@@ Happy Weekend MELTERS! @@

Hi Deb!:) I am here...barely.;)

What a day I had yesterday...yukky. Hopefully AF slows her frantic pace today so I can workout and feel more normal.

I woke up too early, will probably go back to bed. DH wants to see the new Indiana Jones movie tonight, again, hopefully I can swing it. Woke up with either cramps, or my lower back is acting up. Ugh.
Its overcast here and supposed to rain which is strange.

I will be back when everyone checks in to see whats up!:)

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I have developed a &%&(*^&^* awful sinus infection. I should have known better than to mow the grass Sunday. x( Anyway, I have been down and out, but will try to catch up later. I hope everyone's weekend is going well!

Tneah--I am so sorry about the Flo from hell!!! :(

Kara:)

Happy Saturday, everyone!

It's still rainy and cold here, so we'll probably spend the day indoors, huddled up. I already started Laundry Max, but need to get going on Clean Max. I actually slept in this morning until almost 6:30. Woo hoo! I was up at 4:15 and then again at 5:30, but willed myself to get bad to Slumber Land! Today I will start the anorexic Barbie workouts. We'll see how long they last . . . .

Deb -- What are your plans for today? Only a few more weeks until you get to go pick up Keegan! Do you have plans for the holiday on Monday?

Tneah -- Sending you ENORMOUS {{{HUGS}}}!! What a rough week you've had, what with Aunt Flo being here and also the problems with your teeth. Will you be able to get into your dentist today for that crown or will you have to wait until next week? Sorry you're still feeling so yucky, babe! Can you put off the movie until tomorrow if you're still not feeling well? I'm sending you some Go-Away-AF vibes!

Kara -- We missed you yesterday! Sorry to hear about that dang sinus infection! We have a bunch of rain here, so my sinuses have also been acting up. Did you go to the Dr.? Just rest and take it easy; those sinus infections really make you feel miserable!

Lainie -- Ah, did you get around to doing some yoga with Spider Man last night? I've also heard good things about that Candlelight Yoga, so I'll have to try it!

Jennifer -- Sounds like you had a busy evening last night!

Robin -- Hope work slows down! When you get home, will the SIL be there?

Hi to Shelley and Shannon!

Hi all. I have a few minutes of down time before lunch.

Kara, boo on the sinus infection! DH used to get one yearly and would be miserable. He seems to have out grown them.

Tneah, sorry to hear your back is acting up, along with Aunt Flo's misery. Funny, we've had 8 days of rain and cold and now that it's finally sunny and warming up, it seems like the rest of you have ugly weather. I hope we have some decent weather in Yellowstone. I'm expecting it to be cool, but sure would hate to have rain everyday like we did in the Virgin Islands.

Leanne, hooray for sleeping in. My SIL arrived last night at about 10. I fed them some leftovers, since I hadn't expected them to want dinner, and went to bed at 11. I "slept in" this morning too. I got up at 5:30 instead of my usual 4:45. I knew I wouldn't be able to get on the computer at home, since someone is sleeping in that room.

Well, our Lobsterfest was hectic, but delicious. Our friend had seen an ad for a group selling them as a fund raiser. When she ordered them, she thought they said they would be delievered to her home. We waited and waited. It was getting later and later, when finally she found a number to call. Turns out she was to have picked them up. We ended up eating at 8pm, which wasn't a problem, except that DH had to leave at 8:30 to pick his sister up at the airport. (Flying your own plane is very convienient for you, but not so much for everyone else.)
The other problem was that she paid for 6, but when we opened the box, there were only 5 of the critters.

Oh, when I was at the farmer's market on Wed, I stopped at a stand to buy asparagus. My friend asked if they had any mushrooms. The girl waiting on us dug a plastic box out from her frig and said, "Let me show you what I have," in a secretive kind of way. She opened the lid and I almost swooned - morels!!! Anyone ever have any? They are a wild mushroom and taste delishious. I've never found any, in spite of always being on the look out.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:OjSeTqO6NR8J:www.grayling-mi.com/morel2.jpg

I could only afford about a 1/4 pound. (They were $2/0z) After I sauted them in olive oil, with a little white wine, garlic and parsly, everyone got about a tablespoon. Mmmmmmm. With the lobster, aparagus and 'shrooms, it was a meal fit for a king!

Hey guys,

Well I managed to muck through a 40 minute itread with Grace. Although I have to admit, I walked a bit slower then I normally do, oh well. Not every workout is an outstanding/record breaker right? Then I did chest/arms/abs...it only took me about 45 minutes, again, had to lower the weights a bit, not feeling super strong today, but at least I did it.;)

Now I can rest easy the rest of the day. I just had almond butter on a rice cake, where has this almond butter been all my life?:p

Leanne, thanks for the hugs, I really appreciate it! Am feeling better today thank goodness, also started on my new thyroid meds this am, hope they kick in work well for me.Have a nice cozy day inside, I adore days like that. It looks like its getting sunny now, so time to walk the pup.:)

Robin, no I have not had the opportunity to taste a morel, but I will take your word for it, sounds yummy! I adore mushrooms anyway, so I am sure I would love them. How nice you have a farmers market to buy your fresh produce. I am sorry, those plane flying relatives of yours bug the crap outta me.:p Did you have to drop the lobsters in boiling water still alive?:eek: Oh dear, thats where I couldn't bear it. Someone else has to do the killing for me, but I will willingly participate in the eating!:7 What a hypocrite right?;)

Okay, time for the shower and tending to Georgie's needs today, poor thing did not get his walk yesterday, and he is quite upset by this.:)

BTW, I watched PS I Love You the movie last night, wept through the whole dang thing I did. It was sweet, love Hilary Swank.

Hey all,

Robin -- Glad that the Lobster Fest turned out well, despite all the fiascos leading up to it! I'm with Tneah on those plane-flying relatives -- they bug me, too, and I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all their stuff. I've never had morels before, but they sound heavenly. What a wonderful treat for your glorious meal last night!

Tneah -- I'm glad you're feeling better, babe! I hope that those new meds kick in soon and that you start to feel better. Are you still going to look for a new Dr.? Sounds like a good idea! Oh, I can't wait to see PS I Love You. I read the book when it came out and also cried like crazy, and have been meaning to rent the movie when DH is out with the guys.

I got an email a little while ago that my new kettlebell DVD just shipped! Hooray! OK, back to dusting and then my workout. :)

Evening all!

What a busy day! Got up this morning, walked the dogs, ran five miles, puttered around the garden, put laundry on, got Sophie up and fed and then to piano. Grabbed lunch, then she and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. LOVED.IT!!! Stopped at the grocery store, came home, mowed the lawn, made dinner and now here I am! Oh, there's more laundry on too. Yowza!

Tneah - so sorry about the cramps and AF. She's such a witch, isn't she?

Leanne - ooooh, let us know how the kettlebells are! I'm so tempted!

Robin - your lobsterfest sounds wonderful. I adore morels! I don't ever buy them, mind you!

Kara - so sorry about the sinus infection. Those are killer, aren't they?

Hi to everyone else!! Okay, I don't know if I should vent on this, but I'm absolutely livid about some comments in the Grey's Anatomy thread in the OD forum. LIVID!

Shelley! You had me worried you were in the hospital getting a bodypart removed!:eek: I know, I tend towards hysteria.;) Glad to see you are doing better chica, sound like your day was busy as usual, nice you have Sophie this weekend too. We are supposed to see that movie sometime this weekend, so glad you loved it.:7
Oh do tell! I love a little controversy over in the OD....will have to check it out. I do not watch Greys Anatomy, isn't it some surgery show? I am popping right over there now!

Howdy everyone, Lainie where the heck are ya?

Hello Melters.

Tneah-Hope you're feeling better. Aunt Flo is NOT the good aunt.

Kara-Sinus infections are nasty.

Leanne-kettleballs are quite interesting, don't own any but would like your input.

Shelley-how did you like that movie?
You've had quite the busy day.

Robin-not into seafood, but lobsters are always intriquing.

Oh that pissed me off! And I responded. I cannot stand ignorance like that. I attempted a bit of humor,to diffuse my harshness, but I do not care, that was ugly plain and simple.

BTW, am responding to the Grey's Anatomy thread.

Hey Jennifer, you are so funny, lobsters are quite the intriguing sea creature aren't they? I often wonder if Phoebe from "Friends" was right when she said they mate for life?:7

Hello all. I'm really late coming along today. It was just a bit of a busy Saturday. We went to Home Depot again (we seem to be there a lot lately) and got some more plants and another tree. So then when we came home I had to do some gardening, of course. The new tree was a Japanese Maple we put in our front yard. We love those things. I mainly worked in the front garden patch, though. I found the first rosebud of the summer! Just in time for the start of the season. I also was busy again with cleaning and laundry and stuff. It's one of those days that when I read the description it doesn't sound that busy, but I didn't have much free time anyway. We grilled some steaks, bratwurst, and zucchini for dinner.

OK, enough of that boring stuff. And on to other boring stuff. I woke up with swollen lymph glands, so I was afraid I was coming down with something. Then I had a headache much of the day--oh yeah, that's part of why I didn't show up earlier--not just being busy. I feel fine right now, though, and the glands aren't swollen, so hopefully it's all good now.

Oh, and no workout today, but I always rest on either Saturday or Sunday so I made this the rest day. I'll do a circuit workout tomorrow.

Kara, so sorry you got a sinus infection. Ugh, hope you feel better soon.

Leanne, good luck with Jari Love. She does look a little odd but I guess I've gotten over it. I actually sold some of her workouts and then got them again (but got them through swapadvd.com the second time around, at least) so I guess I decided in her favor after all. My favorites of hers are Get Ripped (the first one) and Get Ripped & Chiseled. I like how she lists everyone's weights they use and I like how she'll have some using barbells and some using dumbbells and that sort of thing. Oh, which kettlebell workout did you get? And yeah, I posted a new Spider-Man yoga post on my fitness blog.

Robin, yum, mushrooms! I love them, though I don't think I've had morels, unless I had them in some dish in Europe and didn't know it because they were in a different language. I ate some awesome stuff in France that I never knew the English translation for it.

Tneah, almond butter? I haven't tried that. I did try soynut butter or some crap like that once but I hated it. I hated it so much I wanted to bury it in a deep hole in my backyard and never look upon it again, but then I was afraid it would grow into some evil soynut butter tree and I'd have to burn it down and bury it deeper. Oh nevermind, I get weird when it's late.

Shelley, I hadn't read that Grey's anatomy thread until you mentioned it here, but I went and checked it out. I'm with ya, girlfriend. A big part of why I changed church denominations was that same issue. I'm so glad I go to a lovely welcoming church now. I'm surprised how vehement some people can be about homosexuality--even my own family members surprise me with the things they say sometimes.

Jennifer, how's it going this weekend? Busy having a good time?

OK, gonna get ready for bed soon. I'm glad I finally got to check in today and I'm glad this is only Saturday of a weekend thread so that ya'll will hopefully read it.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Lainie, I'm up!:7 I hate soynut butter too, its disgusting!x( But if you like almonds, you will like the almond butter, its richer than PB so I actually do not feel tempted to eat the whole jar like I do with PB.

I am sorta watching Hairspray-the musical/movie.x( I am trying sooo hard to fall in love with it, but its a bit too "chirpy" for my tastes I guess. I am not a fan of musicals, love the Phantom--the story is heart breaking and the music beautiful, but anything else usually leaves me cold. Darn it,and it was so popular I know. Oh and I did like Grease...wasn't John T. just dreamy back then?:p

That thread struck a nerve with me, I was just talking to a dear friend about Danny, my friend that died of AIDS yesterday, talking about how much he would have loved to seen Cher... I have never understood why society choses to hate a group of people just because..god it hurts me that people are so mean. I remember in high school, all the jocks that mocked both Danny (calling him those lovely names) and myself of course for hanging out with him. I never cared, never thought two thoughts about it. Sorry, time for me to go to bed, some things in this world make your heart feel likes its crying.

Nighty night guys.:)

Well, as you can see, I haven't gone to bed yet.... We're watching The Big Lebowski on TV, and I am not sure why I'm staying up late watching it since I have it on DVD and so could watch it any time.

I didn't really want to see Hairspray because John Travolta in drag kind of creeped me out. Nothing against dudes in drag, just Travolta in drag was icky for some reason. Some guys can do it and look like a lovely woman, some can do it and look very funny, and some just really shouldn't do it.... Anyway, I'm picky about musicals in general, though I do love Grease and can sing every song from that one. I can also sing a lot of the Phantom of the Opera songs--had a couple of friends in high school who played piano and they'd play while we sang through the Phantom songbook. We were all in choir together, so that's my explanation for that geeky pasttime.

Tneah, something weird about the same issue. I have often credited my mom with teaching me to be more open-minded and to love people of all types because I thought that's the way she was. One of her good friends is a gay man and she read a poem at his lover's funeral, etc. Then when I joined the Episcopal church, the first thing she said was, "Didn't you know their new leader is pro-gay?!?" "Uh yeah, Mom, o.k. And?"

OK, now I should probably go to bed if I want to get up and go to my accepting church tomorrow.

ETA: I also wrote about the issue (regarding church mainly) on my blog: http://lainiefig.blogspot.com/2008/02/for-bible-tells-me-so-gays-vs-church.html

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Morning all!

Thanks for backing me up on the Grey's thread. I just don't understand it. We're all PEOPLE! Who cares who you choose to love?

Tneah, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Good for you for not letting other people dictate who you chose to befriend, especially in high school, when it's so easy to give into peer pressure.

Lainie - how are you feeling today? Are those lymph nodes down? I adore Japanese maples, but just can't bring myself to pay the steep price for one - yet ;)

What's everyone up to today? I'm just getting going here (just gave Chris a haircut, now I'm about to jump in the shower), then we're off to the garden centre. We'll be outside all day. One of the jobs this week is to take out the stream from our pond and redo it. I'm going to take some before pics and I'll post them. The after pics won't be much different, since we're just planning to dig it deeper, not change its path or anything. Okay, I'm blathering on here and should get going. I'll check back in later!

Good morning folksies. I'm at work. It looks like it will be a quiet day. Of course, I started it off by knocking 5 glass tubes, full of blood and bacteria on the floor. Good news though. Only four of them shattered.

Yesterday when I got home, the only person there was our friend who was cooking the Thai dinner for our company, so I got a chance to step. I did Amy's ASC2. The dinner was wonderful. She made a beef salad, with all kinds of seeds and seasonings coating the meat, a red curry pork, Thai BBQ chicken, veggie stir fry, soup, Pad Thai and two kinds of rice - Jasmine and sticky. We have a ton of leftovers.

I didn't read the Grey's thread when someone mentioned a fear of getting flamed. I try not to get involved with that kind of thread. I do have to state that I try to "hate the sin, love the sinner." Whether or not you think homosexuality is a sin is your own opinion. I personally think it is because the Bible says it is. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'll find out some day. I'll also admit that I know and like some gay people much better than some people who claim they are Christian.

Shelly, have fun redigging your stream. I was on facebook yesterday and noticed you had posted some pictures of your visit. I miss you!

Tneah, {{hugs}} about your friend, Danny.

Lainie, hope you aren't getting sick again.

Hi to Leanne, Shannon, Jennifer and anyone else who is in the mood to melt.

Hi Melters - Just dropping by to see how y'all are doing. I'm not going to stay long. The week has been fabulous. I'm glad I still have Memorial Day, because I really don't want it to end. But then, all good things must come to an end, right?

I saw the Indiana Jones movie Friday and LOVED it. It was soooo much fun. Nothing can top Raiders of the Lost Ark, but this one came close. And old Harrison still looked pretty dang good. }(

If you don't mind, I'd just like to comment on the homosexual thing... I had a close relative who was gay and who died of AIDS back in the early 80s. He was a very nice, caring and neat guy. He did not choose to be gay, and it was hard for him to understand why he was different when he was growing up. But as an adult, he found happiness. I honestly cannot believe that homosexuality is a sin, or that it's wrong. True, most of us are not homosexual, so in that sense, I guess it's not "normal." But there's no way you'll ever convince me that this person was a sinner for something he didn't choose.

I suppose I should go find that Gray's thread and post this there. But I'm too lazy and want to get away from the computer now. :7

Okay, gals - sorry for the lack of personals. I hope you all enjoy the long weekend. I'll see you next week!!!

Thanks Shelley. After I posted that I got to thinking. Just so I don't come off sounding too high and mighty, I also think eating too much, gossip and selfishness are sins. These are all faults of mine, so, yes, I am a sinner too. I also think God sees sin as sin. I don't think He sees one sin as more sinful than another sin. And I also believe He will forgive me for my many sins when I ask Him too. Alright, so much for my little sermonette.

Shelley, the stream looks amazing. I would like the story behind the toilet brush, please.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.