/\/\/\clean-it-up(happy spring)FRIDAY/\/\/\

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Happy spring everyone! YAY!

Ok, I don't know how I'm going to do it but Ryan wants me to try to actually watch the games from the tourney but we can't do it until the next night so I have to wait until tonight to find out the results from y'day's games!!! So, Klaudia, NO SPOILERS... wait until I mention it. :) Deal?

I'm feeling SOOOO much better today. Cold is almost completely gone and while my kidneys are causing some pain, I'm managing it with advil. I'm just hoping when they finally decide to pass that it won't be crazy painful.

I'm ready to get back on the eating clean wagon and had a piece of whole wheat toast (I FOUND SOME!) with 2 egg whites for bfast and some kiwi. I really have to bust my large arse into gear here. Cruise is about 9 months away - no more playing around. I have a good 8-10 lbs to lose! I've never need to lose that much weight - France has been hard on me. :)

OK, I'm going to rest while the girls are at school and take a bath and read a book. I'll be back later!

ang

Happy Friday! Happy Spring!

Morning Angie! Glad to hear you are feeling better today. Some people say that kidney stones are more painful than childbirth -- what do you think? Awesome that you found ww bread, I don't know what I would do without mine. Have fun watching the games! Have you seen the footage of Obama filling out his brackets?

Colleen & Robin, tell me about the versa grips...?
Morris, OBX stands for Outerbanks, which is several beaches in North Carolina (Corolla, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Cape Hatteras, etc.) IMHO, they are the best beaches in the US. It's where Chris and I got married (Nags Head) and where we will vacation for probably the rest of our lives. Have I mentioned that I LOVE it there?
Kate, what exactly did you do on the versclimber last night?

Ahhhhh, FINALLY, it's Friday!! Crazy busy day at work today -- but I don't care! Cuz it's Friday! My mom is coming to visit, she should be here before dinner time. Tomorrow we don't have too many plans (yet), Sunday is Chris' birthday so sometime I have to make him a cake and Sunday night we are going out to dinner with family.

Have a great Friday everyone!

MOrning!!!

Angie, Glad you're on the mend! Its gonna hurt like a (*&^ to pass those stones tho!:eek:
YAY for ww bread!

Katie, Is Mom bringing bakery yummies?
Happy Bday to Chris!
I did a personal record on the versaclimber - you measure your progress by how many feet you climb. It is addicting to try to beat yourself - and I did last night!!!

No WO this morning - rough night. I'll get some weights in while Isabel is at preschool.
Laura's in town for the weekend - yay!

Gina's "friend party" is Saturday. Shouldnt be too bad - she's having 4 friends come. She wants these wierd cake things I have a mold for and box cake mix works best with them. Not crazy about box mix (or so I try to tell myself!) so hopefully theres no cake for me!
Other than that no plans out of the ordinary.

What's for dinner tonight? No clue here.....need to check the cookbooks and hit the grocery store...maybe flank steak fajitas? mmmmmm

Kate, nothing from the bakery this weekend. HOWEVER, Chris has requested carrot cake on Sunday and brownies with ice cream tonight after dinner. I love both of those things! I am fixing chicken quesadillas for dinner -- my mom asks me to make that every time she comes!

Katie brownies with ice cream sounds sooooo good.

Angie I'm glad you are feeling better and maybe the stones will pass and not hurt.

Katie I'll let you know more about the versa grip when mines arrive but it is much needed to do leg & back work because you have to hold on to heavy DBs. Have you printed out your workout card for next week?

I don't feel like working out today but I need some cardio. Maybe I'll do a power walk. Once I put on my ipod the w/o will go fast.

b-oatmeal and almonds
l-salmon and veggie left overs
s-?
d-hamburgers and sweet pot. oven fries

Happy Friday!

I went on an Oreo binge late last night-I don't remember how many I had, but it was too many. I think I was low on calories-think I made up for it! Today is pilates and maybe a walk. Going to my friend's house for girls night tonight. We're having Mexican-I'm bringing Corona Light and jalepeno poppers-too lazy to make anything! Gotta watch what I eat today.

Angie, I won't post anything on cathe about the tourney, but FB will be hard cause others will be posting. Good luck! Enjoy your quiet morning. What are you reading?

Katie, hope your day flies by. Have fun with your mom. Your desserts are two of my absolute faves!

Kate, I love flank steak! We always buy more so we can make fajitas the day after:) Gina's party will be fun-4 kids isn't bad at all-try 20!

Robin, go walk! You'll feel so good when you're done.

Hi Morris, Colleen, and Anne:)

Katie, You're entering dangerous waters this weekend! Vibes comin' to ya!

Robin, Apowerwalk sounds great!
I never print out my wo card until 2 sec before I do the wo!:p

one girl off to school, one to go!!

Klaudia, Blasted oreos! We buy the db stuff - db bad!!!
Have fun tonight!! I have an invite for a girls night next week....havent decided yet. I'd have to show up late after I get Julia down....
Gina's my quiet girl - doesnt want a huge to-do. Love her!

quiet on this board this morning!

i got back done....now nursemax. shuld be able to do bis b4 isabel gets home
i get to relax tonight!!!!

Good Morning Everyone! I am still tired so I was running late this morning. Chris is sick and I feel like I am coming down with something. At the end of my workout, I felt dizzy and nauseous. Still feeling a little dizzy so maybe I should take some sudafed.

Katie, Versa Grips help you hold the heavy dumbbells/barbell when your forearms fatigue from holding all that heavy weight. Before versa grips I couldn't finish my sets because my forearms just gave out. The negative is that you don't build up your forearm strength but I am only using them when absolutely necessary.
Kate, ^5 on the vc! Good luck with Gina's cake. what kind of mold is it?
Klaudia, I love oreos but I never buy them - too tempting.
Robin, good luck with the powerwalk. Hopefully your ipod will keep you going.
Angie, never had kidney stones but my mom had them once and it was really painful for her. Hope they pass soon!

w/o was Cardio Fusion - LIC # 4, and DM Drills
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
?????

Afternoon everyone!

Today has been a good eating day... finally! I've had a ton of water (been in the bathroom every 5 min) to try to flush out my system. I'm thinking of maybe a walk today with Ellie. It is a gorgeous day (we had a picnic in our backyard for lunch) and I just want to get out! She's taking her nap but we'll go after she wakes up.

Katie, have fun with your mom and birthday celebrations - keep portion control in mind!!! When I had kidney stones during my pg with Ellie, the pain was unfathomable - this time it's nowhere near as bad. I was surprised to see two of them! Thankfully, I can control it but I am a little nervous it's going to get bad again!

Kate, good luck with Gina's cake! ^5 on the versa climber personal best. I love to "beat" myself... in Monica (from Friends) style! :)

Robin, thank God for iPods, right? Enjoy your walk!

Klaudia, I think I miss Mexican food more than anything from America. I really feel like I should have lost about 10 pounds just from cutting that out of my diet! I'm trying to stay away from FB... so hard! Does that mean I'm addicted? I don't really care if I spoil scores but Ryan really wants to watch the games together... ugh.

Hi to Anne, Morris (where are you this AM?) and Colleen!

Rosetta Stone time...

Colleen, you snuck in. I hope you're not getting sick! Take it easy today... don't you get tired of oatmeal and almonds every morning? It never changes.:p

Angie, Sounds lkike a nice day! Gina's aching to eat outside for dinner....we do all summer but its been a tad too chilly yet....esp for Julia.
You'd be able to make mexican wouldnt you? I can always mail you some taco sesaoning packets??? salsa is so easy to make....
Hvae "fun" with Rosetta!

Colleen, Great WO! and your clif bar portion control never ceasses to amaze me! Thnakfully, Isabel loves them - we usually split. Hope you avoif the crud - yuck.

Gina's cake mold are individual butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs, etc. She wants to have hre and her friends decorate their own with all of my Wilton stuff - egads! It's gonna be amess! But fun!:D

I got biceps in!!! So I can officially rest tonight instead of fighting Mike for space in the WO room!!!! I think that's the biggest reason I'm hating nighttime wo's. He's such a space hog!!:p

happy friday everyone! i am home early. aidan ran another fever, and dh was inreachable. ah well, i cannot stand to have anyone else with my kids when they are sick anyways.

kate, wtg on the vc yesterday. glad you are done with your wo for the day. we love eating outside too, but it is too cold still for sure.

angie, glad you are better. how long will it take for the stones to pass?

colleen, i hope you are not coming down with anything - feel better soon.

robin, enjoy your fresh air. i will probably take aidan for a walk later to get him some fresh air.

hi klaudia - your evening sounds like it was a success last night. have fun with girls night!

katie, what a fun weekend you have planned. we used to go to obx when i was little , and i agree, it is just beautiful. maybe one day we will go again.

well, my wo was on the short side this am - dh kept me from starting too early;) did some intervals on elliptical with some ub weights. need to do core in a bit when mr. naps. we will see. fd time - my sister from fla called to tell me my dad would be in town this weekend visiting my grandmother. he'd like to see me but won't call b/c he doesn't watn to bother my family. so i am to call him if i want to see him. i am still so angry and hurt and sad about him. i miss him and want to have a relationship, but i do not kow what that will look like. at the same time i am furious he put my sister up to caling me instead of making the effort himself. so now i do not know if i should call or not. i feel like i will forever regret it if i don't and something were to happen (i worry about accidents), but i am btiter to have to make all the effort and feellike it should be on him. okay. sorry for the obok. must tend to sick baby. bbl

Morris, TWO workouts for you this morning?;):p Yes, the obx is amazing, I wish I was there right now. Poor Aidan, give him a snuggle from me.
Kate, those cakes sound adorable! And the decorating sounds like a huge mess! Put down some craft paper on the table so when it's over you can just toss it!
Colleen, I sure hope you aren't getting sick. Take it easy this weekend.
Klaudia, it's so easy to get carried away with cookies. Today is a new day. Have fun tonight -- now I want a Corona!
Robin, your menu sounds really yummy! Is it freezing cold there like it is here?

Day is going by fine.... Just a few more hours and then I am HOME FREE!

morris, im jealous of your 1st wo!:p
youve got sickkid drama and fd! what a day! not sure what to say abt your dad....he obviously misses you but it would be nice if he contacted you. decisions... whats dh say?

katie, im loking forward to m coming home as much as yiu are abt leaving work!

eats are clean. im so tired tho.....hope my resolve stays high:confused:
wish i could nap.....butthe cleaning lady is here....maybe we'll go buy some milk:confused:...just get out of the house...maybe that would perk me up.....:)

bumpity bumpity bump bump bump! (that is me falling off the wagon....)

argggg. so stressed. does not go well with food:eek: i took aidan for a walk then stopped for a coffee and lo and behold, not one, but 2 giant cookies attacked me. hanging head in shame. and no, i do not even feel better now. and, i jiust called my dad. he is so unapologetic. guess i should have expected that. he wants to se me. he thought he was respecting my desire for distance by not being in touch, so he felt he should ask my sister to tell me he was in town. now i have to decide if i want him to visit with the boys - i know they'd enjoy tht. or i can stoop to his level and be petty and withhold them. i just don't know. i wish i could take back the dang cookies:mad::mad: somehow it makes it all worse.

kate, did you get your milk?

robin, how warm is it, dare i ask?

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} Morris! I have no words of wisdom, but I feel for you.

Quick drive by, my meeting got out early. I just wanted to post this, apparently I'm the only shallow one of the bunch:

Poodle

The Star
Intelligence, style and good looks in one able-bodied, well-manicured package? But of course! You are a Poodle, and proud of it. You scoff in the general direction of passers-by who cast admiring (or is it amused?) glances your way, knowing doggone well that if your private jet were not waiting to whisk you off for a spa weekend getaway, you would handily paddle their hindquarters in a game of Trivial Pursuit. Blindfolded. You are well-educated and enjoy the finer things in life, but are not above taking an impromptu skinny dip in an old limestone quarry. It would, however, be soooo much more convenient if said quarry came with a towel boy and swim-up cocktail service, of course.

What's scary is how accurate that is.

anne

robin, have fun w/ the chillun'!

morris, oh geez! im so sorry! (butthose cookies sound grreat!) you walked part of them off tho! do your boys really even know who your dad is? well, aidan wouldnt but does finn? lotsa deep breaths! im so sorry you have to go thru this.

anne, lol at your poodle/scary comment! and i would hardly call you shallow!

eats are clean, but this is danger hour - the hr before dinner i get crazy-hungry and wantto eat ething in sight! nibble here, nibble there....adds up. no more food til dinner!!!
dinners a new recipe for asian ch lettuce wraps. mmmmm!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.