[[[[[[[[ cLEAN & tidy wednesday ]]]]]]]]

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day!

What's in store for your workout and your menu?

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is your favorite book, and why?

Two days down, two to go! My work day today should be CRAZY -- I think I have 8 or 10 clients to see today. I also have a TON of paperwork to do.x( Oh well, it always winds up being not as bad as I expected it to be...

Workout will be IMAX2 today, and I also really really need to do abs! I slept well last night, so hopefully i'll have a ton of energy for this morning's cardio.

Menu~

B cereal
S crackers, apples
L grilled chicken and veggies
S banana and Kashi bar
D ???, need the check the fridge!

QUESTION: I'm not sure, i'll have to think on it... (I had a hard time coming up with a question this morning!)

Hello! Boy, am I glad yesterday is over! It was nonstop - literally not even 2 minutes between things I had to do. Hope today is a little better!

No workout - I'm experimenting having this be a rest week. I'm so busy this week that it would put a huge strain to workout so I'm declaring a rest week. I'm hoping to at least do some stretching today. This is so wierd! Tomorrow evening shouldn't be so busy so I'm tempted to declare yesterday and today rest days, but lift MM tomorrow. Except I can't w/o Friday either so maybe I should just take Thurs. off too. What do you think?

menu:
b - granola w/ raisins, banana or apple
s - banana or apple
l - scr. egg w/ 3 whites, peppers, salsa
s - ??
d - help me here - can't decide. We're having company and I'm making flank steak fajitas and tacos. The tacos will be made with ground sirloin, fairly lean. I have no idea on the f.steak nutrition info. I need to read the package to see whick meat would be a healthier choice. I will make a salad out of whatever meat is the best choice. I've never made f.steak fajitas before - hopefully thet turn out okay! Lots of veggies and healthy sides to go along with it. I have no dessert planned, so hopefully my company doesn't bring any! I don't want the temptation!

It's good to be back! Funny how I miss being here even after 1 day! You guys are the best!

OOPS! Favorite book!

Well, we read our Bibles everyday, does that count?

I have no idea on this one! I really have no time for reading! I think the last book I read (other than my Bible and DDs books to them everyday) would be The Red Tent. Can't really explain why! It's been so long since I read it! It follows the story of a girl named Dinah in the Bible. I normally NEVER read fiction books about the Bible (this is the only one actually) but a friend highly recommended it and bought it for me for my bday a few years back. I should read it again - where is it? I think I lent it out and my *&(&( SIL never returned it!

Have a great morning!

Morning

My fav books are the Bible and Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs . I did a study on this book a few years ago and I still remember those bad girls (women) }( . I guess on some level I can relate to them but I would not have done all the things that they did.;-) Liz Curtis Higgs writes books for the average women.

Katie I'm not sure about f.steak, I really do not like steak at all.

Katie good luck with your clients today. Hey I have a good question for tomorrow, what song(s) motivates or inspires you to do your best?

Kate good idea about a rest week I may take one after this month is over. Those heavy weights and DOMS is kicking my butt this month. Either I'll take a week off or I'll do a week of cardio and no weights. When I don't exercise I eat junk food and I don't sleep well.

My w/o GS-Back Shoulders and Bi. I want Cathe shoulders and her abs.:)

b-oatmeal
s-chocolate rice cakes 2
l-chicken and sw.potatoes
s-fiber one bar
d-ground turkey something (Maybe I'll make tacos for the kids)

I'm going to read yesterday evening posts BRB

I'm at work now.:( I hope that it is a light day.

Kate how is Mufasa doing?
Girl you ate a Larabar for dinner, didn't you wake up hungry?

I'm DONE stick a fork in me...DONE with having babies. I need and want my free time but God may have other plans.

Colleen that chipotle sounds good :9

Oh no I forgot to take the gd. turkey out of the freezer :eek:

Good morning Kate, Robin, and all to follow!

Kate, hope your day is better today. I say do whatever you want with your rest week or whatever you decide.

Robin, are the Gym Styles killer? I think taking a break from heavy lifting after your rotation is probably smart!

I think tonights dinner will be shephard's pie -- lean ground beef, peas, carrots, and potatoes (I will eat only a small amt of potatoes).

Check back later!!

Good Morning!

Ok, I can't believe I didn't think of my fitness obsession. It's so normal to me that I didn't even consider it. I'm sure there's something else. lol Oh well, on to the next question, favorite book; the Bible without a doubt. I love the classics like Jane Eyre, To Kill a Mockingbird, but the only books beside the Bible I read these days are fitness related or books to my children. We're reading Torches of Joy and the Island of Blue Dolphins. I just started reading The Millionare Workout.

Katie, What's going on with the dress? Were you able to resist the goodies last night? Were you laughing your butt off watching Idol? We were. :D

Robin, Your menu helped me to decide to have tacos for dinner tonight, too. Thanks for the help! :) Good workout!

Kate, Well, I would have had more children. Six years ago, I had an infection that attacked my heart, which resulted in heart disease. The Dr.'s said it would be best if we didn't have anymore children. They did not know how the stress of pregnancy would be on my heart.(pregnancy may have made the disease progress faster) My DH made sure we couldn't have more children. :( It took me awhile to get over my desire to have more children; even though I knew we made the right decision. So, it's something you and your DH have to decide. I believe you truly know deep inside what is best for you and your family. BTW, how's Mufasa?

Colleen, You sure have been busy at work. Is it the time of year or are you always this busy? Thank God you exercise, great stress release.

Jenn, Clean/tidy eating is a challenge for me too. Keep plugging away and don't be too hard on yourself.

Steph, What's on tap for today? What have they added to your workload? How's the neck, shoulder, back doing?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning cLean peeps!

good to see everyone! Last night i did PUB for the first time, matched Cathe's weights/or went heavier, i really liked it! Thats Kate for the suggestion.
I went to the chiro this morning, he wants me to buy a head traction device, i didnt tell him i lifted last night, i'm not supposed to go heavier than a resistance band!! I'm the worst patient ever.
Tonight, is my night with the personal trainer! I'm SCARED! He told me to bring my HRM etc, an hour and a half! We shall see. I'm supposed to be in traction, but i'm being thrown into bootcamp :)

Katie, I love IMAX2, havent done it in a while, i have the VHS. How was American Idol?
Fav book: this is hard, all i read are diet books for my column in the paper, so its work related. I read lots of pretty crappy diet books though :)

Kate, glad you're back! How about a circuit? Best of both worlds..that's what i do when i miss a lift and or cardio.

Robin, You seem to like the GS's! Good Christmas gift you got there. You sound a little frustrated..something tick you off at work?

Shirl, you are so sweet! Are you working out today? How was yesterday?

Well, i have no idea what today has in store workout wise, menu's will be the usual though...remember, the OCD i have, same things every week :)
BBL
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

I have to rush off to another meeting soon, so this will be quick. I don't really have a favorite book because I generally just read a book once. I love a good mystery.

Steph, don't worry about being a bad patient.
Kate, I think you should just make it a rest week. I think you will start seeing huge results next week. I believe Flank Steak is one of the leanest steaks you can get.
Katie, I am so jealous you only have 2 days left this week.
Shirl, sorry to hear about the heart infection.

w/o was 4DS All step (I deviated from Tracy because I was short on time)
b: oatmeal
l: pork
s: fruit
d: Sloppy Joes with lean meat.

Colleen

Hello again!

Shirl, Idol was hilarious, wasn't it? Haven't heard back from David's yet, hopefully today...

Stephanie, LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR, woman!

Colleen, great workout -- love that one!

Eating my lunch, then back to work for a few more hours of craziness! Tomorrow should be better though. AND, there is snow in my forecast which I love (so long as it is not so much to keep me from going to the BEACH)!

I hope it does not snow on your side of the beach Katie.:)

Did David's manager get back to you yet?

Steph patients sometime get on my nerve, my last good nerve. They just can not wait for their turn.

I eating lunch right now and not very happy with these leftovers.

I wonder if Cathe and the gang has started rehearsing for the new STS?

Gotta make this quick...

Katie, CAn I join you at the beach? I need a vaca too! Actually, I don't want a vacation. I want everyone else to take a vacation so I can catch up on some things - uninterrupted! IMAX2 is one my all-time faves - did you have fun? Anxious to hear from DB??

Robin - I want CAthe's abs too! You are kickin' butt w/ your workouts & meals! WTG! Mufasa is doing good, thanks. His gland is still swollen so dr. gave us some new med to try. I HATE! not being satisfied w/ a meal - always leads to overeating later! I want an STS update too! WAH!

Shirl, Sorry about the infection. Next week I'm going to my GYN for my annual - hopefully she can help me! She knows me pretty well.

Steph, HEAD TRACTION! You'll be like the girl in 16 Candles! LOL!!! Thanks for the circuit suggestion - tomorrow night for sure! I miss working out! and its only been 2 days! What is WRONG with us?!?!!?

Colleen, FUn workout! I looked up the flank steak and it is leaner than the sirloin.

Well, I ate more at lunch than I'd planned but hopefully still doing okay. Added pineapple, watermelon, crackers.

DDs need me..I think I caught up. Time for workmax, cleanmax.

STILL no call back from the David's Bridal people. The call has to come soon I would think, they said within 48 hours!

Got out of work late, which means dinner will be late, which means bed will be late. I HATE that! I am lucky to be off at 430, though.

Dinner Max, BBL!!

No posts since I left for Dinner Max?? HELLLOOOOO out there!!

Dinner was good, I am THIRSTY today! I have drank 100 ounces of water easily today -- it's crazy!

Idol is on again now, need to get to bed early tonight! See you ladies tomorrow!

Eating was pretty clean today except for a piece of chocolate. I was really hungry again, maybe I need to kick up the protein at breakfast. Or I am just tired.

Katie, never got into American Idol - I watch it occasionally but I really don't care who wins.
Kate, you have a big decision to make. Good luck!
Jenn, how was your day?
Robin, I bet Cathe and team have started rehearsing. They did need to get used to lifting all that weight :)

Has anyone seen the STS forum? Has it been there for days and I just missed it?

Have a good night everyone!

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.