, sweetie - "Thursday in the Cheetah Den" started
>by Lori (Gidget). I missed it too.

Then Lori is NOT allowed to start the thread anymore cause the last time I missed it, she had also started it!:p

Sunny: I ordered NROL4W from Amazon last night! Do the X+ rotation with me now and I'll do a NROL4W rotation with you after that!!!}( I can't wait to hear your take on the perfect push up bars!

Christine: Oh I am loving my TJ's! So much fun! :)

Carole: I was rolling when I read this: "This is all about mind over matter, you have lost your mind and it really doesn't matter anymore!!" :7 :7 :7 Soooo true!:p

Marcia: Happy Ipod shopping!}( Yes, definately use the weighted gloves for TJ. AWESOME!

Jackie: LOL at the lopsided legs comment from y'day but it's true! I'd have to work the otherside too!

Shelly: It will be fun to GTG in June wether we can find a race or not! I'm looking forward to it. The TJ's can be as intense as you want them to be. Although they are probably TECHNICALLY not as "advanced" as Cathe's kikboxing work outs, they definately have the potential if you want to give it your all. Chalene is very motivating and dancey and really makes you want to move. Add the weighted gloves and you've got yourself a winner for sure! That's IMHO anyway.:)

Dallas: Great work out yesterday! I don't blame you for not wanting to go upstairs! LOL

Thomasina: I am talking myself off the kettlebell ledge on a daily basis now. The darned enabling never stops around here! LOL All of you west coast cheetahs are more then welcome to crash our GTG!:7

Kristi: How did your run go last night? Let me know when you get the X+!!!

Linda: Holy cow talk about workin' the abs! Ab Jam's standing portion gave me oblique DOMS like crazy that I was VERY aware of during y'day's work out! I STILL have it today! }(

Lorie: What work out did you do today?

Wendy** MAYBE certain Cheetahs should go to bed earlier and then their eyes will work properly in the morning!:+ :+ :p :p }( }( ;) ! Take that!

I've been goin' to bed late for WEEKS and haven't had this problem with anyone else's post so take THAT!:p ;) :7 }( :)

Good Morning All!

Today is my shopping day! I’ll see what I get! I did get a nice enough check for a BOSU AND another kettlebell, so I’m happy. If y’all could only have one BOSU workout, which would it be? :p My workout will be KBX today. Yay! Fun one!

Lorie – Hope you get in your power nap! Sounds like BC is wiping out everyone! My DH says the same thing about getting up so early to workout. It’s usually when we go to a party and by 10PM, I’m dragging. :p

Sunny – Enjoy your workouts! Sounds like a nice one!

Cathy – Oh how fun! I love school sports! YAY team for pulling off a nail biter! Have fun doing legs and abs tonight - *sends energy vibes* Oh, you are an evil lady!! It’s BOTH. Dagnabit! I’m not joking about New Mexicans – and it’s ALL of them – not just one segment of the population. Whenever I see a car pulling from the far left lane to the far right lane with the left turn signal on, I look and sure enough, even here in California the car has New Mexico tags. It’s amazing. That smiley for Lorie is priceless.

Lorie – Oh man! Sorry you had to re-write everything! I’d love the recipes, but I don’t have a crock pot. I could probably adapt them, though. :p I love soups. I make a soup or a chili once a week in the winter and eat off of it the rest of the week. YUM!

Wendi – I hope things get better for you! You give so much of yourself! I’m thinking of ya!

Judy – Good job at listening to your body. Can you send me some wisdom? Have fun on your college visits! I get to do that next year for DD15. OMG! She cannot be that old! I cannot be that old! :p Sounds like a good workout.

I’ll be back after my shopping spree. :p Enjoy all!

Good morning Cheetahs! This will need to be a quick post because I need to get started on some work. I'm pretty tired this morning. Last night I felt a migraine coming on when I went to bed. I slept restlessly until about 1. Then Sadie, my cocker, woke me to go outside. I still have a slight headache so I took some tylenol and went back to bed. After that DS woke me up twice and DD woke me up once. 5:45 came way too early this morning. Today I plan to do weights during lunch, probably a mish mosh of different workouts. LOST starts tonight. I can't wait. The kids will definitely be in bed by 8 so I can watch the 2 hour episode.

Well, I need to go. I'll BBL. Waves to all my cheetah friends.

*Puts fingers in ear* La La La - WILL NOT BE ENABLED! *sighs*

Wendy - the TJ's sound fun! I've always been on the fence about them, but I'm so afraid Charlene would drive me to throw a round house into the TV. Is she just motivating or does she add a good dose of perky in there? Glad I could provide a roadmap to the Cheetah thread. :p

Wnedy**Ugh! Well..lets just say that in the REAL Cheetah world, Cheetahs would get tossed out of the den for starting fights! Lucky for you, I can't do that...but if I were a real pussy cat, you would be roaming for Zebras all by yourself! BLAH!:7 :7 :7 :7 hehehe

Good morning cheetahs

hmmm, I am sensing a cheetah spat here..:D

Lori...hope you get in that power nap! LOL, I have always thought of my running as an obsession!!

Sunny...I saw those perfect push-up bars at Target...didn't buy them though...:)..thanks re Sadie, she seemed to love the snow once she got out in it. Enjoy your iTread and warrior yoga.

Cathy...sounds like a fun basketball game to watch. I don't think you should feel guilty about your hectic schedule getting in the way of a workout. I can only imagine your line of work can be very time consuming. Your workouts will always be there for you, and I know when you have time you get it done!...I hope today is not too hectic so you can do legs and abs. Thanks re the pics..:)

Lorie...sorry about the AF visit. It can wear you out sometimes. I hope you have a good kbx or EXT workout today.

Wendi...I know there is a light at the end of your tunnel! Sounds like a very busy work day but when you get thru it you can relax and enjoy bowling...:)

Judy..so far I am still doing yoga or pilates on my rest day and it seems to be working well, I always found it hard to even take a rest day!

Wendy...I said that in the last miles of the Tahoe marathon as at mile 13 my ITB (for some reason) flared up in the knee area and the last 13 miles was torture, so I throughly believed it!! So what is NROL4W?

Jackie...I am not sure how long we will stay at the potluck. I do want to get in some yoga or Pilates that day too. Funny, I have done that Slo-mo premix and definitely noticed the error on the Jefferson squats. So glad you are feeling better.

Shelley...I can imagine thoughts of moving could mess with your nap a bit. wow! you got a lot done besides a great workout. I had a blast in the snow as we rarely get it.

Christine...well at least the bribe worked for my DH, now I hope the exercises will help. He has been in pain for a long time due to being sedentary. Sadie really did enjoy the snow and later in the day we had fun out in it. Glad you liked the pics...Good job with Hi/Lo dome. Way to go matching Amy's weight in C&B.

Dallas...good Kickboxing workout yesterday and then GSLegs standing..I can see why your legs felt like jello!! We do go a bit crazy with snow pics here as it usually only snows up in the mountains, so it is fun when it is down a bit lower. LOL about the Sneaky Chef cookbook and your son.

Posh...you are sure right about the Calif drivers not knowing how to drive in snow...umm...DUH, you do NOT have to go your usual 10 miles OVER the speed limit when it snows as you will CRASH!...tailgating is my one pet peeve about driving and when you drive the speed limit, you always get tailgated. When it happens to me I turn up my Christian music station so I won't stick my finger out the window, although they are not shooting up here yet...:D . Your snow pic is great, you got a lot of it..love the kitty driver, I have often wondered about why the heck people have blinkers??...DH did his exercises again tonight...I did get a few chuckles when I said that in the Tahoe marathon, just glad nobody slapped me!

Kristi...with Amy's Slo-mo, I feel you really have to go light the 1st few times to feel the exercises in the right area. 3.5 miles of hard hills is tough!!

Linda...I like most storms except wind as it is so damaging. Snow is just so peaceful and pretty as it falls. Thanks re my pics. I do hope you can use the "mind over matter" phrase..:)

I am planning on GS C&T and a 4 mile run in probably the rain (see Lori, I am obsessed!!!)...

Have a great day...

OMG, TOO FUNNY!:7 :7 :7

Lorie: You are a trip, girl! Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning!:* I guess I can forgive you for PURPOSELY hiding your posts from me and making me think I am losing it!:p

Christine: I have asked lots of folks thier opinnions on TJ and I have not gotten a negative response yet in regards to the work outs OR Chalene's personality. Most people say they love her. The only thing some have said is that the work outs are too easy. I for one, do not agree with that though...ESPECIALLY if you have those weighted gloves! OMG!}( Linda and Jackie have the TJ's and like them as well so if you don't believe me, you can ask them!:p I certainly undestand your concern about her being annoying! :)
Perhaps the next time I can't find a started Cheetah thread I will just not post until I see it. I will NOT embarrass myself a THIRD time!:p :7

So I was supposed to get up early to do Turbo Sculpt and then head to the gym for a run. I didn't get my butt up early enough for TS so I think I will put off the run until tmrw and do TS and some KBX combos at nap time instead. :)

Hi Carole.

NROL4W is The New Rules of Lifting 4 Women. There's been alot of chatter about this book being a goody on the forums so I couldn't resist! I also ordered 101 work outs for women which is put out my M&F Hers magazine. :)

YIKES, having pain at mile 13 of a FULL marathon? How did you ever finish? :eek: I give you LOADS of credit!!!!

>Hi Carole.
>
>NROL4W is The New Rules of Lifting 4 Women. There's been alot
>of chatter about this book being a goody on the forums so I
>couldn't resist! I also ordered 101 work outs for women which
>is put out my M&F Hers magazine. :)
>
>YIKES, having pain at mile 13 of a FULL marathon? How did you
>ever finish? :eek: I give you LOADS of credit!!!!

Thanks Wendy..I have read about that book here!! Not sure how I finished...the downhills were killer but then again, I was younger then...:D...and you are a sweetie...:)

Carole - it's a good obsession! :p I try to avoid sticking fingers out of windows, too - it's soo crass. :p Glad your bribe worked! Show him the article I posted (now on page two) from Scientific American stating that a sendetary life style leads to premature aging. I'm glad he has you for a wife - you'll get him moving.

Wendy - thanks for the info on Turbo Jam. I'm still on the fence - we'll see. For now I have other new toys to play with!

Found that my local Target has a BOSU in stock, so I will be picking it up over lunch! I will also get Iron Core and another Kettlebell. I also have to preorder Cathe's STS - so I'll be competiting with Posh today on a spending spree! :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.