[[[c&t hump day]]]

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

posting from iPhone at girls' gym/dance classes. Today is my rest day and I am hoping to get a stretch in.

Katie, praying for Frank!! What a devistating accident! I can't believe it had to be amputated! How scary!! How is Collin? Keep us posted!!

Ellie wants to play games on my phone... Bbl.

I am awake but e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d -- stress. Didn't sleep well.

Collin is doing fine, I asked Chris to come home from work early so we could talk to him together. Sometimes I wish I was as innocent as a 5 year old because the seriousness of the whole thing really does not register.

We told him that Daddy's foot was hurt, and the first thing he asked me, verbatim, was "is it cut off?" I couldn't lie. So then for the rest of the night, I dealt with questions about how does one do XYZ without a foot. He has officially learned the word "prosthesis" at 5 years of age... :::tears:::

The last I heard last night was that his surgery was complete (foot was amputated and 4" above the ankle), he was stable but still listed as "seriously ill," and was on a plane to Germany where he will hopefully be for only a few days. We hope that he makes it home by the weekend. I will drop everything to take Collin to Walter Reed to see him.

By the way, all this happened about 1030 yesterday morning when I got a call on my cell from a weird number (Frank, calling from Afghanistan). I didn't answer, cause I was at work and thought nothing of it, but then listened to my voicemail a few minutes later. Frank sounded terrible, and said something to the effect of "i've been in an accident....lost a lot of blood....all I want is to talk to Collin....please tell him I love him and miss him....daddy will be home soon." I FLIPPED OUT and started making phone calls, and none of his family even knew at that point, but his sister works at Walter Reed and has connections so within an hour or so, we had the basic information. I still haven't been contacted by the military (I thought I would have by now), but I understand someone from Quantico is supposed to be calling me today.

Angie, Hope you get your stretch in - I'm seriously addicted.
How's the gym going? Better today?

Katie, That's a LOT of emotional stress for you all to deal with! Collin in such a good boy! Hugs to you all!

-
No plans for today - it's the calm before the storm. Tomorrow is so busy I won't be able to see straight - but it's all good! I'm soooooo excited! Today's WO is M1W4 back and tri's. And CS, o'course!

Last night Laura's party was lots of fun! I did so good at PC too! I got a couple comments that I've lost weight and am "so tiny" - I was on cloud 9! Is that bad to admit?:eek: I've been working so hard and am glad it's paying off! I am loving Meso 1 and want to keep doing it, but I'm going to use Florida as my active recovery and hit Meso 2 hard when we get back. It's funny - when I did Meso 1 the first time I absolutely hated it. So see, dear husband, I *DO* *NEED* all these dvds - ya never know what will strike your fancy!:D:D:D

Last edited:
Well, I got out of bed early with the intention of exercising, but here I sit....

PS, forgot to mention that my first MW appointment is today! Actually we are only meeting with the nurse educator, but still - first step in the right direction!

Katie, No sweat on the no sweat!:p HAVE FUN at your appt! Is Chris going with you? I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

Got my CS done - a special thanks to Julia for sleeping thru it! :D

Good Morning Girls !

Katie, so sorry for all you are going through! That's so awful - and you are such a good Mom . Collin will be fine !!!!

Thanks Kate for the advice on the cupcake pan . Sounds good !
Yay on loving Meso 1 (which I didn't like all that much the first time either, and LOVED the second time !!!!) and on the "tiny" compliment ! Of course it's not bad ! You are human ! and you've worked hard for it !!! You GO !!!

Hi Angie !!!

Today is 4DS bootcamp and bis/tris !

Becky, Have a great WO! I like to do that cardio w/ Laura. Mike did it with me once - he was a good sport, but LOL!:p

hugs to katie - another fly by for me as i get breakfast together. katie, i cannot imagine all you have to deal with and explain. take care, 'kay?

kate, yea on compliments. i loved m1 the first time, but i love fast paced and pushups:rolleyes:

becky, i need to do that bc again - love it.

hi angie - enjoy your stretch.

i am down 2 lbs since last monday!!! i cannot believe the effect regular sleep has on me. i got up and hit the tm this am for 10 miles. will do core and t=yoga later. i loved doing mm yday. bbiab

Morning!

Yesterday got away from me-no workout but eats were good. Although my weight is not where I'd like it to be-need to drop a few lbs. Today I'm going to double up and do CTX Chest/Back and go run tonight when there's no wind:) My parents are spending the night cause I have a recognition breakfast 45 minutes away tomorrow. Oh, and it's Milla's turn to visit the Fire Station today:)

Katie, I'm so sorry for you and Collin. What a terrible thing to have to deal with a such a young age. But kids are very resilient-he'll be ok. Hugs.

Kate, take those compliments girl!! You've earned them!

Becky, have a good workout!

Nina, you sound so...rested:) Yay on the 2lbs.! I'm goin gto do MM/ME next week-can't wait:)

Morning Angie!

Nina, HOORAY for sleep! That;s great! Hope you havea great day today!

Klaudia, Busy day! And FWIW, I think you look fantastic! I dont see the weight you want to lose!
That's great your parents are so helpful! What's the bfast for?
Have fun at the fire station!

Really quick check-in because I have to run to training. I hope I can stay awake. This morning I did pure cardio from insanity.

Katie, I skimmed about Frank - sorry to hear about it. Good luck at your appt today!

I will try to be back during a break for more personals. Hopefully today is calmer than yesterday!

morning ladies!

katie, what a scary message to have recieved and not be able to reach him after that. has collin been able to speak with him yet? i think you did so well in explaining to collin...you are an amazing mom!!! ITA w/klaudia about resiliency. kids have a lot less than adults in terms of preconceived notions about what loss of a limb might mean. ((((HUGS)))) and I am thinking of you.

eat yday...
b - cheerios, strawb, 1/2 banana, milk, coffee
l - burger w/lett, tom, and green chiles, 1/2 bun. wish I had skipped the whole bu, cuz it wasnt even that great... next time.
d - BLT on wheat

plan for today
same bfast
l - leftover chicken ench, PC PLEASE
d - roasted sw potato, carm onion, sage, baby spinach, goat chs on br rice

not sure exactly why im having so much trouble getting here to check in but i am working on getting into a routine. JJ has def been clingy / whiny a lot since we've been here and it makes the AM getting ready to go to the gym take for-freaking-ever. i just need to get settled in and disciplined about morning routine. 2nd day at the gym was FAB... body combat class kicked my booty!!!!!! i am feeling itin my shldrs/tris/obliques. today i am going to try step, first time in about a month while i was resting my knee but ive had no twinges at all for over a week so wish me luck!

this gym is sooooo nice. the bathrooms feel like a spa!!

colleen, keep those eyes open!

kate, LOL @ all the DVDS you *need*... my DH is like wha?!?! MORE?!?!? lol. WOOHOO on the compliments at the par-tay, that is just the best feeling and you have worked so hard for it!!!!

klaudia, exactly WHERE are you going to lose a few lbs FROM?!?! you look amazing!

nina, wtg on the lbs (tho like KL Im not sure where you would lose them from because you look fab!!!). our bodies are so much more efficient when they are well rested... its like your body is thanking you =) send some a' that my way!

I am supposed to be back in class but they barely gave enough time to eat lunch and get anything done. Ugh. Today is going better but we have a long afternoon ahead. I resisted the donuts this am, let's hope I can resist the cookies this afternoon.

Angie, glad you passed your test and your class is done. Woohoo for a 95!
Clintonya, glad the dance drama is over. I hate that stuff.
Wendy, how did step class go?
Nina, ^5 on the weight loss. am stretching more and starting to see a difference.
Kate, IC cake is my favorite. That's great news on your compliments! You have been working really hard and deserve it.
Becky, how was your workout!
Klaudia, glad everything went okay at the derm. Good luck doubling up on workouts. I find it so hard to workout 2 times a day. Maybe I just need a routine.

b: buff smoothie, scrambled eggs
s: apple
l: grilled chicken salad
s: strawberries, greek yogurt & walnuts
d: tbd

Colleen, yay on resisting donuts !!! When I was on jury duty, they had them on the table every morning and I never took one. But they are hard to resist !!!
Hope the cookies don't call to you .

Workout was great ! very sweaty ! :)

Now, I had lunch and am getting ready to go out and mow the grass. It's just about reached 60 degrees so I guess it's warm enough for me now ! BRRRRRRRRR it got BELOW freezing this morning !!!!!!! YUCK!
WARM WEATHER COME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie - I'm so sorry about what happened! I had tears reading about him calling to talk to Collin. Prayers for all of you!

Kate - Lap in all those comments! You worked hard and deserve them!

Becky - I haven't done 4DS in forver!

Nina - Awesome job with the weight and yay for sleep having all kinds of positive effects.

Klaudia - Awesome job with eating clean! Your weight will melt away in no time.

Colleen - WTG on resisting the donuts!

Wendy - How many kiddos do you have? Yay for doms all over!

Angie - Great job on the test!

Okay, I know my personals are lame, but trying to get ready for work. Can you guys keep a secret? Well, I knew my monthly friend was late but really didn't think much since sometimes I have long cycles, but a few things and symptoms were bothering me so I bought a cheapo Target test and took it last night. It turned positive in less than two seconds. :eek: was my reaction. I was so sure P would be our last one and we were done. I'm still not sure how this all happened, but looking back loooong ago at my cycles, I have a tendency to ovulate late and I think I forgot and calculated my o date wrong. We were careful, but I guess not careful enough. I feel like a shocked teenager. Really insane I know, but I'm trying to choose JOY which this morning I am still shocked but feeling better about the whole thing. I haven't told much people and probably won't until 2nd tri since I have had a miscarriage before and I'm still shocked. Okay, so ladies, it will all work out right??? I don't have to worry unnecessarily right?? I will survive this right??? And we were about to sell our baby things on Craigs List, but just didn't get around to it so I guess that's a good thing. Still shocked, shocked, shocked.

LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. TWO pg ladies in our C&T group. I am thrilled for you. Congratulations!! And yes, it will all work out! No matter how you may feel now, your family will only be complete with this baby. When my mom found out she was pg with #6 (when #5 was only 9 months old and we lived in a 1300 sq ft 3 bed townhome), she threw herself on the bed and said, "How much does God think we can handle?" She would tell you today that that #6 is one of the biggest blessings in her life and totally mean it! You will be SOOO fine. I'm so happy for you. I love that I get to live vicariously through other people having babies since I don't get any more and I LOVE LOVE LOVE babies.

Okay, I need to catch up!

Katie, what a day you had yesterday. Sounds like Collin is such a trooper! I'll be praying for your little family. Please take care of yourself and take it easy! Can't wait to hear how your appt goes!

Kate, YAY for the sweet "tiny" comments last night. You are doing awesome and totally deserve it! Oh, and you asked about the gym. I'm not going anymore. Really was only using it for tm and now that i've quit trying to run, it's pointless.

Nina, you sound so fab! I'm so glad you got in to see the doc and are sleeping. Sounds like it's been phenomenal for you! And yay on the 2#!!!

Klaudia, sounds like you are busy! Hope all is well. Your concert pics look fun. Glad everything is ok with Danica.

Wendy, I'm so jealous of your new gym! Hope it goes well for you and I know you're going to rock that BL competition. :)

Colleen, wtg with insanity this morning. How do you find doing it mixed in with other WOs? I am still a fan but sometimes all the push up moves drive me crazy. Like the push up jacks at the end of PC... I always think I could do the whole min if it was at the beginning of a wo but at the end, I am beat!

Becky, sorry for your cold weather. Ours is about to drop too but we have had a beautiful day! I'm so glad you're enjoying 4DS!

Eats were not fab today, not horrible either. I'm not going to dwell. Just going to move on. I can do better and will not get myself in a self destructive pattern.

Time to hang with Ryan...

oh my good ness lisa!!! but please please chosse joy!!! you wanted p so badly, worked so hard, and for whatever reason, god has blessed you again. i know life is super stressful, but there IS a reason. and another little baby!! i hope you are feeling okay with it all, i hope you don't mind me gushing, but i still see it as a miracle.

wendy, you sound really good. i wish i thought i could be as positive and upbeat as you. have you seen the childcare at the gym yet? that must be hard to change.

angie, i forgot to congradulate you on your test. that is wonderful.

colleen, sorry for the busy busy day. i keep meaning to pull out insanity, but i am running so much now, and i tend to add on shock cardio instead.

becky, i love 60 degree highs and chilly mornings. but, i can say that living in florida i guess. our heat and humidity is fast approaching, but i should not complain.

klaudia, i am glad your parents can help out for tomorrow morning. i am super stressed about going to work all day tomorrow with dh being gone. the boys will have to be woken up, dropped at 7:30 and picked up at 5:45. i hate that day for them, but there is nothing i can do. glad it does not happen much. how is your mum these days?

okay, as i am gushing over 2 lbs, munchies got me this am. mainly nuts and 1 granola bar (kashi) i did not need. it was too much, but i am just going to look forward. funnily enough, i was reading late last night and only got about 4 hrs of sleep (good sleep though). hmmmm. early to be for me tonight! and i am loking forward to it.

kate, when do you leave?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.