/\/\/\clean-it-up-thursday/\/\/\

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Got to bed at a decent hour and was able to get up and workout! After all your C&W talk last night I decided to do the cardio from that as well. It was fun! It's hard to do them all without rest or recovery but it was good! I started to do a core max seg but realized I was far too sore so opted for a stretch max instead. I'm really enjoying those but like every Fit TV WO I've done, I'm frustrated that it's stopped by commercials and that I don't get the whole thing. I'll order it soon. Trying to watch money right now.

Today I need to clean the upstairs of my house. Pretty fun, huh? I'm also going to make a cake for Ellie's birthday and go pick up a cake for her class tomorrow. They won't let me bring a homemade one so I have to buy one. Weird. Whatever...

OK... I'll be back soon. I'm determined to stay clean today. Yesterday was good until I was baking cookies. I snacked on lots of skittles that were sitting on my counter from the goodie bags for Ellie's class. Ugh. On a brighter note, I only had one cookie! :)

Angie: mmmm, Skittles! Love Skittles! ^5 on the am workout. SM is definitely a good one, get it when you can. Do you have another trip to the states planned?
Morris: your son ate pesto? Collin would laugh in my face if I tried to feed him pesto! When does DH come home?
Klaudia: did Danica get in trouble for her pony tail? Right now, while your mind is clear, make a list of rainy day activities for 5 kids.
Kate: reading about your dinner made my mouth water. Do you make bread with white flour? I would never be able to resist that...
Robin: how was your meatless meal last night?
Colleen: I don't know what to say about the job stuff... But it definitely sucks! I almost never hear of you cheating so don't sweat the not-so-clean snacking yesterday.
Anne: when is your HM? Re: Jim, I don't really know what to say other than to offer my support and prayers.
Patti: you are gorgeous in your picture!
Lisa: do you know how long you will be living in Hawaii?

So yesterday's food was weird but clean... The luncheon was a success - I ate lots of salad and half of a wrap with turkey and veggies. The dessert tray was beautiful, but I had my coworkers try each thing and rate it and then decided it wasn't worth even the three bites that Kate recommended. Hooray!

By the time I got home from work, I had a debilitating headache... It was awful... So I layed down in a dark room for a few minutes rather than cooking dinner. Chris and Collin fended for themselves, and I ate the ole standby - cereal!

This morning I am going to do shoulders and tris from the disk I never finished yesterday. Someone (maybe Klaudia) asked if I was going meso 2 and one bp per day - I wasn't planning on it, but it just worked out that way when I overslept!

Be back in a few...

morning!

angie, our elem school wont allow homemade either!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
good job w/ the wo!
and only 1 cookie - my hero!:D
happy early bday to ellie!

katie, good job yday!
hope u have a great wo today!
yes, the bread was w/ white flour.... m refuses to eat ww:rolleyes::rolleyes:

-
we have no plans today. better think up something!
running tonight w/ laura - doing a no-rain dance!

Good morning Katie! Sorry about your headache last night! ^^5 on skipping the dessert tray! I'm so proud of you! We aren't going back home until probably October but for sure for Christmas. We'll see about Oct. I'm not anxious to go back for a while. The travel part is so hard!

Kate, hope you have a great day and I'm sending you no rain vibes.

Anybody have good Father's day gift ideas from the kids?

Also, somebody posted a couple of days ago about a chicken and couscous dinner... was it Morris? I would love the details/recipe. I have both of those things and am looking for something to make for dinner tonight!

Will be out for the afternoon. BBL.

i am sick of rain! yesterdya was so beautiful, but of course, when dh is back finally, it will be raining for the next 4 days. i better be prepared to get wet. i am sick of the tm.

angie, have fun cake baking. i am making choc bananna cupcakes for finn's school b-day, but his request is bananna cream pie for his home b-day (sunday). good wo!

katie, great job witht he eats and wo. once finn tried the pesto, he was hooked. most of the time he tells me he tells me he does not llike something before he tries it.

kate, how is julia feeling? i hope the rain holds off for your run.

i was going to sleep in, but aidan woke at 4, needed his medicine anyways, so by the time i finished all that and nursing, i decided to just wo. did a 5 milke interval run and bm2 blasts. chest and tris on tap for later. eats have been really clean, and i will keep it that way as i am SLOWLY seeing results. why is it that 2-3 days of indulgence takes so long to repair??? anyways, home day again with the boys, but we [ick dh up at the airport this afternoon. i am ready for some help, but again, need to not be too resentful of his week vacation. i truly would not want to be away that much from my kids. but, i'd settle for 6 hrs:p bbiab

angie, we're brainstorming dads day too. i think im buying him a large gun safe but i doubt that helps you much!:p

morris, 6 hrs alone would be all-out magical!
glad you had a good wo!

-
i dont want to whine, but send me some hugs please. i got about 2 hrs of sllep lst night. dont know whats going on w/ j - teething, constipated???? mike didnt want to help last night because he said he needed sleep to deal w/ his day today. i sent him a scathing email this morning and am so ready to fall apart crying.

(((hugs))) Kate!! Sorry you got no sleep! There is nothing worse. Hopefully G can be helpful today and you can get some rest... Take J to doc? This is so unlike her!

Hey ladies, I had a 7:40 Dr appt so I'm just waiting. Nothing is wrong, just med management. DH has pissed me off this morning - details later so I'm in a bad mood.

Kate, sorry about the lack of sleep and lack of help!
Morris, hope DH gives you some down time.

I'll check back on lunch.

Katie, Sucky DH's abound this morning!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: I feel your pain!
Hope the dr gets you out fast!

Angie, Thanks! Gina just came in as I was sitting here crying and said "you can take a nap during Silent Reading, Mama!" ....which was so sweet it made me cry harder!:)

Hey all!

Woke up off the couch last night with a kink in my neck that still hasn't gone away:( Think I need to take some Motrin. Hopefully it won't affect my workout later-L&G cause I never ended up doing it last night. Taking my kids to the library at 11 for the Summer Reading Kickoff and then we have some shopping to do. Danica has dance at 4. I can't wait for recital to be over-I need a break!

Angie, how 'bout if I tell you I ate oh, maybe 9 fudge stripe cookies last night in a mindless sugar binge? A few years ago we made Darrin a t-shirt that said "World's Best Daddy Hands Down" and then had the girls put their handprints on it-he still wears it:)

Katie, that is definitely what I need to do. I had made up a schedule, I just need to implement it. Danica came home in a ponytail too but didn't say anything. I'll have to ask her. She really is a good kid, very mature for her age and that makes me forget she's only 9 1/2. Great job on lunch yesterday! If I worked, I don't know if I'd be able to resist all the treats.

Kate, hugs to you, babe! Lack of sleep when you have no kids is one thing, but with 3 kiddos, it's so hard. Take Julia to the doctor-maybe she has an ear infection? Nevena went in for pink eye on New Years and actually had a double ear infection-no fever, nothing! At least it will ease your mind. Go run-even if it rains! It'll make you feel better.

Morris, good job on the workout! And your b-day treats sound awesome! I would be putting dh to work asap! I fear I would not do very well as a military wife or a businessman's wife. You have the patience of a saint!

Colleen, no words, just hoping this is the catalyst you need to truly move forward. It will be ok. And your few treats did no damage, trust me.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Kate! I know all about falling apart crying! I'm sorry you got no sleep and J is so fussy. Do you want me to go beat up Mike?

Angie, isn't C&W fun? Buttercup, don't break my heeeaarrttttt....

Katie, sorry for the headache and the bad DH and mood this morning. Hopefully things will get better as the day goes on.

Morris, rain, rain, go away!

Robin, how was dinner last night? Did your kids like it?

Colleen, I'm sorry about the job stuff. That is so stressful. At least you have a new toy to play with, right?

Klaudia, just 3 kids today, right? And they're your own, so it makes a difference, doesn't it? It's gray and blah here, I hope the sun comes out on your side of the state!

Hi Patti and Lisa!

Jim called last night and told me he'll be back either really late tomorrow or early on Saturday. They're driving back today. Therapy was fine. I need to decide what I want to do. It's just so hard because I don't know what I want. I love the house I'm in, but it's a lot of work for one person. We'll see.

I'm getting a pedicure tonight, which is one of my very favorite things to do, so that will be fun. I also need to do bis, tris, and abs. But, even if I don't get to them today I can do them tomorrow. bbiab

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

I just have a few minutes before I have to run off to all of meetings. There's extra meetings today to discuss not winning the contract. Ugh! Anyway, I am determined to keep it clean today. I just need to eat my healthy snacks so I don't binge.

Anne, a pedicure sounds great! I really need to get one too.
Klaudia, I used to love summers because I could go to the library and read. I hope everyone enjoys it today.
Morris, I hear you about the rain. We had rain yesterday and again today. The weatherman said Sunday will be nice.
Katie, I hate those awful headaches. Hope your day gets better.
Angie, I love C&W cardio. I am always a sweaty mess. Too bad it isn't longer.
Kate, sorry about the lack of sleep. Hope you get a nap in.

w/o was 4DS KB
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad
s: blueberries w/ yogurt, chopped veggies
d: pork chops, rice, maybe asparagus salad (or another veggie)

(((Kate))) it's hard being a mommy! J doesn't have a fever? Maybe you should take her to the doctors. She usually sleeps well at night.

Angie that's funny no homemade cakes. How would they know it's not homemade? If you save the box for next time;). I know in NY they don't allow cakes at all, they want cupcakes only.

Katie sorry about the headache are you feeling better.

Morris doesn't it seem like 1 day of indulgence take 1 week to get back into shape.

Klaudia when is the recital...and the library trip is a good idea.

Anne I'll help beat up the dads. Enjoy your pedie. Just a suggestion...keep the house if you can and then move later on in the year. It's hard to make a good decision when you are under stress.

(((Colleen))) sorry about the extra meetings and the problems at work. It's so scary with this economy.
-------
W/o Amy Dynamic kbell premix 2
b-raisin bran and banana
l-spinach salad and tuna
s-fruit and crackers
d-I need to defrost some BBL

Last edited:
kate, just a thought, but can you call in reinforcements? perhaps a parent or your sisters so you can get a break?

robin, good words of wisdom to anne. nice wo this am.

colleen, sorry for all the meetings. glad you got your wo in. any fun dates with dh to perk things up a bit?

anne, i am glad you went to therapy, and i will send prayers your way for jim's return.

katie, hope dr was quick and efficient. hope headaches stay away for the day.

klaud, good luck with the wo and kiddos today. some days are just plain hard. i wish i had more patience.

nice stroller walk for us all, aidan should be sleeping, and finn will play with me while i do some chest and tris. off to the airport at noon. bbl

Just finish reading y-day post.

Anne the reason Kim is not crazy is b/c she is the 3rd child. Tracey (the crazy one ) is the first child and she feels like she entitled to be treated special plus both of her parents enable her waaaay too much. For example, when she lived here in NC she would get paid and not buy any groceries for her 3 daughter. Then she would go over to her mother's (Irene) house with hungry kids.:rolleyes: Then her tears would start. BTW she is a License Nurse and make very good money.

Kim on the other hand has a good head on her shoulder. She married in her late 20s and did not get preggo until she got her career going. She now owns 2 houses and is supervisor for Bobbi Brown cosmetics company.

Interesting, Robin! I'm the 3rd child too and my sister is the oldest and kind of the same way. Fortunately, she doesn't have kids, but she definitely uses my parents big time. Of course, they let her, but that's another story, isn't it? I also have a good head on my shoulders, most of the time.

And thanks for the suggestion, but I'm curious. Why do you think I should keep the house? I'm just asking because I need all the advice I can get, I'm definitely not thinking very straight these days. Here are the pros:

1. I love the house itself. It's very beautiful and it's very calming to me. I just feel better when I walk into that space.
2. I love the neighborhood. It's very safe and quiet and I have great running routes around it.
3. I have great neighbors. They will keep an eye out for me and help me out if needed.

Here are the cons:

1. It's a lot to take care of for one person. There's a huge lawn to mow and many, many flowerbeds to tend to.
2. I don't want to shovel in the winter.

So, a condo is appealing because it would take the maintenance stuff off my hands. Plus, the house is over 50 years old now and has a couple problems that need to be addressed, such as the basement that floods every time it rains hard.

What do you guys think? If I'm being too needy, just say so!

anne

Klaudia, Busy day! Sounds fun tho!
I hate neck kinks!:mad: Got a kink in my shoulder blade right now - couldnt have anything to do with carrying SweetFace around all day the last couple days!:p

Anne, I hope you and Jim have a good talk wen he gets back. Hugs to YOU!!! I'll beat up your DH and you can mine!:p
enjoy your pedi!

robin, good advice to anne!
great wo!

colleen, good luck w/ mtgs!
healthy snacks!!! menu looks great!

morris, will just get thru the day.... you know hw it goes!:) not so tired anymore. i was more upset @ dh than anything.:(

-
i think we're going to go shopping & out to lunch. maybe getting out of the house will help?

anne, we'll be @ eastwood if you get a lunch break!:) we can plan our dh attacks together!:p

hi anne!
would you be able to afford snow/lawn service?
i tke it jims willing to move?

we used to live on the corner of osborn & verlinden.... the white ranch w/ the red fence. i loved to ride my bike in that neighborhood!:)

and no way, jose! not too needy!

ive read/heard its best to not make major changse for a yr after death, divorce, etc,,,

You guys are chatty this morning! I just finished 4DS KB in its entirety. I must admit that I've never done a 4DS workout straight through as designed. It was fun- added in calves since she works legs but not the calves. Now I'm supposed to be working but it's more fun to be here!

What is it with DH's yesterday / today? I was angry with mine over some silly energy bars I made him. He forgot about them downstairs (for DAYS!) after making a big deal over needing work snacks. I know I blew it out of proportion but felt taken for granted. Blah, silly. But we made up. :D

Kate: I'm so sorry for the lack of sleep. I truly remember just feeling wrung out and emotional from the sheer exhaustion. Max was a bad sleeper for well over a year and I swear I'm still trying to catch up.

Angie: That is weird about no homemade snacks. Our preschool does permit it, so I love to bake healthy banana muffins on our snack days and stuff like that. But I figure it is due to food allergies? Glad you liked C&W- lol at Anne singing buttercup. That stays in my head ALL DAY after I do that WO. I made the chicken and couscous. Just marinate the chicken in basil and marinara and italian spices, then bake. As for the couscous, make it with broth instead of water. Saute garlic, onion in a bit of OO, then add spinach and fresh lemon juice. Add couscous and stir!

Anne: Hmm, if it were me, I'd probably move. I guess I wouldn't want the maintenance associated with a house, plus that way I would be making a fresh start. But that's just me. :) Enjoy your pedicure! You deserve it. I gave myself one yesterday but really would have preferred to go sit in a nice salon instead!

Klaudia: Good luck fitting in L&G today- I hope the kids cooperate. I get really cranky if I miss too many workouts. I think I'm addicted to endorphins!

Katie: WTG on denying that dessert tray! It always feels so good when you manage to say no, doesn't it? I try and try to remind myself of that when J is sitting next to me eating a bag of TJ's Kettle Corn. :eek:

Morris: You must be SO happy DH is heading home soon. I hope the weather is beautiful and you get outside for a nice, long, solo run. And yeah, 6 hours would be BLISS. I got 45 minutes alone yesterday to go to the grocery and I figure that is better than nothing. :)

Hi Lisa and Robin! Hmm, feel like I'm forgetting something. BBL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.