[[[[[[[[ cLEAN & tidy wednesday ]]]]]]]]

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day!

What's your workout today? Menu?

Be sure to DRINK YOUR WATER!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Let's go with Robin's suggestion from last week...
What sort of music do you like? What inspires you? What gets you pumped for a great workout?

My baby leaves today :-( I know I will be okay, but I am really going to miss him! I know that every mother has an attachment to her child, but the relationship between SINGLE mother and child is just different somehow. I guess I am not really a single mom anymore, but you get what I am saying.

I know that what Collin's Dad is going is a good thing and all of that, but it just makes me angry that he feels he can walk in and out of Collin's life as he pleases. I have to be the bad guy and put my foot down and say no, so that my child doesn't get hurt.

Anyway, enough about that... No one replied to my question about how to pump my upper body for my wedding dress:-( That's not true, Kate replied (thanks hun!). Can you all give me your input on this -- what sort of rotations should I do for the next 4 months to get a really cut upper body for my wedding dress?

Today's workout will be GS Chest & Triceps. Menu as follows...

B strawberry protein shake
S half sandwich
L grilled chicken & veggies
S apple slices, Fiber One bar
D ravioli w/marinara, steamed green beans

QUESTION:

I really like a little bit of everything as far as music goes, but I am a country girl at heart so I listen to mostly country music! I grew up in a home with lots of classical music, so I have an appreciation for that. I also really really love older stuff by bands like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith -- this is the kind of stuff that I would listen to on my iPod on the elliptical at the gym or whatever. But by far, my favorite is country!!

Yay!!! Hump day!!! C'mon weekend!

No workout for me - rest day & boy, do I need it. Hoping to do Bar or Classical Stretch. It's easy to sit next to the girls and do this while they're playing Barbies.

Menu: (will be better than yesterday, for sure!)
b - cereal, fruit
s - hmmmmm...
l - egg whites w/ veggies and salsa (not tostitosx( )
s - ???
d - finally going to make homemade pizza (small slice for me), salad

My music? As completely woerd as this sounds, I love hard-core rap. The words I could definetly do without, but you can't beat that bass! Got scared I blew my speakers in the truck a while ago! Club music with a good driving beat is pretty awesome too for a great workout. Imax 3's music last night had me pumped. Tainted love, anybody?

Off to go fill up my water cup!

Katie, Country music doesn't surprise me for you! My mom listened to it when we were in grade school, so I like the old stuff just because it brings back memeories. Hope Collin has a good time. Does he feel anxious about leaving you? For the dress, I would really do a search of PUB/PLB rotations. I think PUB 2x/week for a few weeks now and just before your wedding would have you cut, cut, cut. There's timesaver premixes for just up or just down that still leave you thoroughly worked!

Menu looks good, girl!

Whew!! I just got a mini-workout! I packed up 10 grocery bags full of old clothes (mine and Mike's) to drop off at Goodwill today. Got the truck all loaded with them too. It would be nice to have a garage sale and make some $$$ off it there's no way I have time to do a garage sale. I've been meaning to do one for the last 2 summers and it never happens. At least I get a tax deduction - and boy, do we need it this year!! I'm scared what the accountant is going to tell us we owe!

Drinkin' water, keepin' active, workin' off those blueberry muffins!

Morning

Kate hard-core rap? Which artists? I really like all music. In my ipod I have over 1200 songs, anything from country, blues,gospel, old-school rap, Big 80s, 70s, 60s. I even have female jazz singers like Billy Holiday and Ella. When I do my power-walking I listen to disco and today pop singers like Chris Brown.

Katie now I understand. I thought that Collin was going with your finace. I can understand that separation issues because he will be the good guy and if you say no, you are the bad guy. I deal with this type of issues a lot in girlscouts. I usually tell the mother or father, do what is best for the child. I think that Collin will always love you and his father will always be that 2nd parent who puts Collin on the backburner, unless he decides to change. When Collin is older he will understand a little more, when you have to say no.

Katie I'm also looking for a upperbod rotation to do next month. I can match Cathe weight selections for bi and tri, but my shoulders are weak.

My w/o today GS shoulders, back, bi
b-oatmeal
s-peanut butter and rice cake
l-fish and veggies
s-?
d-turkey patties and veggies

Hello again?

I think I will order the Pyramids and Slow and Heavy, but how should I incorporate muscle endurance in there? I sort of hate circuits, but I do have Muscle Max -- this is endurance, right? Should I do an entire month of endurance, or just put a "recovery" week in between heavy training and do endurance workouts then. What do you think?

I'm at work now and it's a little icy outside.I finishing reading yesterday's posts.

Here is the quiz to see how much water you should be drinking
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Steph LOL your 4ft tall GYN Dr. does not even have to sit on a chair to examine you. HAHAHA:D

Good idea Shirl for now on I'm going to post those "ET" (extra treats) that I've been eating,this way I will feel guilty and maybe not eat them.

Colleen what your plans for today?

Robin, I don't even know who I listen to!! My sisters make up CDs for us to listen to. I just get a cool bass cd from them every now and then. We really don't fit the image of someone who would like that kind of music, but we love it!

Katie, Wish I had some advice for you - maybe post on the rotation forum? They're usually pretty helpful w/ that.

Changes my br. to be just cereal. Not super hungry, so I'll have an apple or pear for AM snack. Trying to listen to my body....

Hi cLEAN and Tidy Friends!

Quick check in! I love country, classical, jazz, rock & roll (rolling stones, eagles, aerosmith & more) and some top 40's.

Katie, I think the endurance workouts should be a recovery week. Here is a rotation for upper body. Oct '05 Upper Body Bliss
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...opic_id=4045&mesg_id=4045&listing_type=search
If you don't have all the workouts listed you substitute with what you have. You'll still get great results.

Robin, I'll definitely start posting my extras. Boy, am I gonna think twice before eating some of those extras now.

Kate, What Classical Stretch did you buy? It sounds like you've already accomplished alot this morning. Hardcore Rap, really?!

Hello to everyone else!

DD is sick, I better check on her. BBL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning Clean and tidy peeps!

I am TIRED! Got home a midnight, i'm usually in bed by 9:30, got up at 6 to take out the pug. Geez, vacation my butt!

Katie, It must be hard to have to share Colin, but its important for him to see his dad too, catch 22 really. My best friend is a single mom, and she goes through this all the time.
For upper body, everyone responds to different training. Some people get better results with 3 total body, endurance, and other 2 heavy training days...But one thing i've learned is changing things up gets the best results for sure. I would do an endurance workout for 4-5 weeks, then switch it to GS or SH for 4 weeks. Endurance weeks, less cardio, heavy weeks, more cardio, or vice versa...
Question: I like all kinds of music too, i went to see a band called the Editors last night. They are from England, i LOVE them. I dont love mainstream stuff...
Kate, i'm so stuck in the 80's its pathetic. I only really listen to 80's stuff in in IPOD, cleaning the house etc..

Robin, my gyne doesnt need to sit down to examine me. lol!
I love your breakfast today by the way :)

Shirl, sorry about DD, hope its nothing serious.

Well, today i'm going to do DM leg blast i think and core and stretch. I'm thinking about maybe a ripped workout tomorrow
Menu:
B: same as Robin :)
s: not sure, going to bake some Body for life muffins today i think
l; soup, veggies, hummus, fruit
tbd..
BBL
Steph

DD is feeling a little better now. I believe it's something viral; cough, diarrhea, low grade temp, fatigue. She needs some rest and tlc.

Workout was Total Body+ and abs/core+. I have made considerable improvements with the hanging ab/core work! :)

Steph, 80's music takes me back to my high school and college days - lots of good memories. Your workout sounds good. What ripped workouts do you have?

Katie, I agree with Steph, everyone responds to different types of training. What works best for you? Do you have a hard time seeing definition in your upper body? What results have you seen with the gym styles? Taking your measurements and pictures helps to see progress.

menu
b-wheat chex and banana
s-2 brown rice cakes & nat.pb, orange
l-chicken breast and salad
s-cheese and nut thin crackers
d-???

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning Everyone!

Busy again, but I think I will have some free time this afternoon. My favorite music is 70s disco, 80s rock, and some heavy metal. People are shocked that I am a metalhead in hiding.

Shirl, hope DD feels better.
Steph, I love 80s music too! I have a sirius radio in my car and always listen to the 80s station
Katie, I recommend some muscle endurance to give your muscles a break from heavy lifting and shock them. If you have MM or ME you can use these workouts. I find my body responds well when I give it a break from one type of exercise and then go back to it.
Kate, my coworker had a garage sale last summer. He went inside to go to the bathroom and people followed him inside. He had to throw them out and they didn't understand why. I guess we just have crazy people in the DC area.
Robin, good idea for us to start posting our ET's. I think it will help us to stay focused.

No w/o - today is a rest day
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
l: tbd
s: fruit
d: tandoori chicken w/ ww naan & veggies

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Hi ladies. I'm now eating my clean lunch and I'm going to have a yogurt. This morning I had an "ET of 100 cal cheese nips

Now I know that MM and ME is considered endurance training but what are some others?

In the month of January I did heavy weights and less cardio. So the month of Feb I should do muscle endurance and more cardio? How often should I do muscle endurance DVDs?

Thanks Shirl for the rotation and I'm glad that your DD is feeling better.

Hi Robin,

From what I've learned it's good to take a recovery week or 2 and go back to the workouts with slight changes that give you the best results for your goals. A recovery week would be a week of workouts that are not as intense and/or different than what you have been doing. You could do a 2-4 week rotation of muscle endurance workouts and more cardio and then return to heavy lifting, less cardio. It depends on your goals. An example of an endurance rotation I really like is August '06 Primarily Muscular Endurance
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=5834&mesg_id=5834&page=. Another rotation I really like is February '07- Cardio/Muscle Endurance
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=6679&mesg_id=6679&page=3.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, Sorry DD is sick! A few around us are sick...keeping out fingers crossed we don't get it! ou are so sweet to look up all that extra stuff!

Steph, 80s is a close tie for favorite music for me. My sisters make those CDs for us too. How was the concert last night? Did you make muffins today? I love to bake - its relaxing to me. Wish I didn't like to so much!

Well, my AM snack went by the wayside. I had 1/2 of my apple ate when Isabel and I pulled up to Goodwill to drop off the clothes. I set it up on the dashboard, opened the door and hopped out to ring the drop-off doorbell. Isabel climbed into my seat and knocked my apple into the slush on the ground!!! I only have 2 honeycrisps left until the fall!!! WAH!!!!;( :7

Not only did my apple get dunked in the slush, but my phone did too. Its a couple years old so of course it DIED! Had to get a new phone today too. ka-ching!!!!

DDs needed a nap *real bad* so we all climbed into my bed. I slept for about 40 minutes, they're still conked out! YAY!! I should go get some work done while I have a quiet house.

Funny gyno story! Yesterday morning I was in the shower and wanted to make sure *everything* was trimmed up so she wouldn't need a weed wacker to insert the speculum. I was in a hurry with my scissors and CUT MYSELF!!! I've always been scared I would do it, and now I did! Hurts to pee in certain positions so now I have to lean way back so the pee doesn't sting my cut! What a goof, huh?! Thanksfully, she didn't say anything!:7 DH laughed at me really hard.

Have a great afternoon!

HEllo!

I dont want to go back to work tomorrow, taking 3 days off is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.

Shirl, i have all of the ripped workouts, Jari is Canadian, so i try to support her, and i like the workouts. I havent done the new one yet, Ripped and Chisled though. do you have some of them?

Kate, i'm in shock about your trimming story, cause i did the SAME THING today!!! We're both goofs :)
The concert was great, i love the Editors and i got a bit dressed out, met some new people, DH and i had a good time. I was looking at the Body for life website, and they have a recipe section I made the banana bread, but made muffins instread. Its only 1/2 c whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder, ripe banana, applesauce, cottage cheese and i egg white. No sweetners, sugars etc. I havent tried them yet though, could taste like crap!
Steph

Hey Kate it is nice to have some quiet time for yourselve.

Thanks Shirl I think I understand endurance taining. So next month I'll do some endurance training and more cardio. This month I did heavy weight training 3 times per week and cardio only 2 or 3 times per week. I did lose weight this month hmmmmm. Maybe I just needed to change things up.

;( I'm going to miss my 20# DB :+

Ladies when you have a GYN appointment us safety scissors LOL :D :D :D :D . This has happen to me also.

Hey ladies, CRAZY day at work. I stayed an hour late, no bubba to pick up from school, I feel LOST without him!!

Sorry to bring this up again, but can I ask another question or two about the endurance-based lifting versus strength-based lifting. I do not really care for circuit workouts. I will do them if I have to, but I much prefer to separate my cardio and my lifting. I have Muscle Max, and plenty of DVDs with total body premixes, but I don't like them as much as 3 or 4 day splits.

So here is what I am thinking -- Can I do a week of muscular endurance (say, MM Mon and Thurs, more cardio, extra stretching, etc.), then do 3 week rotations of things like Gym Styles, Pyramids, Slow and Heavy? OR, should I do 3 or 4 week rotations of heavier lifting, then 3 or 4 weeks of endurance, then lather/rinse/repeat...?? My mind would prefer option A, and I believe that my muscles would too. But is that too much heavy lifting?

Ugghhhh, I just wish it was time for STS already!!!

Time for Dinner Max I suppose, check back later!

BTW, LMAO at Kate's "weed whacker" comment!! I do the same -- never cut myself, though!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.