--->Let's Go--->burn baby burn Wednesday<---

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

CONGRATS GIN!!!:) :) :) I am so happy you got the K position!!:)

Just finished B&G #3 premix and stability ball abs! O.M.G!!! What a workout- I wanted to cry by the time I was doing the low pulse lunges! And the names I called Cathe:eek: ! I changed my mind, THIS is the hardest workout on the B&G dvd! Last week was a walk in the park!!LOL

DS8 has the science fair tonight and DS11 has his last reg. season game (before playoffs start next week) tonight. Good thing DH is off!

Meals:
preworkout: handful of almonds
bfast: steel cut oatmeal and yes - an orange!:)
snack: 1/2 protein bar
lunch: spicy bean burger, spinach salad and a fruit
snack: not sure
dinner: red lentil and veg soup again and small peice of bread

Gin~ I hope you get your Terminator dvd soon. How was 4DS kb/bc today? fun?}( Have you noticed any results from our rotation this month? I am noticing my hips are not that "hippy" so I am happy:)

Marcy~ I hope you had a good workout today.

Have a great day
bbl,
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was a run and then 4ds KB/BC....Whew!:p

Deanie--Thank you for your congrats on the job! I am excited. I called the teacher and she wants me to go up to the school today and go over things with her and her present assistant. I'm meeting the interim pre-school director for lunch today and plan to tell him about my new job.:-( I have worked with him for 12 of my 16 years. this will be tough.
You made me laugh talking about B&G. Not sore today, although my right hamstring is a little tight. I really will be glad to put this one away for awhile after next week.x( And this is the one I had Cathe sign at the RT! I find myself talking back to her all the time!
Enjoy ds's last regular game tonight.
I have not really noticed any results, but I just usually don't!!:eek: Maybe if I changed my eating. Glad you have noticed results.
I need to get the ebay purchase straightened out. Don't know what happened. I will change the rest of the week's rotation: Th-KB class with Laura from RT + BM upper body, Fri- run, PLB, Sat.-yoga.

Marcy--We missed you yesterday! Do you see DWTS? Kristi and Mark's freestyle dance was my favorite!!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Ladies!

I just typed a long post which got deleted so I'll try to remember everything. Yesterday was a rest day since the night before I got up at 1am and didn't get back to sleep. We decided to order bedroom furniture yesterday so it should be here on Friday.

DH is on a job interview right now and I just sent in my resume for a job from Craig's List.

Today was Squeeze again. This workout is great for shoulders (went a little longer with 3# then had to drop down again to 2#), triceps, legs/butt and abs. It's lacking in back and biceps so I added in exercises from MM and GSBS&B as follows:

Back:

MM - Underhand dbbl rows: 15#

BS&B
T Band Squeeze
Modified Back Extensions
Back Side Rotations

Biceps (all from GS)
Partial dbbl curls - 8# both sets
Concentration curls - 10# (only 1 set but did bonus reps)
Curl up/turn down - 10#
Hammer Curls with bonus - 12#
Wrist Curls - 1st set 10#, 16 reps; 2nd set - 10#, 8 reps

I also did one chinup and one pullup.

Breakfast: Egg whites with yellow pepper and spinach; WW toast and blueberries
Lunch: Probably Healthy Choice meal
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Chicken cutlets and asparagus

Gin - Congrats on getting the job! I'm so happy for you. I know it's hard leaving a job after so many years but it's good you have someplace to go to. I'm glad Kristi won and I liked her freestyle the best although Jason was pretty good but he's not in Kristy's league.

How did the step class go?

Deanie - Sorry you're so sore from B&G. Glad you decided to stick with 4DS next month.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

First let me say I blew my menu todayx( Got my "friend" today (surprise!) and ate a ton of Cheese Its this morning. It was the snack we gave to the kids. I stood with the box and ate and ate, and had to make myself stop!!!:p Then for lunch I was hungry and it was late so I had yogert, hummus/2pita, banana. Not bad, but I was doing so good with sticking to what I wrote down. For snack I will have a WW shake with cherries.

Gin~ Enjoy your class with Laura tomorrow:)

Marcy~ Great workout! I've heard alot of good "buzz" about Squeeze. Good luck to your DH today! Maybe Gins good fortune will pass to you all:)

***I am reading NROL4W. So far its alot of common sense and stuff we read on the forums here. the weight lifting schedule is confusing to me, and the nutrition stuff has very little for vegetarians. I think the #1 thing I am getting from it, is to lift heavy and eat balanced protein, carbs and fat (a little heavier on the protein.) My question is, since I'm vegetarian, and I need to eat rice and beans to equal a protein, how does that work? Also he mentions that a post workout recovery drink of whey powder protein is a must. Does this mean I would do that instead of eat breakfast? confusing. I think I will just stick with Cathe. This month 4DS, next month PS and then maybe a week off and then hopefully STS will be here:7

Deanie

eta: Marcy~ I love asparagus, but don't have a good recipe. How do you make yours?

Deanie - I cheated today too. DH's aunt sent me a belated mother's day gift - chocolate! I had 4 pieces. I've been getting a late start exercising so my 5 meals a day is really screwed up. I had a Kashi Entree - Pasta Pomodoro for lunch. That was at 3:00 and I ate breakfast at 11:30.

I steam my asparagus. Then I just put some spray butter on it with some lemon juice. Spark People has an aspargus/pasta recipe. When I find it, I'll email it to you.

Do you think you could e-mail back to me my recipe for Peppered Scallops? I made it the other night but then water got all over it and smudged it. I'm glad at least DH likes this one. I plan on making a scallop chowder later this week.

I gained back a pound today but lost 1.2% of body fat. Things are still out of whack with me not being on a regular schedule yet.

Thanks for the good wishes on me getting a job. I still haven't heard from DH yet. I'm hoping things are going well since he's taking so long.

Marcy

Hi Again!
It's late so I probably missed you guys.
I met with the pre-school interim director to let him know that I would not be coming back and he really didn't have a reaction which shocked me. I won't take it personally, but he did say that he wasn't worried about filling my position.:-( Oh well. I know what's in his heart.
Then I went to visit the new classroom and they showed me all around. One of the "perks" is that thye will have a new cafeteria and new food service next year and all the teachers eat free. Hope it's good and healthy!:9 I will love not to have to pack a lunch!

Marcy--Good luck to you and DH on finding a job that you both love! WTG with the workout and your diet (except for the yummy chocolate!:9 ) I missed the step class Monday because I couldn't find the gym!!x(

Deanie--Glad to hear that you are also human and occasionally mess up with your diet! ;) How did I miss that you are a vegetarian? How long? I also LOVE asparagus!

Have a good evening!
Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.