^^^^^^CHEETAHS...rollin into Saturday!^^^^^^

lederr

Cathlete
okay, for some reason, i woke up at 0330 and could not fall back to sleep so i decided to get on the computer and wander through catheland then read until i fall asleep again. i think sadie's snoring woke me up! she was sleeping right next to me and all of a sudden, i was aware of her snoring! linus us right nex to to me curled in a ball.

so, i am thinking of doing a circuit w/o later as well as classical stretch. i am trying to do CS at least 2-3x's a week. i can't tell yet if it's making a difference. i have been doing the athlete's stretch because i enjoy that one more than the first one. although, i don't love the barre work but i really like the additional 15 minutes at the end. miranda does crack me up. she's so kooky!

i also have to do cleanmax today. yuck! a gator friend is coming over to watch the heisman presentation tonight (and if TIM TEBOW doesn't win i am going to be so angry!!!x( x( x( ) and i want the house to be clean. i did a MAJOR clean last saturday, so it shouldn't be that bad. if only i could tackle that ginormous pile of laundry i need to fold...

so, thanks to all of you for helping me through this INCREDIBLY difficult time. the consensus from you guys as well as my close friends is that i should not be treated like i have and he is completely wrong about the christmas thing (not to mention vegas). if he thought it might be "uncomfortable" for his dear mommy then he should either take me and make her suck it up or stay with me. to me, that he is doing neither speaks volumes. i have decided not to communicate with him at all for a while and see how i feel. i have to say, for me, out of sight is out of mind more than absence makes the heart grow fonder.

anyway, like i said last night, i will stop being such a needy cheetah soon, but it is SO GREAT to have you guys to sound off to.

i am so enjoying my cards! they are on my fireplace. it's the only thing christmas-y i have. i usually go all-out with decorating but i thought we were going to be gone. also, i didn't want to start decorting without him (we had planned on doing it during thanskgiving) but he left before the weekend. that's okay. less clean up and i am going to be spending the holiday with my two best friends and their families.

wow, i sure am chatty at 0400 in the morning!

i hope you lovely ladies are having a wonderful saturay morning!

Good morning cheetahs. It's been a slow nite which is just as well since I've been off for a while and a busy nite would be difficult to mentally handle. I did get my christmas cards done:7 :7 .

Lorie- You are in a chatty mood for so early in the morning! I think you have thought out this business with your DF very thouroughly and in an intelligent and rational way. I'm quite impressed!! I'm in agreement with the majority here BTW and a time out where you avoid contact with him is a good move. My DH had alot of "issues" prior to getting married that I wont bore you with but we broke off all contact for several weeks at one time. It really helped refocus things and realize where our priorities are. Anyway, this February we'll have been married for 23 yrs and we're still going strong.
Obviously, it may work out just the opposite for you and you may realize that the best future for you is one without him, but my point is a cooling off no contact period may very well clear the air and point the right direction for you one way or another. You have a great support system in the meantime and I have no worries for you!
Have a great time with your circuit workout and stretch today.

Wendy- woooohooooo!!! Fantastic news about Joey's EEG. I'm am so thrilled for you!!! What a relief it must be for you and your DH!

Susan- How is the hip today? Poor baby, you've definitely had more than your fair share of injuries!!

Thomasina- That's a big change for you (hair cut) I'm betting it will feel so good getting rid of that "mane".

Christine- Glad to hear that your achilles tendon isn't troubling you anymore!!

Today will likely be a rest day but I'll play it by ear and see how I feel. I haven't really had a rest day since running my marathon last Sunday. I don't really feel the need for a rest but my brain tells me it's the wise thing to do and once in a while I do listen! ;-)

ShellyC

Good morning, Lorie, Shelly, and all the fine cheetahs who follow! :)

I'm not too far behind you, Lorie. I've been up since quarter after 4. Creature of habit, I guess.

Lorie :: More (((HUGS))) and support comin' your way!...I emailed you.

Wendi & Linda :: thanks for your cards! :) Puts a smile on my face getting cheetah greetings.

Today will be a run (if weather cooperates) plus 4DS premix #10 (CST). If it's nasty out there, I'll go with Keith.

Have a great day, everyone!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hello early bird cheetahs...:)

lorie- i have the upmost faith you will make the right decision for yourself. i have to say i also echo the same thoughts as the smart ladies that have given you advice. however no matter what, you have to do what feels right for you. i bet it feels to good to have all of your cleaning done:D

shelly- a rest day???, you take those, lol. just kiddin' with ya. enjoy your day!!

wendy- wonderful, wonderful news re: joey!! yea, give him a big kiss on the cheek from me, lol.

cathy- enjoy your run today or your time with keith;) . have you checked out the new itrains?

wendi- i received your card. thank you so much for the sweet message!

well my week kinda got screwy and i never got around to do the 4DS kc/bc premix, so that is what i am doing today. just as soon as this headache i woke up with goes awayx( .

ttyl.....:)

Good morning all!

This will have to be a post and run. I've got to be to work earlier this morning but hopefully will get out early enough tonight to get my tree and catch up with everyone!

No workout this morning due to time crunch and getting most of my outside lights up this morning...priorities, right :p ;) lol. I do hope to squeeze in Low Max tonight, somewhere.

I do want to send {{{HUGS}}} to Lorie and, if I may, I agree with all of the excellent advice that has been offered already. You don't deserve to be pushed to the side. Hang in there!

Okay, gotta go for now. I'll see ya guys tonight!

AhhhhSaturday!
Hi Cheetahs. What is everyone up to today?

Lorie- You have gotten some helpful comments here. I agree with the Cheetah general opinion. This man is being controlled by mama and until he becomes an independent thinker, time apart is a good choice IMO. A man or woman has to put his spouse (or DF) first in his life. No room for compromise . This is something my mother taught us from childhood.

Shelly- Yes a rest day sounds like a much needed option for you.

Susan- Oh no not a hip issue! how does it feel today? Can you do some gentle stretching?

Cathy- How was dinner last night?

Christine- Easing back into running is a good idea. I did not remember you having Achilles issues. When does DD 18 finish exams?

This morning is a short run. Then family activities, and tonight we have DH's work Christmas Party.

Enjoy your Saturday Cheetahs

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi Girls.

UGH, I have no time for my work out or to post personals.

We have a 10:30 am wedding to attend and I didn't get my arse out of bed early enough to get things accomplished beforehand. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Today will likely be my rest day but if I can find the time I may squeeze in a work out later. We'll see what happens. :)

I'll catch up on personals later or tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Lorei...Wow, you were up early. I am so sorry about all this DF stuff. I can't really add anything to the advice you have gotten, just listen to your heart and like Cathy said.."You deserve better"...sending {{{HUGS}}}.I will be doing cleanmax along with you...

Cathy...Yes DH has redeemed himself...:)...I was very happy to run pain free. Enjoy your 4DS premix and run.

Shelly...I plan on working on my X-mas cards this weekend. How often do you get snow? Thanks, I cracked up when I got that email of the X-mas tree so I had to forward!! Thanks also re my Anniversary...sometimes hard to believe I have been married more than half of my life! Salt Lake City sounds like a good plan for you. How is the course? You have me laughing about listening to your body sometimes...as the wise thing to do. We do have that in common...:)..Enjoy your well deserved rest day.

Judy..how was the X-mas party last night?

Wendi...I hope to get my tree up today also.

Jackie...My DH was quite sweet this Anniversary...:)..I am keeping my fingers crossed for a new DVD player for you...Good job with 4DS BC.

Sunny..thanks for the TT website. Sorry about the headache, I hope it leaves ASAP.

Wendy...great news about Joey!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/clap2.gif[/img] Good job with ARX and C&B. Have fun at the wedding!!

Susan...So sorry about the groin pain! Hopefully just a pull of some sort and rest and ice will be very good...:)..Thank you for your very sweet card...:)

Tomasina...How did the haircut turn out? I hope we can see pics...:)...Glad your queasy stomach went away...

Christine..so nice to ear the achilles is better.

Last night was our shop X-mas party. We went to a Mexican restaurant, it was good. We do get a bit loud when we all get together and some couple in the restaurant asked if we were performers!!...when someone later asked what we did, I blurted out we worked for a local funeral home...I just cannot control my mouth sometimes...http://www.emotihost.com/glass14/6.gif[/img]

Today will be a circuit...not sure which one, maybe HSC.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning to Cheetahville!:)

Im not overflowing with energy today. DS was up half the night with the cold or teething, not sure which b/c they have the same symptoms. Either way, he had a terrible night and so did we!
I wanted to get a long run in today but Im not sure what will happen. I have him put down for his nap and then I will start my run. We will see what happens as the time goes!

Wendy** Have fun at the wedding!

Lorie** Prehaps I should have mailed DS to YOU at 4 in the morning! LOL Enjoy your workout!

Shelly** Glad to hear you finally have those christmas cards done.

Judy** Have fun at the party...don't get to drunk;)

Wendi** Hope you have a good day at work, happy decorating~! My trees are done but I still have decorations to put up around the house.

Carole** I have those "open mouth, insert foot" days to! Glad to hear you had a good time!

Sunny** Hope you get that workout in you have been planning!

Is that it? I probably forgot someone but time isn't on my side today!
Hoping to get cards mailed out today and the gift in the mail on Mon. Hopefully it will arrive before christmas..prehaps I will buy an express envelope!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

DH and I went out for dinner last night and had a nice time. We went to an Italian Restaurant in a little town called Los Gatos that is one of my favorite towns. It was fun. Today I have to work off that Rigatone! I am feeling it a little in my achilles, but not as bad as before, so I’ll be doing something low impact – not sure what though. I’ll figure it out. :p

Lorie – Sounds like you have your head on straight and are handling you DF issues very well. I really admire you for the way you are handling this. I hope Tim Tebow wins!!! Glad you have wonderful plans for Christmas and will be enjoying yourself!! Enjoy your circuit and stretch!

Shelly – I cannot even imagine how tough working a night shift must be after 8 days off! Enjoy your rest day, if you manage it!

Judy – Ever since training for my half, I’ve been having achilles issues. I think I followed too aggressive of a training schedule. Fortunately, 10.6 miles is easier to train for than 13.1! Enjoy your run and family activities, and have fun at DH’s office Christmas Party!

Cathy – Sounds like you have a great workout planned! Hope the weather cooperates – although I do enjoy Keith. :p I’ve been battling my DH for my iPod. He’s really getting into the Cardio Coach and iTrain workouts.

Sunny – Hope your headache goes away! I hate those! I had a low grade one all day yesterday due to the weather. They are not fun! Enjoy your 4DS KC/BC Premix!

Wendi – Have fun at work today! I have to dig in and get my Christmas stuff done, too. I’ll be watching football and doing cards tomorrow.

Wendy – Have fun at the wedding!

Carole - I loved that Christmas Tree, too – it as very timely as well! :+ Sounds like you had a blast at the Christmas Party! You crack me up with your off-the-wall comments. I would have howled had I been at your table! Love your Elfyourself with your DH! How fun!

Lori – Hope DS feels better and you do too! Good luck getting everything done!

My day today is a workout (maybe a circuit – we’ll see), then grocery shopping, then getting a tree. We’ll have to let the tree sit in the garage for the evening because it’s been wet here. Tomorrow I’ll decorate and do cards. Have fun today everyone!!

Well, I finally decided on what I'm doing - A Spinervals Sweating Buckets and PLB mish mosh. Of course I've been dillydallying so I'm starting late. Oh well... :p

Good morning cheetahs,
The hip is feeling a lot better today. I think the rest day and the chiro adjustment really helped. I am just going to do the elliptical and some light stretching today. We are having friends over for Thai food later. I love just getting take out and sitting around the table with girlfriends and chatting it up.

I have to start preparing for my annual cookie exchange party. I love doing it but always get a littles stressed before hand.

Lorie wow, you are one early bird cheetah. I am going to order the classical stretch athlete dvd. It sounds like a good one from what I have been hearing. I agree that this is one of the most supportive group of women I have ever met:)

Shelly, thanks for asking about the hip. Yes, it is a lot better today. I think what I have learned through all of these injuries this year is to give your body a break when it is telling you. Take that rest day and enjoy it!

Judy, the hip is better. How has your hip been doing? What was your issue that you had and how did you fix it? Have fun at your xmas party tonight:)

Cathy, are you loving your elliptical? It is so nice to have a way to crosstrain and to still get a kick butt workout. Thank you so much for your thoughtful card.

Sunnydelite, get rid of that headache and get that KB/BC done. I find that the workout will usually get rid of any headache I get.

Wendi, Low max sounds like a fun one to do. I never do that dvd and I really like it, but I never think to do it. There is definitley a fun factor to it. Enjoy putting those lights up:)

Wendy, have fun at the wedding. I always enjoy going to a wedding and there is usually delicious food. Hope you get your workout in today, if not, you will make up for it tomorrow}(

Carole, you do have a wicked sense of humor. Mexian food sounds yummy! I love a good burrito and the chips and salsa..... Enjoy your circuit workout. Oh and I am glad you got your xmas card!

Lori, Oh I remember the days when my kids got up due to teething and other ailments. It feels so good to sleep throught the night now. I hope you maybe can get a nap in later. Don't sweat it if you can't get the run in. There is always tomorrow:)

Christine, I also love Los Gatos. My hubby and I used to go to the Plumed horse all the time before we had kids. I have not been to that area in years.... Enjoy your spinnervals workout!

Well ladies, I am off to workout and then I have to run to Kohls and pick up some things.

have a great day friends!

Susan

Afternoon, cheetahs! :) How is it already 5 pm??

Judy :: dinner was really good…we went to a favorite Asian seafood spot…I had the Asian Pear Salad (to die for) and everything crusted tilapia with a mango salsa and the most delectable sweet potatoes…yummm. Have fun @ the Christmas party tonight!

Wendy :: how was the wedding?

Carole :: :7 :7 :7 at your funeral home line…and also that they thought you were “performers.” *lol*…Your two elves were funny…how’d you get both of you on there?

Lori :: sorry you were kept up all night...hope tonight you get your zzzz's.

Christine :: I say give DH your iPod and buy a new, better version! :)… thought my Nano was a goner today…my computer crashed about 3 times while it was in the middle of syncing and then would not reboot…the Nano wound up in a frozen state, but luckily, I was able to reset it…whew! Saw some really sweet pairs of skis today when I was dropping my off for winter treatment.

Susan :: glad your hip is feeling better…enjoy the night with the girlfriends ~ sounds fun!…Yes, I love the EXT! I am seeing how much my body appreciates no-impact.

Shelly :: did you enjoy your rest day or are you goin' nuts? :)

Wendi :: Hope you were able to get done early and get your tree.

I lucked out…we had dry skies and temps in the 50s today, so I was able to head for a run this afternoon – yippee!! Put in 3.0 miles and then followed that with the 4DS CST premix…whatta burn.

OH, and I received my cheetah package in the mail today. :) :) :)

after 2 hours of cleaning, i did circuit max (i had forgotten how fun that one is) and the 4DS LIS step combos and finished product. i finally got that stupid step sweep move that was haunting me!!! after that, i did stretching on the ball with a stretch dvd. all in all, i feel pretty good. i would like to go for a run tomorrow.

i have been keeping busy and am DETERMINED not to call DF (i hate to even call him that at this point). I WILL NOT CONTACT HIM AT ALL!!! it is difficult, though.

Lori...sorry about DS's bad might, and yours too..:(...Luckily for me everyone cracked up at the blurted out comment!!

Christine...you are too sweet...:)...sounds like you will get in a good rigatoni burn off workout!

Susan...glad to hear the hip is better. My sense of humor does surprise me on occasion...:)..Enjoy your EXT and stretching...

Cathy...thanks....you are a sweetie too...:)...I think you can have up to 4 people on the Elf thing...you just upload one pic and then you can do another. So happy you got to go outside for your run! Good workout...

Lorie..I agree with Cathy, unplug the phone!!

I ended up doing SJP, but subbed in Lowmax 1&2 intervals instead of the SJP step...the music in that one always inspires me and I have a fun workout...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.