@ Melters! Movin' on Monday! @

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. The "ramblers" let me sleep until I decided to get up at 4:07! Not sure why but I am not gonna ask! Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread, 287 calories.

Lainie:
Be careful with your knee.. you may be setting yourself back and then won;t be able to do anything! The only Cathe I bought twice was Slow & Heavy. I bought it the first time in VHS and hated it.. then for some reason it appealed to me and by that time Cathe had all DVD's so I bought it again and now it is my favorite! Go figure!..All my listings sold. Did you try the perfect push up things?

Shelley:
Hope you are in a better mood today;( . Did you get up and run? I think workouts in the am can really help your mood for the day.

Tneah:
What 40 minute I-Tread do you have ? I have #'s 1, 5, and 21. I like them all except you are right, there is no way I can walk at the pace she says. Also, I think that treadmills in gyms are a little easier. I don;t know why that is, but I can always go faster ( according to the readout on the treadmill) when I am using one in a gym.

Judy:
Sending good vibes your way..I hope your DD is better today.

Hi to Leanne, Shannon, Michele, TK and anyone else I missed,

Have a great day!

Deb ;-)

Goodmorning melters.

Deb, I happy to hear the rambling furry folk let you "sleep in." When do you leave for warmer climates? Have a safe, productive and FUN trip.

Shelley, awwww, your poor fist! Did you damage the door? DH once put his fist through a door during an especially trying tantrum DS was having. And you're right, it's better than the other things you could have hurt.

Judy, {{HUGS}} to you and your dad. I hope all ends well. It's so hard when parents start to fail. Does your dad live at home? Alone?

tneah, LOL at your floor issues. That is one of the major reasons, along with never being home, that we never got a dog. We have hard wood floors through most of the house and I hate the thought of wet, dirty doggie prints all over. Good for you at the bruch. I hope Mr Tranierman gives you an Attagirl!

Well, I never got to my workout yesterday. I went to the library and brought home a huge pile of books, and considered that my upper body workout. I'm not sure if I have the dedication to do a workout today or tomorrow morning. We'll see how I feel after work. Anyone here want to kick my non-melting butt? Only one more day of work...

Hi to Lainie, Leanne, Michele, TK, Shannon, (who's I forget?). I'll try to get back later to see whats up with you all.

Morning Deb and Robin and all who follow~

Well, I had a craptastic sleep last night. I'm really congested so I kept waking myself up, not being able to breathe. Lainie - I think we're somehow connected:p Anyway, that meant I didn't get up early to do my workout. I'll do it this evening.

Deb - nice of the ramblers to let you "sleep in".

Robin - my fist and the door are both fine.:p Enjoy those books and your time off!

Off to check out what happened with Judy's dad!

Happy Monday, Melters!

Well, I don't know about that... but let's try, shall we? ;)

I think work will be relatively calm today. I hope so. The good news is that the office officially closed Friday, after I'd already left. So maybe I won't have to take vacation time for that sleety day.

I have the Body Max 2 cardio premix on tap for today. I'll try it and get as far as I can. If my calf misbehaves, I'll just hop on the elliptical, I suppose. I could use some "happy calf" vibes!

Deb - wow - you got to sleep all the way until 4 a.m.! LOL! I'll bet you feel bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning.

Robin - so, after you brought all those books home, did you curl up and start reading? That sounds like an ideal Sunday afternoon.

Shelley - I guess your weekend wasn't so great, huh? Is your elbow really messed up? Maybe this week will be better... surely it has to!

Judy - I sure hope your dad is okay. Does he get to go home today?

Hi to Cuz, Leanne, Lanie, TK and Tneah!!!

Greetings from the west coast!:7 Yep, I am up...;(

Sleep was "craptastic" to borrow from Shelley;) . Woke up three times and the third, I looked at the clock and thought, 5:55? I'm a big girl now, get up and get goin' already Tneah!:) I went to bed at 10:30pm so I got my zzz's. Have to rest the old bones at least 7 hours a night or else I'm no good the rest of the day.

So Deb, I wish I had my ipod here to let you know which one I got, but its in my workout room, and I haven't had enough coffee yet to even think about entering that room just yet!:7 Glad you got a few extra winks? 4am? There is just no way. Yeah, I think you are right, walking on the treadmill at the gym seems easier for some reason? Strange.

Robin, your surgery is tomorrow!!!:7 :7 Yeah! you are that much closer to total recovery right? Now do not be nervous, and make sure you have a "place" you will be after surgery. I laid on the couch in the living room, its close to the kitchen, and has a better TV than the bedroom. Oh I am so excited for you, you will do just fine. Oh and make sure you stock all of your easy to prepare foods and lots of water, the meds will make you pretty thirsty and stuff. Ok, I am done bossing you around.;)

Shelley, glad to hear your fist is ok, and sorry to hear you are stuffy again.x( What's up with this silly cold/flu thing that hangs on forever? Same thing happened with my DH! It finally went away last week after a few months.I am sure it isn't helping your energy levels cutting into your restful sleep and all.

Shannon, sending much calf healing vibes your way this morning!:) I have never even attempted BM2 for some reason. It never appealed to me, because it is soooo long. I have said it before, but I really do not like to workout more than 60 minutes at a time, I will do more at night if need be, but to workout for 90 minutes straight? Oh my goodness! I lose focus and get really irritated!:7 Right now I am liking my 40 minutes in the am, and 40 minutes pm because it splits it up.

You are right, I gave myself a "atta-girl" yesterday!:7 I feel like I am in mourning right now, I haven't lost enough fat yet to really get all excited, so am feeling deprived and pissed off. Maybe this is part of the process, I don't miss my wine now, but ask me again when March 4th rolls around--we are going to see Bette Midler!:) Sigh. Again, I am not complaining because I chose to walk this walk for 12 weeks (and paid for it), I am just finding it hard to retrain myself to eat really, really clean again.

Enough about my self-imposed angst.;) Okay, its time for cardio, its been great experimenting with different cathe cardio's, I find the kickbox workouts do not get my heartrate up and keep it there, only step and MIC so it still gives me a nice variety to choose from.
Everyone have a great day, BBL!

Hiya Melters!

Well it seems that I messed up all of my good work Saturday with a terrible (eating) day yesterday. We spent the day with my parents, and I did well for lunch, but Dad cooked dinner and he gets his feelings hurt if you don't eat, and he's also a really good cook and my parents have an amazing wine collection, so you get the idea. So I overindulged a bit. But today is a new day. Tonight is ballet.

Deb: Glad you got to sleep until an almost decent hour today!

Robin: What books did you get? I also took another "unplanned" rest day yesterday. You kick my butt and I'll kick yours!

Shelley: Sorry you're not feeling well! Take care of yourself!

Shannon: Sending happy calve vibes your way for Body Max 2 (SO fun!)

Tneah: Sorry you're feeling a little down. THat's probably because of the lack of sleep. You're doing GREAT!! I wish I were as committed as you. Keep up the good work. If you are like me, results always come at a slower rate, but once you start seeing results, I"m sure they'll be very substantial!

So, I bought one of those magazines yesterday at the grocery store that had an article in it to help you "Lose 10 pounds in two weeks!" Yes, I'm a sucker. But this was a good article with some good little menus in it for learning how to eat "mini-meals" all throughout the day. I've wanted to start doing this to test it out, but I never knew EXACTLY what to eat without making it six mega-meals. This is a good guide. More of a guide than a "diet". I don't do "diets" anymore. So anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Hello to all who follow!!! Have a great Monday, Melters!

Good morning, everyone!

How is everyone doing today? It's pouring rain like crazy right now, but hopefully it will let up later on since I have to run errands and go grocery shopping. Today it's back to work -- I have some short student papers to read over, and then some reading to prep for classes tomorrow.

Today I'll be doing Imax2, followed by some Core Max. Have you all checked out the blog? I can't believe that there will be quite so many new crew members. That paper plate thing is already scaring me! What workouts will you all be doing today?

Judy -- I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! Is he doing any better today? Is he still in the hospital? Sending you {{{HUGS}}}!

Robin -- Are you doing alright this morning and getting ready for the surgery tomorrow? I probably won't get a chance to check in tomorrow since it's one of my crazy work days, but know that I'm sending all my positive thoughts your way! You'll be stepping again soon! What books did you get for your recovery reading?

Tneah -- Sounds like you had a nice brunch yesterday! Are you still getting a lot of rain? We didn't get the thunderstorms yesterday that we were supposed to, but it's pouring right now. Hang in there, girl, with your challenge! You're doing great -- and you really are melting!

Michele -- Hope that you're well!

Deb -- What do you do for work that you get to take such fun trips? Are you all packed and ready to go? When do you leave exactly? Glad you got to sleep in a bit, although 4:00 is still awfully early!

Shannon -- Glad that the office closed on Friday after you left. It didn't sound safe to keep everyone there if they'd have to drive home in even worse weather. I'm sending happy calf vibes your way! Have fun doing BM2 cardio; I just did it this premix for the first time on Saturday, and it was really fun!

Shelley -- Try to rest today if you still feel congested! It's no fun working out when you can't breathe!

Lainie -- How are you feeling??? Get to a Dr. if you still feel sick! I finished up my three weeks of 4DS last Wednesday, so now I'm doing three or four weeks of S&H. Did your Mat Step arrive? Have you had a chance to use it? How is your knee today?

TK -- How was your weekend? Have you picked up any new step routines?

Emily -- Hope you had a nice weekend!

Stephanie -- How was your weekend? Will you be making it to ballet this week?

Mornin' Melters! :) Did everyone have a nice weekend?

Mine was fabulous because I RAN for the first time in 5 months!!! :D :D :D Yesterday it was nice outside and I thought, hey, why don't I just give it a try? It was great! I don't think I'll be running any marathons anytime soon, but at least I can incorporate a little running into my routine again. :)

Deb, how nice that you got to "sleep in" til 4:07. ;)

Robin, I definitely think carrying library books home is considered an arm workout. :)

Shelley, I hope you sleep better tonight!

Judy, I hope your dad is alright! ((((hugs))))

Shannon, I'm sending happy calf vibes. ;)

Tneah, you had crappy sleep too??? I hope tonight is better. I feel your pain - I'm worthless on less than 7 hours of sleep too.

Stephanie, maybe you need to allow yourself a cheat day every week, so you don't beat yourself up so much! :) It's okay to indulge every now and then.

Leanne, have fun with IMAX2 - that's one of my favorites! :D

Just a quick check-in. I went to physical therapy this morning for my knees--funny thing is my ankle hurts now (the one that I injured a while back and went to pt for as well). Oh well. The PT said I should not do step aerobics "for now" so I guess that doesn't mean for good, at least. :) I told him about using the MatStep and said I still had pain when I used it but said I could probably do it lower impact, and he said I can do that unless it starts to hurt. Today is 4DS LIS so that's already low impact and I'll do it with my new MatStep. He said not to do any lower body work other than what I do at physical therapy (and home exercises he gives me). So at least I have some instructions to work with now.

As for my illness, I feel o.k. during the day--it's just at night that the drainage bothers me and I start coughing. I might go to the doctor soon but it never seems to do any good. x(

Be assured that I am jollier than you might think with all these physical complaints. I'm a happy person and it takes a lot to really slap me down. I'm about to go put Ewan down for a nap and then do my workout, so I'll BBL for personals.

p.s. Using the word "jollier" reminds me of something my mom used to say. "I'm going to beat you halfway to jolly and back." I couldn't figure out how she was going to beat me until I was happy until I realized it referred to the town of Jolly, Texas. Apparently her mother said it to her as well. Don't worry, she wasn't abusive--I got the occasional spanking but just like most kids back in the day did.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi all. I just found out my admission is at 11am tomorrow, with surgery scheduled at 1pm. I wish it were earlier, but what can you do?

Shannon, I started reading, then fell asleep and took a nice nap. Guess I better count on doing a workout this afternoon, since I skipped yesterdays. Good luck with the calf. It seems to be meeting all the challenges you've been throwing at it. Is the big project done now?

tneah, I plan on parking myself on the couch in the familyroom. My DH will be there tomorrow and DD will be home all day Wed, so I'll be sure to boss them around good. You are doing great, in spite of the anger and angst. Stay strong. 12 weeks will be over before you know it. Then we'll all be soooo jealous of your hard, strong body.

Stephanie, I don't really remember what books I got, other than a couple non fiction "bird" books. One is the history of bird watching. (I can HEAR all you rolling your eyes!) and the other is some kind of songbird ecology thing. Oh, and some short stories by Woody Allen. No matter what you think of the man personaly, he is a riot.

Lainie, could you be dealing with allergies? Do you take a decongestant at night? Can't some of them have a kind of reverse affect if you take them too long?

Leanne, doesn't it always seem to rain on grocery day? Do you ever get discouraged reading your student's papers? I took a creative writing class at my DH's college a couple years ago and couldn't believe what poor students some of them were. Maybe I'll do some writing while I'm off. I haven't sat at my "writing desk" in forever.

Emily, way to go on the run. I'll be thinking of you in a couple months when the weather is warmer and my knee is healed. I would like to include a run once a week or so.

Michele, where are you? How did the weekend trip go? You and your family are in my prayers.

TK, I thought of you Saturday night when I was up with a crying baby at 1AM. We watched the Antique Roadshow from Baltimore.

Less than an hour left of work. I sure don't feel like being productive. Hey, at least getting a late start tomorrow morning means I can hang out here. See you then.

Thanks for the kind words Robin! And I am happy to hear you got it all worked out on the homefront.:p

Howdy, Melters - Monday is moving right along, and that's a good thing. Hopefully everyone's day is going well. Thanks for all the happy calf vibes!

Tneah - hey, if 40 minutes of cardio works for you, go for it. But I'd feel like I missed my workout. :7

Stephanie - you'll have to tell us how the mini-meals work for you. But it sounds like I might have to lecture you about obsessing... :p Please be careful.

Leanne - has it stopped raining yet? I hope you didn't get drenched while grocery shopping!

EMILY!!!!!!! - Yahooooo!!!!! I'm so excited that you were able to run!

Lanie - I'm glad you have some workout guidelines. Hang in there and remember - it took Cathe nearly a year, I think, to recover from her injury and be able to film the "circuit" series. You'll get better!

Robin - good luck with your surgery tomorrow. And then four weeks off, huh? Did you get enough books from the library??? My calf is accepting most of the challenges, but I tried the first combo of HIS this weekend and it wasn't too thrilled. It'll get there. As for the big project - it's still ongoing, but our department's part is done for now. It might come back in the last phases, or maybe not. We'll just wait and see.

Hiya Melter's!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. Truth be told, I'm not melting. I'm actually augmenting. Would anyone care to join me in an Augmenter's check-in!? :p

Seriously, I haven't worked out in a good 2 weeks -- maybe 3 -- and my dietary choices haven't exactly been stellar, either *SIGH*. I'm planning to get back on track starting today so keep your fingers crossed for me, k?

There's a lot going on with my family right now and it's kind of zapped my energy. I haven't felt much like posting, but I have been lurking and I so appreciate the way you've continued to ask about me. I'll join you again as soon as things calm down a bit. I continue to root for each of you as you go about your melting.

My best to you!! :*

Hello again. I did 4DS LIS but skipped the calves part. I used my MatStep and didn't burn as many calories as usual, but at least it was better for my knees that way. Still a fun workout. I pushed myself and lifted heavier than last week, matching Cathe's weight on at least half of it, which is good for me.

Deb, yes I've used the perfect pushups a couple times (like when I do 4DS HIS). I like them but they are TOUGH. Normally I can do at least a handful of pushups on my toes, but not with those things--it's all knees with them.

Robin, good luck with surgery--bet you're glad it will be over soon. Yes, I do have allergies (allergic to everything that grows outside, plus dust mites and mold inside) but my concern is that the mucus I've got going is the thick nasty kind and not the thin allergy kind, if that makes sense. I don't take decongestants because most cold meds wipe me out, even just decongestants. I've been taking Mucinex during the day some (which is just an expectorant) and Mucinex DM at night (which is an expectorant and cough suppresant).

Shelley, sorry you feel so crappy--I swear I didn't cough or sneeze on that scrapbooking stuff I sent!

Shannon, happy calf vibes from me! You're probably already done with your workout, anyway. I love BM2.

Tneah, you can do it--just a few weeks is all! (says the girl who couldn't even survive a week on the South Beach Diet).

Stephanie, I'd be happy to fill in for you next time you have to visit your parents and eat that great food and drink the wine. But they are probably not in NY, so I guess it won't work. I can't even visit my own parents because they're in TX. :(

Leanne, yes, I've used the MatStep a couple times--it definitely takes the intensity down but I guess it's for the best as far as my knees are concerned. I couldn't believe my knees bothered me even using the MatStep on Saturday, but I guess HIS was too high-impact even on a flat surface.

Emily, glad you got to run. I like to run outside when I get the chance (there's a gorgeous wooded trail overlooking the Hudson nearby), but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to with my wonky knees, so I envy you!

Michele, http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif Sorry you've been having a rough time. Don't beat yourself up about not being able to work out and don't worry if it takes a while to get back to posting. We miss you, though!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey Michele! We don't care if you aren't melting! :) Please pop in more often to say hi okay?

Sorry to hear about family stressors, I can understand that. Just know that we are thinking about you.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.