----->GDMT-----TGIF<-----

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!!

Yesterday we got 6" of snow, and I thought for sure the schools would be opening late, so I slept for an extra hour. Wouldn't you know, the schools opened on time!!! Thankfully DH goes in late today, and at 7 he took care of the kids morning routine, so I could do all of legs and back and ARX. :7 Love that man!:*

Today I did really well for my pullups, they seem to be easiest with legs, since no other upper body work is involved. I did 5 chinups in a row- regular, not negitives:) :)

Gin~ Is today another S&H day?

Marcy~ Where are you at for workouts? I am happy to be done for the week (well, one more day...) and ready for the recovery week! Those recovery weeks come just in time! I had a really hard time with the one legged wall squats today}(

Tracee~ HI!!

Have a great day all~
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!!

Today was KPC...Fun!:) So happy to be able to do those pikes on the ball. I guess I have to celebrate the small things, huh?
My friend called last night and it was going to be too cold to walk...yeah to that! I agreed!

Deanie--How fun to have 6" of snow. I read someone post that if you want the schools to close due to the weather, you need to wear your pajamas inside out and backwards!;-) How sweet of you DH to take care of the kids so that you could workout!! I do the last of S&H (legs and shoulders) tomorrow.

Marcy--What is on tap this weekend? How was your itching last night?:-(

Tracee--Hope you are still with us!!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi guys. I just came in to confess that working out is just not working out. :-( I can't seem to get motivated to do it anymore but I really don't want to give it up completely. So I'm trying to come in here to feel guilty and see if that will give me the kick in the pants that I need. It has just become too easy to talk myself out of getting up every morning. I only did S&H chest and back this week and that was in the middle of the day not in the morning. Too bad I didn't have that kind of time all the time.

Anyway, thanks for being here for me and I wish I was a better support system for you guys (not that any of you need it).

Hopefully, I'll get it together soon.

Tracee

Good Morning Ladies!

I had a little bit better night's sleep last night. I decided to do Eoin's 30 min. quickie on Power Yoga for Happiness. I used some Oil of Olay. It didn't burn putting it on like the other creams I've been using. Tomorrow we're going to look for a humidifier. I really hope that works!

Today was Back & Biceps. Here are my stats:

Lawnmowers: 10 reps at 37# (up 2#)
21s: 16#
One-Arm Cross Body Curls: 8 reps @ 18# (up 2#)
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers: 9 reps @ 37# (up 1#)
Standing Bicep Curls: 12 reps @ 19# (up 2 reps)
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 12 reps @ 19# (up 2 reps)
Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 8 reps, 31# (up 2#)
Open Arm Curls: 8 reps, 19#
Static Arm Curls: 16 reps, 15# (I think I might go down a little with this one; I'm really losing it at the end)
Congdon Locomotives: 40 reps, 21# (up 2#)
Crouching Cohen Curls: 6 reps, 19# (I think I'm going to go down with this one too)
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 8 reps, 19#
Seated Bent-Over Flys: 12 reps, 19# (up 3#) (will probably go up to 21# next time)
Curl-Up/Hammer Downs: 7 reps, 16# (down 2 reps)
Hammer Curls: 9 reps, 16# (down 1 rep)
In-Out Hammer Curls: 8 reps, 16# (down 1 rep)
Strip-Set Curls: I was running out of time on this one. Decided not to do them. Then I tried to pick up the weights and had no energy left so I skipped them.

Deanie - I totally agree about the chinups/pullups. It's hard to make any real gains on them in this workout. Legs & Back is where it really makes a difference for me. The pullups in Back & Bis are also much harder. Congrats on the 5 chinups:)! That's awesome. I'm hoping to do 3 in a row on Sunday. Your DH is super nice to take the kids for you. You're very lucky. I never went dancing last night between the weather and feeling so tired so I really need to get some cardio in. I might try Kenpo X+ tomorrow and then I'll do Legs & Back on Sunday. Also have to do at least one more ab workout. I'm off on Monday so I'll catch up then on anything I miss over the weekend.

Gin - Good work on the pikes! I love KPC abs. It's been awhile since I did them. Love the music for them.

Tracee - Nice to hear from you. Sorry workouts aren't working for you. Since it's tough right now, why not try maybe only one or two workouts a week and then slowly build your way back up. Maybe it's just the winter blahs too. Winter hasn't been pleasant to me and I'll be doing the happy dance when spring comes knocking. Keep your chin up and hope to hear from you again soon.

Have a great day. BBL.

Marcy

Hi guys

Gin~ Great job on the pikes. I like the ab work in KPC, I always feel it afterward! I'm glad you didn't run in 20 degree weather!

Tracee~ good to hear from you! I agree with Marcy's solution for you workout dilema. That way, even if you only do one workout, you still feel good:)

Marcy~ Great workout today! I actually think we are about the same in this workout- that makes me feel good!:D I hope you get all your workouts in this weekend. I am going to do KB/BC tommorrow, I really enjoy that workout and when I do CTX kickbox with the 4DS kickbox, its just repeating itself over again. I wonder if KPC might be a better sub, but I would miss doing the 4DS kickbox!! I've been doing it for about 11 weeks now and I'm still lovin' it!! I will probably have withdraw symptoms when I stop!LOL

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - I think I decided Back & Biceps is the worst workout for me in P90X. I think I make more headway with CST. I can't wait to get a pullup bar in the same room as I exercise. I don't like using up my energy going up the stairs - I need every ounce of it do the chinups/pullups. Then I usually wait for my HR to go down a little.

That's great you're still enjoying 4DS Kickbox and you're not bored with it yet. I really did like 4DS kickbox but I love doing combos and she only did one. Although I think it's a great workout for 30 mins. Maybe you might want to do the KPC Cardio Conditioning Premix (37 mins.) and BC just for a change.

I think I'll try Kenpo + this weekend. I've heard pretty good things about it already. I heard Intervals + repeats itself (it does the same exercise with different intensities) so I wonder how I'll like that one.

I'm really looking forward to recovery week. Even though there's Core Syn, that will feel almost relaxing compared to CST/B&B for 3 weeks.

Marcy

I don't know... how about KPC cardio conditioning and 4DS kickbox?

I totally agree about the recovery week vs. cst/b&b!!}( (although I kinda like b&b) I forgot you run up and down the stairs for the pullups! What a pain that must be!!x( :)

Deanie

not sure yet, we'll see how I feel. Right now I'm thinking one day yoga, one pilates.

How about you? is Shiva Rae your favorite? From the video clip on Collage she looked good.

Deanie

I really like Shiva. She's one of my favorites. I was thinking of doing the last Budokon I haven't tried yet - Strength & Balance. For the other day, I might do Shiva or Power Yoga for Happiness. I wonder when I'll ever be able to do Swenson's 2nd Series. I always thought I was really flexible until I saw him. He's the most flexible guy I've even seen. I also need to get my headstands a little better before I try that one again. I might do Shiva because I like the way she gets you into the more advanced poses - headstands, handstands, etc. and it has been a little while since I did her.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.