[:[:[::::: clean / tidy weekend :::::]:]:]

Angie, where are you? I hope things are going okay with you.
Kate, you are silly with a THIRD workout last night. Is this your 'active recovery' week from STS?
Morris, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. ^5 on taking 2 whole rest days!
Anne, how was tap class? Are you going out of town this weekend?
Robin, how are you feeling after week one of meso two?
Colleen, what beach are you going to, Ocean City? ITA on iceberg lettuce!
Klaudia, how was the funeral? How was the game?

Collin is gone for the day with Frank, and Chris has to work today, so Mommy is ALL ALONE -- ALL DAY -- YIPPEE! But it seemed like as the weekend got closer, I kept hearing Chris say, "well, since you will be home alone Saturday, why don't you XYZ." F--- off, buddy! It's MY day!:mad::D So last night when I got home, I put on some coffee, and just started knocking it out. Cleaned the laundry room, several loads of clothes, :Dcleaned Collin's room, wrote some thank you notes, etc.

So today I am going shopping -- ALONE!! -- for some spring stuff for me and Collin, and I need to run a few other errands before I head home for nap max!

Workout will be Disk 11, my last disk on meso one:( It's gonna be hard not to pick up any weights next week!!

Have a good one, ladies!

katie, yes, my active recovery was pretty active yday wasnt it? just trying to ward off some of this flab!:mad:
im so jealous of your day!!!:D :D sounds fantastic!!
you will love a recovery week! ive enjoyed it....its so much easier to get cardio/stretching in for me than an hour of weights. ive been toying w/ the idea of not doing sts right now:eek:.....its so hard to get a full hr right now. im not getting a lot of sleep so by8pm, to do an hr of heavy training...im pretty spent already and not feeling like giving it mmy all. im trying to do a.m. wo's but j's schedule is so all over the place id basically have to wake up at 430 to ensure an uninterrupted hour. im getting really bummed abt the situation. one side of me says "suck it up and do sts!" the other part says " you cant do everything". i'll likely keep going w/ sts but i dont feel like i'll see the results i was hoping for. i just dont know what to do.....any thoughts from anyone?

plans for today are getting ready for g's 7th bday tomorrow. lotsa fam coming tomorrow afternoon for cake/ic. im just not up to doing a meal for everyone right now. =(
sorry im kind of a downer...not sure where its coming from...
but anyway...planning on a good day today! gotta go buy steaks...thats what g wants for bday dinner tmrw. thats my girl!!! =)

Last edited:
hi kate - big hugs to you! i am sorry you feel down, and i do understand. i hope you feel better soon. give yourself a break, please. you have so much on your plate - take a bnap and do take out;) as for sts, it will still be there, even if you take 2 weeks off or more!

katie, i too am jealous of your day and admire your attitude to chris:D dh pciked kids up at daycare on thursday as i was on my way home from the dr. i was home 25 min before him and he asked if i enjoyed my "break." wooppeee - 25 whole min extra for me to make dinner! men don't get it.

wo was rought his am. i was 4miles into it when both kids woke. i was trying to let k sleep as he is jet lagged. anyways, i stopped and started for another 4 miles, but not what i intendded. finn just is not sleeping well without his paci, and i don't know what to do. i cannot wake uo any earlier to wo, and i just cannot imagine working out ocnsistently with kiddos awake. kate, how do you fit in the time with the kids up? hope to ahve a good day here, no fights;)

anne, i will post details of my core exercises later. the biggest thing for me was having the physical therapist watching me - i realized my form was not as good as i thought. i have a very flat tight tummy and i thought it was strong, but he humbled me for sure!

Morning

Katie good for you. :D It's like you are not suppose to have a day off...shop until you drop. I'll meet you in k-mart ;)

Kate order in some food for the party. IMO you can split each STS into 2 workouts (meso 1). Just do 1/2 hour of legs this week, for example and the other 1/2 next week. This way you can get a w/o in and you won't feel so drained. I also agree with Morris STS is not going anywhere.

Morris when my kids were small I could not workout. I did not start working out until they were around 5 & 7 and even then I had to get up 1 hour early...it's not easy. I wish that I knew the magic trick to it. My kids are older so the only thing I have to do is feed them breakfast and they are out of my hair.

------------------------------
My w/o today will be k-bells Providence with my toy (10# bell). I'm still a little sore in my biceps.

I need to go grocery shopping and order my Versa Gripps today.

bbl

Kate, re: continuing with STS.... I think you should. I know that if I were in your position, meaning I had flab I wanted to get rid of, the FIRST think I would turn to would be Meso 2 type workouts. If I remember correctly, your body responds really well to that type of training too, doesn't it? Something to think about... LOL at Gina's request for steak!

Morris, sorry about the interrupted run. Collin is old enough to occupy himself while I workout. If he woke up while I was on the treadmill, he would just turn on cartoons. Sometimes I even turn them on before I head downstairs. He probably wakes up thinking 'I'm gonna go distract Mommy while she works out' but then he sees Sponge Bob and he gets totally sidelined and doesn't make it downstairs. There is definitely an argument for sticking your kids in front of the tv, and I do feel guilty. But on the other hand, we are doing a good thing for ourselves.... It's tough. On the paci issue.... Collin is a thumb sucker and refuses to give it up. We were all, "when you turn 4, you can't suck your thumb anymore, you have to be a big boy." But EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I go in his room at night, his thumb is in his mouth. It's just a natural behavior -- for him anyway. I've just resigned myself to fact that braces are in our future....

Morning Robin!! All your talk of versa grips has me interested...

MESO ONE COMPLETE!! YAY!!

Off to make beds, shower, then SHOP!

thanks for the pep talk! i will continue meso2...starting tomorrow. maybe even tonight. i do enjoy that style more than meso1. its only 3 days/wk i need to stay up at night....right!? im just missing A LOT (julia!) of sleep lately and i think its kind of built up on me right now.

morris, lol at your break!!! too funny! m's the same way!:rolleyes:
sorry about the wo.... i never wo w/ the kids up anymore. if m is home i can do it. or if both g&i are here i can. but on a wkday...i cant when j is up. when js asleep i feel like i need that time w/ isabel. so am or pm wo's for me. on prek days i can slip in crdio or stretching but she doesnt nap long enough consistently for me to get sts for an hr uninterrupted. 45 min is about her max for a nap...tho we're working on lengthening. its hard tho!

robin, have fun w/ your new toy! we need vg's too...i tried to order them the other night but my @%#^% computer died! will do it today. still need to open new laptop...maybe i'll make m do it. coffeeman has plenty o'time on his hands!:p

katie, im insanely jealous of your saturday!:D

part 1 of the cake is in the oven. resisting licks so far!
after nursemax i need to go to the store for fondant. i hate that stuff!:p

Happy Saturday!

I'm home all alone enjoyng some unexpected me time:) Darrin and I dropped the girls of at my parents last night so we could go to the funeral. We ended up going to Chili's (had 2 gift cards!) where two of Darrin's cousins met us. We find out that his one cousin who just had her 3rd baby 5 weeks ago is getting divorced!! Her husband served her with papers when the baby was 2 weeks old! Can you even imagine?! So it was getting late and my mom calls and said everyone's asleep-we'll talk tomorrow. Lucky me:) I ended up doing STS 10 yesterday and it was tough!! Today I'm going for a run/walk outside and abs. Darrin's going away for the night, not sure what the girls are doing.

Katie, have fun shopping-hope you find some good deals. Funeral wasn't bad-Darrin's great-aunt was 84 and had Multiple Myeloma. She was a sweetheart. The game was good-we won and play in the semi's this afternoon:) Were you really sore from disk 10? It fried me-especially my biceps!

Kate, deep breaths! You're an amazing mom, wife, sister, and freind. You do so much for everyone-you need to have time for yourself. You will be miserable if you don't workout. MAybe you can split Meso 2 in to body parts to making it shorter and add more cardio on the weekends when Mike is home? Cake and ice cream is perfect-it's Gina's day and I'm sure that's all she wants, right?

Morris, you'd be surprised about working out with kids-Nevena comes down with me now when I workout. I agree with Katie-tv isn't the best but a little won't hurt and it's for your sanity:) As for husbands-Darrin's usually really good with the girls-he takes them out to lunch, on errands, etc. But yesterday in the car I told him I was going to a friend's next Friday for girls' night and he goes, "Are you taking the kids?" WTH?! I said, "Are you?" referring to him going up north. They can be dense, that's for sure!

Robin, yay on the vera gripps! I already forwarned Darrin Iwas going to get them:) He needs a pair, too-more incentive. I really want to get those kb workouts, too. If only there was a money tree in my backyard!

Hi Anne and Colleen:)

Ack! I was totally going to do personals, but now I'm running late! Can I catch up later in the day? I'm going to lunch with friends, but we're meeting at 11:00, it's half an hour away, so I need to get my sweaty self into the shower! I did the cardio blast of DrillMax this morning. It took me 43 minutes to do a 39 minute work out because I took extra breaks, but I decided that was okay. I haven't worked out since Wednesday, so getting back in the swing of things. I promise I'll be back later in the day. I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

anne

klaudia, nice night!! your parents are great!
lol at darrin! stinker!:p
i will likely continue w/ meso2 as its planned....sigh.....going to pep talk myself that its only 3 nights a week. and hoping/praying i find it more motivating than meso1:confused:

anne, wtg w/ dm! i should do that one since im on a step hiatus right now.... hope you have a fun lunch!

eats are clean other than a few nibbles of cake during assembly..... shes having me make a penguin cake. oh, and the penguin has to be standing up!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Okay, I'm back. Lunch was nice and I had a good talk with my friend who moved up north. I'm feeling a bit better about the whole thing.

Kate, how do you make a standing up cake? You're amazing. I thought of you last night when I was rummaging around my cupboards and found some flour. I didn't think I had any.

Klaudia, way to go on the me time! Isn't that the best when it's unexpected? Enjoy!

Robin, I'm going grocery shopping today too. Did you get anything yummy we should know about?

Morris, thanks for being willing to share the ab work out. I'm jealous of your flat, tight tummy. I have good parts of my body, but I definitely have a pooch. It's better than it has been in the past, but I'm just not willing to give up eating all the stuff I like to eat.

Katie, how was shopping? Tell us and/or show us pics, please.

Hi to Angie and Colleen!

Off to the grocery store and then I'm at loose ends until it's time to make dinner. Maybe I'll read my book. We'll see. Have a good afternoon, everyone!

anne

klaudia, i think i will practice taking finn with me. honestly, i don't see where else in my dayi can carve out wo time, so maybe he will be an early bird with me. if only we did not fight over the tm (he likes to drive trains on it):p enjoy some time to yourslef! and your girls night out next week sounds great - lol at taking kids with you.

katie, i too want pictures of new clothes so i can live vicariously!

kate, okay, a standing cake? i'd be impressed with myself if i made a 2 layer cake from a box!! you are wonder woman.

robin, not sure i can wait till mine ar 5 and 7. as it is i get up around 4:45am. usually things go okay, but this am, well.... now for my dumb question ofthe day, what are versa grips?

angie, are you okay?

anne, lunch with a friend sounds nice. where did you go? i wasn't tooting my horn about my belly. hope it did not sound that way. i have a long torso and short muscly legs. but my belly doesnot accumulate fat on it like my rear:mad: the wo was really cool, and some of the moves are hard to describe, so i will need to take some time and do that and then could email you specifics? pm me with your e mail and i will work on it. great wo after being sick. i had a hard time yesterday getting abck to it after being so ill. today is better.

lunch out with kiddos. i had split pea soup and a big salad with grilled chicken. the soup was so yummy, hope it was clean? my cals are staying down, and i am still clean since before being sick. i am trying to shed 2 pesky lbs but maybe am working too hard? dh stayed in bed until 9, so i did take the boys down and did pyramid down really heavy! (ub). also did a few core exercises for practice but will do my full core wo tomorrow, hopefully after an outdoor run(if dh is willing to be on duty:(). i need to go out and get the boys some tee shirts at the used store:D b/c we leave for virginia in a few weeks. bbl

Run/walk is done-2.7 miles in 30 minutes which is farther than I go on the treadmill:) It was sunny, but chilly-my hands are still thawing out! Still have to get my abs in -I'll do them at intermission of the b-ball game. Finished cleaning up the house, too. Nice productive day. I'll go get the girls after the game.

Kate, good attitude! We need to see pics of the cake:)

Anne, glad things got cleared up for you. Enjoy your day-whatever you decide to do.

Morris, versa gripps are lifting straps that make it easier to hold the weights so your arms don't get so tired-good for lifting way heavy when your hands give out before your back, etc. And toot away-be proud of your hard work!

:D No I did not get anything yummy b/c my kids were with me along with 200 other people. I went to Walmart.:confused: Why-oh-why did I go there on a saturday.

Oh-yes I remember now... to get the 2.5, 5# DB plates. they did not have the 30# DBs so I just brought up all the small plates they had. The poor cashier said just give me one of them so she can scan only one. I guess she does not do Cathe. She gave me the strangest look.

I had to order a new cellphone sidekick battery from t-mobile and it took me 15 mins and 6 calls to finally get to the right department and guess what...they were sold out :mad:. So the guy gave me a different website to go on and YES the battery only cos 19.99 free shipping. T-mobile wanted to charge $45!!:eek:

Morris you are lucky to have a flat tummy

Kate I was thinking about your sts situation, while at walmart and to shorten the workouts just can skip the final set of exercises...just like with gym styles and slow and heavy. :Dstanding penguin cake?? I can't help you with that one.

Klaudia my kids think that the debit card is the bottomless pit.

YAAAY Katie!! Enjoy your recovery week, what do you have planned?

Anne what's for dinner?

Off to napmax and cook tacos and salad

Last edited:
Hey, everybody. Robin, I'm making guac and chips for an appetizer and then we're having chicken tortilla soup (recipe courtesy of chefkate) with roasted garlic bread. It should be yummy! Come on over, the soup recipe makes a big batch.

Morris, you didn't sound like you were tooting your own horn, no worries! I'll pm you my email address, but please don't worry about it, okay? If it's going to be time consuming or difficult in any way, just let it go. I have plenty of Cathe to keep me busy. Plus, I just bought a new stability ball at Meijer (local store) and it's green! It came with a couple of work outs and the abs look really good. I've been wanting a green stability ball for forever so I couldn't resist when I saw this one. It's 65 cm, which is what I already have, but they were out of 55 cm, which is what I prefer. It'll be fine, and I'm looking forward to trying some new workouts.

Klaudia, how was the game? I'm trying to not watch TV today, so I didn't see it.

I take it Katie's had quite an outing!

Kate, can you do STS as one body part per day? It sounds like in this mesocycle she works each muscle to exhaustion. You'd have to do it more often, but for shorter amounts of time. Just a thought.

Okay, I'm going to read for a few and then start chopping veggies. See you laters, alligators.

anne

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful day!! I had a nice shopping trip and got a few spring clothes for myself and Collin. I would like to get more since the sales are so good but I don't want Chris to go ballistic. He shares my love for sales, but not my love for clothes!

Collin is home, and all is right with the world! We are going to have a family pizza-and-movie night. We've all be craving pizza :p :eek:

Robin, I'm not totally sure what I have planned for my recovery week. I was going to order a CS dvd but I dropped the ball on that:eek: Since I am training for a 5k, I need to keep running, so I am hoping that is not too intense for a recovery week. I guess I will alternate running (tu/th/sat) and core/stretch (m/w/f)...? I would really like to do a step workout one of these days! I miss my step! Maybe instead of doing core/stretch on m/w/f I could do about 20 minutes of step on those days, then 20 minutes of stretching (a Core Max segment) since I would be warm from the stepping, then do an Ab Circuit segment in the evening? Is that too much?? Or maybe a full step workout on tu/th/sat and then 20 minutes of running then 20 minutes of stretching?? I don't know, how do you fit it all in? HELP ME! I really feel like I need to keep my mileage up since this 5K is so close....

Robin, LOL at the wal-mart lady. I get funny looks too.
Anne, your dinner sounds so yummy! Did you have lunch with the friend who just moved away for the boyfriend? If so, I wanna hear the scoop!
Klaudia, how nice of your parents to take the girls for the whole night! Great run! What are you planning for your recovery week?
Kate, are you completely opposed to taking naps? When Collin was really young, I got up early to go to the gym, then napped for 45 minutes or so later in the day when he did. Is that possible?
Morris, I love the visual of Finn driving his trains on the tm while you try to run. Boys are so hard cause they don't sit still for very long!

anne, glad lunch went well! but like katie said...we need details! (if youre up to it!)
i cannot imagine not having flour! i have 4 diff kinds on stock and several bags of bread flour and all purpose!
i really need to make some soup!!! hows the grd chicken?

morris, wtg getting your wo done! youre a goodwife to let dh sleep! i get really ornery if m naps....like today! i get waaaaay less sleep...and do 2x as much....how is it women have moree energy???:confused:

klaudia, i llove productive days! i can get more done on a saturday than i do all week! dds FLOCK to m when hes home!:D
good job w/ your wo's!

robin, i refuse to go to wallys on a sat!!!:eek:
SCORE on the battery! thats awesome!

katie, glad shopping was a success! man, am i itching to go!
i suppose i could nap but i find it so hard.... if ther are dishes/laundry/etc my mind just cant relax! plus, if isabel naps she physically cant go to sleep when g does and they share a rm so isabel keeps her up.....gr! maybe i could lift at 4 and go back to sleep til 630!!!:eek:

--------------------
cake is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aND its awesome!!! i baked 2 cakes in big glass batter bowls. inverted them. cut the larger end off one and stacked them w/ frosting in between. choc cake. tinted the dk choc frosting black and covered the stacked cakes. made fondant white belly. from the leftover cake end i shaped a head and wings, both covered in fondant tinted black. shaped beak, feet and eyes out of fondant. need to assemble it all right before the party....dont want it to collapse!!!! its on a white cake stand,\. going to fluff some conf sugar for "snow" and i got podered sug donut holes to set around it for snowballs!!! how cool iis all that!!! wish i could post a pic! ive tried to follow your written directions but somehow...i suck!:eek: maybe i can chat on the phone w/ one of you smarties and you can walk me thru it! id love to post a pic of chubbyfuzzysweetylovee too!

Kate, I am exhausted just reading that:confused: It's been a long, long time since I made a cake. I guess Michele's wedding cake was the last big thing. I really do not like working with fondant.

Why don't you *try* the early am workout / short afternoon nap thing for one week and see how it goes? The dishes, laundry, messes, etc. will ALWAYS be there!

Just finished my pizza and it was GOOOOOOOODDD! I decided I wanted a little bit of coke, so I had about 3 swallows and it was GROSS! I'm so glad I am not a soda-worshiper. I have plenty of other vices:p

Katie, I remember that cake you made --- it was AWESOME!!!
As far as AM workouts.....I'll see how I feel about it Monday morning!:p
Gld you enjoyed your pizza!:D LOL AT SODA!!! Up here its called pop.... I will have a couple sips of Mike's if we go to A&W...but that's about once every 6 months. It makes me so full and I belch like a truck driver!:eek::D

I just did STS13 - ch/sh/tri. I LOVED IT!!!! I feel awful saying it but i really hated meso1.:eek: I LOVED the legs...and I usually hate legs. BUt I hated the UB.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I think this one will "click" better for me.:confused:

Didnt really have dinner....too busy with the cake. I just polished off half a turkey sandwich on ww bread. No mayo or anything. No one can believe I eat it "dry" but I think all that other stuff is nasty! Blech! I never served it to the girls and they dont eat it either.....no ketchup, mayo, mustard, dressing....we like it plain!

Sunday morning we have church, home for lunch, then party at 130. And Gina's steak dinner!:D NOt sure how much I'll be here til the evening. Hope everyone has a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.